Soldiers Force A Palestinian To Demolish His Home In Jerusalem

Israeli soldiers forced, on Tuesday at dawn, a Palestinian to demolish his own home in Wad Qaddoum neighborhood in Silwan town, in occupied Jerusalem.

Media sources said the soldiers forced Mohammad Nassar Husseini to demolish his own home, under the pretext of being built without a permit, and threatened to impose high fines and fees in addition to the demolition costs if workers of the City Council carry the demolition out.

Husseini stated that his home provided shelter to his family of eight, including several children.

“I feel like my heart is being chopped to pieces,” he said, “But what can we do, we are not the first and unfortunately won’t be the last; the occupation does not want us here, may god help everybody…”

Last week, Israel forced eight Jerusalemite Palestinian families to demolish their homes, after threatening to impose a fine of 200.000 Shekels on each family, also under the pretext of being built without permits.

Israel’s policy of rejecting building permit applications from Palestinians started many years ago and has led to the displacement of hundreds of Palestinian families following the demolition of their homes.

Many Palestinians in the occupied city resort to constructing their homes without permits due to Israel’s continued refusal to issue these permits, while the expanding families find themselves living in small homes or apartments.

This happens while Israel continues to build and expand its illegal, segregated colonies in the occupied West Bank, including Jerusalem, in direct violation of International Law, the Fourth Geneva Convention in addition to various United Nations and Security Council resolutions.

(Source / 13.07.2021)

Geef een antwoord

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *