Israeli Court Denies Appeal For Rebuilding Demolished Salhiyya Home In Jerusalem

On Sunday, the Israeli District Court in occupied Jerusalem denied an appeal filed by the Salhiyya Palestinian family to rebuild their historic home that was demolished by the army several days ago.

Walid Abu Taha, the attorney who represents the Salhiyya family in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in Jerusalem, said Israel is trying to confiscate the land where the home once stood to build an illegal colony.

Abu Taha added that, in its ruling, the court said it is denying the appeal because the demolition has already been carried out.

|Soldiers Abduct Five Palestinians, Two Solidarity Activists, Peacefully Protesting Home Demolitions|

The lawyer also said that he intends to file an appeal with the Israeli High Court because the Salhiyya family never received a demolition order for its home, and therefore, should be allowed to return to its land and rebuild the property.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers demolished two homes owned by the Salhiyya family, including a historic home that predated Israel itself as it was built before the year 1948.

The homes were demolished on Wednesday at dawn, and the soldiers also abducted 27 Palestinians, including six members of the Salhiyya family.

The demolitions of the homes aim at creating a link between the illegal Israeli colonies in the area, including the French Hill, in addition to the current construction of colonialist units in the area.

Sheikh Jarrah remains the target of dangerously escalating Israeli policies aiming at demolishing homes and removing at least 75 Palestinian families from their homes in the neighborhood, to replace them with illegal colonialist settlers.

(Source / 24.01.2022)

Israeli To Demolish Two Schools Near Bethlehem

Israeli soldiers handed, Sunday, demolition orders targeting two Palestinian schools in Kisan and Job ath-Thieb villages, east of Bethlehem, south of occupied Jerusalem in the West Bank.

Hasan Breijiyya, the head of the Bethlehem office of the Wall & Colonization Resistance Commission, stated that the soldiers accompanied by members of the Israeli state-funded Regavim pro colonies group invaded the area, and handed the demolition orders to the two schools, for “being built without permits” from the so-called Civil Administration Office, the administrative branch of the illegal Israeli occupation.

Breijiyya added that the demolition orders target Kisan School and Tahadi 5 School, and said that the Tahadi school was previously demolished and rebuilt five times, while Kisan School received an order earlier this month, halting construction and expansion.

It is worth mentioning that the children in the two schools are also subject to frequent Israeli violations and attacks by both the soldiers and the illegal Israeli colonizers.

The so-called Regavim was established to monitor what it deems “illegal Palestinian constructions” in the occupied West Bank.

Israel’s colonies in the occupied West Bank, including those in and around occupied East Jerusalem, are illegal under International Law and the Fourth Geneva Conventions. They also constitute war crimes under International Law.

“Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention states: “The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.” It also prohibits the “individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory.

“As the occupier, Israel is therefore forbidden from using state land and natural resources for purposes other than military or security needs or for the benefit of the local population. The unlawful appropriation of property by an occupying power amount to “pillage”, which is prohibited by both the Hague Regulations and Fourth Geneva Convention and is a war crime under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and many national laws.” Amnesty Report.

(Source / 24.01.2022)

Israeli Soldiers Abduct Six Palestinians In West Bank

Israeli soldiers abducted, earlier Monday, at least six Palestinians from their homes in several parts of the occupied West Bank.

In the Ramallah governorate, in the central West Bank, the soldiers invaded Ni’lin town, west of the city, searched homes, and abducted a former political prisoner, identified as Barakat Fayez al-Khawaja.

The soldiers also invaded Kharbatha al-Misbah village, west of the Ramallah, and abducted Riyad Zohdi Darrraj from his home.

Several army jeeps also invaded Budrus village, west of Ramallah, and drive around its neighborhoods before withdrawing.

In addition, Palestinian journalist Bilal Tamimi stated that the soldiers installed a roadblock at the main road leading to Nabi Saleh village, northwest of Ramallah, causing an extended traffic jam.

In Jenin, in the northern part of the West Bank, undercover Israeli soldiers kidnapped two young men, identified as Ekrama Ahmad Kanaan and Qussai Salah Khaliliyya, from their homes.

In Hebron, in the southern part of the West Bank, the soldiers abducted Assem Elias Abu Aisha from the city, in addition, Zayed Ismael al-Awawda from the al-Borj village, south of the city, after storming their homes and ransacking them.

The soldiers also installed roadblocks in Joret Bahlas and al-Fahs areas, in the northern and southern parts of Hebron city, in addition to the main entrances of Sa’ir and Halhoul towns, northeast and north of Hebron, and the al-Fawwar refugee camp, southwest of the city, before stopping and searching dozens of cars and interrogated many Palestinians while inspecting their ID cards.

(Source / 24.01.2022)

Soldiers Invade the Ibrahimi Mosque In Hebron

Israeli soldiers and military police officers invaded, Monday, the Ibrahimi Mosque in the southern West Bank city of Hebron, as part of a training drill in and around the holy site.

Eyewitnesses said dozens of soldiers and officers invaded the mosque, its yard, and surrounding area, especially the eastern gate of the holy site.

The Palestinian Ministry of Waqf and Islamic Affairs issued a statement denouncing the desecration of the holy site and described it as a serious violation aiming at imposing full control on the holy site.

In addition, the soldiers invaded Um al-Kheir and the at-Tiwana villages, south of Hebron, after surrounding and isolating them.

The soldiers stopped and searched several cars, including the car of Mohammad Rib’ey, the head of the Tiwana Village Council, and detained him for more than 30 minutes.

The soldiers also invaded and ransacked the home of Ibrahim al-Hathalin, and threatened to abduct him because of the massive media coverage and the solidarity the family is receiving after his brother, Suleiman al-Hathalin, 75, was killed when an Israeli tow truck ran him over in the Um al-Khair.

On Monday at dawn, the soldiers abducted six Palestinians from their homes in several parts of the occupied West Bank.

(Source / 24.01.2022)

Israeli Occupation Prevents Urgent Medical Equipment Entering Gaza

DAYS OF PALESTINE – GAZA – The Ministry of Health called on all concerned parties to pressure the Israeli occupation to let diagnostic medical devices, which have been held for months, into the Gaza Strip.

The Ministry said during a press conference held at the Government Information Office headquarters this morning, on Wednesday, that the Israeli occupation continues to perpetuate its inhuman and immoral practices against patients in the Gaza Strip, by depriving them of their treatment rights by various means that increase the suffering of patients.

Patients are prevented from reaching hospitals and all medical aid and services are prevented from entry.

It added that getting in diagnostic medical devices and spare parts and getting out other devices to complete the urgent necessary maintenance for them are also prevented. These devices are used in governmental and non-governmental health sectors, such as the CT scan, fluoroscopy device, mammography device, and two X-ray devices.

The Ministry pointed out that at a time when the world is on alert to confront the new mutated Corona virus, the Israeli occupation is committing crimes by impeding the entry of several diagnostic and medical devices that help enhance the readiness of the health system in the Gaza Strip, which is on the verge of the fourth wave.

The Ministry explained that the Israeli occupation continues to prevent the entry of eight mobile x-ray machines for the second time in a year, and they are devices granted by the Kuwait Fund and delivered by the Palestinian Development Council “PECDAR”. The devices are important because they provide diagnostic services to patients in different departments, including critical departments such as care departments and children’s nurseries.

In its statement, the Ministry added that the Israeli occupation has been reluctant in introducing special devices to the oxygen generating station and kidney pumps and is preventing the repair of many medical devices in the governmental and non-governmental health sectors, which include MRIs, CT scans, regular rays, and mobile devices, as well as preventing the entry of spare parts needed to repair these necessary devices.

The Ministry explained that the occupation deliberately delays the entry of spare parts for medical devices and taking other devices outside the Gaza Strip for maintenance, such as surgical endoscopes, air treads used to stabilize complex fractures, spent ray tubes, and calibration devices for medical imaging.

The Ministry of Health renewed its call to international and humanitarian health institutions to pressure the Israeli occupation to introduce diagnostic medical devices in light of their urgency as part of the efforts to maximize preparedness to confront the Covid-19 pandemic and to renew health facilities.

The Ministry noted that it has provided all international health and humanitarian institutions, led by the World Health Organization and the International Committee of the Red Cross, with all the reports that prove that the occupation is deliberately not allowing these devices and spare parts in.

(Source / 24.01.2022)

Israeli Occupation to Allocate 3.5$ m to “Judaize” Palestinian Archaeological Sites in West Bank

DAYS OF PALESTINE – WEST BANK – The Israeli occupation government allocates 10 million shekels (3.5$ million) to “Judaize” the Palestinian archaeological sites in the occupied West Bank, in an attempt to attribute these sites to Jewish history.

The Israeli “Ministry of Jerusalem and Heritage” will allocate NIS 10 million for the preservation and restoration heritage sites in West Bank, as part of the Israeli settlement measures to attribute these sites to Judaism and falsify history.

The Judaization plan also allocates 2.5 million shekels for the financing purpose of the Israeli Occupation administrations in the West Bank which will work to Judaize these archaeological sites.

The Israeli “7th” channel claimed that: “West Bank areas include Jewish historical places that suffer from destruction and must be protected.”

The report added that among the places to be Judaized is “Sebastia” site north of Nablus, for which 5 million shekels will be allocated, in addition 25 million NIS for financing purpose of the Israeli occupation administrations, which will work to Judaize these areas in the West Bank.

(Source / 24.01.2022)

Israeli Court Refuses to Rule on Return of Family to Sheikh Jarrah Home

Members of the Israeli border police stand guard near a demolished house in the Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood of East Jerusalem January 19, 2022. The Israeli authorities responsible for the demolition this morning of the Salhia residence in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem multiple had multiple options and alternatives to the displacement of the Palestinian family, today said the Israeli organization Ir Amim

DAYS OF PALESTINE – JERUSALEM – An Israeli Court in Jerusalem rejected a petition by the Salhia family to rebuild their home demolished last week by the Israeli occupation forces of occupied Jerusalem in a bid to take over the land the house was built on.

Salhia family lawyer, Walid Abu Tayeh, said the court said it rejected the demolition on the ground that the demolition has been a fact.

He said after the rejection by the Court that he is going to petition the Israeli Occupation High Court on the ground that the demolition was illegal since the Salhia family never received a demolition order for the house and therefore the family can legally return to its land and rebuild its home.

Israeli occupation forces last week evicted Salhia family from their home in the occupied Jerusalem in a raid that has drawn international attention.

(Source / 24.01.2022)

Israeli Occupation to Demolish Two Palestinian Schools in Bethlehem

Israeli occupation forces handed, Sunday, demolition orders for two Palestinian schools in Kisan and Job Ath-Thieb villages, east of Bethlehem in the West Bank.

Hasan Brejiyya, the head of the Bethlehem office of the Wall & Colonization Resistance Commission, stated that the soldiers accompanied by members of the Israeli state-funded Regavim pro colonies group invaded the area, and handed the demolition orders to the two schools, for “being built without permits” from the so-called Civil Administration Office, the administrative branch of the illegal Israeli occupation.

It is worth mentioning that the children in the two schools are always subjected to repeated Israeli violations and abuses by both soldiers and illegal Israeli colonists.

Israel’s colonies in the occupied West Bank, including those in and around occupied Jerusalem, are illegal under International Law and the Fourth Geneva Conventions. They also constitute war crimes under International Law.

Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention states: “The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.” It also prohibits the “individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory.

“As the occupier, Israel is therefore forbidden from using state land and natural resources for purposes other than military or security needs or for the benefit of the local population. The unlawful appropriation of property by an occupying power amount to “pillage”, which is prohibited by both the Hague Regulations and Fourth Geneva Convention and is a war crime under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and many national laws.” Amnesty Report.

(Source / 24.01.2022)

Israeli Forces Detain 6 Palestinians in West Bank

DAYS OF PALESTINE – WEST BANK – Israeli occupation forces, Monday overnight, detained at least six Palestinians from various parts of the West Bank, according to Palestinian sources.

They reported that Israeli occupation forces re-arrested a former prisoner after breaking into his house in Ni‘lin town, in Ramallah city west of the central West Bank.

The soldiers detained another Palestinian after storming and ransacking his house in Kharbatha al-Misbah town.

Military vehicles raided Jaba‘ town, south of Jenin, where the troops kidnaped two Palestinians and searched several houses.

In the southern West Bank, the sources confirmed arresting 2 Palestinians from Hebron.

The Israeli army frequently carries out sweeping arrest campaigns across the occupied West Bank on the pretext of searching for “wanted” Palestinians.


According to the NGO, there are around 4,650 Palestinian detainees in Israeli jails, including at least 500 held without charge or trial under the Israeli administrative detention policy.

(Source / 24.01.2022)