Israeli authorities to demolish 13 homes, structures in Azzun

QALQILIYA (Ma’an) — Israeli forces on Thursday delivered stop-work and demolition orders to 13 Palestinian homes and structures in the occupied West Bank town of Azzun, locals said.

Hassan Shubaita, a local who documents Israeli violations in the Qalqilya-area town, told Ma’an that Israeli military forces raided the area near route 55 before delivering the orders.Shubaita added that the notices included demolition of inhabited homes, homes under construction, and tin shacks which were reportedly built without the proper permits.The owners of the structures, along with the village mayor, plan to appeal the demolitions.Shubatia told Ma’an the structures and houses in question belonged to Maher Mishal, Said Nofal, Ashraf Sweidan, Azem Salem, Rashid Yassen, Ayman Hussain, Ibrahim Enaya, Momen Hussien, Mustafa Chello, Eiad al-Akhras, Adham Salem, Maen Salem and Muhammad Salem.The Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories Unit (COGAT) did not have immediate information on the demolition orders.The majority home demolitions in the occupied West Bank occur in Area C, which is under full Israeli military control. In order for Palestinians to build in Area C, land owners must obtain building permits from the Israeli authorities. Such permits are nearly impossible to obtain for Palestinian, forcing communities to build illegally.The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) found that between 2010 and 2014, only 1.5 percent of 2,020 Palestinian building permit requests submitted were approved.As of mid-February, the number of Palestinians displaced due to Israeli demolitions in 2016 was already equivalent to over half of the total number displaced in all of 2015, a senior UN official said last month.

(Source / 10.03.2016)

Geef een antwoord

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *