Smoke rises and explosion illuminates the night sky after Israel launched airstrikes targeting positions of the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas’ military wing in Khan Yunis, Gaza on 5 February, 2020
Israel said Wednesday that it launched air strikes targeting positions of the Palestinian resistance group Hamas in the Gaza Strip, reports Anadolu Agency.
Positions belonging to the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas’ military wing, in the southern city of Khan Yunis were hit by missiles launched from Israeli warplanes, said sources on the ground.
There were no casualties according to initial assessments by local sources.
The Israeli military claimed the air strikes were carried out in response to rockets launched from Gaza into Israel
The Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) has confirmed that Israeli soldiers abducted, on Wednesday at dawn, fifteen Palestinians, including two children and the mayor of Beit Kahil town, in the occupied West Bank.
The PPS said the soldiers stormed and violently searched dozens of homes across the West Bank, and interrogated many Palestinians while inspecting their ID card.
The PPS office in Jenin governorate, in northern West Bank, said the soldiers abducted four Palestinians, identified as Mahmoud Arafat Sa’adi, Azmi Eyad Hosniyya, and Mohammad Asri Fayyad, from Jenin refugee camp.
It added that the soldiers also abducted Bara’ Tawfiq Mahmoud, from his home in Siris village, south of Jenin, and Khalil Mohammad al-Qarm, from Jilqamous village, east of Jenin.
In Nablus, in northern West Bank, the soldiers abducted Salahuddin Dweikat, from his home in Askar refugee camp, east of the city, and a former political prisoner, identified as Saher Jaber Hamayel, from Beita town, south of Nablus.
Furthermore, the soldiers abducted Mahmoud Ghannawi, 40, and Abdul-Hadi Shbeita, 35, from their homes in Azzoun town, east of the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia.
In Ramallah, in central West Bank, the soldiers invaded and searched homes in Birzeit town, north of the city, and abducted Ahmad Abdul-Karim Qa’ad, 33.
Furthermore, many soldiers invaded the al-Jalazoun refugee camp, north of Ramallah.
Video By WAFA News Agency
The soldiers also invaded Umm ash-Sharayet neighborhood in the nearby al-Biereh city and fired gas bombs, concussion grenades, and rubber-coated steel bullets at Palestinian protesters.
In Hebron, in southern West Bank, the soldiers invaded Beit Kahil town, northwest of the city, and Beit Ummar town, north of Hebron, searched homes and abducted five Palestinians, including a mayor and a former political prisoner.
The abducted Palestinians are the mayor of Beit Kahil, Mo’in Mohammad Zohour, in addition to former political prisoner Ali Issa Awad, 30, Abdullah Issa Abu Hashem, 19, Ahmad Yousef Alqam, 17, and Mahdi Ibrahim Abu Mariya, 16, from Beit Ummar.
The soldiers also installed roadblocks on roads leading to the al-Fawwar refugee camp, and the ath-Thaheriyya town, south of Hebron, in addition to Ethna town, west of Hebron, before stopping and searching dozens of Palestinian cars, and interrogated many residents while inspecting their ID cards.
Furthermore, the army invaded and searched many homes in the southern area of Hebron city, and interrogated several Palestinians.
Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Israeli courts imposed a total of 24,000 Shekel (more than $7,000) on Palestinian children imprisoned in Ofer military jail, according to the Committee of Prisoners and Former Prisoners.
The committee said that Israeli courts issued jail sentences against several Palestinian children last January. They also imposed very heavy fines on the children.
It added that last month, 30 children were jailed at Ofer, including 20, who were arrested after Israeli soldiers broke into their houses, 8 arrested from streets, one arrested because he did not hold permission, and one arrested after being summoned for interrogation.
12 children had jail sentences for periods ranging from 21 days to 24 months.
‘Israel’ holds 56 Palestinian children in section (13) of Ofer military jail.
The committee stressed that Israeli military courts try always to inflict suffering on Palestinian prisoners and their families. Imposing heavy fines on Palestinian imprisoned children is one of the Israeli methods to do that.
Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Twitter continues to suspend all Quds News Network (QNN) blue-checked accounts for the third month in a row, without any prior notice or explanation.
Twitter’s measure, which was taken on November 2nd, 2019, came as a part of a series of measures that were taken against the network and the Palestinian content on the internet by other social media giants like Facebook.
QNN accounts on Twitter have been followed by thousands of users. The suspension of them shocked the network as well as its followers.
QNN Facebook accounts were subjected to punitive and restrictive measures amid fears of complete removal of the accounts in compliance with Israeli pressure.
The network has previously stated that the suspension of its accounts could be understood as an obvious and total bias against Palestinian journalism and complete compliance with the Israeli occupation, which strives to obscure Palestine’s complete picture.
Quds News Network (QNN) calls on Twitter administration to stop the suspension of its accounts and provide details on the reasons behind the suspension.
Occupied Palestine (QNN)- A German multinational company is complicit in Israel’s stealing and polluting of natural resources in the West Bank city of Salfit, with serious human and environmental rights violations against native Palestinians, a new report by two human rights organizations stated.
For more than 13 years, the German multinational HeidelbergCement has been involved in Israeli colonial efforts in the West Bank, which include land grabbing, stealing of natural resources, and dust pollution, according to a report by the Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO) and Al-Haq shows.
The Nahal Raba quarry, located in Salfit on the West Bank, has denied Palestinian communities access to their lands and sources of livelihoods.
Hanson Israel, the subsidiary of HeidelbergCement operating the quarry, sold products from the quarry to illegal Israeli settlements. The German multinational also pays royalties to the Israeli Civil Administration, the body administering the occupied Palestinian territory, according to the report.
“HeidelbergCement’s presence in the area is a clear example of multinational corporations’ involvement in Israel’s prolonged occupation, systemic human rights abuses and the denial of citizen’s fundamental right to self-determination and sovereignty over natural resources”, the report stated.
While the German multinational and the State of Israel pocket the profits of depleting the quarry’s ‘white gold’, the Palestinian economy is stripped of millions of dollars annually in this sector, the report added.
“According to local testimonies, the crushing of stones in the quarry, day and night, comes with loud explosions and covers parts of the neighbouring communities of Al-Zawiya and Rafat with dust, affecting crops and air quality.”
Maha Abdallah, from Al-Haq, said, “HeidelbergCement should immediately and responsibly cease all its activities on appropriated Palestinian land and in illegal Israeli settlements, and make reparations to Palestinians affected, including to those whose lands it has – in conjunction with the occupation authorities, unlawfully exploited”.
The report added that HeidelbergCement has seemingly deployed a number of strategies to avoid responsibility for its violations against international law and human rights. It denies that its operations are on unlawfully confiscated land and hides behind policies and measures imposed by the Occupying Power for the confiscation and exploitation of Palestinian land and natural resources.
Lydia de Leeuw, from SOMO, said: “The behavior of HeidelbergCement is not unique. Worldwide we see companies using strategies to avoid responsibility or being held accountable for human rights abuses and environmental damage. We want to motivate duty bearers to close the governance gaps that allow these strategies to be applied.”
Israeli occupation fighters carried out several air raids in Gaza on Wednesday night, causing hundreds of Palestinians suffer from panic attack across the besieged enclave.
Such Israeli raids take place at least two or three times every week; however, reporters do no report about the human suffering resulted of these attacks.
Dr Ali Hussein told Palestine Post 24 that journalists ignore reporting about the people who suffer panic attacks because of the big number of wounded and deaths used to be reported under the Israeli attacks.
Israeli occupation military claimed the air raids were carried out in response to rockets and incendiary balloons launched from Gaza into Israel.