Israeli soldiers abducted, Monday, two Palestinian children from Qaryout village, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus, and moved them to Shilo nearby illegal colony, built on Palestinian lands.
Ghassan Daghlas, a Palestinian Authority official who monitors Israel’s colonialist activities in northern West Bank, said the children have been identified as ‘Amir Sa’ada, 12, and Mohammad Atallah ‘Azem, 13.
He added that the two children were walking in the al-‘Ein area, south of Qaryout when the soldiers abducted them and took them to Shilo.
The official denounced the abduction of the two children, and stated that moving them to a colony is a very serious violation, especially amidst the escalating assaults by the colonists, and seemingly grants them official security tasks in the Palestinian territories that will pose a real threat to the lives and the freedom of movement of citizens.
Israeli forces ordered two Palestinian brothers to tear down agricultural structures, Monday, in the area of Khirbet Yerza, in the northern Jordan Valley, the Palestinian WAFA News Agency reported.
Activist Aref Daraghmeh, said that the Israeli authorities ordered two Palestinian brothers, Rami and Hafez Masaeed, to remove their structures within 96 hours, under the pretext that they were built without an Israeli issued permit.
WAFA added that Israeli forces confiscated, on Monday evening, a Palestinian-owned water tanker, east of Tubas, west of the Jordan Valley, according to Daraghmeh.
He stated that Israeli forces seized the water tanker while the contractor was working on rehabilitating a road east of Tubas.
It is important to mention that Israeli authorities also delivered orders to halt the construction of a poultry farm and retaining walls near Bethlehem.
According to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Military Order 1797 allows for the expedited removal of unlicensed structures deemed as “new”, within 96 hours of the issuance of the ‘removal order’. The use of this order has resulted in the demolition of at least 66 structures since coming into effect, in July 2019.
Israeli forces detained at least five Palestinians, on Monday, including 61 year old activist from the occupied Palestinian territories, the Palestinian WAFA News Agency reported.
Local sources said that soldiers detained Khairi Hannoun, 61, a former prisoner, after storming his home in Anabta town, east of Tulkarem city, in the northern West Bank.
Hannoun, who has served eight years in Israeli prisons for his activism, made headlines earlier this month after Israeli soldiers assaulted him as he participated in an anti-settlement protest in Shufa village, south of Tulkarem.
It added that the Israeli troops detained one Palestinian after ransacking his home in Hebron district in the southern West Bank.
A similar raid was conducted southwest of Hebron, in Deir Samet village, which also resulted in the detention of one Palestinian.
Israeli soldiers stationed at a military roadblock, west of the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, stopped and detained a Palestinian minor.
In occupied East Jerusalem, Israeli police detained one Palestinian during an incursion into al-‘Isawiya neighborhood.
The Palestinian Information Center reported that soldiers detained Adham Ziyad Abu Aisha, from Hebron, and Islam Sabri Masalmeh, from Deir Samet town, after searching and ransacking their homes, taking them to an undeclared location.
Local sources said that dozens of Israeli soldiers stormed Anabta town, triggering confrontations with local Palestinians, which resulted a young man being shot in the foot by a soldier.
The young man was transferred to the hospital where he is in stable condition.
Important to note that Israeli forces detained 2 children near Nablus, in the northern West Bank, taking them to an illegal colony.
The Prisoners’ Affairs Commission, Monday, released the details of three Palestinian youths who were assaulted by Israeli soldiers during their detention.
An affidavit from Ahmad Alqam, 17, from Beit Ummar town, testified that the soldiers beat him severely on his face and back, before arriving at the detention facility.
Interrogation involved being forced to sit for long hours in a low chair with his hands and feet hand-cuffed to the chair, remaining there for nine days before being transferred.
The commission recounted the testimony of Mustafa Bayari, detained during a military incursion into al-Jalazoun refugee camp, near Ramallah.
Bayari was severely assaulted by Israeli troops, having his head smashed against a wall many times.
He testified that interrogators assaulted him, humiliated him, and detained him for 38 days before sending him to the Ofer detention facility near Ramallah.
Bayari’s health has has declined since enduring torture in Israeli detention, the commission added, and is now suffering from acute head and ear pain, besides eyesight problems.
Lastly, the commission also related the case of Abdullah Sobh, 19, a resident of Jenin city, detained by Israeli soldiers at a military roadblock, near Tulkarem city, in the northern West Bank.
The commission said that Sobh was subject to arbitrary assault and interrogation at Huwwara detention facility for 17 days before being transferred a military detention facility.
The official signing, in Washington, of the “Abraham Accords” deal set up for Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates to officially normalise ties with Israel, has sparked outrage and protest from the people of Bahrain which has been almost completely ignored by Western Media.
Every day since the signing of the controversial normalisation deal, allegedly brokered by the US Trump administration, protests in the streets of the Bahraini capital Manama, as well as in other cities, have been continuous. The protests have led to arrests, as well as alleged investigations into organisers.
Whilst the world was presented with images of cooperation and unity, the streets of Bahrain were packed with protesters opposed to the move, standing behind the Palestinian cause for liberation. The protests, as well as an escalation of violence between Gaza and Israel on the night the deal was signed, point to the stark difference between what has been presented as a deal for peace and the mayhem actually caused as a direct result of the move.
In Bahrain, protests, like those that are ongoing, are not tolerated by the Monarchistic regime which has refused to reform following the Bahraini revolution, which began in 2011. Speaking to Quds News, the director of the political Bureau for the ‘February 14 Coalition’, Dr. Ibrahim Al-Aradi, stated that “The Bahraini opposition will not stop protesting for the Palestinian people and will continue to demonstrate, to raise our voices inside and outside of Bahrain…we will not stop making conferences to show the world that our people are against normalisation”.
Dr. Al-Aradi also commented on why the Al-Khalifa regime is seemingly being more lenient than usual, holding back from violently confronting the demonstrators in the nature that it usually has. The explanation he offered was that in order to show Britain and the United States that they can be pragmatic, they have sat back in the immediate aftermath of the deal in the hope of quelling an uprising. He also said that “the demonstrations have been ongoing since the 14th of February 2011… thousands are now in jail, hundreds exiled abroad, thousands have lost their citizenships”, going on to say that “the International community has to support them, because like what the Palestinians receive from the Israelis, we too are under occupation.”.
When asked about the perspective of the Bahraini population on what has been branded as the ‘Abraham Accords’, Dr, Al-Aradi said; “the majority of the Bahraini people are against normalisation, even the journalists that have shared platforms with Israelis have been forced to do this and they do not represent anyone but the regime.”. Addressing those who haven’t spoken out or attended demonstrations, the Bahraini opposition group official offered the following explanation; “Many have been threatened by the regime, with possible arrest, or perhaps the prospect of losing their citizenship… many who can’t risk protesting on the streets are doing so on social media.”.
Also in response to the normalisation deal, 143 Bahraini scholars, as well as 17 associations, have signed onto a letter condemning the move and reaffirming their solidarity with the Palestinian people and cause. The letter reads according to al-Quds al-Arabi; “We reiterate the firm principles of the Bahraini people regarding the Palestine issue and the texts of the Bahraini constitution, according to which the normalization of relations with the Zionist regime is considered as a crime. They added: “The agreement to normalize Bahrain’s relations with Israel not only does not reflect the will of the Bahraini people, but also contradicts the Bahraini constitution and its first article.”.
It is widely speculated amongst analysts that the real target for a potential normalisation deal, by the Trump administration, is Saudi Arabia. Which would perhaps indicate, if this is the case, that both UAE and Bahrain normalisation of ties with Israel is a form of testing the reaction to the move. If this is to be the case, then the building anti-regime protest movement in Bahrain could potentially slow down or even put a halt to Saudi normalisation with Israel.
If Saudi Arabia sees the Bahraini regime struggling with widespread civil unrest in Bahrain and the loss of revenue streams to the UAE, then it may reconsider the notion of normalisation.
The Israelis kidnapped two children in response to the locals’ trial to prevent settlers from swimming in a water spring that is used for drinking
Ramallah (QNN)- The Israeli army and guards of the illegal settlement of Shilo kidnapped two Palestinian children from their family’s farm in the village of Qaryout in Nablus.
Bashar Qaryouti, a human rights activist from the village, told QNN that confrontations erupted between locals and Israeli forces when the locals fought back settlers, who raided the village in order to swim in one of its springs.
He added that this is the first time for illegal settlers to raid the spring. The locals of the village use the spring’s water on a daily basis for drinking. The settlers swam in the spring, poluting it and making it unsafe for drinking.
When locals expelled the settlers and forced them to leave the spring, an Israeli force as well as guards from the illegal settlement of Shilo raided the village using sound bombs and tear gas grenades and arrested two 13-year-old children, who were in their family’s house.
Qaryouti added that the locals gathered at the entrance to the settlement in order to release the children.
Israeli rights group B’Tselem: Seizing water tankers is one form of the Israeli occupation measures aimed to push the Palestinians out of their homes and farms in the occupied territories
Israeli occupation forces seized on Monday evening awater tanker in the occupied Palestinian West Bank city of Tubas, local activist reported.
The water tanker owned by a Palestinian contractor, who is working on grading dirt roads in the east of the Palestinian city.
Local activist Aref Daraghmeh, who monitors Israeli violations in the occupied West Bank, said that seizing the tankers pushed the contractor to stop his work and leave the roads leading to Palestinian farms ungraded.
Dirt roads are the artery lines for the Palestinians farmers who use them to access their farms and pick up olives.
Grading the roads is urgently needed because of the start of the season of picking olive.
Forty-one Kuwaiti organizations yesterday called on the parliament to pass a law criminalizing normalization of relations with Israel.
The call was made in a joint statement issued by the non-governmental organizations, most notably the Lawyers Association, the Teachers Association, and the Kuwaiti Economic Association.
“We join our voice to that of the free Kuwaiti people by calling on the National Assembly (parliament) and the government to quickly pass the law criminalizing normalization with the Zionist enemy,” the organizations said in the statement.
They stressed their unwavering position to continue to reject and not recognize “this entity”- in reference to Israel- “until the liberation of Palestine”.
The statement referred to the Emir of Kuwait decree issued on June 6, 1967, still effective, which stipulates that “the State of Kuwait has been in a defensive war since this morning (the date of its issuance) with the Zionist gangs in occupied Palestine.”
The statement came on the heel of US President Donald Trump’s speech on the imminent normalization of Kuwait’s relations with Israel.
Gaza– Days of Palestine – In a Press release on Monday, Basim Naim, Member of Hamas International Relations Office, said on On the occasion of celebrating the International Day for Peace, that the Palestinian people are among the peoples who love peace and promote it among all human beings.
“However, they have been deprived of living peacefully in their homeland for seven decades and they have been subject to all kinds of terrorism and racism practiced by the brutal Zionist occupation,” Naim added.
Naim mentioned the failer of the international community, represented by the United Nations, in protecting the Palestinian people from the aggression practiced against them by the Israeli occupation forces.
He said that The international community also failed to realize the dream of freedom and independence for the Palestinians; therefore, they are deprived of living in peace or contributing to achieving it around the world.
On that occasion, an Israeli soldier pressed his knee on his neck while on the ground, a scene reminiscent of the event that led to the death of African-American George Floyd after a police officer pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck while detaining him on May 25 in Minneapolis.
Hannoun had spent a total of eight years in Israeli prisons for his anti-occupation activities.
A Palestine prisoner serving a sentence of 30 years in Israeli jails for resisting its occupation completed today 18 years behind bars, according to the Detainees and Ex-Detainees Commission.
The commission said Fathi al-Najjar, from the southern occupied West Bank district of Hebron, has been denied a much-needed medical treatment and examination by the Israeli prison admiration despite Najjar’s deteriorating health condition.
Najjar suffers from multiple health problems, including abdominal pain, blood in urine and bleeding in the rectum, visual problems, and knee ligament injury. He has previously undergone several surgeries to remove the kidney stones, in addition to a hernia surgery about 3 years ago.