Islamic Jihad: Next Jerusalem battle will be ‘regional war’

Member of the Islamic Jihad Movement Khaled al-Batsh makes a speech during a protest against U.S. President Donald Trump’s Middle East plan in Gaza City, Gaza on Februay 21, 2020 [Ali Jadallah/Anadolu Agency]
Member of the Islamic Jihad Movement Khaled Al-Batsh in Gaza City, Gaza on 21 February 2020

The next battle over Jerusalem will be a “regional war”, a senior member of the Islamic Jihad Movement’s political bureau warned yesterday.

“It is enough to hear five prominent leaders in the region expressing their readiness to defend Jerusalem,” Khaled Al-Batsh told reporters.

He described those forces as “capable of waging war and leading a regional battle for Jerusalem.”

Last month Israel bombed the Gaza Strip, killing over 250 Palestinians, after resistance factions declared support for Palestinians in occupied East Jerusalem who are at risked of forced displacement to make way for illegal settlers.

READ: Joint List urges major powers to stop provocative rallies by Israel’s far-right

(Source / 18.06.2021)

680 Individuals Call for US to Uphold Palestinian Rights

An open letter the US Biden administration was published, Thursday, demanding the provision of basic human rights for the people of Palestine, with 680 signatures, the New Arab (Al-Araby) reports.

Signatories of the letter include Israeli expatriate, author and historian, Ilan Pappé and US academic, Noam Chomsky, in addition to religious and other civil society groups, demand President Biden to put “human rights at the centre of US foreign policy”.

“More and more people are acknowledging that a sustained peace will not be possible until the Israeli government ends its institutionalized domination and oppression of the Palestinian people and starts being held accountable for all violations of international law committed against them. And this will not happen without US leadership,” said Sandra Tamari, executive director of US-based Palestinian advocacy organization, Adalah Justice Project.

The individuals, from 75 different countries, called on President Biden to secure the accountability of Israeli authorities, to apply “diplomatic pressure” on the occupation state to end its “discrimination and oppression” of the Palestinians.

The signatories pressed the US Administration for an end to the decades long policy of maintaining the “political status quo, devoid of justice and accountability“.

(Source / 18.06.2021)

Breaking| Palestinian resistance downs Israeli drone in Gaza

The Palestinian resistance in the Gaza Strip shot down an Israeli drone as it was overflying the western areas of the Gaza Strip on Thursday night.

The resistance fighters opened fire at a drone (quadcopter) and seized it after it fell down in a western area of Gaza.

The occupation state has launched a series of airstrikes on several targets in the Gaza strip on Thursday night.

The Israeli jets struck targets in Beit Lahia in the northern Gaza Strip, no injuries have been reported yet, as all targets were empty.

The Israeli military also struck locations in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.

The Israeli jets also struck an empty agricultural land in Jabalia camp in the northern Gaza Strip.

‘Israel’ also launched a series of airstrikes on several targets in the Gaza strip in the early hours of Wednesday this week, as the Palestinian resistance warned the occupation state against the settlers’ raid in Jerusalem on Tuesday, which was approved despite the warnings.

The raids early on Wednesday come less than a month after Israel’s 11-day bombardment of Gaza in May and followed a march in occupied East Jerusalem by Israeli nationalists that drew Palestinian condemnation and anger.

Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip started on May 10 and ended with a ceasefire brokered by mediator Egypt on May 21, killing at least 279 Palestinians, including 69 children and 40 women and injuring 1,910 others.

19 families in the Gaza Strip have been wiped off the population civil registry during Israel’s 11-day aggression, the Palestinian Health Ministry said, including 41 children and 25 women.

More than 90,000 Palestinians were displaced from their homes, and much of Gaza’s infrastructure and many residential buildings were completely destroyed or levelled.

Health centres, media offices, as well as schools were among the structures targeted during the 11-days of constant bombardment.

(Source / 18.06.2021)

Palestinians call on to #SaveBeita, after Israel’s establishment of outpost

Nablus (QNN)- On Wednesday, a Palestinian youth was shot dead in the head by Israeli occupation forces in Beita town in Nablus in the northern of occupied West Bank.

The Palestinian Ahmed Bani Shamsa was announced dead today after being critically injured in the head by the Israeli forces in Beita town yesterday, during a protest against Israel’s construction of a settlement outpost in his town in Mount Sabih.

In early May, a group of Israeli settlers set up caravans on Jabal Sabih, and with the help of Israeli occupation forces have since prevented any Palestinian access to the area.

Since then, Beita has witnessed several protests against the new settler outpost on Jabal Sabih, which lies on the southern outskirts of the village and comprises an estimated 30 percent of Beita’s entire land area.

The livelihoods of at least 17 Palestinian families – more than 100 people – are threatened as they depend on harvesting their olives on land they have owned for generations.

In addition to Ahmad, 4 young Palestinian men were also killed during protests on Jabal Sabih.

In mid-May, the Israeli forces killed three Palestinians during protests on Jabal Sabih, including Beita residents Zakariya Hamayel, a local school teacher, and Dr Issa Barham, a law professor.

A third young man, identified as Tareq Snowbar from the nearby village of Yatma, was also killed during protests in Beita on 16 May.

15-year-old Mohammed Hamayel was also shot and killed by Israeli forces last Friday while joining the subsequent demonstrations there along with his friends, neighbours and family.

Looking through the FB profile od 15-year-old Mohammed Hamayel, you’ll understand that his cover photo is for his friend who was murdered by ‘Israel’. He wrote he was originally from Ramleh city, which ‘Israel’ occupied and forcibly depopulated in 1948. (1/2)

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Dozens more in the village have been wounded, including many with live ammunition who are still being treated in hospital.

Other protesters suffocated from teargas fired at them by the occupation forces during the protests.

Villages in the occupied West Bank often hold Friday demonstrations against land confiscation, house demolitions and Israeli settlements deemed illegal under international law.

Israeli forces usually respond to the protests with violence.

There are nearly 700,000 Israeli settlers living in 256 illegal settlements and outposts scattered across the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem. Israeli settlements are illegal under international law.

Many Pro-Palestine activists have been tweeting in support of Beita and its residents, exposing what is happening in the town and Israel’s violence against Beita’s residents.

The Israeli Occupation Forces shot and killed 17 year old Ahmad Bani Shamsah in Beita last night. The Zionist terrorists shot him in the head. He was in the ICU for hours before he was martyred. #SaveBeita

Afbeelding

4 martyrs and 50 injured. Situation is extremely serious yet nobody is bringing up! Beitas people are still fighting on their own with no one else to help. GET THIS TRENDING #SaveBeita#Save_jabal_sabih

Afbeelding

(Source / 17.06.2021)

Palestinian Dies of Wounds Sustained During Gaza Aggression

In Beit Hanoun, in the northern part of the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian identified as Muayyad Hamdan died of wounds sustained during the recent Israeli airstrikes in May in Gaza.

Medical sources announced the death of Muayyad Hamdan, 37, from Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip, as a result of the serious wounds he sustained during the last Israeli aggression on the Strip.

He was seriously wounded in an Israeli airstrike during the onslaught in May, and

His death brings the death toll of the aggression, which lasted 11 days last May, to 259, including 66 children and 39 women, and 17 elderly people.

Over 50,000 people were driven from their homes during the Israeli bombardment.

Now that the bombing has temporarily ceased, they are still stuck within the open-air prison of the Gaza Strip, in which 2.4 million Palestinians live crowded together in harsh economic conditions due to an Israeli siege that has been in place for fourteen years.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

‘Israeli strike left nothing for me,’ father from Gaza says

‘Israeli strike destroyed my dreams, my passion, my future, my source of income, my past and every moment I spent to get fulfil my dream,’ Ramadan said

During the 11-day brutal Israeli offensive on the besieged Gaza Strip, hundreds of Palestinian people lost families members and relatives and thousands losts their homes and businesses, and they became jobless.


“I am left with nothing,” Ramadan al Njeli, a Palestine refugee who lives in Gaza said, “but thanks to God that I am still alive and that’s enough to start over.”

Ramadan lost his printing and advertising company when Kuhail building in central Gaza City was completely destroyed in an Israeli airstrike. “My business was not just my source of income, my life’s dream,” he says.

Ramadan’s struggle to achieve his dream is no different than the stories of others with a clear vision of the future within context of the blockaded Gaza Strip.

“At university, I always wanted to be a programmer and to that end, I studied computer engineering and paid extra attention to programming Courses. But it’s never easy in Gaza,” he said.

“My father lost his job in 2007 due to the blockade imposed on Gaza, so that, I had to work to continue my university studies. I never let despair seep into my life. I worked with a printing company where I learned the basics of designing and printing.”

Determination, commitment and vision are all Ramadan needed to make his head start. He used all the knowledge and potential he had honed in university to establish his first career milestone: starting his own business.

“I always liked sculpture and when I worked at a printing company, I found that I could pair my knowledge in computer programming with my love for sculpture to start up my own company of printing and advertising,” he said.

From the first time he recognised his potential to the moment his business took off, Ramadan narrated his journey, holding on to the remains of his company’s products that he salvaged from the rubble.

He couldn’t hold back the tears in his eyes. He recalls every detail, set back and challenge he has faced since launching his career in 2010 to the moment the Israeli missile struck Kuhail building.

“I used to sleep in the office to save on transportation money. During the Israeli offensive in 2014, I was in severe debt and was about to lose my business, but I remained focused and started again.

“I have spared no time or effort in my quest to succeed. The word impossible is not in my dictionary. And because of this, I’ve been engaged in a continuous learning process.

“Whenever I find a new printing technique, I studied it until I became an expert. I spent days and nights crafting a design or adjusting raw materials for certain printing techniques. Even during the COVID-19 related pandemic measures, I adapted my deliverables to meet the demands of my clients.”

On his determination, he said: “I like to remember these moments when I am on the brink of success. It reminds me that I am strong and capable enough to start again and again as long as I live. No matter how many times I fall, I’ll start again.”

The 2020 was the first year Ramadan felt a sense of stability with his business. He was finally able to garner regular income from his projects. His unique brand was getting recognised and his business was free of debt for the first time since 2010.

Just days before the start of the last Israeli offensive on the besieged Gaza Strip, Ramadan was preparing a package of printed products.

“When the building was levelled to the ground, it was not rocks that were crushed and turned to dust and rubble – it was my dreams, my passion, my future, my source of income, my past and every moment I spent to get here – to my dream.”

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Hamas military wing says prisoner file will ‘shock’ occupation authorities

Palestinian group Hamas’s military wing, Izz ad-Din al Qassam Brigades, patrol at a street in Gaza City, Gaza on April 23, 2021 [Ashraf Amra/Anadolu Agency]
Palestinian group Hamas’s military wing, Izz ad-Din al Qassam Brigades, patrol at a street in Gaza City, Gaza on April 23, 2021

The Deputy Commander of the military wing of Hamas, Marwan Issa, has said that the Palestinian prisoners’ file will “shock” the occupation authorities and the resistance will surprise “enemies” as well as “friends”. The official with Al Qassam Brigades made his comments in a documentary aired last week on Al Jazeera.

“Many sides doubt the abilities of the Palestinian resistance,” noted Issa. “I am not exaggerating if I say that the prisoners’ file will trigger several surprises for the Zionist occupation.”

He revealed that a prisoner swap is possible soon. It is, he pointed out, the most important issue currently on the table. “We cannot waste more time while we are looking at the suffering and pain of the prisoners inside Israeli jails and their families.”

Resistance fighters, added Issa, are still protecting and guarding the Israeli prisoners held in Gaza.

OPINION: Israeli prisoners are the Qassam Brigades’ intelligence treasure

(Source / 15.06.2021)

PA: New Israel gov’t should start working to end the occupation

Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammed Shtayyeh speaks to press in Ramallah, West Bank on 30 July 2019 [Issam Rimawi/Anadolu Agency]
Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammed Shtayyeh speaks to press in Ramallah, West Bank on 30 July 2019 

Palestinian Authority (PA) Prime Minister Mohammed Shtayyeh said yesterday that the new Israeli government should start working to bring an end to the occupation, Rai Al-Youm reported.

Speaking at the weekly meeting of his cabinet, Shtayyeh said that the new government would not survive if it does not empower the Palestinians.

“The new Israeli government should start working to end its occupation and remove its colonial tools first and foremost illegal settlement,” Shtayyeh said.

He went on to condemn remarks made by the new Prime Minister Naftali Bennett in which he voiced his support for illegal Israeli settlement mainly in Area C of the occupied West Bank.

He also warned of the “dangerous consequences” of the “provocative” Flag March which is to be held in occupied East Jerusalem today.

OPINION: Can Naftali Bennett handle Netanyahu’s legacy?

“This march is considered an aggression on our people in Jerusalem, as well as an aggression on holy sites,” he said, stressing that “this aggression should be reined in.”

The Flag March sees far-right Israeli ultra-nationalists flooding through Muslim areas celebrating the capture of East Jerusalem by Zionist occupation forces following a second wave of ethnic cleansing in 1967. Chanting “death to Arabs” and singing racist and highly offensive songs, thousands are seen parading through Muslim areas flying the Israeli flag.

On Sunday, Bennett was sworn in as Israel’s new prime minister as part of a coalition which united to overthrow the occupation state’s longest-serving Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who held the post for 12 years.

(Source / 15.06.2021)

Palestinian resistance’s victory a ‘glimmer of hope for the Ummah’, Lebanon parliament speaker says

Lebanese Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri on April 1, 2019 [HAIDAR HAMDANI/AFP via Getty Images]
Lebanese Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri on April 1, 2019

The Arab and Muslim Ummah are feeling proud following the victory of the Palestinians, Sama News reported Lebanese Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri saying yesterday.

The resistance’s main achievement during the last Israeli assault “is the comprehensive national and popular unity inside and outside Palestine,” he explained.

Berri proudly hailed the “persistence, resilience and major achievements” made by the Palestinian resistance against the Israeli occupation on the ground.

“This victory was achieved due to the unity among the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, the West Bank and the Palestinians in 48 occupied lands,” he said, stressing that the Palestinian in Israel “succeeded in freezing the occupation through their successful strike which is the fist of its kind since the Nakba.”

“This unity gives a glimpse of hope for the Ummah,” he said, stressing that unity in any Arab or Muslim country is the core for victory against any external aggression.

OPINION: The Palestinian resistance is the pride of the Ummah

(Source / 15.06.2021)

BREAKING| IJ: We will not allow ‘Israel’ to compromise Al Aqsa mosque

Members of the military wing of the Islamic Jihad (IJ) movement during a military parade in Gaza

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- The Islamic Jihad movement has said that it will not allow the occupation state to compromise Al Aqsa mosque. It added that it will confront the Israeli settlers’ provocations with full force.

“The occupation will have a foothold [in Al Aqsa]”, the resistance movement said in a statement issued today.

“The settlers’ raid today puts us before a real test. We either risk our lives defending our holy places… or we surrender.”

“It is impossible for us to accept the second choice.”

The movement also called on native Palestinians across Palestine to flock towards Al Aqsa mosque.

Yesterday, the Israeli army increased its forces in the West Bank and settlements near Gaza. It also declared high alert in fear of the resistance to retaliate against Jerusalem’s settlers’ raid.

(Source / 15.06.2021)