Grieving crowd takes part in funeral of Palestinian child shot and killed by Israeli forces

 Family members and Palestinian citizens take part in funeral procession of 14-year-old Palestinian Mohammad Shehadeh who was shot and killed by Israeli occupation soldiers on Feb. 22, 2022, in the al-Khader town, West of Bethlehem city on Feb. 23

Bethlehem (QNN)- Hundreds of Palestinian mourners participated on Wednesday in funeral procession of 14-year-old Palestinian Mohammad Shehadeh who was shot and killed by Israeli occupation soldiers, last night, in the al-Khader town, West of Bethlehem city.

Hundreds of grieving citizens along with family members participated in the funeral procession of the Palestinian child, later on Wednesday.

Scenes of the funeral procession the Palestinian child Mohammed Shehada, 14-year-old, who was shot dead by Israeli gunfire in the town of Al-Khader, south of Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.

Image
Image
Image

Shehadeh was shot and critically injured during confrontations last night between local residents and Israeli occupation soldiers who raided the town of al-Khader and opened gunfire at the Palestinians, injuring Shehadeh.

The occupation soldiers also prevented Palestinian ambulances from reaching him, leaving him to bleeding to death before detaining him.

Video footage of the incident shows Shehadeh lying on the ground with Israeli soldiers surrounding him.

Israeli occupation forces detained a Palestinian child after injuring him during confrontations in the town of Al-Khader, south of Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.

Image

Hours later, the Palestinian Health Ministry announced that Shehadeh ‏succumbed to his injuries.

Moreover, video footage shared online appears to document a previous phone call in which an Israeli intelligence officer had threatened to ‘assassinate’ Shehadeh.

Shehadeh’s killing comes only a few days after another teen, 19-year-old Nihad Barghouti from Kafr Ein village, was killed and shot by Israeli forces in the West Bank town of Nabi Saleh.

Israeli forces have killed thousands of Palestinians in the Occupied Territories over the years, and several international human rights groups say Israeli forces have used excessive force in attacking and subduing Palestinians.

“This policy [opening fire] reflects deep disregard for Palestinian lives and property and enables the continued use of lethal force, crucial to enabling Israel to retain its violent control over millions of Palestinians,” said Israeli human rights group, B’Tselem.

B’Tselem said it had recorded 77 Palestinian deaths at the hands of Israeli forces in the West Bank last year. More than half of those killed were not implicated in any attacks, it noted.

(Source / 24.02.2022)

Geef een antwoord

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd.