Israeli soldiers fired, Friday, many live rounds and high-velocity gas bombs at Palestinian farmers on their lands near the perimeter fence in the central and southern parts of the besieged Gaza Strip.
Media sources said the soldiers, stationed across the fence, east of the coastal region, fired a barrage of gas bombs and many live rounds at the farmers, east of Deir al-Balah, in central Gaza, and east of Khan Younis, in the southern part.
The attacks did not lead to casualties but forced the Palestinians to leave, fearing additional Israeli violations.
The army frequently attacks farmers, shepherds, workers, and fishermen across the eastern parts of the coastal region and in Palestinian territorial waters, leading to dozens of casualties, including fatalities, in addition to preventing the Palestinians from tending to their lands and from fishing to provide for their families.
In March of last year, the Palestinian Interior Ministry in Gaza said Israeli mines were responsible for an explosion that led to the death of three fishermen.
Israeli soldiers injured, Friday, dozens of Palestinians during the weekly nonviolent processions against the illegal Annexation Wall and Colonies in Beita and Beit Dajan, south and east of the northern West Bank city of Nablus.
Ahmad Jibril, the head of the Nablus office of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said the soldiers shot nine Palestinians with rubber-coated steel bullets, in Beita.
He added that at least 52 Palestinians suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation and received the needed treatment by the medics.
Jibril also said that the soldiers caused seventeen Palestinians to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation in Beit Dajan.
He added that soldiers prevented Palestinian ambulances from reaching the areas of protesters, forcing the medics to carry their supplies and walk towards the wounded.
It is worth mentioning that Kufur Qaddoum is subject to constant Israeli invasions and violations due to ongoing protests against the illegal colonialist policies and the annexation of the Palestinian lands.
In 2003, the Israeli occupation authorities closed the main road of the town to local Palestinians and granted full access to the illegal colonial settlers, especially those living in the Kedumim colony which was built on stolen Palestinian lands.
In related news, the soldiers abducted a young man, and fired gas bombs, concussion grenades, and rubber-coated steel bullets, at Palestinian protesters in the center of Hebron city, in the southern part of the West Bank.
On Friday at dawn, the soldiers abducted Mousa Osama Tawafsha from his home in Sinjel town, north of the central West Bank city of Ramallah, and Ja’far Abdullah al-‘Orouj from his home in Janata town, east of Bethlehem.
A group of illegal Israeli colonizers invaded, Friday, Palestinian farmlands in Kafr ed-Deek town, west of the central West Bank city of Salfit, before illegally occupying four dunams of private Palestinian lands.
Ahmad Younis, the owner of the lands, said dozens of colonizers invaded the area and fenced his land before planting saplings.
Younis added that the colonizers placed banners warning the Palestinians not to approach the area.
He also said that, in the year 2019, Israeli soldiers prevented him from working on his land, and stopped the digging of a well in the area.
All of Israel’s colonies in the occupied West Bank, including those in and around occupied East Jerusalem, are illegal under International Law, the Fourth Geneva Convention in addition to various United Nations and Security Council resolutions. They also constitute war crimes under International Humanitarian Law.
Nablus (QNN)- Dozens of masked Israeli settlers on Friday brutally attacked and beat Israeli solidarity activists while assisting Palestinian farmers in planting olive trees in the village of Burin, in the occupied West Bank city of Nablus, before stoning and setting one of their cars on fire.
Video footage circulating on social media from the scene shows that a group of 15 masked Israeli settlers, from the nearby illegal outpost of Givat Ronen, with clubs, stones, gas, and Molotov cocktails swarmed upon staff and volunteers from Rabbi 4 Human Rights (RHR) from the Olive Harvest Coalition.
The settlers then started attacking, beating and hurling stones at four Israeli activists, severely injuring them.
They could also be seen in the video beating an activist on his head with a club.
They also set fire to one of the volunteer’s cars.
A volunteer could be heard in the video saying “They can kill us!”
The occupation forces arrived at the scene only after the extremist settlers left.
There has been a sharp spike in settler violence against Palestinians and their properties in the occupied Palestinian territories.
The violent acts include beating, throwing stones, issuing threats, torching fields, destroying trees and crops, stealing crops, using live fire, and damaging homes and cars.
There are 280 illegal settlements in the West Bank, which are home to more than 440,000 Israeli settlers.
In 2021, there were 135 recorded incidents of stones thrown at Palestinians, up from 90 in 2019, and 250 additional violent incidents, compared to 100 in 2019.
Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Extremist Israeli settlers on Friday morning stormed land owned by Palestinian family of Salem in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in East Jerusalem, before attacking residents and fencing the land, in an attempt to take over it.
Local sources said that dozens of extremist Israeli settlers, backed by forces, stormed the Salem family land in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood earlier today, violently attacked residents, and started fencing the land, as a prelude to seize it.
The settlers also beat a Palestinian woman from the neighborhood for trying to prevent them from entering the land, breaking her arm.
The Palestinian family of Salem from the Sheikh Jarrah is also threatened to be forcibly displaced from its house by the Israeli occupation authorities.
The Salem family has been living in its house for over 73 years, since 1951 – currently home to three generations. However, the Israeli occupation authorities have ordered the family to be displaced.
After Israeli settler NGOs lodged a claim to the property, an Israeli court ruled in 2021 that the family of 11, including four children, had to be forcibly displaced by December 29, 2021.
The forced displacement was temporarily halted by an Israeli court on December 23 after a police request following protests and confrontations between Palestinians and Israeli occupation forces.
But it is now set to take place at an unspecified date this month, with the family unable to make further appeals.
The forced displacement notice was delivered to the matriarch of the family, 74-year-old Fatima Salem, by a right-wing Israeli activist and Jerusalem city council member Yonatan Yosef on December 9.
He, along with deputy Jerusalem mayor, Arieh King, claimed to have bought the house from its Jewish owners who had possession of the property before 1948.
The Salem family became refugees in 1948, when some 700,000 Palestinians were forcefully expelled from their homes and land when ‘Israel’ was founded.
In 1951, the family leased the house under a protected tenancy agreement from the Jordanian Custodian of Enemy Property, which had been established to handle property taken from Jews in areas controlled by Jordan after the 1948 Arab–Israeli war. ‘Israel’ later seized control of East Jerusalem during the 1967 war.
“My parents have lived here since 1951. I was born here, I got married here and I gave birth to all my children here. My three sons, their wives and children all live here now,” Fatima told Al Jazeera.
“We have no other place to go and we can’t afford to rent a new place. We could end up in the street in the cold and rainy winter weather.”
“The stress is unbearable. We all struggle to sleep at night and this makes my health problems worse.”
In 2021, at least 317 Palestinians were forcibly displaced from their homes in East Jerusalem, according to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), while 161 structures were demolished under the pretext of lacking a building permit which the Israeli occupation authorities make difficult to obtain.
The Salem family is one of hundreds of Palestinian families in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood who are threatened with forced displacement from their houses by the Israeli occupation authorities.
Israeli occupation forces also demolished Salhiya family house after raiding their house in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem in the early morning hours of Wednesday, violently arresting and assaulting family members.
Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Israeli occupation authorities on Wednesday forced a Palestinian family to self-demolish its house in Wadi al-Joz neighborhood in Silwan in the occupied city of Jerusalem.
At the order of the Israeli occupation municipality, the family of Faisal Al-Ja’bari self-demolished its house in Wadi al-Joz to avoid paying an exorbitant fine of the demolition costs to the Israeli municipality (the staff and the police) if it carried out the demolition.
The house was built in 2016 and 8 people have been living in it, including Faisal’s married son and his son’s wife.
“In spite of the heavy rain, I will sleep with my children on the ground of my own house which I was forced to self-destruct by the Israeli occupation authorities,” said Faisal Al-Ja’bari.
He added, “We will not leave our own house. No matter what happens, we will stay here. There is nothing to do.”
The family said that they self-demolished the house despite the fact that they had been asked, over the past years, to pay heavy fines to the Israeli occupation municipality.
In the early morning hours of Wednesday, the occupation forces also demolished another family’s house, the Salhiya family, after raiding their house in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem, violently arresting and assaulting family members, displacing 18 people.
Using the pretext of illegal building, ‘Israel’ demolishes houses and structures on a regular basis to restrict Palestinian expansion in occupied Jerusalem.
At the same time, the Israeli occupation municipality and the occupation government built tens of thousands of housing units in illegal settlements in occupied East Jerusalem for Jews with a goal to offset the demographic balance in favour of the Israeli settlers in the occupied city.
‘Israel’ has been moving its citizens into the occupied Jerusalem neighbourhoods since the 1980s. This has resulted in numerous human rights violations, including the forced displacement of Palestinian residents and home demolitions.
Hundreds of Palestinian families are being threatened with forced displacement and house demolitions by illegal settler groups, fully supported by the Israeli government.
There are nearly 700,000 Israeli settlers living in 256 illegal settlements and outposts scattered across the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem. Israeli settlements are illegal under international law.
The Israeli court had previously rejected many appeals filed by the residents of Jerusalem to stop demolitions and forced displacement.
During the year of 2021, according to the Jerusalem Affairs Ministry, Israeli forces demolished over 173 Palestinian-owned structures in Jerusalem and issued over 200 demolition orders against houses.
Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Israeli occupation authorities on Thursday released Mahmoud Salhiya, the Jerusalemite from Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood whom ‘Israel’ demolished his house and forcibly displaced his family yesterday, on two conditions.
On Thursday evening, Mahmoud Salhiya, his two sons, and nearly 22 supporters were released by an Israeli occupation Court on the conditions that they are now barred from entering the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood for 30 days and that each of them must pay a bail amounting 1000 Shekel ( approx. USD$400).
The conditions also include that anyone must pay a 5000 Shekel bail if he breaks the condition of being barred from entering the neighborhood.
Following his release from Israel’s Al-Mascobiya interrogation center, Mahmoud said that during his arrest, the Israeli occupation forces severely beat him.
“I almost died. I really tasted death!” Mahmoud added.
Yesterday, the Israeli occupation forces demolished Salhiya family house after raiding their house in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem in the early morning hours, violently arresting and assaulting the family members.
The forces arrested five of the family members, including Mahmoud, and over 22 supporters who were camping inside the property in solidarity with the family and were also assaulted.
On Monday morning, the Israeli forces also attempted to forcibly displaced the Salhiya family from its house. They raided the area and demolished five businesses Mahmoud owned.
However, Mahmoud refused to obey the order of the Israeli occupation municipality and threatened to set himself and the house on fire, in opposition to the forced displacement.
Hours later, the Israeli forces left the area after demolishing five businesses owned by Mahmoud.
The Salhiya family was displaced from its house in the west Jerusalem neighborhood of Ein Karem in 1948 during the ethnic cleansing of the village.
They bought a new house in the 1950s in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, over a decade before ‘Israel’ occupied and annexed the area.
Eighteen people lived on the property in two adjacent houses, including Mahmoud, his wife and children, his mother and his sister’s family. The whole family is made up of 9 children.
The family was offered by the occupation municipality an eight-month extension to convince them to sign a paper stating that they would become a tenant of the house, but they refused.
The family also said that the battle to keep its house had cost them around NIS 600,000 (about $ 190,000) in fines, the cost of filing cases and appointing lawyers.
More than 500 Palestinians living in 28 houses in the neighborhood are also threatened with forced displacement by settler organizations supported by the Israeli occupation government.
Occupied Palestine (QNN)- An Israeli General has called for a repeat of the 1948 military massacre that resulted in Israel’s occupation of the Al-Naqab Desert and the forced displacement of tens of thousands of Palestinians.
Major General Yom-Tov Samiah, who served as commander of the Southern Zone in the Israeli occupation army during the Second Intifada, tweeted last Friday: “Operation ‘Yoav’ will soon return to liberate the Al-Naqab. Luckily General Shaike Gavish, who led the operation at the time is alive. He will pass on some lessons.”
“If we continue at this rate of loss of control we will have to retake the Al-Naqab and Galilee. Civil war is on the doorstep,” added the Israeli General.
Operation Yoav was one of the two large-scale operations launched by the occupation forces in October 1948 during the Nakba, several months after the official establishment of the occupation state of ‘Israel’, which opened a road to the Al-Naqab Desert, when 23 Palestinian towns and villages were destroyed and their populations made refugees in Jordan, the West Bank, and Gaza.
The Israeli General remarks came after over two weeks of protests against Israel’s repeated demolition and bulldozing works in the Al-Naqab lands.
About a week ago, hundreds of peaceful Palestinians took part in a large demonstration in several villages of the Al-Naqab against Israel’s demolition and bulldozing works in their lands.
The Higher Follow Up Committee of Arabs in the Naqab, a local umbrella body that represents Palestinians in the area, announced a general strike in response to the Israeli demolitions.
“We took the decision to undertake proactive measures, beginning with adopting a cumulative resistance programme over a period of six months that will lead to a regional general strike and a massive demonstration outside the prime minister’s office, and the internationalisation of the issue to expose the racist practices [of Israeli authorities] before international institutions,” the committee said in a statement.
The general strike was announced in villages facing the threat of Israeli demolition including al-Atrash, al-Sawa, al-Zarnouq, al-Ruwais, Beir Haddaj and Khirbet Watan.
However, the Israeli occupation forces stormed the Palestinian villages in the Al-Naqab desert and started violently attacking and arresting the peaceful protesters who gathered to denounce the demolition work.
The Israeli forces fired tear gas canisters and sound bombs directly and intensively towards the protesters to disperse them, resulting in the suffocation of dozens of them due to gas inhalation. They also used skunk water cannons to disperse the nonviolent protesters.
Israeli occupation forces attacked peaceful Palestinian protesters demonstrating against Israeli apartheid in the village of Al-Atrash in the Al-Naqb desert, south of 1948-occupied Palestine.
This all started on January 9, when the Jewish National Fund (JNF) began several days of the so-called “planting trees” on disputed land in the Al-Naqab.
For over three days, the Israeli bulldozers carried out demolitions on lands of local Bedouins used for cultivation.
The forces closed off the villages and prevented the residents from entering their lands. Thus, the Palestinian residents moved their protests to the entrance of the villages.
The Israeli demolitions in al-Naqab are part of a controversial Israeli plan, led by the JNF, to plant trees in the region.
Last month, Israeli forces attacked Palestinians in six villages: al-Mashash, al-Zarnouq, Bier al-Hamam, al-Ruwais, al-Gharaa, and Khirbet Watan, destroying crops and excavating soil.
The JNF and the Israel Land Authority (ILA) were planning to plant hundreds of trees on lands from the six Bedouin villages, which had all received demolition orders and faced the displacement of thousands of residents “in the name of developing the area.”
‘Israel’ has used the forestation projects as a tactic for land grabs and to prevent Palestinians from returning to lands from which they have been displaced.
The residents say that such policies are an attempt to pressure them into being internally displaced despite Bedouins having lived on or near these lands prior to Israel’s establishment in 1948.
There are almost 100,000 Palestinians live in 35 Bedouin villages in the Al-Naqab and are all unrecognized by the Israeli occupation government who views the Bedouin residents of these villages as illegal squatters and does not provide them with basic services or infrastructure, including electricity, water, sewage systems, roads, schools or hospitals.
The Israeli occupation government considers those Palestinian villages “unrecognised,” and therefore they are under threat of demolition.