Israeli Forces Attack Palestinian Fishermen, Farmers In Gaza

Israeli navy ships and soldiers attacked, Saturday, Palestinian fishing boats and farmers in two separate incidents in the besieged Gaza Strip.

Eyewitnesses said the navy fired many live rounds, and used water cannons, in attacking several Palestinian fishing boats less than five nautical miles in Palestinian territorial waters, near Khan Younis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.

They added that the soldiers also fired sporadic rounds of live fire at farmers, east of Khuza’a town, near Khan Younis, forcing them to leave.

The two attacks caused damage, but did not lead to casualties, medical sources in Gaza have confirmed.

The army frequently attacks farmersshepherds, workers, and fishermen across the eastern parts of the coastal region and in Palestinian territorial waters, leading to dozens of casualties, including fatalities, in addition to preventing the Palestinians from tending to their lands and from fishing to provide for their families.

In March of this year, the Palestinian Interior Ministry in Gaza said Israeli mines were responsible for an explosion that led to the death of three fishermen.

(Source / 05.12.2021)

Israeli army dismantles three tents, displaces their residents in JV

Jordan Valley hamlet

IOA forces Palestinian to raze his own house in J’lemIsraeli army dismantles three tents, displaces their residents in JV

JORDAN VALLEY, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation army on Sunday morning dismantled three Palestinian tents and displaced their residents in Khirbet Hamsa in the northern Jordan Valley.

Local official Aref Daraghmeh said that Israeli forces stormed Khirbet Hamsa and seized three tents belonging to a local resident after dismantling them.

The Israeli army had already dismantled and seized residential tents and cattle structures seven times in the same area, especially at the end of 2020 and at the beginning of 2021.

In Bethlehem, the Israeli army also demolished today an automobile repair shop in Beit Jala City for the fifth consecutive time. The facility belonged to the family of Hussein Abu Ghalyoun.

In another incident, the Israeli occupation authority (IOA) on the same day forced a Palestinian citizen to demolish his home in Wadi Humus neighborhood in Sur Baher town, southeast of Jerusalem.

According to local sources, Mohamed Omaira had to demolish his own house in Wadi Humus after he recently received a demolition notice from the Israeli municipality.

The majority of Jerusalemite citizens had to comply with such Israeli demolition orders to avoid paying exorbitant money to the IOA.

The Jerusalemites have no choice but to build without licenses because there are no structural maps that respond to the natural increase in their numbers, and for that reason, they are denied house permits.

The IOA also imposes building restrictions on the Palestinian natives in Jerusalem and makes it hard for them to obtain construction licenses.

Israel’s systematic demolition of Palestinian homes in Occupied Jerusalem is believed to be aimed at psychologically destroying the Jerusalemite families in an attempt to force them to move from the holy city.

(Source / 05.12.2021)

IOF kidnaps several Palestinians in W. Bank

IOF in the West Bank

WEST BANK, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) at dawn Sunday kidnaped a number of Palestinian citizens during campaigns in the West Bank.

According to local sources, the IOF kidnaped Ahmed Salima, the brother of martyr Mohamed Salima, from his home in Salfit City.

Scores of Israeli soldiers stormed Salfit, raided and searched Salima’s house, interrogated members of his family for a few hours and detained his brother, Ahmad.

Israeli police officers on Saturday cold-bloodedly shot dead Salima at point-blank range in Occupied Jerusalem after he allegedly stabbed a Jewish settler.  

In Ramallah, the IOF kidnaped two citizens identified as Jihad Abu Adi and Saji Ataya from their homes in Kafr Ni’ma village.

In Bethlehem, the IOF kidnaped a teenager called Hamza Taqateqa from his home in Marah Rabah village.

In east Jerusalem, overnight clashes broke out between Israeli police forces and Palestinian young men in Jabel Mukaber neighborhood.

Local sources said that local youths showered police forces with a volley of firecrackers in Jabel Mukaber.

Last night, police forces kidnaped a Palestinian young man from Bab al-Amud area in the Old City of Jerusalem.

Earlier in the evening, about 40 Palestinians suffered different injuries when police forces chased them in Bab al-Amud area and nearby streets after a young man was shot dead in the area.

(Source / 05.12.2021)

Source: Palestinian forced to self-demolish house in Jerusalem

Self-demolish
Self-demolish

Gaza Post – A Palestinian citizen from the occupied Jerusalem neighborhood of Sur Baher began demolishing his own home on Sunday after being pressured to do so by the Israeli municipality of Jerusalem according to local sources.

Spokesman for the Palestinian Authority’s Anti-Settlement Commission, Hasan Burajiya, said that Mohammad Amira was forced to demolish his own home in the Sur Baher neighborhood’s Wadi Al-Hummus district after the Israeli municipality issued a demolition order against it on the grounds that it was built without a permit.

Mohammad Amira reported that he had no choice but to demolish the home himself in order to avoid paying unreasonable demolition costs to the Israeli municipality in the event it carries out the demolition.

Israeli occupation authorities demolished 77 residential apartments in July 2019 in Wadi Al-Hummus under the pretext that they were close to the Israeli segregation barrier, which separates Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank.

Palestinians in Jerusalem asserted that they are forced to build without a permit because getting a building permit is impossible as the right-wing mayor and city council attempt to keep the city’s Palestinian population at a bare minimum while multiplying its Jewish residents by approving the construction of thousands of new housing units in Jewish settlements.

At least 75 percent of applications for a permit by the Palestinian citizens of Jerusalem are rejected by the municipality, according to rights groups.

(Source / 05.12.2021)

Israeli Army Abducts Seven Palestinians In West Bank

Israeli soldiers abducted, earlier Saturday, at least seven Palestinians from several parts of the occupied West Bank, including the occupied capital, Jerusalem. The soldiers also detained a young man and assaulted him for several hours before leaving him unconscious at an intersection.

The soldiers invaded Abu Dis town, east of Jerusalem, searched homes, and abducted two former political prisoners, identified as Mohammad Saleh Abu as-Saleh and Yazan Khaled Mohsin.

In Shu’fat refugee camp, northeast of Jerusalem, the soldiers abducted Zakariyya al-Karaki and Yousef al-Karaki, in addition to abducting a young man, who remained unidentified at the time of this report, from Kafr ‘Aqab town, north of Jerusalem.

The soldiers also abducted a former political prisoner, identified as Fuad Mohammad Bisharat, from Tammoun town, south of Tubas in northeastern West Bank, after stopping him at a sudden military roadblock on the main entrance of ‘Atouf nearby village.

In Hebron, in the southern part of the West Bank, the soldiers abducted a former political prisoner, Abdul-Rahman Osama Dweik, after storming and ransacking his home in the center of the city.

In Jenin, in northern West Bank, the soldiers abducted a young man, identified as Raja Ahmad Abu Safat, and took him to a nearby military base where they assaulted him for several hours, before leaving him unconscious near an intersection.

The Palestinians noticed the young man and called for an ambulance that took him to a hospital in Jenin.

In related news, the soldiers detained, on Saturday at dawn, twenty-two young Palestinian men, including siblings, after the army stormed and ransacked dozens of homes in Hebron city, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.

In addition, the soldiers killed a young man, after he allegedly stabbed an Israeli settler in occupied Jerusalem, in the West Bank.

Furthermore, a Palestinian was forced to demolish his home, in Beit Hanina, north of the occupied capital, rendering him and his family homeless only 45 days after the family moved in.

(Source / 05.12.2021)

‘Israel’ praises bloodthirsty killers of Palestinian youth in Jerusalem

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Following their brutally killing of a Palestinian youth in occupied Jerusalem, Israeli officials praised the bloodthirsty soldiers for their actions.

23-year-old Palestinian Muhammad Shawkat Abu Saleemeh was executed on Saturday by Israeli occupation police officers in the Bab al-Amud area in occupied Jerusalem although he was wounded and unable to move, claiming he intended to carry out a stabbing attack against well-armed Israeli forces.

Video footage shows Muhammad laying on the ground before police officers shot him from point-blank range despite he was unarmed and he posed no threat.

The Red Crescent also said the Israeli forces prevented its crews from providing medical care for Muhammad.

Israeli officials, however, fully backed the Border Police Forces who killed the Palestinian youth, calling their cold-blooded murder “quick,” “decisive,” “professional,” and “brave.”

Israeli occupation Prime Minister, Naftali Bennett, praised the officers, saying their action was “quick and decisive”.

Israeli War Minister, Benny Gantz, also expressed his support to the killers, saying they acted “professionally and determinedly.”

While posing for a picture with the two officers in a gesture of pride, Israeli Border Police Commander, Amir Cohen, said he “fully backed” the officers who “responded as needed to the incident.”

Amir Cohen posing for a picture with Israeli occupation officers who killed Palestinian man in Jerusalem

Israeli occupation Interior Minister, Ayelet Shaked, also offered her support for the killers, saying they “stand in the frontlines and we stand behind them.”

Former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also wrote on Twitter he “commends the actions of Border Police forces” who acted “bravely.”

Likud MK Avi Dichter said the killers acted “courageously,” calling them “brave fighters, you saved lives and are worthy of all the praise for it!”

(Source / 05.12.2021)

After 131 days of hunger strike… Kayed Fasfous is free

Ramallah (QNN)- Israeli authorities on Sunday released Kayed Fasfous after over a year of administrative detention and 131 days of hunger strike.

Kayed Fasfous, the father of one girl, went on hunger strike for 131 days in protest against his illegal administrative detention. However, on November 22, 2021, he suspended his strike after the Israelis determined a date to release him.

This morning, Fasfous was taken by ambulance to Dora medical center, from which he was taken to the Istishari hospital in Ramallah, where he underwent medical check-ups.

(Source / 05.12.2021)

Israeli authorities release student activist Shatha Taweel

Ramallah (QNN)- Israeli authorities on Sunday released Shatha Taweel (21 years old), a student activist at Birzeit University, who was detained over her activism.

Taweel was arrested from her house in Bireh in November 2020. She was interrogated in Ofer detention center before being sent to Ha Sharon prison then to the Damon prison.

She was arrested within an arrest campaign that targeted dozens of student activists in the university.

(Source / 05.12.2021)

US strongly opposed to settlement advancement, US Secretary of State says

Washington (QNN)- The United States has “strongly emphasized” its opposition to Israeli illegal settlement advancement on Thursday, stressing such steps “undercut efforts to advance a negotiated two-state solution.”

In a conversation US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, had with Israeli occupation Prime Minister, Naftali Bennett, Blinken “strongly emphasized that Israel and the Palestinian Authority should refrain from unilateral steps that exacerbate tensions and undercut efforts to advance a negotiated two-state solution, including advancing settlement activity,” State Department spokesman Ned Price said in describing the conversation.

.@SecBlinken spoke with Israeli Prime Minister @naftalibennett. He underlined the U.S. commitment to Israel’s security and discussed regional issues, including Iran, settlement activity concerns, Israeli-Palestinian relations, and global challenges.

The Israeli planning and construction committee of the Municipality of occupied Jerusalem approved a plan to construct a new settlement in north Jerusalem on a land plot occupied by an abandoned international airport built during the British Mandate.

‘Israel’ used the airport in ‘Atarot’, located near the Palestinian village of Qalandia, as a military airbase before permanently shutting it down in the wake of the Second Intifada in 2000.

The new settlement included the construction of over one thousand units, hotels, public infrastructure, and commercial areas. 1200 dunums of Palestinian lands will be used for the project.

According to Israeli media claims, Bennett told Blinken the project was just at the planning stage.

Peace Now, an Israeli rights group, said in a statement that “this is a very dangerous plan which might bring a dangerous blow to the two-state solution.”

It added that the planned settlement project in Atarot “is at the heart of the urban territorial Palestinian continuity between Ramallah and East Jerusalem, and thus prevents the possibility of a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital. The government must remove the plan from the agenda immediately and shelve it.”

Last week, 26 House Democrats urged Blinken to pressure the Israeli Occupation government to prevent the planned settlement project, highlighting how settlements entrench the occupation, undermine the prospects of a two-state solution, diminish the viability of a Palestinian state, and represent a violation of international law.

(Source / 05.12.2021)

UN Human Rights Office expresses shock following Israel’s killing of Palestinian youth

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights has expressed its shock and concern following Israel’s “apparent extra-judicial execution” of a Palestinian youth in occupied Jerusalem on Saturday.

The UN Human Rights Office in Palestine said in a statement on Saturday it “is shocked by the apparent extra-judicial execution of Mohammad Shawkat Sleemah today at Damascus Gate in Jerusalem.”

“While on the ground and injured, Israeli forces shot Mr Sleemah twice, apparently killing him,” the statement added.

The office pointed out that “extra-judicial killings such as this are the consequence of the regular resort to lethal force by well-armed and well-protected Israeli security personnel against Palestinians, and the almost total lack of accountability for killings and injuries of Palestinians by Israeli forces.”

The UN Human Rights Office added that it is monitoring the case.

23-year-old Muhammad Shawkat Abu Saleemeh was brutally executed by Israeli occupation forces soldiers on Saturday in Bab al-Amoud plaza in occupied Jerusalem, claiming he intended to carry out a stabbing attack against armed Israeli soldiers.

The Israeli border policemen prevented medical crews from reaching or providing medical care for Abu Saleemeh, according to the Red Crescent, as Abu Saleemeh was executed although he was already on the ground and unable to move.

(Source / 05.12.2021)