IOF attack weekly nonviolent protests in the occupied West Bank

Photo from Bil'in village this Friday afternoon. Photo credit: Mohammed Yasin/al-Quds News.

Photo from Bil’in village this Friday afternoon

Israeli occupation forces (IOF) attacked, on Friday, the weekly nonviolent protest against the apartheid Wall and the illegal Israeli settlements, in Bil’in village, west of Ramallah and the weekly nonviolent protest in KafrQaddoum town, causing dozens to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.

In Bil’in village, west of Ramallah, the weekly nonviolent protest started from the center of the village, when locals and international peace activists marched towards the villagers’ orchards.

The Popular Committee against the Wall and Settlements in Bil’in reported that the Israeli soldiers fired many gas bombs, concussion grenades and rubber-coated steel bullets at the protesters, causing dozens to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.

In February this year, Bil’in village celebrated the eleventh anniversary of ongoing popular, nonviolent struggle against the construction of the illegal apartheid wall, illegal settlements and the escalating Israeli violations against the Palestinian population.

In KafrQaddoum town, near Qalqilia, the IOF violently assaulted the weekly nonviolent protest against the apartheid Wall and the illegal Israeli settlements.

Many Palestinians suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation, especially after the soldiers fired many gas bombs into the village, also striking several homes.

The town’s residents have been protesting for the fifth consecutive year, demanding Israel to reopen the town’s main road, that connects the small town with the surrounding Palestinian communities.

The village’s main road was closed by the IOF thirteen years ago, in an attempt to allow easy access to the Israeli settlers driving to and from the illegal Kedumim settlement.

Furthermore, the IOF also attacked Palestinians who were protesting the killing of a woman at Gush Etzion junction Friday morning. The protest was held in one of Bethlehem’s main street, near Rachel’s Tomb, north of the city, where the IOF have a military base.

The Israeli soldiers fired tons of tear gas and rubber-coated metal bullets against the protesters, trying to suppress the protest.

Two Palestinian Red Crescent paramedics suffered from excessive tear gas inhalation when the IOF fired a tear gas canister at their ambulance.

Muhammad Awad, who heads the Palestinian Red Crescent’s ambulance and emergencies department, stated that the IOF targeted the ambulance while its emergency crew was aiding injured youths.

The tear gas canister smashed through the front window of the ambulance, causing two of its crew to suffer excessive tear gas inhalation. They were identified as Ayman Dababseh and Fadi Jaafreh.

(Source / 04.03.2016)

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *