The seizure of 11,200 dunums in the Jordan Valley and approval of the construction of 3,212 new settlement units

Deze afbeelding heeft een leeg alt-atribuut; de bestandsnaam is phpThumb.php

In one of the largest seizures, the occupation authorities seized 11,200 dunums in the Palestinian valleys today, Thursday, in favor of the so-called nature reserves.

The Director General of Documenting Occupation Violations at the Wall and Settlement Resistance Commission, Qassem Awad, said in a call to Al-Quds tonight that the occupation announced its seizure of 11,200 dunams, in favor of 3 Israeli nature reserves in the Palestinian Jordan Valley.

Awwad indicated that these reserves are located in Deir Hajla in Jericho, the other is south of Al-Jiftlik, near the settlement of “Maswah” built on citizens ‘lands, and the third is east of Ain Al-Hilweh and Al-Farisiya in the northern Jordan Valley in the area between the settlements of “Maskiot and Rutem”, which are located on citizens’ lands in the Jordan Valley.

He pointed out that during the coming period the occupation intends to announce four new areas as natural reserves in the West Bank, pointing out that most of the seizures fall under the clause of “natural reserves”. The occupation allocates its lands later for settlement construction, indicating that since the announcement of the deal of the century, the occupation has ratified and deposited it Plans to approve more than 12,000 settlement units in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

On the other hand, the so-called Planning and Building Council of the so-called “Civil Administration” of the Israeli occupation approved this evening, Thursday, the construction of 3,212 settlement units in various settlements in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

According to the Hebrew newspaper “Israel Hayom”, this plan, which was approved, comes as a continuation of the plan announced yesterday with 2,166 other units, bringing the total number to 5,400 settlement units.

The plan was approved eight months after the committee abstained from meeting due to a political matter, by the American opposition.

This is the largest record in recent years of construction, and the scheme had to be approved in advance.

The “Yesha” Settlements Council said that efforts were made by settler leaders to resume construction again, stressing that construction in the settlements should not be used as a bargaining chip in any peace agreements.

He stressed the need to continue building freely without political conditions or approvals.

For its part, Peace Now said that the year 2020 is the peak year for strengthening construction plans in settlements, and that more than 90% of construction takes place in isolated settlements that are supposed to be evacuated under any future agreements.

According to the movement, 12,159 settlement units have been built so far in 2020, of which 11,091 are in isolated settlements, or about 91.2%, while 8.8% of the units will be built in settlements that the Geneva Accord model will be able to include as part of the land swap.

She indicated that this building is the record in construction since at least 2012.

(Source / 17.10.2020)

Dozens of civilians and journalists suffocated during the occupation army´s suppression of the Kafr Qaddum march

Dozens of citizens and journalists suffocated during the occupation army’s suppression of the weekly anti-settlement march of Kafr Qaddum and the demand to open the closed village street for more than 17 years.

The coordinator of the Popular Resistance in Kafr Qaddum, Murad Shteiwi, stated that the occupation soldiers and units of the so-called border guards fired a heavy barrage of tear gas and sound bombs towards the participants in the march, which led to dozens of suffocation injuries, including the Palestine TV correspondent, and all cases were treated in the field.

Shteiwi confirmed that the occupation army had failed to arrest any of the young men after an ambush had been set up in one of the village’s houses in the clashes area, which led to the outbreak of violent confrontations during which the soldiers pursued the young men into the village, climbed onto the roof of the citizen’s house, Amin Shtiwi, and demolished a wall on the roof of his house, which is under construction.

The march was launched with the participation of dozens of townspeople, who chanted patriotic slogans calling for escalation of popular resistance throughout the country.

(Source / 17.10.2020)

EU countries condemn Israel’s plan to build 5,000 settlement units

A picture taken on June 30, 2020 from the West Bank village of al-Khader near the biblical town of Bethlehem shows the illegal Israeli settlement of Efrat [HAZEM BADER/AFP via Getty Images]
A picture taken on June 30, 2020 from the West Bank village of al-Khader near the biblical town of Bethlehem shows the illegal Israeli settlement of Efrat

Europe’s main powers on Friday condemned the Israeli intention to approve thousands of settlement units in illegal Jewish settlements in the occupied Palestinian West Bank, a joint statement announced.

“The expansion of settlements violates international law and further imperils the viability of a two-state solution to bring about a just and lasting peace to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict,” revealed the statement signed by the foreign ministers of Germany, France, UK, Italy and Spain.

“As we have emphasised directly with the government of Israel, this step furthermore undermines efforts to rebuild trust between the parties with a view to resuming dialogue,” the statement added.

The foreign ministers stressed that building settlements: “Is also a counterproductive move in light of the positive developments of normalisation agreements reached between Israel, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.”

READ: Israel to confiscate 3,000 acres of Palestinian land in occupied Jordan Valley

Therefore, they called for: “An immediate halt to settlement construction, as well as to evictions and demolitions of Palestinian structures in East-Jerusalem and the West Bank.”

The foreign ministers concluded: “We call for the full implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 2334 with all its provisions. We emphasise that we will not recognise any changes to the 4 June, 1967, lines, including with regards to Jerusalem, unless agreed to between the parties. The suspension of plans to annex parts of occupied Palestinian territories must become permanent.”

(Source / 17.10.2020)

Dahlan incites Cairo to oppose Fatah-Hamas reconciliation

Former Palestinian senior Fatah official Mohammed Dahlan on 16 September 2015 [STR/AFP/Getty Images]
Former Palestinian senior Fatah official Muhammed Dahlan on 16 September 2015

Dismissed Fatah leader and Palestinian MP Mohammed Dahlan, who lives in the United Arab Emirates, has incited Egypt to oppose Fatah-Hamas reconciliation, The New Khalij news website revealed on Friday.

Reporting senior Palestinian sources, the news website disclosed that Dahlan contacted senior Egyptian officials and incited them to damage the ongoing reconciliation understandings between Fatah and Hamas reached in Istanbul two weeks ago.

The sources claim that Dahlan told the Egyptian officials that the two Palestinian factions are working to override Cairo’s role in the Palestinian cause.

According to the sources, Dahlan tried to persuade them that Fatah and Hamas are turning to Turkey and Qatar to supersede the Egyptian role. Dahlan sees the latest rapprochement among the Palestinian factions as a threat to his party, the Democratic Reform Current.

In addition, he feels that the path to reconciliation could place him outside the Palestinian political arena as he is planning to become the head of Palestinian politics instead of Fatah, the Palestine Liberation Organisation and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

READ: Reconciliation really is the only option for the Palestinians

(Source / 17.10.2020)

Israeli Troops Crack Down on Weekly Kufur Qaddoum March

Several Palestinian civilians, on Friday, suffered the toxic of effects of tear-gas inhalation at the weekly demonstration in the northern West Bank village of Kufur Qaddoum, east of Qalqilia, the Palestinian Information Center reported.

Dozens of citizens, including a journalist, were injured by Israeli forces at the weekly march, in which villagers insist that Israeli authorities reopen the road that it closed seventeen years ago.

Morad Eshteiwi, the coordinator for the popular resistance, said that Israeli forces fired tear-gas canisters and concussion grenades at the crowd in order to crack down on the demonstration.

He stated that many protesters suffered inhalation injuries, and all were managed by local medics on the scene.

Eshteiwi added that Israeli soldiers set up an ambush in a Palestinian home in the village, which resulted in Israeli soldiers taking chase to young men.

No further details were reported.

المسيرة__كفرقدوم op vrijdag

كفرقدوم اليوم

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: een of meer mensen, staande mensen, buiten en natuur
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: een of meer mensen, staande mensen, buiten en natuur
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: een of meer mensen, staande mensen en buiten
Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: een of meer mensen, staande mensen, kind en buiten

(Source / 17.10.2020)

Israeli naval forces attack fishing boats off Gaza shore

Gaza (QNN)- Israeli naval forces attacked Saturday morning fishing boats off the shore of the Gaza strip and used water cannons to drown them, reported WAFA.

Israeli warships attacked fishing boats that were only three nautical miles deep at the sea of Gaza and opened water cannons at boats off the Sudaniyyah shore in the north-west of the strip, forcing fishermen to go home.

Israeli forces carry out daily attacks on the besieged strip, targeting fishermen or opening fire at farmers, preventing Gazans from living a normal life.

(Source / 17.10.2020)

‘Israel’ grabs over 11000 dunums in Jordan Valley

Ramallah (QNN)- In one of the largest thefts ever, the Israeli authorities on Thursday grabbed over 11000 dunums of the Jordan Valley under the pretext of expanding natural reserves.

The head of the documentation section in the Popular Committee Against the Wall and Settlement Activity, Qasem Awwad, said the Israeli authorities announced confiscating 11,200 dunums to expand three Israeli natural reserves in the Jordan Valley.

Awwad added that the three reserves are located in Jericho, Jiftlik, and Ein Al Hilweh and that they are all are adjacent to illegal settlements built on Palestinian land.

He noted that the occupation state plans to declare four new natural reserves in the West Bank, another method that the Israelis use to grab as much land as possible.

Most confiscations that take place under the pretext of expanding natural reserves turn out to be dedicated to settlement projects, according to Awwad. Since the announcement of Trump’s deal, Israeli authorities approved over 12,000 settlement units in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

(Source / 17.10.2020)

For the first time in 52 days: Zero coronavirus deaths in Palestine

Ramallah (QNN)- The Ministry of Health announced that 312 new coronavirus cases and 241 recoveries were registered during the last 24 hours, while zero deaths were registered for the first time in 52 days.

The Minister of Health, Mai Keleh, said the average of recoveries in Palestine have reached 87.5% while the active cases reached 11.7% and the deaths reached 0.8%.

She added that no deaths have been registered during the last 24 hours for the first time in 52 days.

Al Keleh added that there are 40 cases in the Intensive Care Units, including 6 on ventilators.

(Source / 17.10.2020)

Israeli occupation forces attack, wound Palestinian farmers

Israeli occupation authorities on Monday issued 20 military orders preventing Palestinians from entering their olive fields in the occupied West Bank

Israeli occupation forces attacked on Friday Palestinian farmers demonstrating for access to their olive fields in the occupied West Bank, wounding three of them.

Israeli occupation forces attacked Palestinian activists and farmers in the town of Burka in the eastern Ramallah province as they were protesting against Israeli restrictions.

The Israeli occupation forces used tear gas and rubber coated-with-steal bullets to disperse the protesters. Three farmers were injured, while many others were affected by the teargas.

Israeli occupation authorities on Monday issued 20 military orders preventing Palestinians from entering their olive gardens in the occupied West Bank.

The Israeli occupation government aims to seize hundreds of acres of Palestinian land with these decisions, which mainly target Palestinian landowners.

Since the olive harvest season began in late September, Jewish soldiers and settlers have been carrying out attacks against the farmers in various places in the occupied West Bank.

More than 800,000 settlers across 250 settlement outposts in the occupied West Bank and occupied Jerusalem make life even more difficult for Palestinians living under occupation.

Israel occupied the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, in 1967.

(Source / 17.10.2020)

Turkey: Israel’s settlement and annexation policies will not succeed

Turkey on Friday criticized recent Israeli plans to expand its illegal settlements in the occupied West Bank, expressing belief that such settlement and annexation policies would be doomed to failure.

In a statement, the Turkish foreign ministry said the intended construction of 12,000 settler homes in 2020 alone was the latest example of Israel’s unlawful and aggressive policies that violate international law and UN resolutions.

The foreign ministry asserted that Turkey would continue to support Palestine and make efforts for the establishment of an independent and sovereign Palestinian state based on 1967 borders with east Jerusalem as its capital.

Read More: Turkey condemns Israel’s new settlement expansion plans

The West Bank, including east Jerusalem, is regarded as occupied territory under international law, thus making all Jewish settlements there illegal.

Israel occupied the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including east Jerusalem, in 1967.

Read More: Hamas and Fatah leaders to hold follow-up meeting in Turkey

(Source / 17.10.2020)