Israeli forces injure 23 Palestinian protesters in Nablus, says Red Crescent

A Palestinian elderly man got injured by the Israeli occupation forces during an anti-colonization march in the village of Beita in the occupied West Bank, on Mar. 4, 2022

Nablus (QNN)- 23 Palestinian protesters have been injured by Israeli occupation forces on Friday in Beita and Beit Dajan villages in Nablus in the occupied West Bank while participating in the weekly anti-occupation protests.

The Palestinian Red Crescent said 23 Palestinians have been injured by the Israeli occupation forces during the peaceful protests against Israel’s occupation in Beita and Beit Dajan villages.

The forces attacked the peaceful protesters by intensively firing rubber-coated metal bullets, sound bombs, and live ammunition to disperse them.

Among the injuries are 8 with rubber-coated metal bullets, including an elderly man.

Watch | Israeli occupation forces attack Palestinian protesters taking part in the weekly anti-colonization march in the village of Beit Dajan, north of the occupied West Bank, today. pic.twitter.com/wsAxM4HDvt

— Quds News Network (@QudsNen) March 4, 2022

Beit Dajan and Beita villages are the site of weekly protests against the Israeli occupation and settlement expansion, which are often suppressed by Israeli forces.

While Beit Dajan village lands spread across approximately 6,650 acres, according to the Applied Research Institute – Jerusalem, large swathes of territory east of the village have been confiscated by the occupation state, labelled military zones and turned into the site for military bases and settlements, which are illegal under international law.

A large part of the village lands were seized for the construction of Al-Hamra and Mekhora (Mehola) illegal settlements, east and southeast of the village, in 1971 and 1973.

Regarding Beita, in May 2021, a group of Israeli settlers set up caravans on Jabal Sabih, which lies on the southern outskirts of Beita, and comprises an estimated 30 percent of Beita’s entire land area, with the help of Israeli forces, who have since prevented any Palestinian access to the area.

Within days, settlers installed mobile houses, built roads and raised an Israeli flag over the settlement of Evyatar in Beita.

Later, the occupation authorities evacuated dozens of Israeli settlers from the illegal settlement after a deal was reached between a settler leader and the occupation’s new government.

Yossi Dagan, head of settler organization the Shomron Regional Council, struck a deal with Israel’s War minister, Benny Gantz, and interior minister Ayelet Shaked, turning the illegal outpost into a religious school and a military base for the Israeli forces.

‘Israel’ will keep about 50 caravan houses settlers, installed last May on Palestinian lands, while settlers would “return” to the land when Israeli occupation authorities designate it as “state-owned.”

The livelihoods of at least 17 Palestinian families – more than 100 people – are threatened as they depend on harvesting their olives on land they have owned for generations.

Since then, Beita has witnessed several protests and night-confusion activities against the new settler outpost of Evyatar on Jabal Sabih. Palestinians worshippers also perform the Friday prayer near the village as a sign of protest.

However, although the protests have been peaceful, Israeli forces have suppressed, detained, and assaulted the protesters, resulting in injuring hundreds and killing others as they have fired rubber-coated metal bullets, tear gas canisters, and live ammunition directly and intensively towards the protesters.

9 Palestinians were killed by the Israeli forces during the peaceful protests: Issa Barham, Tariq Sanbar, Ahmed Bani Shams, Shadi Shurafa, Emad Dweikat, Mohammed Hamayel, Zakaria Hamayel, Mohamed al-Kabisa and Jameel Abu Ayyash, who was shot dead last Friday.

12 August 2021, marked the 100th day of protests and resistance against Israeli occupation and settlement expansion in Beita.

In addition to Jabal Sabih, Israeli forces erected another colonial settlement outpost atop Jabal Al-Arma, north of Beita, a few months ago.

Both of the mountains enjoy a strategic location as they overlook the Jordan Valley, a fertile strip of land running west along the Jordan River which makes up approximately 30% of the occupied West Bank.

Lately, Israel’s outgoing Attorney General Avichai Mendelblit authorized the establishment of a settlement on the site of the cleared-out illegal West Bank outpost of Evyatar, just days before the end of his tenure.

In a legal opinion, Mendelblit determines that declaring Evyatar as state-owned can proceed.

The move still requires the final approval of War Minister Benny Gantz.

(Source / 04.03.2022)

Israeli Army Abducts Five Palestinians In Jenin

On Friday at dawn, Israeli soldiers invaded Qabatia and Burqin towns, south and west of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, searched homes, and abducted five Palestinians, including two former political prisoners.

Montaser Samour, the head of the Jenin office of the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS), said the soldiers abducted two former political prisoners, Mohammad Kamil and Mohammad Nazzal, in addition to Amir Nazzal, from their homes in Qabatia.

Sammour added that the soldiers abducted Saif Atallah Sabah and Qoteiba Mohammad Atiq from their homes in Burqin.

The soldiers also detained Tareq Sobeh and interrogated him for several hours before releasing him.

Media sources in Jenin said Palestinian fighters exchanged fire with the soldiers during the invasion in Qabatia.

In Hebron, in the southern part of the West Bank, the soldiers invaded several areas in the city before storming and ransacking homes, causing damage.

Owners of three of the invaded homes have been identified as Luay al-Jamal, Eyad al-Jamal, and Abdul-Rahman al-Jamal.

(Source / 04.03.2022)

Soldiers Injure 80 Palestinians, Cause Damage To Ambulance, Near Nablus

On Friday, Israeli soldiers injured more than eighty Palestinians, including two medics, and caused damage to an ambulance during the weekly processions on Sbeih Mountain in Beita town, in addition to Beit Dajan, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said the soldiers shot twenty Palestinians with rubber-coated steel bullets and caused fifteen to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation, in Beita.

The PRCS added that the medics provided the needed treatment to the wounded before moving three to a medical center.

The soldiers also fired rubber-coated steel bullets at one of its ambulances, smashing its rear window and injuring a medic in the shoulder and the arm.

In addition, the soldiers shot six Palestinians in Sbeih Mountain, in Beita, including a man in his sixties who was shot in the leg. At least thirty-six Palestinians suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation.

The Palestinians have been holding ongoing processions on their lands in Sbeih Mountain since May of last year after a group of illegal Israeli colonizers installed an outpost atop the mountain. During these protests, the soldiers injured thousands of Palestinians and killed several others, including children.

The Mountain, owned by the Palestinians, has significant strategic importance, especially since if it is occupied by the colonizers the colony would lead to the annexation of 20 Dunams of Palestinian lands, and would also lead to the isolation of a large area of Palestinian lands.

(Source / 04.03.2022)

Army Injures Many Palestinians In Kufur Qaddoum

On Friday, Israeli soldiers attacked the weekly procession in Kufur Qaddoum town, east of the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia, injured two with rubber-coated steel bullets, and caused dozens to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.

Morad Eshteiwi, the media spokesperson on Qalqilia, said several army jeeps invaded Kufur Qaddoum just as the Palestinians started gathering before the procession and fired many live rounds at them.

He added that several young men burnt tires and hurled stones at the invading soldiers who fired more live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets, and gas bombs.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said the soldiers shot two young men with rubber-coated steel bullets and caused dozens to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.

The procession in Kufur Qaddoum started in front of Omar Bin al-Khattab Mosque, and was attended by dozens of Palestinians, who chanted against the ongoing Israeli occupation and escalation, and for the release of the Palestinian detainees in Israeli prisons, detention camps, and interrogation facilities.

This week’s procession also comes in support of the Palestinians in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, in the occupied capital, Jerusalem, facing serious Israeli violations and escalation by the soldiers and the illegal colonialist settlers, including the constant attempt to displace them.

The Palestinians have been holding weekly processions for the last eighteen years, demanding the army to reopen the village’s main road the soldiers blockaded to allow easy access to the illegal colonizers, driving to and from Kedumim illegal colony, built on stolen Palestinian lands.

(Source / 04.03.2022)

NGO: ‘Israel’ Committed 85 Violations Against Palestinian Journalists in February

Occupied Palestine, March 4, 2022 (Quds News Network) – 85 Israeli violations were recorded against Palestinian media and journalists in February 2022.

In a new report, the Journalists’ Support Committee, a journalists’ rights group documenting media violations across the occupied Palestinian territories, said the Israeli violations, last month, varied from arrests, intimidation, shooting, physical assault to using journalists as human shields among other forms of harassment.

According to the group, 2 Palestinian journalists were arrested by Israeli occupation forces in February in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin.

The journalists’ rights group noted that 28 Palestinian journalists were injured, in February, in attacks by Israeli forces and settlers while covering demolitions of Palestinian houses in occupied East Jerusalem’s Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood. The attacks included beating and shooting with rubber-coated metal bullets and tear gas canisters.

It documented six cases when journalists were used as human shields by Israeli forces during confrontations with Palestinian protesters.

Israeli occupation forces, in collaboration with colonial settlers, disrupted the work of Palestinian journalists more than 34 times in February,” it added.

According to the NGO, social media accounts of seven Palestinian journalists were suspended for alleged violations of publication rules.

Such Israeli violations aim to “obliterate the reality of its crimes and terrorism against the Palestinians,” the NGO noted.

According to the group, Israeli forces raided the house of two journalists and threatened 6 journalists by shooting at them and destroying one of the 6 journalists’ cameras.”

By the end of February, the journalists’ rights group said that 17 Palestinian journalists and media workers are held in Israeli prisons.

‘Israel’ violently represses journalists documenting its crimes against Palestinians – chiefly targeting Palestinian reporters but not exclusively – because narrative control is a crucial component of political control.

46 Israeli violations were recorded against Palestinian journalists in January 2022, the groups said.

Between the year 2000 and September 2018, ‘Israel’ killed 43 journalists in the West Bank and Gaza according to the Palestinian Center for Development and Media Freedom, MADA.

(Source / 04.03.2022)

Settler Shoots Four Palestinians, Including Three Children in Hebron

An armed illegal Israeli settler shot and injured, on Friday, four Palestinian civilians, one seriously, in the southern occupied West Bank city of Hebron, the Palestinian News & Information Agency (WAFA) reported.

According to witnesses, the illegal colonist opened fire with live rounds towards Palestinians on Shuhada Street in the center of Hebron, injuring four, including three children.

They added that the Palestinian youths were wounded when they were in the vicinity of the illegal Beit Romano colony, when the settler opened fire at them, injuring four, one of whom was deemed serious.

A 13-year-old, identified as Mohammad Iyad Jaabari was seriously wounded after being shot with a live round in the abdomen, he was transferred to hospital and admitted for emergency surgery.

Additionally two of the civilians sustained live bullet wounds in the thigh, while the final injury sustained a bullet wound to the hand.

(Source / 04.03.2022)