Occupation Authorities Approve 3,144 New Colonial Units in the West Bank

Israeli authorities authorized, on Wednesday, 3,144 additional colonial settlement units for construction in the occupied West Bank, the Palestinian News and Information Agency (WAFA) reported.

The US State Department condemned the plans, expressing its distress at Israel’s plans for the expansion of illegal settlements in the West Bank, illegal under International Law.

Furthermore, on Sunday, Israeli authorities issued proposals for the construction of 1,355 new colonial units, which has drawn harsh criticism from the European Union, the Arab League, and the Egyptian Foreign Ministry.

In a statement, Tuesday, a spokesperson for the European Union (EU) denounced the issuance of tenders (bids) for 1,355 new units

“Settlements are illegal under international law and constitute a major obstacle to the achievement of the Two-State solution and a just, lasting, and comprehensive peace between the parties,” said the statement.

“We call upon the Government of Israel to halt settlement construction and to not proceed with the announced tenders,” the statement concluded.

Moreover, on Tuesday, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry issued a statement condemning Israel’s colonial schemes, demanding that the occupation state cease the unilateral acts which threaten the prospect of peace, and the hope for a future Palestinian state.

The Arab League criticized, on Monday, the authorities’ decision to issue bids for the 1,355 new colonial units and the approval of the construction of 3,144 more illegal settlement units.

In a statement, the Arab league said;

The new Israeli settlement crime announced by the occupation authorities yesterday comes as part of the continuous and escalating Israeli aggression against the Palestinian people, especially in the context of continuing settlement plans.”

It added that;

All Israeli settlements established on the territory of the occupied State of Palestine are illegal under international law and relevant United Nations resolutions, especially Resolution No. 2334 of the Security Council on December 23, 2016.”

(Source / 28.10.2021)

Despite US opposition… ‘Israel’ approves construction of over 3000 settlement units

Ramallah (QNN)- The Israeli ‘Supreme Council for Planning’ on Wednesday approved a plan to construct 3144 settlement units in the occupied West Bank, disregarding opposition by the Biden administration.

According to the plan, 1800 settlement units out of 3144 have already got the final approval to be constructed.

The new illegal settlements are intended to be distributed on 30 settlements and outposts across the West Bank and Jerusalem.

This is the first time the current Israeli government approves such a major settlement project, especially during the Biden administration.

Yesterday, US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, made a phone call with the Israeli minister of security affairs, Benny Gantz, trying to prevent the settlement project.

(Source / 28.10.2021)

Video| Israeli occupation forces demolish Al-Araqib Bedouin village for 194th time

Negev Desert (QNN)- Israeli occupation forces demolished Al-Araqib village in the Negev Desert earlier on Thursday for the 194th time.

Reports said an Israeli force raided the village, which is rebuilt by its residents after each time it has been demolished, and removed all the tents and destroyed the tin shelters placed on the land by the residents to provide a roof over their heads in the cold or hot weather, leaving them homeless.

Al-Araqib was demolished for the first time in 2000. Today’s demolition is the tenth so far this year.

‘Israel’ does not “recognise” the village, but its residents point out that they own the land and have done, since the Ottoman period, decades before ‘Israel’ was created in occupied Palestine.

Despite the repeated demolitions, every time the residents of Al-Araqib rebuild their tents and small homes. However, the occupation forces return to raze them, sometimes several times in a month. There are 22 Palestinian families living in the village.

Al-Araqib village is one of 51 “unrecognised” Arab villages in the area, and is constantly targeted for demolition by Israeli bulldozers, for which Bedouins are then charged.

(Source / 28.10.2021)

For 4th day in row, Israeli forces demolish, sabotage Al-Yusufiya Cemetery in Jerusalem

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Israeli occupation forces since the early morning hours of Thursday started demolishing and sabotaging parts of the Al-Yusufiya Cemetery, one of the most important and prominent Islamic cemeteries in the occupied city of Jerusalem.

Local sources said that the forces earlier today stormed the site and started for the fourth day in a row demolishing and sabotaging parts of the Al-Yusufiya Cemetery, a step that came after the Israeli court ordered the Israeli municipality in occupied Jerusalem to resume the demolishing works of the land to establish a biblical national park.

The forces also installed a metal gate at one of the entrances of the Cemetery.

Yusufiya Cemetery is located north of the al-Rahma Gate cemetery, adjacent to the eastern wall of the occupied city of Jerusalem.

It has been targeted for years by Israeli excavations which reached archaeological structures close to the doorstep of the al-Asbat Gate.

The occupation municipality has been working to surround the Cemetery with Judaizing projects, paths and Talmudic parks along the eastern wall of Jerusalem and adjacent to the cemetery to hide the features of the original paths and historical sites surrounding the cemetery.

In this context, in December 202, the Israeli occupation authorities demolished the wall of the cemetery adjacent to the al-Asbat Gate and removed its archaeological stairs in addition to the stairs leading to the martyrs’ cemetery.

The Cemetery houses the graves of Palestinian, Jordanian and Iraqi martyrs who were killed by Israeli militias during the 1967 war in Palestine.

In 2014, the occupation authorities prevented the burial in the cemetery’s northern area and removed 20 graves of Jordanian soldiers who were martyred in 1967 in what is known as the Cemetery of the Martyrs and the Monument of the Unknown Soldier.

(Source / 28.10.2021)

Israel ban on Gaza importing medical equipment condemned by rights group

A Palestinian patient undergoes kidney dialysis at al-Shifa hospital during the continuing crisis of power outages, in Gaza city on 28 August, 2018 [Ashraf Amra/Apaimages]
A Palestinian patient receives medical care at a hospital in Gaza city on 28 August 2018 

Israel’s ban on Gaza importing urgently-needed medical equipment has been condemned by Al-Mezan Centre for Human Rights. The group said on Wednesday that most of the medical equipment banned lately is needed for diagnostic purposes, including testing for Covid-19 and other illnesses.

This is nothing new. “The Israeli occupation authorities have been blocking the entry of urgent medical equipment to Gaza hospitals for ten years,” Al-Mezan pointed out. “However, the ongoing ban on such equipment complicates the deteriorating health sector in Gaza and undermines the work of medical staff.”

In the latest case, said Al-Mezan, Israel has blocked the import of 14 X-ray machines which are needed urgently by Gaza’s hospitals. Of the 22 machines in Gaza already, it added, eight no longer work because regular maintenance has not been possible due to the ban on spare parts imposed by Israel.

The health sector in Gaza has deteriorated throughout the Israeli-led siege in place since 2007. Al-Mezan called on the international community to bear its legal responsibility and move immediately to push Israel to end the siege before it is too late.

OPINION: The Gaza phoenix is rising, giving hope to Palestinian burns patients

(Source / 27.10.2021)

Israel navy confiscate, destroy Gaza fishing boat

Palestinians’ fishing boats are docked after Israeli army implemented maritime blockade over Gaza Strip claiming helium filled balloon thrown by Gaza Strip side in Gaza City, Gaza on 13 June, 2019 

The Israeli occupation’s navy this morning confiscated two fishing boats off the Gaza coast and destroyed a third.

According to the Head of the Fishermen’s Syndicate, Nizar Ayyash, the two fishing boats were owned by fishermen Abdullah Al-Bardaweel.

While the one that was destroyed was owned by Mohammad Al-Bardaweel, Ayyash said, noting that the Israeli navy also destroyed lights and other equipment used for fishing.

Ayyash noted that the Israeli navy’s attacks on Palestinian fishermen do not stop, noting that the attack was carried out at about seven nautical miles from the coast.

OPINION: Gaza fishermen are caught between a rock and a hard place

According to the Palestinian Fishermen’s Association in Gaza, there are some 4,000 fishermen working in Gaza’s fishing sector, who are looking after about 50,000 dependents.

The profession has been deemed dangerous by rights organisations due to Israel’s harassment of fishermen at sea.

Last year alone, Israeli occupation forces attacked Palestinian fishermen off the coast of the Gaza Strip on at least 320 occasions, the Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC) reported, 63 more attacks than the previous year. Israel also closed the fishing area altogether for 16 days in August.

Israel naval forces ‘escalate’ attacks on Palestinian fishermen
READ: https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180903-israel-naval-fo…/
MEMO #Infographic by The White Canvas

(Source / 27.10.2021)

Soldiers Abduct A Former Political Prisoner Near Jenin

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Tuesday evening, a former political prisoner from Marka village, south of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, and confiscated a bulldozer near Hebron, in southern West Bank

Local sources said the soldiers invaded Marka village before storming and violently searching a shop, near the Arraba-Jenin junction.

They added that the soldiers abducted a former political prisoner, identified as Ala’ Yousef Abu Jalboush, 20, and took him to an unknown destination.

In related news, the soldiers invaded the as-Samoa’ town, south of the southern West Bank city of Hebron, and confiscated a Palestinian bulldozer, owned by Hasan Hussein al-Mahareeq, during work in the Simia area of the western part of the town.

Also Tuesday, Israeli forces demolished four under-construction buildings in Deir Qaddis village, west of Ramallah in the central occupied West Bank.

The Israeli occupation army also continued the defiling of the Islamic al-Yousofiyya cemetery in Jerusalem, for the second consecutive day.

On Tuesday at dawn, the soldiers abducted three Palestinians in Nablus, in northern West Bank.

Also Tuesday:

Israeli Colonizers Attack Red Cross Team Near Nablus

Army Detains Four Palestinians, Including Two Children, In Hebron

Soldiers Abduct A Wheelchair-Bound Palestinian On His Way To Hospital In Bethlehem

(Source / 27.10.2021)

Updated: Soldiers Abduct Eight Palestinians, Injure One, In Jenin

Updated: Israeli soldiers abducted, on Wednesday at dawn, eight Palestinians and assaulted one causing various wounds, in the Jenin governorate, in northern West Bank.

Media sources said several army vehicles invaded Bir al-Basha village, southwest of Jenin, before storming and ransacking the homes of the brothers and relatives of detainee Yacoub Qadri, who was one of six detainees who managed to escape from the heavily fortified Galboa’ Israeli prison before they captured a week later.

The sources added that the soldiers abducted Laith Hamza Ghawadra, and Mohammad Ghawadra, the brother of detainee Yacoub Ghawadra, after storming and ransacking their homes, causing serious property damage.

The soldiers also invaded the home of Ali Ghawadra, 63, the brother of Yacoub, and violently searched the property, leading to serious damage, and assaulted him causing serious cuts and bruises, before Palestinian medics rushed him to a hospital in Jenin.

Furthermore, the soldiers abducted two former political prisoners, identified as Sami Mohammad Ghawadra and Haitham Fayeq Ghawadra, in addition to Mohammad Ghawadra, Mohannad Fayeq Ghawadra, Ragheb Emad Ghawadra, Marwan Mohammad Ghawadra, Ahmad Ali Ghawadra, and Laith Hamza Ghawadra.

In addition, Israeli military helicopters were seen flying over the meadow of Marka village, near Bir al-Basha, before landing and deploying many soldiers in the area.

The soldiers also invaded the villages and towns, of Ya’bad, Arraba, Kafrit, Arrana, and Deir Ghazala.

On Tuesday evening, the soldiers abducted a former political prisoner from Marka village, south of Jenin, and confiscated a bulldozer near Hebron, in southern West Bank.

(Source / 27.10.2021)

Israeli Army Abducts Four Palestinians In Hebron

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Wednesday at dawn, four Palestinians from several parts of the Hebron governorate, in southern West Bank.

Media sources said several army vehicles invaded the Abu Kteila area, in Hebron city, before the soldiers stormed and searched homes, and abducted a young man, identified as Suheib Mohammad al-Qawasmi.

They added that the soldiers also invaded Karisa village, west of Doura town, south of Hebron, searched homes, before abducting Mohyeddin Sharawna and Hazem Hussein Sharawna.

In addition, the soldiers invaded Beit Ummar town, north of Hebron, searched homes, and abducted Montaser Yousef Abu Ayyash, 30.

Also at dawn, the soldiers abducted eight Palestinians and assaulted one causing various wounds, in the Jenin governorate, in northern West Bank.

(Source / 27.10.2021)

Army Abducts Four Palestinians, Including Two Children, In Qalqilia And Bethlehem

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Wednesday at dawn, four Palestinians, including two children, from their homes in Qalqilia and Bethlehem, in the occupied West Bank. Sixteen Palestinians have been abducted by the sodliers across the West Bank at dawn.

Local sources in Qalqilia, in northern West Bank, said several army jeeps invaded Azzoun town, east of the city, searched several homes, and abducted two Palestinians, identified as Karim Omran and Mo’men Shello.

In Bethlehem governorate, south of the occupied Palestinian capital, Jerusalem, in the West Bank, the soldiers abducted two children, identified as Yazan Amer Sabah, 16, and Ibrahim Salim Sabah, 15, from their homes in Teqoa’ town, southeast of Bethlehem city.

In Hebron, in southern West Bank, the soldiers abducted four Palestinians from several parts of the governorate.

Also at dawn, the soldiers abducted eight Palestinians and assaulted one causing various wounds, in the Jenin governorate, in northern West Bank.

(Source / 27.10.2021)