Nablus (QNN)- 6 Palestinian protesters were injured today by Israeli occupation forces in Beita village in Nablus in the northern of occupied West Bank.
The Palestinian Red Crescent said that 5 Palestinians were injuried as the Israeli forces shot the protesters with rubber-coated bullets.
Another protester also suffocated teargas fired at them by the occupation forces during the protests.
Local sources also said the forces directly attacked a Red Crescent ambulance with a tear gas canister.
The occupation authorities plan to evacuate dozens of Israeli settlers on Friday from the illegal settlement of Evitar in the occupied West Bank, after a deal was reached between a settler leader and the occupation government of new Prime Minister Naftali Bennett.
Yossi Dagan, head of settler organisation the Shomron Regional Council, struck a deal with Israel’s defence minister, Benny Gantz, and interior minister Ayelet Shaked, that will turn Eviatar into a religious school and a military base for the Israeli forces.
‘Israel’ will keep about 50 caravan houses settlers installed in May on Palestinian lands belonging to the residents of the occupied West Bank village of Beita, while settlers would “return” to the land when Israeli occupation authorities designate it as “state-owned.”
In early May, a group of Israeli settlers set up caravans on Jabal Sabih, and with the help of Israeli occupation forces have since prevented any Palestinian access to the area.
Within days, settlers installed mobile houses, built roads and raised an Israeli flag over the settlement.
Since then, Beita has witnessed several protests against the new settler outpost on Jabal Sabih, which lies on the southern outskirts of the village and comprises an estimated 30 percent of Beita’s entire land area.
The livelihoods of at least 17 Palestinian families – more than 100 people – are threatened as they depend on harvesting their olives on land they have owned for generations.
(Source / 02.07.2021)