Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Mahmoud Sa’di has started a dry hunger strike today in protest against his administrative detention without charge or trial, said the Committee of Prisoners and Former Prisoners’ Affairs.
In dry hunger strikes, the striker refuses both food and water. It is dangerous and can quickly lead to death.
The committee said the occupation state has been holding Sa’di at Hadarim jail without charge or trial, which pushed him to start his hunger start on July 2.
The committee added that the Israeli Prison Service (IPS) has been deliberately ignoring the poor health condition of Sa’di, rejecting to do any tests for him despite having kidney problems.
Sa’di was arrested on May 20 and held under administrative detention. He had been previously arrested several times to serve a total of ten years in Israeli jails.
The Israeli army had killed two of Sa’di’s brothers and several nephews of him. After he was released, he had his bachelor’s degree in law from the Arab American University then got married and had seven children.
(Source / 07.07.2020)