IOF finds and detains last two escaped prisoners in Jenin

Six Gilboa heroes

JENIN, (PIC) – The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Sunday recaptured the last two of six Palestinian prisoners who tunneled out of the high-security jail of Gilboa nearly two weeks ago.

According to Hebrew news websites, the two detainees, Ayham Kamamji and Munadil Infiaat, were apprehended at dawn from a house in the eastern neighborhood of Jenin City in the occupied West Bank.

The other four were already re-arrested in pairs a week ago near the Arab City of Nazareth in northern Israel (1948 occupied Palestine). They are Zakariya Zubeidi, Yaqoub Qadri, Mahmoud al-Ardah, and Mohamed al-Ardah.

All the six prisoners are from Jenin province and they were together in sections 5 and 2 of Gilboa jail before their escape.

Palestinian young men and resistance fighters in Jenin clashed with Israeli troops as they raided the city early on Sunday, local sources said.

Kamamji and Infiaat surrendered after being surrounded by Israeli forces, and two other Palestinians were arrested for assisting them, according to news reports.

Local medical sources said that three young men suffered moderate injuries during the IOF campaign in Jenin.

(Source / 19.09.2021)

Diliani: Re-arrest of Gilboa political prisoners spotlights their heroism

Diliani: Re-arrest of Gilboa political prisoners spotlights their heroism
Dimitri Diliani

Gaza post – Spokesman of the Democratic Reformist Faction within Fatah movement, Dimitri Diliani, said on Sunday in a press statement that the re-arrest of the six political prisoners who snatched their freedom despite Israeli occupation authorities, spotlights their heroism.

The re-arrest that came two weeks of freedom from illegal Israeli imprisonment increases the public’s notion of their heroism and raises the morale of the Palestinian people, especially the thousands of political prisoners illegally imprisoned in Israel detention centers, he added.
 
Diliani also said that: “The six revolutionaries, with their simple tools, courage and determination, were able to defeat the technological advanced security systems claimed by Israeli occupation. Furthermore, Diliani assured that the six heroes succeeded in prioritizing the political prisoners’ issue to the forefront of the Palestinian popular movement’s activities”.

Diliani wished that the popular movement keeps its momentum in supporting political prisoners’ cause in order to impose it on the domestic, regional and international political agendas that so far have failed to achieve freedom for those who gave up years their lives to our justice national cause.
 
Diliani condemned the brutality, repression and retaliatory tightening measures carried out by the Israeli prison authority against our political prisoners in clear violation of international laws, which increased after the success of “Operation Freedom Tunnel”, stressing that these crimes will end in defeat before the will and steadfastness of our political prisoners in Israeli illegitimate jails and detention centers.

(Source / 19.09.2021)

IOF seizes surveillance cameras recordings in Salfit

IOF seizes surveillance cameras recordings in Salfit
Surveillance cameras

Gaza post – Israeli occupation soldiers raided on Sunday the village of Qarawat Bani Hassan in the occupied West Bank region of Salfit today and stole security camera footage from homes and stores according to witnesses.

After briefly detaining a number of local Palestinian people, Israeli occupation soldiers entered the village, collected security camera recordings, and interrogated them.

The village has been the focus of daily Israeli assaults over the last three weeks, which included searches of homes and businesses.

Meanwhile, Israeli occupation soldiers raided and searched the home of a 17-year-old minor in the hamlet of Beit Fajjar, which is located in the Bethlehem area of the occupied West Bank.

(Source / 19.09.2021)

Egypt engineers arrive in Gaza to follow up on reconstruction

Egyptian technical teams to work in the debris removal and reconstruction works with the necessary equipment in order to support the reconstruction works reach Gaza City, Gaza which was damaged by the Israeli attacks, on 4 June 2021. [Ashraf Amra - Anadolu Agency]
Egyptian technical teams to work in the debris removal and reconstruction works with the necessary equipment in order to support the reconstruction works reach Gaza City, Gaza which was damaged by the Israeli attacks, on 4 June 2021

An Egyptian engineering delegation arrived in the occupied Gaza Strip yesterday to follow up on the enclave’s reconstruction process.

An official source told Safa that the Egyptian delegation would stay for “two weeks in Gaza to follow up on the progress of the reconstruction file.”

The visit comes following a recent announcement by the Egyptian public works and housing minister, who had said that the engineers would “aid in rebuilding what Israel had destroyed in its latest aggression on the enclave.”

This is the third visit by Egyptian officials since the May aggression that was halted on 21 May following a Cairo mediated ceasefire.

READ: Was Bennett’s visit to Egypt really ‘historic’?

The delegation visited the Strip in June and delivered 51 pieces of equipment and machinery, including “trucks, excavators, sweepers, conveyors, and cranes,” according to the media. Cairo also pledged to spend $500 million to start the reconstruction process in Gaza.

The 11-day Israeli aggression left 1,447 housing units and 205 homes completely demolished, and 13,000 others partially damaged, according to official data. It destroyed dozens of government and private buildings, and hundreds of agricultural facilities.

The attacks also left 260 civilian Palestinians dead and thousands others injured.

(Source / 19.09.2021)

Gaza reconstruction to start soon amid fears donors will not fulfil their pledges

A view from a building damaged by the Israeli attacks in Beit Lahia, Gaza on 7 June 2021 [Ashraf Amra/Anadolu Agency]
A view from a building damaged by the Israeli attacks in Gaza on 7 June 2021 

The Ministry of Public Works and Housing in the besieged Gaza Strip announced that reconstruction of the enclave is set to begin soon but there are fears that donor countries will not fulfil their pledges.

During Israel’s latest bombing campaign against Gaza in May, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Works in Gaza, Naji Sarhan, explained: “1,500 housing units were completely destroyed, and 880 other units were partially destroyed with severe damage, in addition to 56,000 housing units that suffered medium to light damage.”

Israel killed at least 254 Palestinians, including 66 children, 39 women, and 17 elderly people during the bombardment. More than 1,900 were wounded, including 380 children, 540 women, and 91 elderly

In an exclusive statement to Arabi21, he confirmed that “the reconstruction process is currently moving forward,” noting that “Qatar has joined the reconstruction plan and wants to start, as well as Egypt. Each has pledged $500 million, a total of $1 billion.”

Sarhan stated that, “during [Chairman of Qatar’s Gaza Reconstruction Committee] Ambassador Mohammed Al Emadi’s recent visit to the Strip, Qatar agreed to start reconstruction in October 2021, including rebuilding the housing units which were completely destroyed, and other uninhabitable units that are severely damaged, making them a priority for us.”

Based on this agreement, “owners of the housing units were contacted to prepare the special plans necessary for the reconstruction of their destroyed homes,” he explained.

READ: Qatar says its aid necessary for those in need in Gaza

He noted that ministry officials had not yet met the Egyptian delegation that arrived in Gaza yesterday.

Sarhan said he expects Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to also contribute to the reconstruction of Gaza. “We are optimistic that all Arab, Islamic and European countries will contribute to the process of rebuilding the Gaza Strip.”

“In the past, there were many promises, and many countries pledged to pay $5 billion, but only about $800 million was actually provided,” he said, expressing hope that “the countries that pledge to finance the reconstruction process will follow through with their pledges.”

(Source / 19.09.2021)

Hamas warns Israel against aggression on Jenin

JENIN, WEST BANK - MAY 7: Israeli forces take security measurements after they killed two Palestinians and seriously injured another in the northern part of West Bank, Israeli media reported on May 7, 2021. The Palestinians were shot after they opened fire at Israeli soldiers at the Salem settlement outpost, according to the Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation and local daily Maariv. ( Nedal Eshtayah - Anadolu Agency )
Israeli forces take security measurements after they killed two Palestinians and seriously injured another in the northern part of West Bank, Israeli media reported on May 7, 2021

The Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement Hamas on Friday warned the Israeli occupation against “committing any aggression” on the West Bank city of Jenin, a statement announced.

In the statement, Hamas expressed: “We warn the Israeli occupation against committing any aggression on our families in Jenin, which is the stronghold of resistance in the occupied West Bank.”

Hamas added: “Our people will stand united in support for our people in Jenin.”

The Palestinian resistance groups are afraid that Israel is preparing for a wide-scale invasion of Jenin under the claim that one of the two escapees, who have not yet been recaptured, has entered it.

READ: Israel’s future is apartheid in a ‘solution of the three classes’

According to the statement, Hamas also warned Israel against its continuous harassment of the Palestinian prisoners.

“The defeat inflicted on the enemy by the Freedom Tunnel Operation is considered one of a series of defeats inflicted on the Israeli military, security and political institutions,” the statement said, stressing: “Defeats will continue until we liberate our lands and make our people free.”

Rights groups say that about 4,650 Palestinian prisoners are enduring harsh conditions inside Israeli jails, including 40 women, 200 minors and 520 under administrative detention.

(Source / 19.09.2021)

Israeli forces capture last 2 escaped Palestinian prisoners in Jenin

Iham Kamamji and Monadel Infiat

Israeli forces have recaptured the last two escaped Palestinian prisoners following last week’s jailbreak from a high-security prison, Israeli police said on Saturday, reports Anadolu Agency.

In a statement, the police said that the two Palestinians Iham Kamamji and Monadel Infiat were captured in the city of Jenin.Israel's inevitable failure: how a old rusty spoon defeated it - Cartoon [Sabaaneh/Middle East Monitor]

Israel’s inevitable failure: how a old rusty spoon defeated it – Cartoon

“The house where the two fugitives were staying was detected by the intelligence given by Israel’s internal security service, Shin-Bet, and they were arrested by the Israeli forces without showing any resistance,” the statement added.

Six Palestinian inmates tunneled out of the high-security Gilboa Prison in northern Israel on September 6. Israeli forces managed to capture four of them after a large-scale manhunt.

There are around 4,850 Palestinian detainees in Israeli prisons, including 41 women, 225 children, and 540 “administrative detainees,” according to observers.

READ: Palestinian escapee recaptured and ‘tortured’

(Source / 19.09.2021)

Israeli Soldiers Abduct Three Palestinians Near Gaza Perimeter Fence

Israeli soldiers abducted, Saturday, three young Palestinian men after they reportedly tried to cross the perimeter fence, east of Gaza city.

Media sources said the soldiers, stationed in the Malka military base, across the fence, east of Gaza, abducted the three young men and took them to an unknown destination.

The Israeli army claimed the Palestinians carried knives and tools used to cut through the fence. The abducted Palestinians remained unknown at the time of this report.

It is worth mentioning that the Israeli army repeatedly invades and bulldozes Palestinian farmlands near the fence across the eastern parts of the Gaza Strip, opens fire at farmers and workers, in addition to attacking and firing at fishermen and their boats in Gaza territorial waters.

The attacks are part of frequent Israeli violations against the Palestinians, especially the fishermenfarmersshepherds, and workers in the besieged and impoverished Gaza Strip, and have led to dozens of casualties, including fatalities, in addition to serious property damage and the confiscation of many boats after abducting the fishermen.

(Source / 19.09.2021)

Army Abducts Four Palestinians In Hebron After Colonizers Assaulted Them

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Saturday at night, four young Palestinian men after Israeli colonialist settlers assaulted them along with three women, in Hebron city, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.

Local sources said the Palestinians were walking in the Sahla neighborhood, near the Ibrahimi Mosque in the center of Hebron city, when a group of Israeli colonizers attacked them.

They added that the colonizers assaulted four young men, and three women, including an elderly woman, and struck them with batons and rifle-butts, causing many cuts and bruises.

They added that the Palestinians tried to defend themselves before the Israeli soldiers arrived at the scene, attacked and abducted the four young men, identified as Mohammad Fawwaz Qfeisha, 20, Dia’ Tareq Qfeisha, 24, Fawzi Sa’adi Rajabi, and his brother Mohammad.

The women who were assaulted by the colonizers have been identified as Roweida Abdul-Mo’ti Qfeisha, Lobna Jamil Qfeisha, and her sister Maleka.

(Source / 19.09.2021)

Israeli Army Attacks Palestinian Protesters Near Jenin

Israeli soldiers attacked, on Saturday at night, many Palestinian protesters near the al-Jalama military roadblock, northeast of Jenin, in northern West Bank.

Media sources said dozens of Palestinians marched towards the roadblock while chanting against the ongoing illegal Israeli occupation, its escalating violations against the Palestinians, including the political prisoners.

They added that the soldiers fired many gas bombs, concussion grenades, and rubber-coated steel bullets at the protesters; there have been no immediate reports of injuries.

In related news, the soldiers abducted, on Saturday evening, two young men, identified as Yazan Eshteyya and Osama Mojahed, in Bab as-Sahera, in occupied Jerusalem.

On Saturday at night, the soldiers abducted four young Palestinian men after Israeli colonialist settlers assaulted them along with three women, in Hebron city, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank.

(Source / 19.09.2021)