Soldiers Abduct A Former Political Prisoner Near Ramallah

Israeli soldiers invaded, on Wednesday evening, the town of Betunia, west of the central West Bank city of Ramallah, leading to protests, and abducted a former political prisoner from his home.

Media sources said many army jeeps encircled the town before invading it and added that the soldiers surrounded the home of Maher al-Qadi.

They stated that the soldiers invaded the home, searched it, and abducted the former political prisoner, before taking him to an unknown destination.

The invasion led to protests before the soldiers fired a few live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets, and gas bombs; there have been no reports of injuries.

On Wednesday at dawn, the soldiers abducted at least eighteen Palestinians, and injured two, including a journalist, in several parts of the occupied West Bank.

The soldiers also killed an elderly man, identified as Omar Abul-Majid As’ad, 80, after detaining and repeatedly assaulting him in an under-construction home near Ramallah, in the central part of the occupied West Bank.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

Israel To Demolish Under Construction Mosque In Jerusalem

The Israeli authorities have decided to demolish a Palestinian under-construction mosque in the al-‘Isawiya town, in the occupied Palestinian capital, Jerusalem, in the West Bank.

The WAFA Palestinian News Agency said several army jeeps, accompanied by City Council employees, invaded the town, and posted a demolition order, in addition to notifying the caretakers of the under-construction site.

WAFA added that the order states that the mosque, about three hundred square meters, must be demolished within 15 days of receiving this order.

The City Council in occupied Jerusalem is claiming the holy site is being built without a permit.

It is worth mentioning that the first demolition order was placed on January 3rd. The Palestinians have been trying to appeal the demolition.

While Israel continues to deny the construction permits to the Palestinians in occupied Jerusalem, and several parts of Area C of the occupied West Bank, it continues its policies of the illegal construction and expansion of its colonies in direct violation of International Law, the Fourth Geneva Convention, in addition to various United Nations and Security Council resolutions.

It is worth mentioning that last year, Israel demolished 856 structures, displacing 1014 Palestinians, in the occupied West Bank, the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD) said.

ICAHD stated that the demolitions also directed affected 5615 Palestinians and added that 2586 structures were also demolished in the Negev.

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.
Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.
Kan een afbeelding zijn van buitenshuis en tekst
Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

Soldiers Shoot A Young Man In Tubas

Israeli soldiers invaded, on Thursday at dawn, Tubas city in the northeastern West Bank, leading to protests, before shooting a young man with a live round.

Media sources said several army jeeps invaded the city before the soldiers shot the young man with a live round in the arm during protests that erupted after the soldiers stormed and searched homes.

Kamal Bani Odah, the head of the Tubas office of the Palestinian Prisoners Society (PPS) said the soldiers invaded and ransacked the homes of two siblings, identified as Hatem and Samer Abu Khader, in addition to Sameh Samer Abu Khader.

In related news, the soldiers invaded the Jabal al-Mawaleh area, in the center of Bethlehem city, south of occupied Jerusalem in the West Bank, before storming and ransacking the home of a political prisoner, identified as Jawad Jawareesh, and his brother Mahmoud, in addition to Moayyad Rezeq.

The soldiers also invaded ‘Aida refugee camp, Hindaza mountain area in addition to Rafida and Rakhma, in Bethlehem governorate.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

Israeli forces violently attack, arrest Palestinians protesting against Israel’s demolition work in Al-Naqab

Israeli forces attacked hundreds of peaceful Palestinian protesters demonstrating against Israel’s demolition and bulldozing works in villages in the Al-Naqab desert

Al-Naqab (QNN) Israeli occupation forces violently attacked hundreds of peaceful Palestinian protesters while demonstrating against Israel’s demolition and bulldozing works in the Palestinian villages in the Al-Naqab desert on Thursday, before arresting a number of youths.

Hundreds of peaceful Palestinian protesters took part in a large demonstration on Thursday at 3pm local time in several villages of the Al-Naqab against Israel’s repeated demolition and bulldozing works in their lands.

Some members of the Joint List, the political coalition of parties representing Palestinian citizens of ‘Israel’ in the Knesset, were in attendance.

The Higher Follow Up Committee of Arabs in the Naqab, a local umbrella body that represents Palestinians in the area, announced yesterday a general strike in response to Israel’s demolitions.

“We took the decision to undertake proactive measures, beginning with adopting a cumulative resistance programme over a period of six months that will lead to a regional general strike and a massive demonstration outside the prime minister’s office, and the internationalisation of the issue to expose the racist practices [of Israeli authorities] before international institutions,” the committee said in a statement.

The general strike was announced in villages facing the threat of Israeli demolition including al-Atrash, al-Sawa, al-Zarnouq, al-Ruwais, Beir Haddaj and Khirbet Watan.

However, the Israeli occupation forces stormed the Palestinian villages in the Al-Naqab desert and started violently attacking and arresting the peaceful protesters who gathered to denounce the demolition work.

The Israeli forces fired tear gas canisters and sound bombs directly and intensively towards the protesters to disperse them, resulting in the suffocation of dozens of them due to gas inhalation. They also used skunk water cannons to disperse the nonviolent protesters.

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding

This all started on Sunday, when the Jewish National Fund (JNF) began several days of so-called “planting trees” on disputed land in the Al-Naqab.

For over two days, the Israeli bulldozers carried out demolitions on lands of local Bedouins used for cultivation.

During these days, the forces attacked and arrested dozens of Palestinian residents of fhe villages who protested against the demolition works. They also closed off the villages and prevented the residents from entering their lands. Thus, the Palestinian residents moved their protests to the entrance of the villages.

The Israeli demolitions in al-Naqab are part of a controversial Israeli plan, led by the JNF, to plant trees in the region.

Last month, Israeli forces attacked Palestinians in six villages: al-Mashash, al-Zarnouq, Bier al-Hamam, al-Ruwais, al-Gharaa, and Khirbet Watan, destroying crops and excavating soil.

The JNF and the Israel Land Authority (ILA) were planning to plant hundreds of trees on lands from the six Bedouin villages, which had all received demolition orders and faced the displacement of thousands of residents “in the name of developing the area.”

‘Israel’ has used the forestation projects as a tactic for land grabs and to prevent Palestinians from returning to lands from which they have been displaced.

The residents say that such policies are an attempt to pressure them into being internally displaced despite Bedouins having lived on or near these lands prior to Israel’s establishment in 1948.

There are almost 100,000 Palestinians live in 35 Bedouin villages in the Al-Naqab and are all unrecognized by the Israeli occupation government who views the Bedouin residents of these villages as illegal squatters and does not provide them with basic services or infrastructure, including electricity, water, sewage systems, roads, schools or hospitals.

The Israeli occupation government considers those Palestinian villages “unrecognised,” and therefore they are under threat of demolition.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

Grieving crowd takes part in funeral of eldery Palestinian-American died after being brutally detained by Israeli forces

Ramallah (QNN)- Hundreds of grieving Palestinian mourners participated on Thursday in the funeral procession of the 80-year-old Palestinian-American, Omar Abul-Majid As’ad, who died after being detained and brutally beaten by Israeli occupation forces during a military raid in the occupied West Bank.

Hundreds of grieving citizens along with his family members participated in the funeral procession of the elderly man.

His grandchildren were also seen bidding farewell.

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
Afbeelding

The elderly Palestinian-American man died of a heart attack on Wednesday, as the Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed in a statement, after being brutally detained and beaten by Israeli occupation forces who also blindfolded and handcuffed him during a nighttime military raid on the village of Jiljilyya, north of Ramallah in the occupied West Bank.

Local residents explained that an Israeli occupation force raided the village of Jiljilyya after midnight and started assaulting all the Palestinian passers.

As’ad was coming back home after visiting his relatives. The occupation soldiers stopped his vehicle and pulled him out of it. They blindfolded and handcuffed him before starting to drag him on the ground and brutally beating him, leaving him in an under-construction building in the village of Jiljilyya.

The residents added that at about 4:30 AM, the Israeli occupation soldiers had left the village and As’ad was later found dead by a resident walking in the village near the building.

Photographs circulating on social media showed a black plastic tie around at least one of his wrists.

As’ad had a history of cardiac and respiratory illness, according to his family, who also confirmed that he had lived in Milwaukee for decades before returning to the occupied West Bank about 10 years ago.

The United States yesterday asked ‘Israel’ for clarification after the 80-year-old US citizen died.

“We have been in touch with Mr. As’ad’s family to express our condolences about this tragedy. We’re providing all of the consular assistance to the family at this time,” US State Department spokesman Ned Price said while confirming that As’ad was an American citizen.

“We’ve also been in touch with the government of Israel to seek clarification about this incident, and as you may have seen the Israeli Defense Forces have indicated that there’s an ongoing investigation into the matter.”

“We support a thorough investigation into the circumstances of this incident,” Price added.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

US asks ‘Israel’ for clarification over killing of elderly Palestinian American in West Bank

Elderly Palestinian man Omar Abul-Majid As’ad who died after being violently detained and beaten by Israeli occupation soldiers

Washington (QNN)- The United States on Wednesday asked ‘Israel’ for clarification after an 80-year-old Palestinian-American died after being detained and brutally beaten by Israeli occupation forces during a military raid in the occupied West Bank.

Yesterday, an elderly Palestinian man, identified as Omar Abul-Majid As’ad, died after being detained and brutally beaten by Israeli occupation forces who also blindfolded and handcuffed him during a nighttime military raid on the village of Jiljilyya, north of Ramallah in the occupied West Bank.

The elderly man died of a heart attack, as the Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed in a statement.

Local residents explained that an Israeli occupation force raided the village of Jiljilyya after midnight and started assaulting all the Palestinian passers.

As’ad was violently detained and beaten by the Israeli occupation soldiers when he was coming back home after visiting his relatives.

The occupation soldiers stopped his vehicle and pulled him out of it. They blindfolded and handcuffed him before starting to drag him on the ground and brutally beating him, leaving him in an under-construction building in the village of Jiljilyya.

The residents added that at about 4:30 AM, the Israeli occupation soldiers had left the village and As’ad was later found dead by a resident walking in the village near the building.

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Photographs circulating on social media showed a black plastic tie around at least one of his wrists.

As’ad had a history of cardiac and respiratory illness, according to his family.

“I don’t understand how a man that age can be considered a danger,” As’ad’s brother told the Israeli newspaper Haaretz.

Asked for comment on the matter during the daily press briefing, US State Department spokesman Ned Price began by confirming that the elderly Palestinian man was an American citizen.

He had lived in Milwaukee for decades before returning to the occupied West Bank about 10 years ago, his family told Reuters.

“We have been in touch with Mr. As’ad’s family to express our condolences about this tragedy. We’re providing all of the consular assistance to the family at this time,” Price said.

“We’ve also been in touch with the government of Israel to seek clarification about this incident, and as you may have seen the Israeli Defense Forces have indicated that there’s an ongoing investigation into the matter.”

“We support a thorough investigation into the circumstances of this incident,” Price added.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

While allowing settlers raid, Israeli soldiers force elderly Palestinian man out of Al-Aqsa

 Israeli occupation soldiers forced an elderly Palestinian man out of Al-Aqsa Mosque in Occupied Jerusalem

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Dozens of extremist Israeli settlers have broken into the Al-Aqsa Mosque in the occupied city of Jerusalem, since the early morning hours of Thursday, under protection of occupation forces, who forced an elderly Palestinian man out of the mosque.

Over 50 extremist Israeli settlers broke into the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque during the morning break-in session, under the occupation forces protection, and their incursions to the mosque continue till this moment.

The settlers entered through the Damascus Gate- which Palestinians call Bab al-Amud Gate.

They are now provoking the Palestinian worshipers by performing Talmudic prayers in the courtyards of the holy site.

An elderly Palestinian man, however, was forced out of the mosque by the Israeli occupation soldiers because he objected to the settlers’ Talmudic prayers inside the holy site.

At least two Israeli soldiers were seen gathering around the Palestinian man and forcing him to leave the holy site, preventing him from praying.

Israeli occupation authorities have allowed settler incursions to the mosque since 2003, under the forces’ protection.

Since the start of 2021, 34,562 settlers broke into the holy site, setting a new record, as in 2020, 19,000 settlers broke into the mosque and 29,700 settlers in 2019, according to Al-Qastal, a Palestinian network hub for Palestinians in occupied Jerusalem.

There have been repeated objections and warnings by the Palestinian religious authorities as the settlers’ incursions provoke Palestinian worshippers of the mosque.

Israeli forces always facilitate and protect the settlers while preventing Palestinian worshipers from entering it, assaulting and detaining them.

The Al-Aqsa mosque is one of the holiest sites in Islam.

Jews refer to the area as the Temple Mount, claiming it was the site of two prominent Jewish temples in ancient times.

The complex also includes the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, one of the most sacred Christian sites in the world.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

Israeli Occupation Authorities Force Palestinian to Self-Demolish Store in Jerusalem

DAYS OF PALESTINE – JERUSALEM – Israeli occupation authorities on Thursday forced a Palestinian to self-demolish his store in Shu’fat refugee camp, northeast of Jerusalem.

Palestinian citizen Jamal Mohammad Ali tore down his store, which had an area of 150 square meters and was still under construction, purportedly for being built without a permission.

Ali received a demolition order nine days ago, whereby the Jerusalem municipality gave him the choice to carry out the demolition or pay exorbitant fines if the Israeli occupation municipality of Jerusalem carries out the demolition on its own.

At the same time, the municipality and government build tens of thousands of housing units in illegal settlements in East Jerusalem for Jews with a goal to offset the demographic balance in favor of the Jewish settlers in the occupied city.

According to a report by the Israeli human rights group B’Tselem, the Israeli High Court could be liable for war crimes for their policies that led to the dispossession of Palestinians from their properties in West Bank.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

Israeli Occupation to Demolish under Construction Mosque in Jerusalem

DAYS OF PALESTINE – JERUSALEM – Israeli occupation forces plan to demolish a Palestinian under-construction mosque in the al-‘Isawiya town, in the occupied Palestinian capital, Jerusalem, in the West Bank.


Several army jeeps, invaded the town, and posted a demolition order, in addition to notifying the caretakers of the under-construction site.


The order states that the mosque, about three hundred square meters, must be demolished within 15 days of receiving this order.

It is worth mentioning that last year, Israel demolished 856 structures, displacing 1014 Palestinians, in the occupied West Bank, the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD) said.

ICAHD stated that the demolitions also directed affected 5615 Palestinians and added that 2586 structures were also demolished in the Negev.

(Source / 13.01.2022)

Sisi: Gaza Reconstruction Needs More Than $500 Million

DAYS OF PALESTINE – GAZA – Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi said that the Gaza Strip needs more than $500 million for rebuilding efforts in the aftermath of the latest Israeli aggression on Gaza strip.

The reconstruction of the Gaza Strip requires far more than $500 million, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi said on Wednesday.


“We hope to contribute more than this sum,” Sisi said at a panel of the World Youth Forum (WYF) conference in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm e-Sheikh.


In May 2021, Sisi announced that Egypt would allocate $500m. for rebuilding efforts in the Gaza Strip in the bloody aggression on Gaza strip.

Sisi called on the donor countries to provide financial aid to the United Nations Relief and Work Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) so that it would be able to fulfill its duties towards the Gaza Strip.

At least 243 people, including more than 100 women and children, were killed in Gaza, according to its health ministry.

According to the RDNA, the estimated value of the physical damage caused by the Israeli aggression on Gaza strip ranged between US$290 to US$380 million.

The social sectors were hit the most (US$140 – 180 million), making up more than half of the total damage. Housing alone represents almost 93% of the total damage to the social sectors.

The second most-severely-affected sectors are the productive and financial sectors, with agriculture and services, trade and industry at the fore.

(Source / 13.01.2022)