Gaza Strip (QNN)- A total of 1,200 unexploded missiles, as well as tank and artillery shells, fired by Israeli forces during its recent aggression on the Gaza Strip, were destroyed on Saturday, local authorities said.
Explosive engineering teams continue to dispose of what remained of the 11-day Israeli bombardment in different regions, Muhammad Miqdad, an explosive engineer under Gaza’s Interior Ministry, told Anadolu Agency.
Miqdad said that if the bombs dropped by ‘Israel’ had exploded then, they would have caused a massacre in nearby areas.
Highlighting the poor working conditions, he called on international organizations, such as the International Committee of the Red Cross, to monitor work in the field and provide the necessary equipment.
He said that ‘Israel’ blocks entry of protective equipment used by bomb disposal teams in the Gaza Strip and added that this made their work harder.
19 families in the Gaza Strip have been wiped off the population civil registry during Israel’s 11-day aggression, the Palestinian Health Ministry said, including 41 children and 25 women.
Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip started on May 10 and ended with a ceasefire brokered by mediator Egypt on May 21, killing at least 279 Palestinians, including 69 children and 40 women and injuring 1,910 others.
More than 90,000 Palestinians were displaced from their homes, and much of Gaza’s infrastructure and many residential buildings were completely destroyed or levelled.
Health centres, media offices, as well as schools were among the structures targeted during the 11-days of constant bombardment.
Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Israeli forces arrested 17 citizens throughout the West Bank and Jerusalem, including former prisoners, and allowed a raid by dozens of Israeli extremists into Al Aqsa mosque this morning.
The Prisoners’ Information Office said that Israeli forces arrested the former prisoner Ashraf Abu I’ram from Birzeit after beating him up. Ashraf’s brother, Ayman, has been under administrative detention for nearly a month so far.
In the same vein, Israeli occupation forces arrested the former prisoner Rami Fadyel from Tireh in ramallah, and Majd Ramahi and Ata Shrakah from the Jalazoun refugee camp in Ramallah.
In Jerusalem, Israeli force assaulted several citizens, wounding some of them, before they arrested Abdullah Hashlamon, Abdurrahman Abu asab, Muhammad Abu Asab, and Adam Dob Laban.
Also, Mahdi salameh, Ahmad Rokon, Riyad Ghazzawwi, Muhammad Younis, and Abdurrazzaq Siyam got arrested near Al Aqsa mosque.
Meanwwhile, Israeli forces allowed and guarded a raid into Al Aqsa mosque by dozens of extremist settlers.
Local sirces said dozens of Jewish fanatics carried out provocative woursthroughout the holy mosque this morning.
Israel’s attorney general informed the Supreme Court on Monday he will not intervene in the high-profile eviction case before the court against Palestinian families of the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem.
Officials in Avichai Mendelblit’s office say they believe the families’ case is too weak and that his legal opinion would not be able to prevent their pending eviction, Haaretz reported
A source close to Mendelblit told Haaretz that the political leadership backs the decision to refrain from arguing before the court on behalf of the occupation state.
In a statement, Mendeblit cited “a multiplicity of legal cases over the years” and “the factual and legal determinations” concerning the Sheikh Jarrah plots as a reason for his decision, claiming any arguments made by him in this case are unlikely to change its outcome.
Mendelblit’s statement now means the court isn’t expected to wait for any other material before ruling on the case.
Peace Now criticized Mendelblit’s decision in a statement, calling it “a cynical attempt to evade responsibility.” It called on the state “to present to the public and to the court its stance, as families are thrown out into the street by employing a set of laws that discriminates between Israelis and Palestinians.”
Last May, Mandelblit asked the court for a deferral of at least two weeks so he might weigh taking part in the case.
On Saturday, Israeli media reported that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Justice Minister Benny Gantz are seeking to delay the court hearing on the pending eviction of Palestinian families.
Sheikh Jarrah has been cited as one of the most issues sparked attention and condemnation around the world, as several countries slammed Israeli occupation forces and settlers violence against Palestinians in the Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood and al-Aqsa Mosque, calling ‘Israel’ to cease evictions and violence, including the US, Egypt, Belgium, Russia, and Turkey.
“It is critical to avoid steps that exacerbate tensions or take us farther away from peace. This includes evictions in East Jerusalem, settlement activity, home demolitions, and acts of terrorism,” The US State Department said in a statement.
The US also urged both Palestinian and Israeli officials “to act decisively to deescalate tensions and bring a halt to the violence. It is absolutely critical that all sides exercise restraint, refrain from provocative actions and rhetoric, and preserve the historic status quo on the Haram al-Sharif in word and in practice.”
Dozens of Palestinians are facing imminent eviction from their homes in the Sheikh Jarrah, in a move to force them out and replace it entirely with an Israeli settlement.
The Israeli Supreme Court ruled at least six families must vacate their homes in Sheikh Jarrah last Sunday, despite living there for generations, to make way for a new Israeli settlement known as Shimon HaTsadiq.
However, the Court on Sunday gave the Palestinian families until Thursday to reach a deal with Israeli settlers regarding the ownership of their homes.
The deal proposed by the court requires the Palestinian families to pay the Israeli settlers to rent their homes until the current owners pass away and then assign the properties to the settlers, not to their heirs.
The families refused this proposal, considering it a recognition of the claimed demands of the settlers.
In February, the Court also rejected an appeal by four Palestinian families living in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood against their eviction from their homes. The court upheld the eviction order, and it gave the four families until May 2 to implement the eviction decision.
The same court ruled seven other families should leave their homes by August 1.
The Court decided today to postpone the ruling regarding the eviction of the families till May 10.
The Palestinian families from the Sheikh Jarrah told the Supreme Israeli Court today that no compromise has been reached with Israeli settlers concerning land and house ownership claims by the latter.
Sami Irsheid, the lawyer of Sheikh Jarrah families, said he had submitted to the court a notification that no agreement was made with the settlers concerning their alleged ownership claims, and said the families were waiting for the court’s ruling concerning the matter at any time today or later on.
He said the court will also look into another appeal request from three other families whose eviction is scheduled for July 1.
A plan for the settlement, consisting of 200 housing units on 18 dunums, has already been submitted to the Israeli municipality in Jerusalem.
In total, 58 people, including 17 children, are set to be forcibly displaced to make way for Israeli settlers.
In 1972, several Israeli settler organisations filed a lawsuit against the Palestinian families living in Sheikh Jarrah, alleging the land originally belonged to Jews.
These groups, mostly funded by donors from the United States, have waged a relentless battle that resulted in the displacement of 43 Palestinians in 2002, as well as the Hanoun and Ghawi families in 2008 and the Shamasneh family in 2017.
Within the past days, the settlers and forces used violence by attacking and arresting several Palestinians demonstrating against Israel’s evictions of the families from their homes in the neighborhood.
Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Dozens Israeli settlers broke into the courtyards of the Al-Aqsa Mosque in the occupied Jerusalem today.
Under the occupation forces protection, 106 Israeli settlers stormed the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque, 72 settlers during the morning break-in sessions and 34 during the afternoon break-in sessions.
The settlers entered through the Al-Mughrabi Gate and were provoking the Palestinian worshipers in the mosque courtyards by performing Talmudic prayers before they left it through the Al-Silsila Gate.
Local sources said the settlers also put up a sign at the Al-Mughrabi Gate that says “Hallel Gate”, in a reference to Hallel Ariel, a female Israeli settler killed in 2006 in the Israeli settlement of Kiryat Arba in Hebron in the occupied West Bank, in an attempt to judaize the holy site.
Israeli forces always attack and assault Palestinian worhipers at the courtyards of the Mosque with sound grenades, rubber bullets and pepper gas.
The forces also station at the gates of the mosque and deatin dozens of Palestinian young men and boys, after assaulting them.
Israeli occupation authorities allow settler incursions to the mosque since 2003, despite repeated objections and warnings by the Palestinian religious authorities as the visits provoke worshippers of the mosque.
Al-Aqsa Mosque is the third holiest site in Islam which located in occupied Jerusalem.
Occupied Palestine (QNN)- The Palestinian visual artist Jawad Ibrahim withdrew his participation in the International Festival “Salt City of Masters” in Russia after finding out that the occupation state is also taking part in the festival.
Jawad Ibrahim, From Ya’bad in the West Bank city of Jenin, said that he was surprised to find Israeli artists in the festival, which pushed him to withdraw from it.
“I am Palestinian and I refuse any participation or cooperation with any person, [who] belongs to a terrorist and apartheid occupying state”, Ibrahim wrote to the festival’s organizers.
He also said that the organizers of the festival, which hosts over 250 artists, asked for samples of his works only to view them but he as surprised that the organizers, which were incomplete yet, have been presented for the audience and won the first prize of the festival.
Gaza (QNN)- The leadership of the Joint Chamber of the Resistance in Gaza said that it is observing the behavior of the Zionist enemy in the Palestinian capital city and that it will be ready to fight if the enemy decides to go back to before May 11.
The resistance also called on the Palestinian people in the occupied Jerusalem, West Bank and the 1948-occupied land to continue their uprising against the Israeli occupation, promising to back them in their struggle for freedom.
The Palestinian Resistance also promised that it will back the Palestinians in their struggle for freedom.
The Joint Chamber’s statement came amid reports that the Israeli ‘Flag March’ may take place next Thursday and also amid the ongoing Israeli violence against residents of the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem.
Israel’s latest crackdown on journalists has been condemned by the Foreign Press Association (FPA) following a number of high-profile arrests over the weekend. The international body, whose members include major news outlets including Reuters and the New York Times, called on Israel to stop its threat and intimidation of journalists.
“We call upon the Israeli government to allow free and independent coverage of the operation in Palestinian Authority areas,” the FPA said after Israel declared Ramallah City a “closed military zone” and threatened to forcibly remove foreigners. The comment followed Saturday’s arrest of Givara Budeiri, an Al Jazeera correspondent.
FPA pointed out that eyewitnesses and video footage show that Budeiri was arrested without provocation. Although the reporter was wearing a protective vest identifying her as a press officer, Israeli Police refused to allow the Al Jazeera correspondent to return to her car to show them an Israeli-issued press credential.
The treatment of Budeiri was “the latest in a long line of heavy-handed tactics by Israeli police” against the media in recent weeks, FPA added denouncing Israel’s ongoing aggression against journalists. It claimed that journalists have been hit by stun grenades, tear gas, sponge-tipped metal bullets, and putrid-smelling water.
Israel has given no indication that it is willing to listen to the FPA, which represents hundreds of journalists working for international news organisations. On 26 May, the FPA sent a letter to the Israeli authorities requesting respect for journalists. This request, however, is said to have been completely ignored.
“We call on police to punish the officers who needlessly injured an experienced journalist and broke professional equipment. And once again, we urge police to uphold Israel’s pledges to respect freedom of the press and to allow journalists to do their jobs freely and without fear of injury and intimidation,” the FPA said.
Al Jazeera denounced Israel’s assault of Budeiri and said that the reporter had to be treated in hospital for a broken hand and bruises caused by occupation officers who were captured on camera assaulting her.
The latest crackdown is part of what many say is a concerted campaign by Israel to silence critics and journalists from exposing the brutality of its decades-old military occupation. During Israel’s 11-day bombardment of Gaza last month, at least 170 Palestinian journalists were injured, and 33 media organisations bombed.
It was also during Israel’s latest aggression on the besieged population of Gaza that the occupation state carried out one of the most shameful attacks on journalists by decimating the 13-story Al-Jalaa tower which housed foreign media including Al Jazeera and the Associated Press.
The Washington Post published a report following the bombing of Al-Jalaa Tower arguing that Israel’s attacks on journalists are “not new” and that it had previously “launched a campaign to intimidate Western reporters.”
Days of Palestine – Jerusalem -This evening, Saturday, the Israeli occupation forces attacked a peaceful sit-in in Sheikh Jarrah in occupied Jerusalem, denouncing the intention of the occupation to displace the family of the martyr Omar Al-Qasim.
Eyewitnesses reported that the Israeli occupation soldiers attacked the participants in the sit-in and arrested Al-Jazeera correspondent Guevara Al-Budairi and destroyed the camera of the channel’s crew.
Al-Maqdisi lawyer Hamza Quttineh said that the occupation’s attack on journalists came after the occupation and its settlers exposed their true ugly face to world opinion, in light of the colossal local and international media efforts in documenting the crimes of the occupation for several months.
Qutaineh pointed out that the occupation chose for itself a new enemy for targeting and revenge, which is the press and media crews in order to terrorize them and discourage them from doing their job, and in order to conceal and falsify facts and market its false narrative.
Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood witnesses daily confrontations between the occupation forces and its settlers, and between the residents of the neighbourhood, the Jerusalemites, the youth and the solidarity activists, who stand up to the settlers’ incursions and attacks, and affirm their steadfastness in their homes and land.
The 500 Jerusalemites who live in 28 houses in the neighborhood are at risk of displacement at the hands of settlement associations after years of complicity with the occupation courts, which recently issued a decision against seven families to be displaced, despite the fact that the residents of the neighborhood are the actual and legal owners of the land.
In recent days, the Israeli occupation forces escalated the arrests of dozens of Jerusalemites and Palestinians inside the occupied territories, against the background of the marches and protests they witnessed against the crimes of the occupation in Jerusalem and Gaza.
Israeli occupation targets Jerusalemites through arrests, deportations and fines, with the aim of keeping them away from Al-Aqsa Mosque, and leaving it as a pretext for settlement ambitions.
Muna Al-Kurd and her brother, Muhammad, played a major role in drawing attention to the attempts to seize the homes of the people of the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, which sparked Arab and international sympathy with the owners of the houses and drew attention to the ethnic cleansing practiced by the occupying state in occupied Palestine, especially East Jerusalem.
A video recording of the arrest, which took place on the morning of Sunday, June 6, showed the Israeli occupation forces arresting Muna from inside the house and reviewing the papers of her elderly parents, while the occupation soldiers took her to an unknown destination.
During the past weeks, the Israeli security forces expanded the arrest of activists, journalists, and solidarity with the residents of Sheikh Jarrah, whose occupation state seeks to facilitate the settlers’ seizure of their homes.
Israeli occupation forces arrested Al-Jazeera correspondent Guevara Al-Budairi on the evening of Saturday, June 5, and destroyed and confiscated filming equipment with her crew, and released her hours later.
Israeli occupation forces restrict anyone who transfers the status of the siege imposed on the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, which the Israeli security forces closed with checkpoints and prevented journalists holding work permits from the Palestinian Journalists Syndicate from entering it.
Israeli settlers and the Israeli judicial system threaten to seize the homes of the residents of Sheikh Jarrah and the village of Silwan, who are threatened with forced displacement, as part of the plan to Judaize Jerusalem.
Days of Palestine – Ramallah – Today, Monday, the Israeli occupation forces launched a massive arrest campaign against 17 citizens of the West Bank.
In Jerusalem, the Israeli occupation forces arrested seven citizens, they are Abdullah Al-Hashlamoun, Abdul Rahman Abu Asab, Adam Subab Laban, Muhammad Abu Asab, Riyad Al-Ghazawi from Al-Qarmi neighborhood in the Old City, Muhammad Yunus Abdul Raziq Siam from Al-Thawri neighborhood, who is an ex-prisoner, and Mahdi Salameh from Shuafat camp.
From Hebron, the Israeli occupation forces arrested four citizens who identified as Fahd Hani al-Zaatari, an academic assistant at Al-Quds Open University, Jawad Ayoub Abu Sobeih (48 years), his son, a university student, Tariq (26 years), and Muayyad Sami al-Sharbi, from Al-Aroub refugee camp.
From Ramallah, the Israeli occupation forces arrested four young men, and they are the two freed prisoners, Rami Fadayel from Al-Tira neighborhood in Ramallah, and Ashraf Abu Aram from Birzeit town, in addition to the two young men, Majd Al-Ramahi, and Atta Sharakah from Al-Jalazun camp, northeast of Ramallah.
From Bethlehem, the Israeli occupation forces arrested two wounded boys from the town of Al-Khader: Khaled Muhammad Ghoneim (17 years old) and Muhammad Rami Salah (16 years old).
An estimated 4,500 Palestinians are believed to be held in Israeli prisons, including 41 women, 140 minors, and 440 administrative detainees, according to data compiled by organizations on the rights of prisoners.