Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Israeli occupation has committed 3,940 crimes against Palestinians in occupied Jerusalem since the start of the year, the Palestine Information Centre confirmed in a Monday report.
The number of the Israeli occupation’s crimes against the Palestinians in the occupied city has increased sharply in 2022, the Centre said, adding that 1,299 violations were carried out in April alone, including the deliberate killing of six Palestinians in Jerusalem and the wounding of 1,114 others, including women and children.
During the period January 1 to August 3, 2022, the Centre noted that 34,117 colonial Israeli settlers broke into Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque, compared with 28,013 during the same period last year.
At the same time, the Israeli occupation issued 89 banning orders against Palestinians as well as employees at Jerusalem’s Waqf (Endowment) Department.
The Israeli occupation arrested 1,455 Palestinians in the occupied city during the reported period, demolished 71 homes and issued demolition orders against dozens of others.
Jenin (QNN)- Israeli occupation forces shot and killed two Palestinian youths during the early morning hours of Wednesday at the Al-Jalama checkpoint, in the north of the West Bank city of Jenin.
The Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed that Ahmad Abed, 23, and Abdelrahman Abed, 22, from the town of Kafr Dan, were shot and killed by Israeli occupation soldiers in an exchange of gunfire at the Al-Jalama checkpoint, during the pre-dawn hours of Wednesday.
Local reports said Ahmad was an officer in the Palestinian Authority security services.
The Israeli occupation forces claimed that soldiers operating surveillance cameras spotted “two suspects,” near the Palestinian village of Jalamah. The forces then started arrest procedures.
At that point “the suspects opened fire at the soldiers,” the occupation claimed in a statement, adding the soldiers “took cover and shot at the suspects, neutralizing them.”
The Israeli occupation also confirmed the death of an Israeli officer during the exchange several hours after the incident, according to Israeli media reports.
Since the start of 2022, Israeli occupation has killed 148 Palestinians, including 97 in the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem and 51 in the besieged Gaza Strip, according to the Palestinian Helath Ministry.
Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Israeli occupation has arrested over 135,000 Palestinians, including 20,000 children and 2500 girls and women, since signing the Oslo accords in 1993, the Palestinian Commission of Detainees and ex-Detainees Affairs said in a statement on Tuesday.
On the 29th anniversary of the so-called Oslo accords, signed on September 13, 1993 between the Israeli occupation and the Palestinian Liberation Organization, the Commission of Detainees said the Israeli occupation continues its policy of arrest against the Palestinians, as it has been documented more than 135,000 arrest operations of Palestinians since signing the Oslo accrods, including 20,000 children and 2500 girls and women.
The Israeli occupation arrest operations also targeted journalists, workers at human rights groups and civil society organizations and even members of the Palestinian parliament.
The Commission noted that there are currently 4650 Palestinian detainees held in about 23 Israeli prisons, including 180 minors, 32 women and 743 detainees held in administrative detention without charge or trial, adding that there around 600 sick detainees that need medical attention, including 23 suffering from various degrees of cancer.
On Wednesday, Israeli soldiers invaded Rojeeb village, east of the northern West Bank city of Nablus, demolished two agricultural sheds, and uprooted olive trees. The army also abducted a Palestinian in Jerusalem.
Ghassan Daghlas, a Palestinian official who monitors Israel’s illegal colonialist activities in the northern West Bank, said several army jeeps and a military bulldozer invaded an olive orchard southeast of the village and demolished two agricultural sheds.
He added that the soldiers also uprooted more than twenty olive trees from orchards that Hilal Rawajba and Wahib Abu Aisha owned.
In related news, the soldiers abducted Mo’taz Rajabi from the Batn al-Hawa neighborhood in Silwan, in occupied Jerusalem.
Mo’taz is a former political prisoner whom Israel imprisoned for ten months before he was released on April 11, 2022.
On Wednesday at dawn, Israeli soldiers abducted at least thirteen Palestinians, including four siblings, from several parts of the occupied West Bank.
In Nablus, in the northern West Bank, the soldiers invaded and ransacked many homes and abducted Abdul-Rahman Hmeidi Hussein and Fares Ahmad Rashdan from Einabus village, Bilal Hashem Mahmoud Madina, in addition to four siblings, Ahmad, Mahmoud, Mohammad, and Omar Moayyad Ghazi, from Jama’in.
In Ramallah, in the central West Bank, the soldiers abducted Yousef Omar Dar Yousef, 22, Ahmad Ibrahim Fkheitha, 24, from the al-Janiya village, Mahmoud Essam al-Jo’eidi, 25, and Ahmad Taiseer Abdul-Khaleq from Silwan.
In the southern part of the West Bank, the soldiers abducted Sharif Ahmad al-Jamal from his home in Hebron.
In occupied Jerusalem, the soldiers invaded the al-Isawiya town and abducted Daoud Mousa Dirbas from his home in the Obeid neighborhood. The abducted man is a guard at the Al-Isawiya Secondary School in the town.
Two Palestinian and one Israeli soldier were killed during an exchange of gunfire near the village of Jalama, north of Jenin, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.
The two Palestinians have been identified as Ahmad Ayman Ibrahim ‘Aabed, 23, and Abdul-Rahman Hani Sobhi ‘Aabed, 22, from Kafr Dan town, northwest of Jenin.
Palestine TV said Ahmad, a graduate of the Istiqlal University, worked with the Palestinian Military Intelligence service.
Israeli sources said the slain soldiers have been identified as deputy commander of the Nahal Reconnaissance Battalion Maj. Bar Pelach.
According to Israeli sources, the two Palestinians were seen approaching the Israeli Annexation Wall near the village, and Israeli soldiers began to drive up near them.
The Israeli media reported that the Palestinians began shooting at the soldiers, who returned fire, resulting in the two Palestinians being killed and one Israeli soldier.
The army phoned their families, ordering them to come to the roadblock to identify their corpses, but refused to release them to their families.
The army also closed the roadblock and said it would remain blockaded until Friday.
Abdul-Rahman’s father said a senior army officer ordered him to head to the roadblock and detained him for about an hour before showing him mobile phone pictures of his slain son and Ahmad after they were shot dead.
The al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the armed wing of the Fateh party, claimed responsibility for the attack.
Palestinian factions in Jenin declared a general strike to mourn the slain Palestinians.
Amjad Abu Farha, the head of Al-Jalama Village Council, said several army jeeps and bulldozers invaded the village and demolished a cement wall where the two young men were killed. The demolished wall is on land owned by Morad Saleh Abu Farha.
A spokesperson for the Hamas party, Hazem Qasem, reportedly said, “As of today, the heroes of Jenin ignore all the empty threats of the occupation against the cities of the West Bank and do not pay attention to the Israeli attempts to intimidate the resistance.
“The martyrs of Jenin this morning are fueling another revolution and escalation of the struggle against the occupation and their blood is the tax of triumph and liberation. This revolution will continue to escalate across all West Bank cities in defense of the al-Aqsa Mosque, in response to the occupation’s crimes, and on the path to liberation of the land, the people, and the martyrs.”
Following the fatal shooting, the Israeli cabinet convened a special session to discuss the “increasing number of Palestinian attacks’” this month.
The killing of the two young brings the number of slain Palestinians, killed by the Israeli occupation army this month to ten, in addition to one a political prisoner who died at an Israeli medical center.
On September 11, a young Palestinian man, Hamad Mustafa Abu Jilda, 24, from Jenin refugee camp, died from serious wounds he suffered on September 6, after dozens of military vehicles invaded Jenin city and Jenin refugee camp.
On September 8, Haitham Hani Mubarak, 16, was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers near the main entrance of Beitin village, northeast of Ramallah, in the central West Bank.
On September 7, the soldiers killed Younis Ghassan Tayeh, 21, in the al-Far’a refugee camp, south of Tubas, in the northeastern part of the occupied West Bank.
On September 6, the soldiers killed Mohammad Mousa Saba’na, 29, and injured at least nine Palestinians in the northern West Bank city of Jenin.
On September 5, the soldiers invaded Jenin city and Qabatia town, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank, killed a young man, Taher Mohmmad Zakarna, 19, injured another, and abducted five.
On September 2, the soldiers killed Fadi Mohammad Fayez Ghattas, 19, after an alleged stabbing attack targeting soldiers, near Beit Einoun village junction, northeast of Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.
On September 1, the soldiers killed Yazan Naim Affana, 24, after shooting him with live fire while the army withdrew from Um ash-Sharayet neighborhood in Al-Biereh city after the army invaded the Al-Biereh city in the Ramallah and Al-Biereh governorate, in the central part of the occupied West Bank.
On the same day, the soldiers killed Mahmoud Suleiman Khaled, 25, in front of the main entrance of Balata refugee camp, east of Nablus, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.
On September 3, Mousa Haroun Abu Mahameed, 40, a Palestinian political prisoner held by Israel, died at an Israeli medical center.
On Tuesday evening, Israel released the imprisoned Palestinian journalist, Lama Ghosha, after imposing restrictions on her, including house arrest and barring her from Social Media outlets.
Ghosha will still have to go to a court hearing scheduled for this coming Sunday, September 18, and has to remain confined to her home for ten days, in addition to being barred from social media, until a final ruling is made.
Her conditional release came after her lawyer appealed a decision remanding her until the next court hearing.
Her lawyer, Nasser Odah, said the court decided to release her to house arrest on the condition of not using social media outlets and a bail of $15,000.
The journalist was taken prisoner on September 4 after many soldiers stormed and ransacked her home in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem and confiscated her phone and computer.
Lama is a married mother of two children and is studying to obtain her Master’s Degree in journalism at Birzeit University near the central West Bank city of Ramallah.