On Monday, Israeli soldiers handed orders for the demolition of two Palestinian homes in the Masafer Yatta area, south of Hebron, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.
Fuad al-‘Amour, the Protection and Steadfastness Committees coordinator in southern Hebron, said the soldiers invaded the Um Qassa Bedouin community in Masafer Yatta and handed a demolition order.
He said the order is for demolishing a 140 square/meter home owned by Najeh Ka’abna.
The army also invaded the Khashm ad-Daraj area and handed an order for the demolition of an eighty square/meter home owned by Mohammad Ibrahim al-Atimeen.
The Israeli army claims the homes, in Area C of the West Bank, were built without permits from the so-called “Civil Administration Office,” the administrative branch of its illegal occupation.
It is worth mentioning that the army is planning to demolish and displace twelve Bedouin communities in Masafer Yatta, which would lead to the displacement of at least one thousand Palestinians after the Israeli High Court approved the demolition earlier this month.
The demolitions are part of the ongoing Israeli policies of building and expanding its illegal colonies in the occupied West Bank after displacing and removing the indigenous Palestinians.
All of Israel’s colonies in the occupied West Bank, including those in and around occupied East Jerusalem, are illegal under International Law, the Fourth Geneva Convention in addition to various United Nations and Security Council resolutions. They also constitute war crimes under International Law.
Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention states: “The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.” It also prohibits the “individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory”.
(Source / 30.05.2022)