Israeli Airstrikes Target Sites in Southern Gaza

Israeli warplanes fired missiles into the southern besieged Gaza Strip, early on Wednesday morning, breaking the ceasefire which brought the most recent eruption of violence to an end.

Quds News Network reported that the occupation army attacked Gaza with several airstrikes, targeting alleged resistance sites located in Khan Younis. No casualties were reported.

At the Al-Aqsa Mosque, in occupied East Jerusalem, on Tuesday, Israeli forces detained and wounded several Palestinians, while Israeli settlers held the “Flag-March”, under the protection of 2500 Israeli police.

The provocative march went ahead, on Tuesday, after being cancelled last week due to concerns about the fragile ceasefire.

Prior to the settler march, Israeli forces blocked the Palestinian muslims wishing to pray at the mosque, while allowing the illegal Israeli colonists to march at the flashpoint holy site.

Israeli forces injured more than thirty Palestinians and detained eight, prior to the settler march, assaulting them with batons and rifle butts, the Palestinian WAFA News Agency reported.

The army opened fire with live and rubber-coated steel rounds, and directly targeted an ambulance. Four of the injured were transferred to hospital for the necessary treatment.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Israeli Soldiers Injure 33 Palestinians, Abduct Eight, In Jerusalem

Israeli soldiers injured, Tuesday, more than 33 Palestinians, and abducted at least eight, in several parts of the occupied Palestinian capital, Jerusalem.

Media sources said the soldiers attacked dozens of Palestinians who marched in condemnation of provocative procession by fanatic illegal colonialist settlers.

They added that the soldiers attacked the Palestinian protesters with live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets, gas bombs and concussion grenades, in Bab al-Amoud area and the Old City, wounding 33 Palestinians.

The soldiers also fired live rounds at a Palestinian ambulance, in addition to attacking medics who were trying to render the needed aid to wounded Palestinians. One Palestinian man who had been wounded by live bullets was taken by Israeli soldiers from the paramedics who were trying to administer aid, and arrested.

The Red Crescent Society in Jerusalem said that its crews dealt with 33 injuries during the confrontations with the occupation forces in Bab al-Amud and the vicinity of the Old City, 4 of whom were transferred to the hospital.

In addition, the soldiers assaulted many Palestinians with batons, causing several injuries, and abducted six before moving them to detention centers and interrogation facilities.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers also closed all roads leading to Bab al-Amoud, before stopping and searching dozens of Palestinians, including journalists, and prevented them from entering the area.

The soldiers also forced all Palestinian stores and shops to close, to facilitate the provocative tour and processions of the illegal colonialist settlers.

Furthermore, the soldiers abducted a Palestinian woman, identified as Sabreen Thiab, for waving a Palestinian flag while the colonialist settlers were marching, waving Israeli flags and chanting racist slogans.

The soldiers also abducted Hatem Abdul-Qader, a member of the Revolutionary Council of Fateh movement, while driving his car near Bab al-‘Amoud, and confiscated his car, in addition to summoning many political and social figures for interrogation.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Soldiers Abduct Three Palestinians In Nablus

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Wednesday at dawn, three young Palestinian men from their homes in Beita town, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

Media sources said several army jeeps invaded the town, before the soldiers stormed and searched several homes in a few neighborhoods.

They added that the soldiers abducted three young men, identified as Bara’ Barakat Odeili, Salem Hamayel and his brother Salim.

It is worth mentioning that Salim was recently shot by the soldiers during a procession in Abu Sbeih Mountain, where illegal colonialist settlers occupied the Palestinian lands and installed an outpost.

On Friday, June 11th, the soldiers killed a child, identified Mohammad Sa’id Hamayel, 15, after shooting him with a live round in the heart, and injured more than 110 Palestinians, including 11 who were shot with live rounds, after the army attacked nonviolent protesters in Jabal Abu Sbeih mountain.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Palestinian Dies of Wounds Sustained During Gaza Aggression

In Beit Hanoun, in the northern part of the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian identified as Muayyad Hamdan died of wounds sustained during the recent Israeli airstrikes in May in Gaza.

Medical sources announced the death of Muayyad Hamdan, 37, from Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip, as a result of the serious wounds he sustained during the last Israeli aggression on the Strip.

He was seriously wounded in an Israeli airstrike during the onslaught in May, and

His death brings the death toll of the aggression, which lasted 11 days last May, to 259, including 66 children and 39 women, and 17 elderly people.

Over 50,000 people were driven from their homes during the Israeli bombardment.

Now that the bombing has temporarily ceased, they are still stuck within the open-air prison of the Gaza Strip, in which 2.4 million Palestinians live crowded together in harsh economic conditions due to an Israeli siege that has been in place for fourteen years.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Army Abducts Eight Palestinians In Hebron

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Wednesday at dawn, eight Palestinians, including a former political prisoner, from their homes in several parts of the southern West Bank governorate of Hebron.

The soldiers invaded and searched homes in Hebron city, before abducting Amer Ja’bari, Soheib Hafeth and Emad az-Zaro.

The soldiers also abducted a former political prisoner, identified as Mohammad Zeitoun Halayqa, from his home in Sa’ir town, northeast of Hebron.

In addition, the soldiers abducted Mohammad Arafat Halayqa, from Shiokh town, northeast of Hebron, in addition to Emad Ezreiqat, 26, and Wajdi Tirawi, from Taffouh town, west of Hebron, and Issam Suleiman Atawna, from Beit Kahil, northwest of the city.

During the invasions, the soldiers interrogated many Palestinians across the Hebron governorate, after storming and searching their homes and summoned one Palestinian, identified as Halayqa, for interrogation.

In related news, the soldiers abducted three young Palestinian men from their homes in Beita town, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Israeli Soldiers Abduct Nine Palestinians In Ramallah

Israeli soldiers abducted on Wednesday at dawn, nine Palestinians from their homes in several parts of the central West Bank governorate of Ramallah.

Media sources said several army jeeps invaded Ein Yabrud village, northeast of Ramallah, before the soldiers searched homes and abducted Adel Midyin Hweih, Zahi Hatem Hweih, Ali Shaker Sara, Khalil Soheil Musleh and Akram Mohammad Farid.

They added that the soldiers also invaded and searched homes in Burqa village, east of Ramallah, before abducting Hakam Ahmad Baraka, 22, Ahmad Sultan Tawabeet, 23, Shahin Mustafa Barakat, 20, and Hussein Ismael Abu Samra, 19.

The soldiers also installed several sudden military roadblocks at the entrances of Deir Abu Mashal and Aboud villages, before stopping and searching dozens of cars, and interrogated many Palestinians while inspecting their ID cards.

Furthermore, the soldiers abducted eight Palestinians, including a former political prisoner, from their homes in several parts of the southern West Bank governorate of Hebron.

In related news, the soldiers abducted three young Palestinian men from their homes in Beita town, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

‘Israel’ carries out arrest campaign in Jerusalem, West Bank

 Israeli undercover Shin Bet agents arrest Yara Ma’touq following the Israeli settlers mass raid in occupied Jerusalem on June 16, 2021

West Bank (QNN)- Israeli forces carried out an arrest campaign in the West Bank and occupied Jerusalem today following the Israeli settlers’ raid.

The Israeli army stormed Beita in southern Nablus and arrested a wounded citizen, who has been identified as Salem Hamayel. They also arrested Saleem Hamayel and the former detainee Baraa Adaili.

Beita has been seeing daily confrontations with Israeli forces. The confrontations erupted after settlers started constructing an outpost on Isbeih mountain.

Meanwhile, local sources said Israeli forces arrested former prisoner Muhammad Zaitoun and Muhammad Halaykah after storming their houses in Hebron. They also arrested Imad Izreiqat and Amer Ja’bari.

Israeli forces also arrested former prisoner Waleed Khaled in Salfit. Also, they arrested Adam Idmeri and former prisoner Fadi Sowwan.

In occupied Jerusalem, Israeli forces arrested several citizens after attacking them brutally.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Israeli settlers storm archeological site of Sebastia, declare it off-limit for Palestinians

Nablus (QNN)- Hundreds of Israeli settlers stormed the archeological building in the village of Sebastia in Nablus in the occupied West Bank, today.

Mohammad al-Azem, head of the Sebastia municipality, said that hundreds of settlers forced their way into the site under the protection of the Israeli military, which declared the site off-limit for Palestinians.

al-Azem added that a large unit of Israeli forces raided the village and proceeded to close the site, preventing Palestinians from accessing it, to make room for the settler intrusion.

The forces also deployed in the village streets and occupied the rooftops of several houses near the site.

Al-Azem has said that Israel’s archeological activities in Palestinian territory aim to extend the policy of dispossessing Palestinians of their lands and cultural assets.

Al-Azem has stressed that indigenous of Sebastia will not allow the Israeli occupation to one day steal their heritage and will confront every attempt to take over the lands.

Sebastia is an ancient town dating back 3,000 years. It extends over 5,000 dunums [1,235 acres] and is inhabited by 3,500 people. Herod the Great named the city Sebaste — meaning Augustus — in honor of Roman Emperor Augustus Caesar in 27 B.C.

The city, famous for its dozens of Roman archaeological pieces and sites, continuously faces attacks by Israeli settlers and the Israeli forces, who have their eyes set on its archaeological sites.

In November 2020, Israeli occupation authorities threatened to forcibly remove the 17-meter (56-feet) long Palestinian flagpole erected near the antiquities plaza in the village of Sebastia.

The plaza itself is located in Area B of the West Bank, which is under Palestinian civil control and Israeli military control. ‘Israel’ claims the flagpole provokes the settlers.

In the past years, ‘Israel’ has taken many illegal steps targeting Palestinian heritage sites.

There are nearly 700,000 Israeli settlers living in 256 illegal settlements and outposts scattered across the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem. Israeli settlements are illegal under international law.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Resident of Sheikh Jarrah says Israeli authorities offered him to transplant kidney for giving up his house

Residents of the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood during a protest against the Israeli ethnic cleansing targeting them

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Mazen Al Dweik, a resident at the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, said that the Israeli authorities offered him to leave his house and get a kidney transplant in return.

“They offered many things… another house, money, anything. They even offered to transplant a kidney for me and, in return, I give up my house”, Dweik said.

“From my house, I see the Dome of the Rock every day. This is a great honor that cannot be bought”.

Dweik is one of the families, which are threatened of forced displacement.

In 2007, Israeli authorities claimed that their house has been built without a permit, but they failed to steal it. They could not prove their claims at their supreme court.

“Only one year later, they ordered us to evacuate our house”, Dweik said. “They claimed that the land was owned by Jewish Yemenis”.

“We will never give up our houses. I wish to die before I do such thing. These are our houses and we will resist despite the pressure”.

(Source / 16.06.2021)

Israeli’s new UK passport lists birthplace as ‘Occupied Palestinian Territories’

An Israeli woman with British citizenship said on Wednesday that her new UK passport lists her birthplace as the “Occupied Palestinian Territories.”

Ayelet Balaban, whose father is British, was born at the Hadassah Medical Center in occupied Jerusalem.

“I was shocked to see that my place of birth was changed from Jerusalem to Occupied Palestinian Territories,” she told The Times of Israel.

The Israeli woman told the Times of Israel that her brother, who renewed his British passport two years ago, was still listed as being born in “Jerusalem,” leading her to believe that this could be a new policy.

She said she emailed Israeli Ambassador to the UK Tzipi Hotovely to seek an explanation, but has yet to hear back.

The Israeli woman said she applied for her new passport online and said she sent the old one by mail to the UK on May 23.

She said she received her new documentation back on Monday night, with her birthplace as the “Occupied Palestinian Territories.”

The Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip, West Bank and East Jerusalem have been illegally occupied by Israel since 1967.

Last year, in November, Jerusalem was listed as a separate entity from ‘Israel’ in the UK’s updated list of countries from where you can travel to England and may not have to self-isolate.

Absolutely inappropriate to list ‘Jerusalem’ as a separate country. We have taken this up with ⁦@FCDOGovUK⁩ this morning & they are urgently reviewing it.

https://gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors

Afbeelding

(Source / 16.06.2021)