Israeli troops shot and killed a Palestinian and injured others on Friday during a protest against Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank, the Palestinian health ministry and medics said, reports Reuters.
The Israeli military said that 700 Palestinians had gathered in the area, south of the Palestinian city of Nablus, clashing with Israeli troops and border police.
Israeli forces “responded with riot dispersal means”, the military said in a statement. “We are aware of reports that a Palestinian was killed and a number of Palestinians were injured.”
The man who died had been rushed to a Nablus hospital, later succumbing to his injuries, the Palestinian health ministry said. He was 38 years old, it said.
The Palestine Red Crescent ambulance service said that 21 other Palestinians had been shot by Israeli troops, most of them with rubber-tipped bullets. Others were treated for tear gas inhalation, it said in a statement.
The West Bank is among territories where Palestinians seek statehood. Violence has simmered there since US-sponsored talks between the Palestinians and Israel broke down in 2014.
Palestinians have staged near-daily protests in Beita, south of Nablus, to voice anger at a nearby Israeli settler outpost, often leading to violent clashes with Israeli troops.
The settlers agreed to leave the outpost in July under an agreement with Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett, following weeks of demonstrations by Palestinians lighting fires that often engulfed the outpost in smoke.
But some of the outpost’s buildings remained, locked and under military guard. Palestinians, who claim the land the outpost is on, have vowed to continue their demonstrations.
During the meeting, the Palestinian delegation briefed Raisi on the latest developments in the Palestinian arena and on the outcomes of the Sword of Al-Quds Battle, as well as on its consequences and the future of the Palestinian cause.
The Palestinian delegation also explained to Raisi the violent Israeli behaviour against the Palestinian people, settlement expansion, the siege imposed on Gaza and forced expulsion, mainly in Jerusalem’s Sheikh Jarrah area.
The Palestinian delegation also reiterated the Palestinian right to return to their homes in occupied Palestine.
In a statement published by Israeli media, the Israeli army announced that it struck a camp and a rocket-launching position in the strip belonging to Hamas, adding that it would: “Continue to respond with strikes to terror attempts from Gaza.”
Three fires were reported in the Kissufim forest, and another one in the Be’eri forest, Israeli media reported.
Gazan youths, who fired the balloons from Gaza, have declared in a statement that they will continue harassing the Israeli occupation until it lifts the 15-year-long siege imposed on Gaza that paralyses all forms of life in the coastal enclave.
Israeli soldiers demolished, Friday, two residential tents, one shed, and a barn in the Ka’abna Bedouin community in the al-Mo’arrajat area east of Ramallah, in central West Bank, in addition to confiscating agricultural equipment and tools used by the farmers and Shepherds.
Local sources said several army jeeps and trucks invaded the Bedouin community after surrounding it.
They added that the soldiers then dismantled and demolished two residential tents, one residential shed, and a barn, before confiscating the materials along with agricultural tools.
The demolished and confiscated properties are owned by the family of Mohammad Suleiman Ka’abna, in addition to Ahed Ali Jaradat and Jamal Mohammad Jaradat.
In related news, the soldiers invaded Jeet village, east of the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia, and handed a Palestinian, identified as Samed Khader, a demolition order targeting his under-construction 120 square/meter home.
A group of fanatic Israeli colonizers, illegally squatting on Palestinian lands, cut and uprooted dozens of Palestinian olive trees, Friday, in the al-Jab’a village, southwest of Bethlehem, south of occupied Jerusalem in the West Bank.
The mayor of al-Jab’a, Diab Masha’la, stated that the colonizers infiltrated into Palestinian olive orchards, before cutting and uprooted dozens of olive trees that were planted by the Palestinians more than sixty years ago.
The olive orchards, in Saqfan ad-Dabe’, in the southeastern area of the village, are owned by a local farmer, identified as Rifat al-Tous, and his family.
It is worth mentioning that the orchards are isolated behind the illegal Annexation Wall, and family is only allowed to enter them twice a year; during harvest and plowing times.
Israeli soldiers injured, Friday, dozens of Palestinians during the weekly procession in Kufur Qaddoum town, east of the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia.
Morad Eshteiwi, the media spokesperson of the Popular Committee and Fateh Movement in Kufur Qaddoum, said the Palestinians started the procession after conducting noon prayers.
He added that several Israeli army jeeps invaded Kufur Qaddoum, and started firing gas bombs, concussion grenades, and rubber-coated steel bullets at the Palestinians and many surrounding homes.
The attack causing dozens of residents, including those in their homes, to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.
The soldiers also ambushed several Palestinians and tried to abduct them.
The Palestinians have been holding weekly processions for the last eighteen years, demanding the army to reopen the village’s main road which was blockaded to allow easy access to the illegal colonizers, driving to and from Kedumim illegal colony, which was built on stolen Palestinian lands.
Israeli forces shot, and killed an unarmed Palestinian man, and injured several more in the northern West Bank village of Beita, south of Nablus, during a demonstration in rejection of the continued expropriation of Palestinian land.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health announced that soldiers shot Emad Ali Dwaikat, 37, a father of five children, the youngest being only two months old, with a live round in his chest, causing life threatening wounds.
The critically injured man was rushed to Rafidia hospital in Nablus, where he was pronounced dead by medical staff.
The army also targeted a photo-journalist covering the demonstration, shooting him in the knee with a rubber-coated steel round, he was treated by medics on the scene.
Sources confirmed that at least 20 protestors were injured with rubber-coated steel rounds, two were struck with teargas canisters, five suffered from falls while being pursued by soldiers, and 31 people suffered the effects of teargas inhalation.
Hundreds of Palestinians participated in the funeral procession for the father of five, which began at Rafidia hospital and headed towards the slain victim’s home, Quds News Network reported.
WASHINGTON, Friday, August 06, 2021 (WAFA) – Some 3,000 pro-Palestinian activists signed an online petition calling on US President Joe Biden and the US Congress to send a United Nations (UN) protection force to the occupied Palestinian territories.
The petition was created by Stephen Brackens Brinkley, who said that it is intended to “ensure that protection is afforded to the Palestinian people, 50% of whom are children,” while noting that “the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has thus far failed in its obligation to provide safety for these indigenous people suffering under illegal, belligerent occupation.”
The petition urged the US to “stop its indiscriminate and carte blanche defense of apartheid Israel via its UN Security Council veto and let justice be served,” while recalling that the US gives “Israel 4 billion dollars a year to maintain this illegal occupation and this so-called “Defense Aid” is being used against a civilian population.”
“Our complicity in this must stop!” the petition maintained.
It added that
“The Palestinian people have been suffering under a decades-long illegal occupation by Israel. Massive violations of human rights are committed daily by the Israeli military and police and they act with impunity.”
“It is clear that no amount of UN Resolutions will modify their brutality and, indeed, the violations are mounting, with not only the Israeli military and police assaulting Palestinian civilians, but the armed illegal settlers increasingly as well.”
The petition slammed the US for continuing to shield Israel from scrutiny for its serious human rights violations.
“Even with an International Criminal Court investigation upcoming, apartheid Israel continues its pattern of violations, acting with impunity as it believes that the United States will prevent any serious accountability by the world community by using the U.S. veto on the UN Security Council to stop any attempt to hold Israel accountable for its grave crimes. By so doing, the United States becomes complicit in the wrongdoing.”
Nablus (QNN)- Israeli occupation forces have injured over 37 Palestinian protesters on Friday in Beita village in Nablus in the occupied West Bank.
Israeli forces have attacked Palestinian protesters by firing rubber-coated metal bullets, teargas canisters, and live ammunition in the village, resulting in injuring 37.
Among the injuries were a child and a journalist covering the forces’ attacks, as both got injured with the forces’ bullets in their legs.
Beita village becomes a site of weekly protests against the Israeli occupation and settlement expansion, which are often suppressed by Israeli forces.
The occupation authorities evacuated dozens of Israeli settlers from the illegal settlement of Evyatar in Beita, after a deal was reached between a settler leader and the occupation government of new Prime Minister Naftali Bennett.
Yossi Dagan, head of settler organisation the Shomron Regional Council, struck a deal with Israel’s defence minister, Benny Gantz, and interior minister Ayelet Shaked, that will turn Evyatar into a religious school and a military base for the Israeli forces.
‘Israel’ will keep about 50 caravan houses settlers installed in May on Palestinian lands belonging to the residents of the occupied West Bank village of Beita, while settlers would “return” to the land when Israeli occupation authorities designate it as “state-owned.”
In early May, a group of Israeli settlers set up caravans on Jabal Sabih, and with the help of Israeli occupation forces have since prevented any Palestinian access to the area.
Within days, settlers installed mobile houses, built roads and raised an Israeli flag over the settlement.
Since then, Beita has witnessed several protests against the new settler outpost on Jabal Sabih, which lies on the southern outskirts of the village and comprises an estimated 30 percent of Beita’s entire land area.
The livelihoods of at least 17 Palestinian families – more than 100 people – are threatened as they depend on harvesting their olives on land they have owned for generations.