Palestinian youth detained in the Aqsa Mosque

Aqsa Mosque

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC) – Israeli police detained a Palestinian young man inside the Aqsa Mosque in the Old City of Occupied Jerusalem on Friday evening.

Jerusalemite sources said that Israeli policemen detained the youth near the Dome of the Rock and took him to an investigation center in the Old City.

Jerusalemites, especially young people, are targeted by constant Israeli harassment and restrictions in a bid to persuade them leave the holy city and abandon the Aqsa Mosque to leave it an easy prey for Jewish settlers’ dreams of building a temple in its place.

(Source / 24.10.2020)

Settlers attack olive pickers and cut down olive trees south of Nablus

Olive trees

NABLUS, (PIC) – Hordes of Jewish settlers cut down a number of olive trees in Jalud, south of Nablus, on Saturday.

Ghassan Daghlas, an official monitoring the settlement activity in the northern West Bank, said that Jalud’s citizens discovered that settlers had cut down several olive trees on their lands east of the town, known as Karakfa that is adjacent to Ish Kodesh settlement outpost.

He added that some of these trees, which were cut down using electric saws, are perennial and have been cultivated for hundreds of years.

Dozens of Jewish settlers had attacked on Friday Palestinian farmers who were picking olives on their lands in Burin village, south of Nablus, wounding several of them.

Local sources reported that 3 civilians were wounded in the settlers’ attack on the olive pickers in the Jabal Salman area in Burin village.

Daghlas stated that settlers assaulted citizens in the village, and threw stones at their vehicles. Three Palestinians were injured and they were taken to the hospital.

Jewish settlers also threw stones at citizens’ vehicles, which led to big damage to a number of them, Daghlas said, adding that they attacked one of the citizens’ houses and destroyed its contents.

He confirmed that clashes erupted in the eastern region of the village after the citizens responded to the settlers’ attack. 

Burin, as other villages south of Nablus, is subjected to continuous attacks by Jewish settlers living in the nearby Jewish settlements of Bracha and Yitzhar which are built on the lands of the village.

Bracha settlement was established in 1983, to the south of Nablus and it belongs to the Gush Amunim movement.

This settlement was initially established as a military outpost (Nahal) in 1982. After that, it turned into a permanent settlement in 1983, and it is located on parts of Mount Gerizim, specifically on the lands of the villages: Kafr Qalil, Burin, and Iraq Burin.

(Source / 24.10.2020)

IOF razes home, displaces family in Jiftlik village

demolition policy
Archive photo

JORDAN VALLEY, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Wednesday displaced a Palestinian family after demolishing their home in Jiftlik village in the Jordan Valley.

Rights activist Aref Daraghmeh said that the IOF knocked down a small makeshift home belonging to the family of Hasan Kaabneh in Tel as-Sammadi area in the village.

This small house was provided for the family as humanitarian assistance after its house had been razed by the IOF last September.

In recent months, the IOF escalated the demolition of homes and structures in Jiftlik village.

(Source / 22.10.2020)

IOF demolishes house in Khader town

demolition policy

BETHLEHEM, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Wednesday demolished a Palestinian house and confiscated construction equipment in al-Khader town, south of Bethlehem.

The homeowner said that a large number of Israeli troops stormed and cordoned off Khirbet Aliya area in the south of al-Khader before embarking on bulldozing his house.

He affirmed that it was the fourth time the IOF demolished his home during the last two years, adding that construction equipment near the house was also confiscated.

(Source / 22.10.2020)

Dozens of settlers defile Aqsa Mosque under police guard

Israeli police seize breakfast of Aqsa staff

Jews defile Aqsa

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation police on Thursday morning allowed dozens of Jewish settlers to desecrate the Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem.

According to local sources, 81 settlers entered the Mosque through al-Maghariba Gate and toured its courtyards under police escort.

The Islamic Awqaf Department reported that some settlers called for expelling its employees from the Aqsa Mosque and took pictures for themselves in front of the Dome of the Rock.

Meanwhile, police officers prevented entry of breakfast meals for Aqsa employees and guards and confiscated them at checkpoints outside the Mosque compound.

(Source / 22.10.2020)

IOF kidnaps several West Bankers in overnight campaigns

IOF in the West Bank

WEST BANK, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) last night and at dawn Thursday raided several homes and kidnaped Palestinian citizens during campaigns in different West Bank areas.

According to local sources, the IOF stormed the eastern neighborhood of Jenin city and kidnaped a young man called Osama al-Saadi from his home.

In Bethlehem, a young man identified as Ahmed Owais was kidnaped from his home in Aida refugee camp.

Another young man identified as Uday Abu Mifreh from Tuqu town in Bethlehem was taken prisoner after he responded to a summons for interrogation from the Shin Bet.

In Nablus, the IOF kidnaped two young men from their homes in Balata refugee camp.

The IOF also stormed Awarta town, southeast of Nablus, broke into and ransacked the house of ex-detainee Samer Sharab and handed him a summons for interrogation.

Last night, three local young men were kidnaped by the IOF during their presence in the archeological area of Sebastia town in northern Nablus, but they were released a few hours later.

In Ramallah, the IOF kidnaped a young man identified as Atta al-Rimawi from his home in Beit Rima town.

In al-Khalil, five citizens were taken prisoners by the IOF in Halhul town. One of them was identified as Thaer Jamal, who turned himself in after the IOF detained his brother Samer.

Another young man called Saber al-Najjar was kidnaped from his home in al-Khalil city.

A woman identified Suhair al-Batran, the wife of prisoner Omar Islemiyeh, was also kidnaped by the IOF after ransacking her home in Idhna town, west of al-Khalil.

The IOF also raided several homes in al-Khalil city and handed a citizen called Mahmoud Masalmeh, from Beit Awwa town, a summons for interrogation.

In Tubas, the IOF kidnaped a young man identified as Thaer Bani Odeh (an ex-detainee) from his home in Tammun town, south of Tubas province.

(Source / 22.10.2020)

Akhras continues his battle of freedom

For 84th day

Detainee Akhras

RAMALLAH, (PIC) – Prisoner Maher Al-Akhras, 49, from Jenin continues his open hunger strike on Sunday for the 84th consecutive day rejecting his administrative detention amid warnings of his possible martyrdom due to the deterioration of his health condition.

Akhras is being held in the Israeli Kaplan hospital in an extremely dangerous health condition as he suffers from severe fatigue and stress, pain in the joints, abdomen and stomach, and permanent headache in addition to weight loss and a balance disorder.

He is also unable to move, losing a lot of fluids and salts. His senses of hearing and speaking have been affected negatively. Doctors warned of damage to several organs of Akhras’s body, such as the kidneys, liver and heart, and thus his life is at risk of sudden death.

Palestinian human rights organizations and political parties warned that Akhras would die at any moment because he entered the stage of extreme danger.

Akhras said, “I am committed to my decision and will eat food only in my home, and I will not break my will. I am now in the Kaplan Hospital, I do not drink anything but water, and I will continue doing so until I return to my house.”

On the 12th of October 2020, the Israeli court had rejected again the request for his immediate release submitted by his lawyer. The court submitted a proposal that indicates the possibility of continuing his administrative detention and not renewing it conditional on stopping his strike. Akhras rejected this proposal and declared that he will continue his battle until his freedom.

The PIC had an interview with Akhras’s wife Taghreed, and she appealed to all the free people of the world to intervene and demand the release of her husband due to the severity of his health condition.

Taghreed confirmed that the doctors told her that there is a real danger on her husband’s life, pointing to the fact that he insists on continuing his strike until either freedom or martyrdom.

She said, “Two weeks ago, my husband’s health condition gravely deteriorated and the doctors warned of his death at any moment.”

Akhras’s wife, who is next to him in the Israeli Kaplan Hospital, called on human rights institutions and the Palestinian factions to support her husband and secure his release.

Akhras was born in August 1971, in Silat al-Dhahr town in Jenin, and he is a father of six children, the youngest of whom is a 6-year-old girl and before his arrest he worked in agriculture.

Akhras was subjected to repeated arrests that began in 1989, and his detention continued for seven months. The second time was in 2004 for two years then he was re-arrested in 2009 and remained in administrative detention for 16 months. He was arrested again in 2018 and was held in custody for 11 months, until his last arrest.

On 27/07/ 2020, he was arrested again and the occupation authorities ordered his administrative detention for four months. The Israeli court tried to circumvent his strike by resorting to what it calls a freeze on administrative detention, which does not mean the immediate end of his detention.

Since the beginning of the strike, Akhras has been subjected to repeated transfers as an attempt to exhaust him and discourage him from continuing his strike. At the beginning of his detention he was held in the Hawara detention center then he was transferred to Ofer prison until he was transferred to the Ramla Clinic prison and finally to the Kaplan hospital.

(Source / 18.10.2020)

IOF kidnaps two Palestinians in al-Khalil and Jerusalem

IOF in the West Bank

WEST BANK, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) last night and at dawn Sunday stormed different areas of the West Bank and Jerusalem and kidnaped two young men from al-Khalil and Issawiya district.

In Jerusalem, Israeli police forces kidnaped a young man called Ibrahim al-Nouri from his home in Issawiya district.

In al-Khalil, the IOF kidnaped another young man identified as Ashraf Jawabreh during his presence at the main entrance to al-Arroub refugee camp.

The IOF also stormed Tel Rumeida neighborhood in al-Khalil city and brutalized some local young men in its streets.

Later in the morning, the IOF set up several makeshift checkpoints in the southern area of al-Khalil city and embarked on intercepting and searching Palestinian vehicles.

In Jenin, a similar checkpoint was set up by the IOF on the road leading to Ya’bad town and Tulkarem city.

(Source / 18.10.2020)

IOF razes house, structures and water networks in Masafer Yatta

IOF in Masafer Yatta

AL-KHALIL, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Sunday destroyed a house, agricultural structures and water networks belonging to Palestinian citizens in Masafer Yatta, south of al-Khalil.

Local official Rateb al-Jabour said that Israeli bulldozers escorted by soldiers razed a 70-quare-meter house and displaced its inhabitants in al-Fakhid area of Masafer Yatta.

Jabour added that the IOF also bulldozed two agricultural storerooms and their contents in the same area.

The house and agricultural structures belonged to a local resident called Akram Abu Sabha.

The IOF also destroyed the water networks that feed the Bedouin communities along the area from Khilat al-Daba to al-Mafqara in Masafer Yatta.

The Israeli occupation army has escalated its violations in Masafer Yatta in recent months through demolishing homes and structures of impoverished families, preventing them of building, cultivating lands and grazing cattle, and depriving them of water resources in order to force them to leave the region.

(Source / 18.10.2020)

Causalities and arrests in al-Khalil

IOF raid

AL-KHALIL, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) arrested on Sunday an ex-prisoner from Beit Ummar town, north of al-Khalil.

Local sources reported that IOF arrested the ex-prisoner, Muhammad Murshid Al-Zaqeq, 24, while he was in Al-Zaeem town, east of Occupied Jerusalem.

Meanwhile, many Palestinian civilians suffered breathing difficulty including three children after the IOF soldiers fired tear gas canisters inside a building in Al-Aroub refugee camp, north of al-Khalil.

According to local sources, IOF stormed Al-Aroub camp and fired tear gas canisters inside a residential building owned by Al-Battat family. Almost all inhabitants were affected by the tear gas canisters including three children.

Clashes later erupted between the Palestinian youths and the IOF soldiers who fired stun grenades, live bullets and tear gas at them, according to the sources.

(Source / 18.10.2020)