Israeli Soldiers Injure Three Palestinians, Abduct Another, Near Jenin

Israeli soldiers injured, Monday, three Palestinians, and abducted one, in Jenin governorate, in northern West Bank.

Medical sources have confirmed that the soldiers shot, on Monday evening, a young man, from Sielet al-Harithiya town, northwest of Jenin, while he was walking near the Annexation Wall near Barta’a town, southwest of Jenin.

They added that the young man was shot with a live round in the leg, before he was rushed to a local hospital.

On Monday evening, the soldiers abducted Anas Jamal Khatib, 27, from Barta’a, after stopping him at a military roadblock at the entrance of his town, while he was heading back home.

On Monday morning, the soldiers shot two young men from Arraba and Aneen towns, southwest and west of Jenin, also while walking near the Annexation Wall near Barta’a town.

In related news, the soldiers abducted three young Palestinian men in the at-Tour town, in occupied East Jerusalem, in the West Bank, and one in Tulkarem, in northern West Bank.

(Source / 02.02.2021)

PNN: “UNRWA anticipates US resumption of financial support “

January 31, 2021 (PNN) – UNRWA spokesperson Sami Mushasha’a expected, within days, that the United States of America will announce the official return of the financial donation to the agency, which was the largest donor until 2017, at $ 360 million, which is a quarter of the agency’s budget.

In an interview with “Voice of Palestine” radio, this morning, Mushasha’a said that the return of the US donation to the agency will help the agency to solve the financial crisis to some extent, but it will not solve the problem permanently, adding that the interruption of this donation during the Trump era did not affect the donations made. Donor countries such as Arab and Islamic countries, the European Union, and some Asian countries, such as Japan.

Mushasha’a pointed out that the agency’s total deficit is $ 215 million, indicating that a budget of $ 1.3 billion for UNRWA has been launched, including $ 800 million for the regular budget, which is the same budget for the past year, and that the services the agency provided is not of the required standard.

He said that a distress appeal would be launched regarding the occupied Palestinian territories and the other related to Syria with a value of $ 550 million, stressing that the support for this appeal last year was weak and affected the agency’s services.

Mushasha’a added that Jordan and Sweden are working on holding a large international conference, which has been preparing for some time with friendly countries, with the aim of translating political support to a sustainable, multi-year financial support, to restore health to UNRWA services.

(Source / 02.02.2021)

Settlers Damage 15 Palestinian-owned Vehicles, 3 Homes near Salfit

Fifteen Palestinian-owned vehicles and three homes were vandalized, on Monday, by illegal Israeli settlers in Kifl Hares town, west of Salfit, in the northern occupied West Bank, Palestinian WAFA News Agency reported.

Issam Abu Yacoub, the mayor of Kifl Hares said that illegal settlers stormed the town, under the cover of the Israeli army, adding that the assailants threw rocks at homes and vehicles, breaking windows of 3 homes and damaging 15 vehicles, until residents forced them to leave.

in related context, illegal colonists were also seen erecting a caravan on Palestinian lands, near Biddya village, northwest of Salfit, witnesses told WAFA.

They stated that at 3:30 am Sunday morning, 3 settler vehicles were seen transporting a caravan to the Khallet Hassan area, located on the outskirts of Biddya village.

In a statement, the Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates appealed, on Saturday, to the United Nations (UN) Secretary-General, António Guterres, and the UN Security Council to fulfil their duties and provide the Palestinian people with protection against settler attacks.

According to Article 4 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, Relative to the protection of civilian persons in time of war;

“Persons protected by the Convention are those who at a given moment and in any manner whatsoever, find themselves, in case of a conflict or occupation, in the hands of a Party to the conflict or Occupying Power of which they are not nationals.”

(Source / 02.02.2021)

‘Zionist’, ‘Zionism’ added by Facebook to protected terms list

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Facebook has added the terms ‘Zionist’ and ‘Zionism’ to its list of protected terms that are not allowed to be criticized on the platform, said Sada Social.

Facebook’s move comes as part of its ongoing campaign, dealing with the occupation government in stifle on the Palestinian content. Both terms have been included within Facebook’s policy against ‘hate speech’, allowing its algorithms detect and delete everything related to the terms.

Social media platforms have carried out 28 violations against the Palestinian content during the first month of 2021, according to Sada Social.

A statement by the watchdog stated that the violations include 17 violations by Facebook, 7 by Twitter, two by Tik Tok, and two by Instagram.

Sada Social also documented an attack on the website of the international The Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS), in an attempt to block its service and prevent them from proceeding with their work.

Facebook has been targeting the Palestinian content, decreasing the Palestinian pages reach to less than 50%. Facebook also puts terms like ‘Hamas, resistance, Hezbollah, and Jihad’ on its restricted words list, deleting all posts that include any of the terms even if they were news posts.

Meanwhile, Sada Social has succeeded to return 10 Palestinian accounts on Twitter, including four for the Quds News Network, an account for Al-Rai Agency, and an account for the Capital News Network – Palestine.

(Source / 02.02.2021)

The third in two days: Israeli drone downed in Gaza

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- The Israeli occupation army on Tuesday said a third drone was downed in eastern Khan Yunis in the Gaza strip.

Local sources said the resistance seized a drone that fell in eastern Khan Yunis. The drone is the third in two days only.

On Sunday, an Israeli drone was downed near Beit Hanoun (Erez) and seized by the resistance.

In Lebanon, Hezbollah announced that it downed an Israeli drone over Blida in the South yesterday.

An Israeli military analyst of Walla website said the Israeli army should not deal with the downing of its drones as “simple incidents”. He called the incidents a battle over “the freedom of movement in the airspace”.

The Israeli army uses different kinds of drones in spying and in military operations.

(Source / 02.02.2021)

Israeli police kill two Palestinians in Tamra

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Israeli cops last night killed two young Palestinians in the occupied city of Tamra inside the Green Line.

Local sources said Israeli cops randomly opened fire at the houses, killing the two young men.

The Israeli crime came after Adham Ibzeigh in occupied Nazareth succumbed to wounds he sustained during a shooting.

One of the victims of the brutality of the Israeli police have been identified as Ahmad Hijazi, who was visiting a friend in the area.

Following the murder of the young men, locals clashed with Israeli police. The police used stun and tear gas bombs to repress locals.

The municipality of Tamra declared a general strike in protest against the murder of the young men.

(Source / 02.02.2021)

The occupation storms the archaeological site in Sebastia north of Nablus

Days of Palestine – Nablus – The Israeli occupation forces on Tuesday stormed the archaeological site in Sebastia, north of Nablus.

Sebastia Mayor, Muhammad Azimm, said that the occupation forces, with military reinforcements, stormed the archaeological site in the town, amidst strict protection measures.

Read More: The occupation forces detain four Palestinians from Sebastia

He added that there are concerns about the plan to control the archaeological site, especially after the occupation government decided to allocate millions of shekels to control archaeological sites, in cooperation with the Settlements Council.

Read More: Israel storms the town of Ya’bad , southwest of Jenin

(Source / 02.02.2021)

Palestine records 513 new Covid-19 cases, 9 deaths

Days of Palestine – Ramallah – Palestine today recorded  513 new coronavirus cases, 9 deaths and 502 patients have recovered, according to Health Minister Mai al-Kaileh.

Al-Kaileh identified the new deaths as eight deaths from the West Bank and one death from the Gaza Strip. The West Bank deaths were distributed as follows: Jericho (1), Jenin (1), Nablus (1), Ramallah & al-Bireh (1), Hebron (2), Jerusalem (1), and Tulkarm (1).  

Read More: Palestine records 1,191 new Covid-19 cases, 20 deaths, and 1,804 recoveries

She said that the new cases were recorded as follows: “The suburbs of Jerusalem (31), Tulkarm (26), Bethlehem (48), Salfit (22), Jericho and Al Aghwar (10), Nablus (57), Hebron (29), Ram Allah and Al-Bireh (110), Tubas (13), Qalqilya (5), Jenin (19), Gaza Strip (143).”

She added that the new recovery cases were divided according to the following: “The suburbs of Jerusalem (0), Tulkarm (20), Bethlehem (17), Salfit (4), Jericho and Al Aghwar (5), Nablus (41), Hebron (35), Ramallah. And Al-Bireh (68), Tubas (11), Qalqilya (6), Jenin (15), Gaza Strip (280).

Read More: Palestine records 524 Covid-19 cases, 8 deaths

Alkaila said 54 corona patients are in intensive care, among them 16 on respirators.

Recoveries account for 94.0 percent of total cases since the pandemic outbreak in March, active cases for 4.9 percent, and the death toll accounts for 1.1 percent.

(Source / 02.02.2021)

The occupation detains four Palestinians from Nablus

Days of Palestine – Nablus – The Israeli occupation forces detained, at dawn today, Tuesday, four Palestinian citizens of Nablus governorate.

Read More: The occupation detains a Palestinian man and his wife in Jerusalem

Local sources said that the occupation stormed the vicinity of Balata camp, east of Nablus, and raided many citizens’ homes, and arrested three of them: Muhammad Nasser Hashash, Saleh Muhammad Abu Asab, and Ahmed Riad Hashash.

Read More: The occupation forces detain four Palestinians from Sebastia

The occupation forces stormed the village of Al-Aqrabaniyah, east of the governorate, and arrested Saleh Ali Ahmed Issa, a resident of the village.

(Source / 02.02.2021)

The occupation removes 40 stalls north of Jenin

Days of Palestine – Jenin – Today, Tuesday, the Israeli occupation forces removed 40 stalls for selling vegetables and fruits near the Jalameh crossing, north of Jenin.

The village council of Jalameh and the owners of the stalls said that the occupation forces removed 40 stalls and sheds near the crossing, after seizing their contents of vegetables, fruits, vehicles, and plates of “zinco”, under the pretext of their proximity to the crossing. 

Read More: The occupation forces injure a Palestinian north of Tulkarm

The owners of the stalls said that their losses were estimated at more than 30,000 shekels.

Read More: Israeli forces arrest tow Palestinians during clashes north of Tulkarm

(Source / 02.02.2021)