Some time ago, Pope Benedict XVI and Middle East Bishops were demanding that Israel accept U.N. resolutions, calling for an end to its occupation of Arab lands.
In a communiqué at the end of their two-week meeting, the bishops demanded that Israel accept United Nations’ resolutions, calling for an end to its occupation of Arab lands and told Israel it shouldn’t use the Bible to justify injustices against the Palestinians.
The Church is standing up against Israeli injustices, while our Mosque leaders are busy wasting our time, at every Friday prayer with irrelevant speeches on marginal repetitive issues.
In Islam, Mosques are not only a place of worship, they are a place where knowledge, science, debate and community issues are addressed.
Mosques should function more or less like a University, where people learn to achieve excellence in science, intellect, business, social cohesion and all other fields.
The pursuit of knowledge, science, excellence, tolerance and social cohesion, are cardinal parts of the role of the mosque.
Speak to your Mosque committee, ask them what have they done to fulfil their Islamic duty towards Muslims and Britain in the following areas:
- Fighting extremism and promoting tolerance.
2. Providing educational programmes, encouraging Muslim youth to achieve excellence and success in the fields of science, business, art etc.
3. Fighting racism.
4. Political awareness and political activism.
5. Enhancing Muslims integration in British society.
6. Media engagement
7. Fighting anti social behaviour and crime.
8. Fighting Islamophobia and negative stereotypes.
9. Having a fair representation of women and youth on the committee.
10. Holding open days for non-Muslims, to promote a positive picture of Islam.
Mosques need to address these issues, because that’s what Mosques should do. The Mosque should be an educational establishment, that enlightens the wider community with tolerance, progress, partnership and excellence.
Read more: http://www.mpacuk.org/story/141110/bishops-against-israel.html#ixzz1CkX93Jdf