Israel embarks on building concrete wall along border with Lebanon

NAZARETH, (PIC)– Haaretz Hebrew newspaper revealed that the Israeli army had embarked on building a 9-meter-high concrete wall in the Galilee along the border with Lebanon.  The Israeli newspaper quoted an Israeli military source on Tuesday as saying that there are ongoing engineering efforts to enhance security in the northern areas including erecting cement walls as well as military checkpoints.  The Israeli army has recently started to build a series of obstacles and to put high cement blocks along the Lebanon border. It also reduced the number of its forces in patrols along the borders. The Israeli security measures came in the wake of the escalation of tension between Israel and Hezbollah party on the issue of the assassination of Hezbollah leader Samir al-Qentar at the end of last year in Syria.  Israeli forces are planning to establish a network of walls along the borders with Jordan and Egypt as well as the border with Gaza in addition to the current Separation Wall in the West Bank and Jerusalem due to their fear of fighters who may sneak into 1948 Occupied Palestine to conduct anti-occupation attacks.

(Source / 22.03.2016)

IOF ravages Palestinian homes, student halls in West Bank

NABLUS, (PIC)– The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) at dawn Tuesday wreaked havoc on Palestinian civilian homes and student halls in the northern West Bank provinces of Nablus and Jenin. Activist Ahmad Zaydan said the IOF rolled into western Nablus in several army jeeps at two a.m. and stormed a school for Palestinian children in Tel town after they smashed its entrance gates. Clashes flared up in the area after the IOF rummaged into the family home of prisoner Khaldun Useida along with another civilian home. Activist Khaled Qassem said the IOF broke into the home of lawyer Muhammad Nu’man, to the northwest of Nablus, and ravaged the building. The IOF also stormed Beit Furik, in eastern Nablus, at the crack of dawn and ravaged the family home of prisoner Shaher Hanani before they seized an LCD screen and 800 shekels. A Palestinian youngster was kidnapped by the occupation troops from Asira al-Shamaliya town shortly after they stormed a local bakery. The IOF further rolled into Jenin province and rummaged into student halls at the Arab-American University in Zababda town. Heavily-armed occupation patrols cordoned off Zababda town and sealed off its main entrances with military checkpoints.

(Source / 22.03.2016)

Israel restricts Palestinian access to Al-Aqsa Mosque for Purim

JERUSALEM (Ma’an) — Israeli authorities imposed on Tuesday restrictions on Palestinians wishing to worship at the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied East Jerusalem during the Jewish holiday of Purim.Sheikh Azzam al-Khatib, the general director of the Jerusalem endowment and al-Aqsa mosque affairs department, told Ma’an that Israel had imposed restriction on the Al-Aqsa Mosque and banned all Palestinian men under the age of 50 from entering the compound.Extremists right-wing Israeli groups have called for raids of the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound during Purim wearing masks traditionally worn during the holiday.Israeli forces closed Al-Aqsa Mosque on Tuesday after preventing 17 Palestinians from entering the compound and detaining them.This year, Purim begins on Wednesday evening and ends late on Thursday.The Al-Aqsa compound, which sits just above the Western Wall plaza, houses both the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa mosque. The third holiest site in Islam, it is also venerated as Judaism’s most holy place as it sits where Jews believe the First and Second Temples once stood. The Second Temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.Following Israeli annexation of East Jerusalem in 1967, Israel has maintained a compromise with the Islamic trust that controls the Al-Aqsa compound to not allow non-Muslim prayers in the area. Israeli forces regularly escort Jewish visitors to the site, however, leading to tension with Palestinian worshipers.

(Source / 22.03.2016)

UAE’s Khalfan calls for single state under Jewish control

Dhahi Khalfan

Dhahi Khalfan: ‘I suggest no Palestinian state be established but Israel is enough to include Palestinians and Jews and Israel will join the Arab League…’

Deputy Chief of Dubai Police Dahi Khalfan yesterday called for integration with the Jews in a single state called Israel under Jewish control, Arabi21 reported.

Commenting on the secret removal of 17 Jews from Yemen to Israel, Khalfan tweeted: “We must deal with Jews as if they are not the enemy. We must deal with Jews as if we are cousins who are disputing control over the land and the result must be based on each other’s strongest proof.”

He continued: “I suggest no Palestinian state be established but Israel is enough to include Palestinians and Jews and Israel will join the Arab League 70 years later when 75 per cent of its residents will be Arabs. This way, we live with Jews in permanent peace.”

“A Palestinian state controlled by Arabs will result in a new failure state in the Arab world… The idea of the integration with Jews is fantastic,” noting this is the idea in South Africa, he wrote.

The controversial Arab security commander continued: “Jerusalem for us [Arabs] and Al-Mabka Wall [the Jewish Wailing Wall] for them [Jews]. This way, we live together, Arabs and Jews, in a state called rubbish… The name is not important.”

“Unity between Arabs and Jews in a historic moment means Allah’s force on earth… Without Jews, Arabs could not sign their names in banks… Oh Arabs, do not stop Israel, you will not be recognised without Jews, you will be recognised only if you became part of Israel.”

“Jews are good like normal people. Their treatment is better than ours,” he said, going on to ridiculed the name of Palestine: “Feles… teen… We do not like the name… Israel is better.”

(Source / 22.03.2016)

446 Palestinian female refugees died in Syria

DAMASCUS, (PIC)– A statistical report issued, on the occasion of Mother’s Day, by the Action Group for Palestinians of Syria showed that 446 Palestinian refugee women died due to the ongoing war in Syria.   Quds Press said that the report on Monday documented names of 75 Palestinian female prisoners held in Syrian jails. The number of Palestinian arrested women is likely to dramatically increase, the report pointed out.  It was highlighted in the report that there is a difficulty in collecting data of victims and prisoners in light of the Syrian secrecy in this regard.  The Action Group asked international human rights institutions to pressure the Syrian regime in order to release Palestinian refugee women from its jails and to release the names of the arrested women.  It also called on all Palestinian parties to prioritize the issue of Palestinian refugee captives in Syrian jails and to work on their immediate release.

(Source / 22.03.2016)

Soldiers Injure A Child In Deheishe, Confiscate Print Shop Equipment And Kidnap A Palestinian

Israeli soldiers invaded, on Tuesday morning, the Deheishe refugee camp, south of Bethlehem, broke into and searched homes, and a print shop, while one child was injured by an explosive dropped by the army during the invasion.

deheishe kind

The soldiers surrounded the refugee camp before invading it, and initiated a search campaign targeting many homes, and stores.

Local sources said the soldiers invaded a home and a print shop, belonging to Akram Sha’fout, and searched them, before confiscating machines, computers and printed artwork.

The soldiers also invaded the home of Shadi Abu Ajamiyya, and searched his property before kidnaping him, and confiscated mobile phones belonging to him and his family.

The invasion into the camp led to clashes between the soldiers and dozens of local youths who hurled stones and empty bottles on them while the army fired gas bombs and rubber-coated steel bullets.

deheishe invasie

(Source / 22.03.2016)

WikiLeaks: US Sought Syria Regime Change For Israel’s Sake

The Clinton ideal was that the US would impose regime change with arms, and without troops, and that Russia wouldn’t dare oppose America.

Hillary Clinton at the 2016 American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) Policy Conference, Monday, March 21, 2016.  (AP/Andrew Harnik)

Hillary Clinton at the 2016 American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) Policy Conference, Monday, March 21, 2016

It is rare for a succinct foreign policy platform paper to so fully reflect a candidate’s thinking process. The State Department email of Hillary Clinton, available on WikiLeaks, lays out the Democrat front-runner’s strategy as an architect of US intervention in Syria, shows the flawed reasoning that beget the scheme, and perhaps most importantly is totally blind to the huge problems that the war ultimately led to.

As with so many US wars in the Middle East, it all starts with Israel, and then-Secretary of State Clinton saw the US imposing regime change in Syria as primarily about benefiting Israel and spiting Iran, a position that closely mirrors several Israeli officials on the matter.

The Clinton ideal was that the US would impose regime change with arms, and without troops, and that Russia wouldn’t dare oppose America (noting Russia did nothing during Kosovo), that the new US-backed Syrian government would abandon ties with Iran, turn against Hezbollah, and potentially negotiate a peace settlement with Israel, while the rest of the Arab world cheers America “as fighting for their people.”

The number of flaws in the reasoning are huge, and in hindsight very few of Clinton’s predictions came to pass, from her declaration that the Iran nuclear talks wouldn’t lead to a deal, that Russia wouldn’t defend the Assad government from US-backed rebels, that US pledges of arms would lead to more defections from the Syrian military, etc.

Perhaps the most glaring mistakes, however, are the ones that go totally unwritten, with Clinton totally blind to the prospect of Islamist groups getting involved. Five years into the civil war, US-backed rebels are still comparatively trivial, despite huge weapons shipments, and ISIS and other Islamist groups control more than half of the country.

Clinton’s position seems to be wrong at nearly every turn, with her one correct analysis being the fairly trite observation that Israel wants to retain a nuclear monopoly in the Middle East, without offering any plausible reason for why the US should commit forces to supporting that.

While the paper serves as instructive on Clinton’s interventionist leanings, it may also be educational on the interventionist mentality in general, showing how quickly the notion of a “low cost” war becomes official policy, and that policymakers are ultimately blind not just to the reality on the ground, but to the bigger risks of their schemes.

(Source / 22.03.2016)

3 Palestinians on hunger strike for freedom, against administrative detention

3strikers

Palestinians held under Israeli administrative detention without charge or trial are continuing hunger strikes to demand their freedom.

Yazan Hanani, of Beit Furik south of Nablus is on hunger strike for 35 days; he has been held under administrative detention since 28 October 2015. He is demanding his freedom. Hanani, 24, has spent three years in Israeli prisons and was not able to complete his university studies due to ongoing arrests.

The Women’s Committee of Beit Furik is holding an open solidarity tent in support of Hanani’s strike.

Hanani is not the only Palestinian prisoner on hunger strike; Sami Janazreh, 43, from Al-Khalil, has been on hunger strike for 20 days. He has been held without charge or trial under administrative detention since 15 November 2015.

Reports also indicate that Imad Batran, 41, said in a letter to Al-Muhja Jerusalem Foundation on Thursday, 17 March that he hwas been on hunger strike since 25 February in protest of his administrative detention without charge or trial since 27 April 2015. Batran also stated that he is boycotting the occupation courts and rejects participation in the administrative detention hearing or transport via Bosta to the court, stating that “they are a sham that implement the orders of the Zionist intelligence apparatus to give a veneer of legality to its decisions.”

Batran has been held in Israeli prisons seven previous times and has served over seven years in Israeli jails. He previously waged a hunger strike for 105 days against his administrative detention without charge or trial in 2013.

(Source / 22.03.2016)

Syrian Coalition Condemns Brussels Terrorist Attacks, Confirms Rejection of Terrorist Groups and Regimes

The Syrian Coalition condemned the terrorist attacks that targeted the Belgian capital Brussels today. It also condemned the attacks that targeted Ankara and Istanbul over the past few days.

In a statement released earlier today, the Syrian Coalition said it stands in solidarity with the families of the victims and with the Belgian and Turkish peoples.

The Syrian Coalition reiterated it “stands firmly by peoples and governments who are targeted by terrorism in the region, Europe and the rest of the world. These attacks make it imperative that we all stand united in the battle against terrorist organizations and the regimes that nurture them.”

“The Syrian Coalition emphasized that for security and peace to prevail in the world, we all need to work together towards eliminating the threat of terrorism,” the statement added.

The Coalition stressed that “to confront terrorist challenges in an effective way, the international community needs to hold firm to the universal humanitarian principles based on justice and freedom as well as to support peoples in their struggle against injustice and tyranny. The international community also needs to take a firm stand against terrorist regimes given the role of the Assad regime in fueling terrorism and its direct responsibility for the spread of terror.”

(Source: Syrian Coalition / 22.03.2016)

IOF confiscates 1 million dollar worth of industrial equipment in Bethlehem

BETHLEHEM, (PIC)– The Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) confiscated on Monday a one million dollar worth of industrial equipment after breaking into the industrial zone in Beit Fujar town south of Bethlehem. The Quds Press quoted the town’s mayor Ali Taqatqa as saying that Israeli forces stormed the industrial zone in large numbers since the early morning hours and erected military checkpoints throughout the area, preventing the people’s movement. The IOF soldiers took nearly seven hours to dismantle the industrial equipment and machines before moving them to an unknown place. Palestinian workers were brutally assaulted during the raid, the sources added.

(Source / 22.03.2016)