Israel’s Ehud Barak feels ‘no guilt’ over killing of Palestinians during start of Second Intifada

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Former Israeli occupation prime minister, Ehud Barak, has said he feels no guilt over the killing of Palestinian citizens of 1948-Israeli occupied Palestine during the start of the Second Intifada in 2000.

In an interview with Israel’s Yedioth Ahronoth on Friday, Barak said the situation in 2000 was akin to a “zoo” while “riots took place throughout Judea and Samaria,” using the name many Israeli settlers give to the occupied West Bank.

“As far as the Arab citizens of Israel who were killed, I have no guilt,” he added.

Barak, who was Israel’s prime minister between 1999 and 2001 and also defence minister under former prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu from 2007 to 2013, previously apologised in 2019 for the killing of the Palestinian citizens of 1948-occupied Palestine under his premiership in 2000.

The second intifada, commonly referred to by Palestinians as al-Aqsa Intifada, erupted in September 2000, after then-Israeli opposition leader Ariel Sharon stormed the Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Jerusalem with heavily armed Israeli forces. It ended in 2005, leaving more than 3,000 Palestinians dead.

Protests broke out in October 2000 among Palestinians across 1948-Israeli occupied Palestine against Israeli occupation police brutality and in solidarity with Palestinians facing violence in occupied Jerusalem and the besieged Gaza Strip.

The occupation police shot dead 13 unarmed Palestinians in the wake of the demonstrations, which are usually referred to as “riots” by Israeli media.

Barak told Yedioth Ahronoth that the Palestinians were “the elephant in the room” in Israeli politics.

“This government is not ripe for a political process, nor are the Palestinians. But Israel cannot be at the same time Jewish, democratic, and dominant in Judea and Samaria,” he told the newspaper.

“Israel must recognise the two-state idea because we are deteriorating toward a country with a Muslim majority, and this is the central threat to Israel.”

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Video| Israeli soldiers release military dog on 19-year-old Palestinian to maul him

Israeli soldiers walk with a military dog next to an Israeli checkpoint near the West Bank town of Bethlehem

Ramallah (QNN)- Israeli occupation soldiers unleashed a military dog on a Palestinian youth to maul him during a violent overnight arrest, a newly-released footage revealed.

The video footage was made public last week and reportedly took place on Monday night in the occupied West Bank city of al-Bireh.

It showed an Israeli military dog mauling the 19-year-old Malik Maala after the occupation soldiers unleashed it on him.

Maala was holding his hands behind his head, as a sign of not resisting, while awaiting arrest by the Israeli soldiers at his workplace.

When the youth was preparing to be handcuffed, the military dog was released by Israeli soldiers standing nearby.

Moments after he was attacked by the dog, the occupation soldiers approached him, detained him and took him to an undisclosed location, the video showed.

In a statement, the Palestinian Commission of Detainees and Ex-detainees Affairs accused Israeli occupation forces of deliberately letting the dog maul the young Palestinian, although he was not resisting arrest.

“The occupation army deliberately let a police dog maul the young man, Malik Maala, and terrify him,” the commission said.

It noted that the incident took place on 14 February, when Israeli forces arrested the 19-year-old in Umm Al-Sharait neighbourhood in the city of Al-Bireh in the occupied West Bank.

The Commission said the arrest took place when Israeli forces raided an industrial facility where the youth works as a guard.

Qadri Abu Bakr, the Commission’s head, condemned the “repeated barbaric and criminal attacks against the Palestinian people while being arrested and taken away by occupation forces.”

He accused the Israeli forces of “deliberately using excessive force and severe abuse” when conducting arrest operations in various Palestinian cities, estimating that 99 per cent of those detained as being “subjected to one or more forms of torture, repression, and physical and psychological abuse.”

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Israeli occupation extends Palestinian teen’s detention without charge or trial

Mohammad Mansour has been detained by Israeli occupation authorities without charge since April 9, 2021

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Israeli occupation authorities this week renewed the administrative detention of a Palestinian teenager for an additional four-month period adding to more than 300 days of imprisonment without charge or trial.

On Feb. 13, an Israeli military court judge approved a four-month administrative detention order that was issued by Israeli military officials against 18-year-old Mohammad Ghassan Ahmad Mansour, according to information gathered by Defense for Children International – Palestine.

This latest order is set to expire on June 6, 2022, and is the third consecutive administrative detention order issued by Israeli authorities against Mansour.

Mansour is currently detained in Israel’s Megiddo prison in the north of the occupied West Bank.

“Israeli authorities must file charges against Palestinian children or release them,” said Ayed Abu Eqtaish, accountability program director at DCIP.

“Administrative detention must never be used to detain children and amounts to a clear violation of fundamental due process rights. Israeli authorities must immediately end the arbitrary detention of Palestinian administrative detainees,” he added.

Israeli forces detained Mansour, then 17, during a night raid on his home in Jenin in the northern occupied West Bank on April 9, 2021.

He was detained for 15 days at Israel’s Huwwara detention center in the northern occupied West Bank in conditions that Mohammad and other children have described as inhumane, based on documentation collected by DCIP.

An Israeli judge at Israel’s Ofer military court approved a six-month administrative detention order against Mansour on April 25, 2021.

A second administrative detention order was approved on October 7, 2021, for an additional four-month period. That second order expired on February 7, 2022, according to documentation gathered by DCIP.

Israeli occupation authorities currently hold at least two other Palestinian teenagers pursuant to administrative detention orders, which amounts to arbitrary detention, according to documentation collected by DCIP.

However, since October 2015, DCIP has documented a total of 41 Palestinian children held by Israeli occupation authorities pursuant to administrative detention orders.

Administrative detention is a form of imprisonment without charge or trial regularly used by Israeli occupation authorities to detain Palestinians, including children. Palestinian children held under administrative detention orders are not presented with charges, and their detention is based on secret evidence that is neither disclosed to the child nor their attorney, preventing them from preparing a legal challenge to the detention and its alleged basis.

Administrative detention orders are issued by the Israeli military commander of the area, or a military officer delegated by the military commander, and can last up to six months, but there is no limit to the number of times an administrative detention order can be renewed.

The orders are approved by military court judges giving the illusion of independent legal oversight, yet Israeli military courts fail to meet international standards for independence and impartiality because military court judges are active duty or reserve officers in the Israeli military.

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Israeli Soldiers Abduct Two Palestinians, Injure a Journalist, In Jerusalem

On Friday night, Israeli soldiers abducted two young Palestinian men after illegal Israeli colonizers assaulted them and injured a journalist.

Media sources said the colonizers gathered in the al-Wad Street, in the Old City, before harassing and assaulting a few Palestinians.

They added that Israeli soldiers then assaulted many Palestinians, including journalists, including a reporter who suffered injuries to the head after the soldiers attacked him to batons.

The soldiers abducted two young men and took them to a nearby interrogation facility; the army did not detain any colonizers who attacked the Palestinians.

On Friday afternoon, the soldiers detained many Palestinians near the Sahera Gate, one of the historic gates leading to the Old City, the Wadi Hilweh Information Center In Silwan (Silwanic) has reported.

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Army Abducts Two Palestinians, Including a Child, In Jenin And Tubas

On Friday evening, Israeli soldiers abducted two Palestinians, including one child, near Jenin and Tubas, in the northern and northeastern West Bank.

Montaser Sammour, the head of the Jenin office of the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS), said the soldiers abducted Marwan Mohammad Yahia, 15.

He added that the child was on Palestinian lands near the illegal Annexation Wall when the soldiers invaded the area and abducted him.

The invasion led to protests before the soldiers fired many gas bombs and concussion grenades.

In Tubas, the soldiers abducted a child, identified as Mithqal Abu Motawe’, after the army invaded his family’s home in the city.

In related news, the soldiers invaded several neighborhoods in the southern West Bank city of Hebron and searched the home of Mohammad Jamal Natsha, causing damage.

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Israeli Soldiers Injure Many Palestinians In Bethlehem

On Friday evening, Israeli soldiers injured many Palestinians, including a young man in Bethlehem, south of Jerusalem, in the occupied West Bank.

Media sources said the soldiers attacked protesters near the northern entrance of Bethlehem city and fired many rubber-coated steel bullets and gas bombs at them.

They added that several Palestinians suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation before receiving the needed treatment by the medics.

One of the wounded was shot with a rubber-coated steel bullet in the leg and was moved to a hospital in Bethlehem for further treatment.

Protests also took place in the western area of the Al-Khader town, especially near Palestinian lands that were illegally confiscated when Israel built the Annexation Wall.

The soldiers fired many rubber-coated steel bullets and gas bombs at the protesters.

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Child Injured After Being Rammed By A Colonizer’s Car Near Qalqilia

On Friday evening, a Palestinian child was injured after being rammed by a speeding car of an illegal Israeli colonizer near Qalqilia, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

Saher Eid, the Mayor of Jinsafut village, east of Qalqilia, said the child was identified as Othman Abdullah Sabra, 12.

He added that the colonizer rammed the child near Qana Valley junction, east of Qalqilia, before Israeli medics were called to the scene and moved him to a hospital.

It is worth mentioning that many Palestinians have been killed, and many injured, in similar incidents.

On January 6, 2022, a young man, Mustafa Yassin Falna, 25, from Safa village, west of Ramallah, was killed in the central part of the occupied West Bank after being rammed by an Israeli vehicle while heading to his work in Jerusalem.

The incident occurred approximately at six in the morning on Road #443 near Maccabim roadblock, west of Jerusalem.

After his death, The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates said in a statement that “This situation confirms not only the racism of the occupying state in dealing with the Palestinians but also the absolute disregard for their lives as if they have no value.”

It added, “We consider such incidents, which have become a phenomenon that is repeatedly occurring without any real investigation of follow-up by the occupation police or the army, as crimes, whether intentional and deliberate or by negligence and indifference shown by the occupying police, even if they are ordinary traffic accidents involving a Palestinian.”

On December 24, 2021, a Palestinian woman, Ghadir Anis Masalma, 63, was killed by an Israeli colonialist settler who rammed her with his car and fled the scene near the entrance of the town of Sinjil, northeast of Ramallah in the central occupied West Bank.

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Update: Israeli Soldiers Injure Many Palestinians, Including A Child, In Kufur Qaddoum

On Friday, Israeli soldiers injured many Palestinians, including a child, during the weekly procession in Kufur Qaddoum town, east of Qalqilia, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

Salim Eshteiwi

Update: The Popular Committee in Kufur Qaddoum said Salim Eshteiwi, who was injured in the shoulder and the knee during the weekly procession, was hospitalized awaiting surgery.

The Committee said Salim was shot with a rubber-coated steel bullet in the shoulder and fell to his knees during the weekly procession.

Morad Eshteiwi, the media spokesperson of the Popular Committee against the Annexation Wall and Colonies in Qalqilia, said the Palestinians marched from the center of the town while chanting against the escalating Israeli violations.

He added that the soldiers fired many live rounds at the protesters, wounding a child, only twelve years of age, in the thigh.

The soldiers also chased a young man, causing him to fall and suffer moderate wounds. The young man and the child have been transferred to a hospital in Qalqilia.

Dozens of Palestinians suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation and received the needed treatment by the medics.

In 2003, the Israeli occupation authorities closed the town’s main road to local Palestinians and granted full access to the colonial settlers, especially those living in the illegal Kedumim colony, built on confiscated Palestinian lands.

Local Palestinians have gathered every Friday and Saturday for several years in rejection of the closed road, and demand its re-opening, triggering a violent response from the occupation army.

First Published on: Feb 18, 2022, at 15:01

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Army Abducts Four Palestinians In Qalqilia And Hebron

On Saturday at dawn, Israeli soldiers abducted four Palestinians from Qalqilia and Hebron in the northern and southern parts of the occupied West Bank.

Media sources said the soldiers abducted Omar Sa’ed Mara’ba, 40, from Qalqilia city, after stopping him in the courtyards of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, in occupied Jerusalem.

They added that the soldiers also abducted two young men, Ali Moayyad Shreim and Jibril Tayyim, in their twenties, after stopping them at a military roadblock at one of the main entrances of Qalqilia city, in the northern part of the West Bank.

In Hebron, in the southern part of the West Bank, the soldiers invaded and ransacked a home in the Sammoa’ town, south of the city, and abducted Nidal Issa Hawamda, 27.

The soldiers also invaded Ya’bad town, southwest of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, before storming and ransacking homes.

On Saturday morning, the soldiers detained a young man in Bab al-Qattanin gate area in occupied Jerusalem.

(Source / 19.02.2022)

Israeli Soldiers Invade Ya’bad Town, Search Homes

Several Israeli army jeeps invaded, on Saturday at dawn, the town of Ya’bad, southwest of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, before the soldiers stormed and ransacked several homes, leading to protests.

Local sources said the soldiers conducted violent searches of a few homes and interrogated the families.

Two owners of the invaded homes have been identified as Abdullah Salim Abu Shamla and Taher Jawad Badarna.

The invasion led to protests in the town before the soldiers fired many rubber-coated steel bullets and concussion grenades.

On Saturday at dawn, Israeli soldiers abducted four Palestinians from Qalqilia and Hebron in the northern and southern parts of the occupied West Bank.

(Source / 19.02.2022)