Hamas ready to resume intra Palestinian dialogue

Hamas spokesman Hossam Badran
Member of Hamas Political Bureau, Hossam Badran 

Hamas is ready to resume intra Palestinian dialogue, head of the movement’s National Relations Office Husam Badran stressed yesterday.

“Hamas hails the five factions’ call to continue dialogue and renew the Palestinian secretaries-general’s meeting and keenness on achieving Palestinian unity in the face of the challenges threatening the homeland and national constants,” Badran said in a statement, in reference to the outcomes of a meeting held by five Palestinian factions in Damascus on Saturday.

Badran added: “Hamas accepts all articles of the statement and reiterates its constant stance on national unity and willingness to continue the comprehensive Palestinian national dialogue in order to complete the national Palestinian programmes.”

Badran outlined the programmes as being: “Restoring Palestinian national unity and rearranging Palestinian national institutions, including the PLO, on the basis of national partnership and according to the national constants agreed upon in the secretaries-general’s meeting.”

In separate remarks, Badran said that the Palestinian cause is facing unprecedented challenges, including the ‘deal of the century‘ and normalisation agreements between some Arab regimes and the Israeli occupation.

READ: Hamas hails Saudi criticism of Israel

“No one can abolish the Palestinian cause as they please,” Badran said. “No one can talk in the name of the Palestinian people except for the Palestinian people themselves.”

Palestinian unity is the most important tool to counter the Israeli occupation, Badran stressed, adding that talks with Fatah are underway to achieve this.

However, the Palestinian Authority’s decision to restore security coordination with the occupation was a “painful blow to the latest round of dialogue”, Badran said, adding that it led to a “real crisis”.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Turkey charities distribute aid to Palestine refugees in Lebanon

Syrian children are seen at a refugee camp in Beirut, Lebanon on March 21, 2017 (Ratib Al Safadi - Anadolu Agency )
Children are seen at a refugee camp in Beirut, Lebanon on 21 March, 2017 

Turkish charities have been providing various aid to hundreds of Palestinian refugee families living under difficult conditions in camps in different regions of Lebanon, Anadolu news agency reported yesterday.

The Humanitarian Relief Foundation (IHH) based in Istanbul distributed diesel fuel to more than 350 families living in the Burj Al-Barajnah camp in the capital Beirut and Al-Jalil camp in Baalbek.

At the same time, IHH provided food and personal care items to 250 families and financial support for many unemployed refugees in those camps.

Ahmad Abu Husain, who had been unemployed for over a year and recently started to work again with the charity’s donation of a rickshaw, expressed his happiness, thanking the Turkish benefactors.

READ: In crippled Lebanon, are refugees being left behind?

With its battery-powered lighting project, the Sadakatasi Association provided a solution to the electricity shortage of Palestinian refugees who spend most of the day in the dark due to the chronic power outages in Lebanon.

Kemal Ozdal, the head of the association, said the project will provide a constant electricity supply for the refugees’ homes.

More than 483,000 Palestinian refugees live in 12 camps in Lebanon. The number rises to 600,000 when unregistered refugees are taken into account, according to UN data.

Approximately 62 per cent of the Palestinian refugees, who make up about ten per cent of Lebanon’s population, live in these camps, where infrastructure and social facilities are very limited.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Israel settlers escalate their attacks against Palestinians in West Bank

Palestinians try to extinguish a fire in an olive grove after it was set alight by settlers from a near by Jewish settlement close to the West Bank village of Burin [Wagdi Eshtayah/Anadolu Agency]
Palestinians try to extinguish a fire after it was set alight by Israeli settlers in the West Bank on 30 June 2018 

Israeli settlers escalated their attacks against Palestinians across the occupied West Bank, Al-Quds Al-Arabi reported yesterday.

On Saturday night, a group of Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian homes in Sa’ir neighbourhood in the West Bank city of Hebron. They raided homes and attacked people and threatened to set their properties on fire.

In Hebron’s Tel Rumeida neighbourhood, the settlers also attacked Palestinian journalist Muhannad Qafisha, bruising him in the head before he was detained by the Israeli occupation forces.

Last night, a number of Jewish settlers raided Al-Odeesa neighbourhood in the east of Hebron and threatened to kill Palestinians and burn their homes.

Meanwhile, Israeli occupation forces set up military checkpoints at the entrances of the villages of Beit Awa, Kharsa and Wadi Obeid in the west of Hebron, and at the entrance of Halhoul in the north of Hebron. They humiliated Palestinians and inspected their vehicles.

READ: Is it necessary for Israel to investigate the shootings of Palestinian children?

In Qalqilya, Israeli occupation forces shot Palestinian youth with rubber coated steel bullet and fired tear gas canisters at residents. Meanwhile, in Bethlehem, they detained five Palestinians after raiding their homes.

Settlers, led by the former Member of the Knesset Yehuda Glick, stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque and performed Jewish rituals in the Islamic holy site.

Since the start of this year, Israeli occupation forces have demolished and seized more than 689 Palestinian houses in the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem, according to UN data.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Haniyeh uses Hamas anniversary to expound position on resistance

Hamas Political Chief Ismail Haniyeh makes a speech as holds a press conference in Moscow, Russia on 4 March 2020. [Sefa Karacan - Anadolu Agency]
Hamas Political Chief Ismail Haniyeh in Moscow, Russia on 4 March 2020 

The Head of the Hamas Political Bureau said on Sunday evening that the movement has rehabilitated the option of resistance in all forms and has made its mark on the Palestinian struggle. Ismail Haniyeh made his comments during a televised speech to mark the 33rd anniversary of the founding of the Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement.

“Hamas has helped to make resistance a strategic option by convincing our people and Ummah that it is a fruitful option,” explained Haniyeh. He pointed out that Hamas and all the other national and Islamic factions have remained committed to the constants of the Palestinian cause. “Hamas is committed to this option and strategy.”

This year’s anniversary comes amid enormous developments and variables that have affected the cause and, indeed, the Arab and Muslim world, said the former democratically-elected Prime Minister. He called for regional events to be considered thoroughly in order to challenge the Israeli occupation.

Haniyeh insisted that ever since its foundation, Hamas has upheld Palestinian unity, reconciliation and partnership among all Palestinians. He called for an end to division and for the restructuring of all political and national bodies, including the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) and institutions conducting Palestinian affairs at home and abroad.

READ: Hamas ready to resume intra Palestinian dialogue

Regretting the Palestinian Authority’s decision to restore ties with the Israeli occupation, he pointed out that this was an enormous obstacle to a breakthrough in unity talks. The Hamas leader added that the movement had made all the concessions necessary to achieve a breakthrough in reconciliation.

“Today we’re facing very serious projects intended to liquidate the Palestinian cause, either through the ‘deal of the century’, annexation or normalisation,” Haniyeh continued. He denounced normalisation between some Arab countries and the Israeli occupation as a crime that paves the way for the Israeli occupation to undermine the Arabs and Muslims, and assert its dominance in the region.

“The challenges are enormous and the dangers are real. However, we are confident that the occupation is doomed to end and that the Palestinian people will establish their full sovereign, independent state on all of the Palestinian territories.”

In his speech, Haniyeh also touched on the issue of Palestinians held prisoner by Israel. Hamas and the other factions, he said, are sparing no effort in trying to obtain their release. He expressed his confidence that a new prisoner swap deal can be agreed.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Two Palestinian Brothers Forced to Demolish Homes in Jerusalem

Deze afbeelding heeft een leeg alt-atribuut; de bestandsnaam is Screen-Shot-2020-12-13-at-11.27.10-AM-e1607879912635.png

Two Palestinian brothers demolished, Saturday, the second floor of their house, as ordered by the Israeli authorities in occupied East Jerusalem, the Palestinian Information Center reported.

Mohamed and Mahmoud al-Khales, were forced to tear down the second floor, which contained two apartments, in the Silwan neighborhood in East Jerusalem, after Israeli courts rejected their appeal.

The pretext used by the authorities was the alleged “unlicensed” construction of the apartments on the second floor. The occupation threatens high fines and penalties if they demolish the home.about:blankFacebook URL

Ingesloten inhoud van facebook.com kan niet worden bekeken in de editor.

Furthermore, Israeli soldiers delivered, Sunday, stop construction orders to five Palestinians in the village of Qaryout, south of Nablus, in the occupied northern West Bank.

Ghassan Daghlas, an official monitor of Israeli violations, told Palestinian News and Information Agency (WAFA) that the pretext used, was a lack of the elusive Israeli building permit.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Israeli Settlers Burn 400 Olive Trees South of Hebron

Illegal Israeli settlers, Sunday, burned hundreds of Palestinian-owned olive trees near Yatta town, south of Hebron in the southern occupied West Bank.

Rateb Jabour, Coordinator of the Popular Resistance, told Palestinian WAFA News Agency that a group of Israeli colonialist settlers from the nearby illegal Mitzpe Yair colony, were witnessed throwing unidentified devices into the olive grove, which belongs to the local al-Dababseh family.

It was estimated that 400 olive trees were burnt before the Palestinian Civil Defense was able to extinguish the fire, preventing damage to homes.

These types of attacks are a frequent occurrence for the Palestinian communities throughout the Israeli colonized West Bank.

In related news, Israeli colonists attacked, Palestinian homes east of Hebron, and threatened to kill the residents.

In July 31, 2015 in Douma village near Nablus, Ali Saad Dawabsha, 18 months old, was burned to death when Israeli settlers torched his family’s home. The child’s mother, father, and four-year-old brother, were all severely burned, his parents later died from complications related to their wounds.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Israeli Army Destroy Walls, Staircase, Near The Al-Yousifiyya Historic Graveyard In Jerusalem

Israeli soldiers and workers of the City Council in the occupied Jerusalem, in the West Bank, invaded Palestinian lands, and bulldozed walls in addition to a staircase leading near the historic al-Yousifiyya Graveyard, northeast of the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Mustafa Abu Zahra, the head of the Committee for the Preservation of Islamic Cemeteries in Jerusalem, said the soldiers destroyed the structures near the entrance of the al-Yousifiyya graveyard, violating the sanctity and history of the site.

It is worth mentioning that the lands are privately owned by the family of local Palestinian, Hussein Hamad Atallah.

The family posted a sign on the land, affirming their ownership, and asking to be contacted by the authorities.

The Wadi Hilweh Information Center in Silwan (Silwanic) said the soldiers also demolished the wall of the Shuhada cemetery, which is an extension of the al-Yousifiyya Graveyard.

Several Palestinians gathered in the area and tried to stop the destruction of the site, but the soldiers forced them away.

Abu Zahra added that the attack only came about two weeks after the soldiers demolished the staircase and the wall of the historic graveyard.

Israel is trying to remove the historic Islamic cemetery, including the staircase, to establish a path that would lead to the so-called National Garden, on Palestinian lands.

It is worth mentioning that about three weeks ago, the government-run Israeli Land Authority, issued bids for the construction of a new neighborhood, in the segregated, Givat HaMatos Jewish-only colony.

East Jerusalem is internationally recognized as an occupied city, an integral part of the occupied West Bank and the Gaza Strip, and the capital of the future Palestinian State.

Israel’s colonies, and all related projects, including those in and around Jerusalem, are illegal under International Law, the Fourth Geneva Convention, in addition to various United Nations and Security Council resolutions.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Israeli Soldiers Shoot Two Palestinian Teenagers In Tulkarem

Israeli soldiers shot and injured, on Sunday evening, two Palestinian teenage boys, after the army invaded the Shweika neighborhood, to the north of Tulkarem, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

The two wounded Palestinians, 15 and 18 years of age, were shot by live round to the knee and were moved to a governmental hospital in Tulkarem.

Palestinian medics also provided treatment to many Palestinians who suffered the effects of teargas inhalation.

The Palestinians were injured after several army jeeps invaded the area, leading to protests.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers frequently invade Tulkarem, especially the Shweika area, search and ransack homes, in addition to abducting many Palestinians.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Israeli Soldiers Abduct Seven Palestinians, Search Many Homes, In West Bank

Luay Gheith

Israeli soldiers invaded, on Monday at dawn, many Palestinian communities across the occupied West Bank, before violently searching them, causing damage, and abducted six Palestinians, including the father of a child who was killed by the army in March of 2019. The soldiers also abducted one Palestinian on Sunday evening.

Several army jeeps invaded Nablus city, in northern West Bank, searched homes and abducted Ala’ Hmeidan, from his home in the al-Ma’ajeen neighborhood.

Many Palestinians protested the invasion and violent searches of homes, and hurled stones at the invading soldiers who fired a few live rounds, rubber-coated steel bullets, and gas bombs.

The soldiers also invaded the home of a former legislator, Yasser Mansour, in Nablus city, and caused damage to its front area, including the main door.

Furthermore, the soldiers invaded Jama’in town, south of Nablus, before storming and searched several homes.

In addition, many army jeeps invaded Zabbouba village, west of the northern West Bank city of Jenin, and searched homes, causing damage. The army used military dogs during the invasions into the properties.

Owners of some of the invaded homes have been identified as Mohammad Jaradat, Sa’id Jaradat, Samer Jaradat, Ahmad Jaradat, Maher Jaradat and his father’s home, Mahmoud Jaradat.

The soldiers frequently invaded Jama’in, and repeatedly break into and search homes in the village, which lost large areas of farmland due to the construction of the illegal Annexation Wall.

In Hebron, in southern West Bank, the soldiers abducted four Palestinians, including two children, after invading their homes and searching them.

Media sources said the soldiers abducted Firas Zakariya al-Qeeq, 24, in addition to Fuad Amjad Hadoush, 17, and Amjad at-Teety, 17, from their homes in the al-‘Arroub refugee camp, north of Hebron.

In Hebron city, the soldiers abducted Lu’ay Gheith, from his home, while preparing to head to the Ibrahimi Mosque, for dawn prayers.

It is worth mentioning that Lu’ay is the father of Abdullah Gheith, 16, who was killed by Israeli soldiers on May 31, 2019, near the West Bank city of Bethlehem, while trying to enter Jerusalem for Friday prayers in the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

The army also installed roadblocks on roads, in the northern part of Hebron city, in addition to the roads leading to Beit Awwa, Sa’ir and Halhoul towns, before stopping and searching dozens of cars, and interrogated many Palestinians while inspecting their ID cards.

In Jericho city, in northeastern West Bank, the soldiers abducted Shaker Jalayta, from his home in Yaffa Street, after storming the property, causing damage.

On Sunday evening, the soldiers abducted Mohammad Issam Hamad, from Arraba town, south of Jenin, while crossing the Za’tara military roadblock, south of Nablus.

The soldiers also shot two Palestinian teenage boys, after the army invaded the Shweika neighborhood, to the north of Tulkarem, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

(Source / 14.12.2020)

Moroccan PM pledges support for Palestinians after normalization deal

Rabat (QNN)- Moroccan prime minister Saad-Eddine El Othmani on Friday said the decision to normalize ties with ‘Israel’ would not affect Morocco’s support for the Palestinians.

“Yesterday, King Mohammed VI called President Abbas, to tell him that His Majesty’s position in support of the Palestinian cause remains unshakeable, and that Morocco places it at the same level of Sahara issue,” Othmani said in a statement.

Othmani also declared Morocco’s rejection to all violations of the Israeli occupation who attempts to “Judaize” Jerusalem.

“We also adopt this principle [in the government], with our constant emphasis on rejecting the Deal of the Century, and all violations of the Israeli occupation authorities, especially the recent attempts to Judaize Jerusalem,” he said.

He added, “The Moroccan position, in general, remains constantly supportive of the Palestinian cause.”

In August, after UAE and Bahrain normalized ties with Israel, Othmani said Morocco refuse any normalization with “the Zionist entity because this emboldens it to go further in breaching the rights of the Palestinian people.”

(Source / 14.12.2020)