The Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip announced today, Thursday, the registration of a new injury, bringing the number to 4 today.
Ashraf Al-Qidra, a spokesman for the Ministry in Gaza, said during a press conference that the number of registered cases reached 70, including one death for a 77-year-old woman, and 18 cases recovered.
He pointed out that the new cases discovered today were transferred to the Isolation Hospital at the Rafah crossing.
And that the ministry ended the quarantine of 577 hosted in the quarantine centers among the returnees recently through the Rafah crossing, indicating that the ministry continues to work to end another batch during the coming hours.
Al-Qudra pointed out that the central laboratory is conducting a laboratory examination of hundreds of samples to complete the quarantine termination protocol for the hosts.
He said: “The spread of the epidemic in the region constitutes a constant threat to the Gaza Strip, and requires full commitment to the full preventive measures at the level of citizens and sectors that will be allowed to re-operate in accordance with established health controls.”
He pointed out that the Ministry has a plan to deal with the different scenarios and stages of the Corona epidemic, and requires the provision of $ 59 million to cover its invasions of medicines, medical consumables, laboratory supplies, laboratory examination materials, intensive care beds, ventilators, crew training and community outreach.
He stated that the Ministry of Gaza received today two machines for virus scanning, within the previously announced Turkish grant, through the World Health Organization.
He pointed out that what has reached the Ministry in Gaza as part of its plan to confront the Corona pandemic until the moment is only $ 1.8 million through partner institutions, calling on all concerned to take serious steps to strengthen the capabilities of the health system in the face of the pandemic.
(Source / 05.06.2020)