Ashraf Waleed Naalwa(23) was killed by Israel’s occupation forces in the Askar refugee camp near the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank on the early hours of Thursday December 13th. Israeli occupation forces besieged him in the apartment where he was hiding and after a gunfight killed Naalwa, who had been evading the occupation troops for two months. Photographs taken after his death show the apartment riddled with bullet holes and several walls covered with blood, with bullets laying scattered on the floor. He was accused of killing two and wounding one illegal Israeli settler in the illegal industrial colony of Birkan near the illegal mega-colony of Ariel in the northern Salfit district of the occupied West Bank. Naalwa had beenworking in the illegal colony earlier and was recorded on security camera footage entering and leaving the illegal colony at the time of the shooting. Although Israeli occupation claimed the attack as ‘terrorism’ and several resistance group as resistance to the occupation, it must be mentioned that Naalwa had been fired from his job just before the shooting took place and that it could have been motivated by this. Israel’s occupation forces kinapped two young men from the Askar refugee camp, Amjad and Raed Bashkar, in connection of the raid that killed Naalwa. (Source / 13.12.2018)
Israeli forces can be seen arresting a Palestinian child
Israeli occupation forces seized a six-year-old Palestinian child in Hebron, the occupied West Bank, and detained him without family members for an hour, reported B’Tselem.
The incident took place on 25 November, at around 2pm, when Israeli forces seized 15-year-old ‘Abd a-Rahman Abu Daoud, and six-year-old Zeid Taha.
Both children were then taken to so-called “Pharmacy Checkpoint” in the segregated city. Abu Daoud was then transferred to Ofer Prison and ultimately sentenced to three months in prison.
Zeid, meanwhile, was moved to two further checkpoints, before being handed over to Palestinian Authority police.
“The policemen took me into Abu a-Rish Checkpoint (the Pharmacy Checkpoint) and kept me shut in a room there for about an hour,” Zeid told B’Tselem researchers.
“I cried and the soldiers cursed me. Then they put me into a white car. I heard the other boy who was arrested with me asking a woman soldier where they were taking us, and she answered, ‘To prison’.”
His mother – Falestin Taha, 26, a married mother of three – told B’Tselem: “I couldn’t have imagined that the military would arrest such a young boy. I was shocked and terribly worried. I kept imagining Taha all alone with armed Israeli soldiers.”
According to the mother, “Zeid is still very scared and anxious. He’s not ready to be apart from me even for a moment. He isn’t even willing to sleep in his own bed. He sleeps holding on to me.”
B’Tselem added that “this is not the first time that Israeli security forces have illegally detained a child below the age of criminal responsibility.”
“It is inconceivable that armed police officers hold a young child, all alone, for any period of time and without even informing his parents,” the group added. “The fact that Israeli authorities believe that this conduct is acceptable speaks volumes as to the moral blindness afflicting them.”
(Source / 13.12.2018)
13 DEC2:33 AM
Undercover Israeli soldiers assassinated, on Wednesday evening, a Palestinian Taxi driver, near Surda village, north of the central West Bank city of Ramallah; the army claimed the Palestinian was allegedly “involved” in the shooting targeting colonialist settlers, last Sunday.
The slain Palestinian has been identified as Saleh Omar Saleh Barghouthi, 29; eyewitnesses said he was driving his taxi when the undercover Israeli soldiers, driving an old commercial Mercedes, ambushed him, and opened fire at him, before abducting him while he was still alive, but severely injured and bleeding.
The army later said the Palestinian died from his wounds in a hospital in occupied Jerusalem.
Eyewitnesses said that the taxi remained in the middle of the road, after the soldiers shot Saleh, and added that a young man, identified as Wa’ad Barghouthi, tried to remove it from the road, but the undercover forces attacked and abducted him too.
Eyewitnesses said the undercover soldiers instantly opened fire at the car after ambushing it, in what appeared to be a clear assassination, not an attempt to abduct and imprison him.
The soldiers also abducted Ala’ Tarifi, who owns the Taxi company, when he tried to ask about Saleh’s condition.
Hours after killing Barghouthi, dozens of soldiers invaded Kobar village, northwest of Ramallah, and stormed his home where they forced his family in one room, and then removed the males from the property, before conducting extensive and violent searches.
The soldiers assaulted the family, and hurled concussion grenades in the property, eyewitnesses said.
The invasion into the village led to protests, and the army fired dozens of rubber-coated steel bullets and gas bombs.
Medical sources said the soldiers injured several Palestinian, including a child, and prevented a Palestinian ambulance from transferring the wounding child to a hospital in Ramallah.
The sources added that the army prevented many ambulances from entering Kobar.
The soldiers also invaded Ein Misbah area in the al-Biereh nearby city, and confiscated a Palestinian car, which looks similar to the one used in the shooting targeting the settlers.
Dozens of Palestinians hurled stones at the soldiers, while the army fired gas bombs and concussion grenades at them and at many homes and cars.
Among the wounded Israelis in the shooting incident is a pregnant woman, and her husband, who both remain hospitalized.
Israeli Ynet News has reported, Wednesday, that the doctors had to perform an emergency cesarean section on the injured mother, but t infant was announced dead.
In related news, the soldiers invaded Nabi Saleh village, northwest of Ramallah, and fired a barrage of gas bombs, concussion grenades and rubber-coated steel bullets at local protesters.
One Palestinian was shot with a gas bombs in his neck, and many others suffered the severe effects of teargas inhalation, especially when the the soldiers fired gas bombs and homes.
Local nonviolent activist Mohammad Tamimi said the soldiers also invaded and violently searched many homes in the village, and interrogated several Palestinians while inspecting their ID cards.
(Source / 13.12.2018)
13 DEC8:44 AM
Israeli rights group B’Tselem announced, on Wednesday, a report proving that Israeli soldiers used lethal force from a very close distance to kill a mentally disabled Palestinian.
On Tuesday, 4 December, 2018, at around midnight, some 100 Israeli soldiers invaded the city of Tulkarem, in the occupied West Bank.
Some of them entered four homes in different parts of the city and conducted a brief search. A few young Palestinian men came to the areas where the soldiers were and threw stones at them. The troops responded by firing rubber-coated metal bullets and teargas.
Days of Palestine further reports that, at some point during the night, about 30 soldiers came to the area of a-Nuzha Street, an east-west street in the western part of Tulkarem.
Some of the forces spread out along the street in groups of threes and fours. The others entered the alleyway opposite al-Fadiliyah Boys’ High School and raided a home, there.
Further down the street, about 150 meters away from the soldiers, several residents were standing at the doorway of the a-Sabah Restaurant and on the adjacent street.
One of them was Mohammad Habali, a mentally challenged 22-year-old from Tulkarem Refugee Camp. Habali walked back and forth, crossing and re-crossing the road.
Video footage from four security cameras installed on three separate buildings along the street shows that that area was perfectly quiet and that there were no clashes there with soldiers.
Taken together, B’Tselem’s investigation and this footage indicate that at 2:25am, an officer and two soldiers advanced towards a-Sabah Restaurant and stopped about 80 meters away.
A few seconds later, the soldiers fired four or five shots at the young men standing in front of the restaurant, and the young men fled.
Habali, who is seen in the footage carrying a long wooden stick – which he had picked up a few minutes before the shooting – was the last to leave.
After he took several steps, he was shot in the head from behind, from a distance of about 80 meters. Another shot hit M H, a resident of Tulkarem, in the leg.
About a minute after the shooting, the three soldiers are seen rejoining the other soldiers in the area and leaving, without providing Habali or M H with any medical assistance. More shots were then heard. Habali was taken to hospital in Tulkarem, where he arrived unconscious, not breathing and without a pulse.
Resuscitation attempts failed and he was pronounced dead a short while later. M H was driven to the hospital in another car, and X-rays showed a bullet lodged in his left leg.
(Source / 13.12.2018)
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu feels proud of murdering the Palestinians in West Bank
Israeli occupation forces have murdered four Palestinians in West Bank since dawn, prompting massive wave of protests among the Palestinians.
In the city of Ramallah, in the centre of the occupied West Bank, the Israeli occupation forces stormed a house, where Ashraf Naalwa, whom Israel claim carried out an attack on an Israeli settlement two months ago, and liquidated him.
Meanwhile, in Nablus, the Israeli occupation forces stormed a house and liquidated the Palestinian youth Saleh al-Barghouti.
Al-Barghouti, according to Israeli occupation sources, opened fire early this week at an Israeli settlement and wounded seven illegal settlers from the illegal settlement of Ofra.
Several hours late, the Israeli occupation forces opened fire at the Palestinian youth Majd Muteer from a zero distance, claiming he attempted to kill two policemen in Jerusalem’s Old City.
At the southern entrance of Al-Bira, Israeli occupation killed a fourth Palestinian and the Israeli coordination committee informed the Palestinian Authority about the murder, but did not give more details.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu feels cheered that the Israeli occupation forces murdered the Palestinians, saying “we settled the score with them… and their life is forfeit.”
(Source / 13.12.2018)