RAMALLAH, (PIC)– A Palestinian armed man, believed to be affiliated with the resistance, opened fire at Beit El settlement east of al-Bireh city on Saturday night. According to Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper, several shots were fired at housing units inside Beit El settlement. Some bullets hit the walls of some units and caused panic among the residents. The source of fire is still unclear, but there is an Israeli belief that it was from the nearby refugee camp of Jalazoun. Consequently, the Israeli occupation army combed the area around the settlement in search for the attacker. Israel’s channel 10 claimed the gunman used a sniper rifle in his attack on the settlement. Several shooting attacks on Beit El happened recently in retaliation to Israeli violations against the Palestinians and their land. During the first weeks of al-Quds intifada (uprising), which started in early October last year, the military checkpoint leading to the illegal settlement had seen violent clashes between local young men and soldiers almost on a daily basis before security forces from the Palestinian Authority intervened and quelled all protests against the occupation in the area.
(Source / 28.02.2016)
GAZA, (PIC)– Three unarmed Palestinians were arrested by the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) near Gaza border on Saturday morning while heading to 1948 Occupied Palestine to seek jobs. Residents of the border-fence adjacent to Eshkol Settlement Council, in southern Gaza Strip, were instructed to remain at home earlier in the day after three infiltrators were seen as crossing the border fence into the Eshkol council. A state of emergency was declared in several communities in the Eshkol region due to reports of the infiltrators while the IOF combed the area in search for the alleged infiltrators. Preliminary investigations showed that the arrested Palestinians sought to escape blockaded Gaza to seek work in 1948 Occupied Palestine. Head of the Eshkol settlement council called for pressing ahead with the construction of an apartheid wall along the border with Gaza. MK Haim Yellin (Yesh Atid), a resident of Nahal Oz, said: “The Prime Minister and Defense Minister can continue calming the local mayors and settlers with their words, but it’s time for action. Until a barrier is built the IOF will continue chasing infiltrators and terrorists.”
(Source / 28.02.2016)
AL-KHALIL, (PIC)– The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Sunday morning confiscated construction equipment worth over one million shekels from a Palestinian company in Beit Ummar town, northwest of al-Khalil city. Anti-settlement activist Mohamed Awad told the Palestinian Information Center (PIC) that Israeli policemen and soldiers appropriated machines and equipment from Ghazalah company in Beit Za’nah, east of Beit Ummar town. Manager of the company Mohamed Ghazalah said the seized equipment, which is used to cut construction steel, was loaded onto a large truck and taken to Gush Etzion settlement. Ghazalah added that all the equipment was purchased from Tel Aviv with official documents. During the Israeli raid on the company’s equipment site, the IOF closed the road leading to it and barred the movement of Palestinian vehicles and citizens.
(Source / 28.02.2016)
During the speech which covered a range of issue, Mr Haniyeh condemned the assassination of the former Palestinian prisoner Omar Al-Naif in the Palestinian embassy in Bulgaria
Deputy Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said on Friday that the borders of the Gaza Strip with Egypt have been made “safe by a political decision.” He called on the Egyptian authorities to open the Rafah Crossing and facilitate the normal life of residents in the enclave.
Mr Haniyeh was speaking during a celebration organised in the southern city of Rafah adjacent to Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula.
“We have no military or security roles in Sinai or the Egyptian Rafah,” he said. “We did not allow anyone to destabilise Egypt in the past, and we will not allow anyone to do so in the future.”
He stressed that his movement maintains “good relations” with Egypt and denied any interference in Egypt’s internal affairs; a policy that is upheld by the movement toward all other Arab countries.
Read: Hamas looks forward to a new phase with Egypt
During the speech which covered a range of issue, Mr Haniyeh condemned theassassination of the former Palestinian prisoner Omar Al-Naif in the Palestinian embassy in Bulgaria. He described this as a “shameful stigma” and damning proof of “Israel’s ongoing crimes” against the Palestinian people.
In this regard, Haniyeh held the Palestinian Authority responsibility for the assassination, calling on it to investigate the incident and bring the perpetrators to justice.
He also saluted the prisoner Mohamed Al-Qeeq, who ended his 94-day hunger-strike on Friday. He was protesting against his captivity in Israeli administrative detention.
Regarding the ongoing intifada in the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem, Haniyeh reiterated that this movement “fully supports it,” describing it as “the greatest strategic turning point” to occur in recent years.
On the issue of national reconciliation Haniyeh said Hamas remains absolutely committed to achieving it on the basis of “full partnership and mutual recognition.” He lamented the fact that elements within Fatah are still refusing to recognise Hamas as a military, political and democratically legitimate power.
Israeli forces push Palestinian demonstrators demanding the reopening of Shuhada Street in the Israeli occupied West Bank city of al-Khalil Hebron on February 26, 2016
Dozens of Palestinians have taken to the streets in the occupied West Bank city of al-Khalil (Hebron) to peacefully mark the anniversary of a 1994 massacre carried out by an Israeli settler at a mosque.
On Friday, Israeli soldiers used stun grenades to disperse crowds of Palestinians who gathered to mark the February 25 massacre of 29 Muslims praying at the Ibrahimi Mosque in al-Khalil.
Reports say a Palestinian demonstrator and a journalist were detained by Israeli forces.
They demanded the reopening of the key thoroughfare known as “Martyrs Street” or Shuhada Street, which has been closed to Palestinians since the incident.
The protesters also slammed the Tel Aviv regime’s illegal settlement expansion in the occupied Palestinian lands as they gathered near the Israeli settlement of Kyriat Arba.
Kyriat Arba was the home of Baruch Goldstein, the settler who opened fire on the Palestinian worshipers at the Ibrahimi Mosque. The assailant was then beaten to death after the killings.
In 2000, Israel declared the area a “closed military zone,” only allowing Palestinians to access the area by foot.
The demonstration comes amid ongoing tensions between Israelis and Palestinian protesters in the occupied territories. Nearly 190 Palestinians have been killed since the outbreak of violence last October.
Palestinians are angry at what they say is a covert plan by the Israelis to change the status quo of the al-Aqsa Mosque, a highly revered place for the Muslims in the occupied East al-Quds (Jerusalem.)
They have also raised concerns over a growing trend of settler attacks on Palestinian houses and properties in the West Bank, which they say could be a sign of Israel’s plans for more illegal settlement activities there.
(Source / 28.02.2016)
Arrival of the wounded to the hospitals was delayed due to the fly out Israeli checkpoints
Palestinian security sources said that the Israeli occupation forces stopped the PRC ambulances, which evacuated the wounded and released them after conducting a thorough research
Days of Palestine, West Bank -Israeli occupation forces shot and seriously wounded two Palestinian youths in the West Bank city of Bethlehem on Sunday afternoon.
Spokeswoman Palestinian Red Crescent (PRC) Errab Foqoha said that two Palestinians were shot in the chest by Israeli occupation forces in the village of Al-Khader.
Foqaha said that a PRC ambulance evacuated both of them to two different Palestinian hospitals, where doctor said that they suffered serious injuries.
Eyewitnesses said that the two Palestinians were shot during the invasion of the Israeli occupation forces of the village, where they arbitrarily opened fire at Palestinians.
According to the witnesses, one of the victims was identified as Hisham Sbeih. He was shot while in his car, which was positioned in its park front yard of his house.
Palestinian security sources said that the Israeli occupation forces stopped the PRC ambulances, which evacuated the wounded and released them after conducting a thorough research.
Israeli occupation officials did not have yet confirmed the shooting, but said they would like to check the news reports about it.
(Source / 28.02.2016)
SALFIT, (PIC)– Several Palestinians choked on tear gas on Saturday afternoon after Israeli occupation troops and settlers rolled into Salfit’s eastern village of Yasuf. Head of the Yasuf village council, Hafed Abeyeh, said several settlers, escorted by occupation troops, stormed the village in an attempt to crack down on the Palestinian civilians and wreak havoc on their homes and properties. Clashes flared up shortly after the assault and culminated in several suffocation cases among the Palestinian protesters after the occupation patrols showered the area with heavy spates of bullet fire and teargas canisters. Eyewitnesses said the Israeli soldiers also sealed off the village entrance with a military checkpoint, where Palestinian vehicles and passengers were provocatively inspected. Clashes further rocked the Jenin-Nablus Street, in the northern occupied West Bank, following an ambush set up by the Israeli occupation soldiers. Three Palestinians were reportedly arrested in the area as they were driving a civilian car. The IOF further chased down and kidnapped an unidentified Palestinian youth at the Dutan checkpoint, in southern Jenin province.
(Source / 28.02.2016)
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– A Palestinian expert in reconstruction warned of the imminent collapse of Palestinian buildings and homes in the Old City of Occupied Jerusalem due to Israeli excavations. Speaking to the PIC, engineer Mustafa Abu Zahra called on Arabs and Muslims to support Occupied Jerusalem after Israeli underground tunnels and excavations damaged its infrastructure. He said the damaged residential neighborhoods date back to the Ottoman period and have been homes for Palestinians’ for centuries. Several cracks and fissures emerged on the walls and rooftops of several Palestinian homes and civilian structures in Occupied Jerusalem following the striking surge in Israeli diggings and underground tunnels. “Every single home, every single site, and every single wall is a bulletproof vest for Muslims’ the holy al-Aqsa Mosque, the Old City, and Occupied Jerusalem,” the expert added.
(Source / 28.02.2016)
By: Sami, the bedouin.
One cant understand the Palestinian political structure without referring to the root of the “crisis” in our leadership which is the zionist assassination policy:
The zionist project of occupying Palestine started by establishing the main zionist Organization the “JNF” Jewish National Fund in 1901 for the purpose of buying land properties from the native Palestinians to pave the way for establishing their “Jewish State” … this didnt work well for them as the natives refused to sell their land to the “jewish” colonizers and accordingly the “buying the land” project failed drastically.
Since early 1930, a different project began: a detailed registry or inventory of Arab villages the Jewish National Fund (JNF) was assigned to compile…. The final inventory update was finished in 1947 with lists of “wanted” persons in each village targeted in 1948 for search-and-arrest operations with those seized summarily shot on the spot in cold blood.
The idea was simple – kill the leaders and anyone thought to be a threat the British hadn’t already eliminated quelling the 1936-39 uprising. It created a power vacuum neutralizing any effective opposition to Zionists’ plans.
So, since then, the zionist occupiers adopted their assassination strategy to execute any promising Palestinian leader to pave the way to the corrupt or “less dangerous” ones
It is time to call things by their right name and expose what is taking place on the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Israel, with the support of the United States, is carrying out a policy of assassinations that has as its aim the destruction of the political infrastructure of the Palestinian national movement.
The claim that Palestinian leaders are being stalked and killed to preempt terrorist acts is little more than a cover for a policy with far broader aims. The Israeli state is employing the most sophisticated military and technological means to decapitate the leadership and terrorize the entire Palestinian population. The basic objective is to prevent at all costs the emergence of an independent Palestinian state.
So .. since the early 1930s the Palestinian political, intellectual, military, and cultural leadership is deliberately and systematically targeted by the zionist death squads through a well-planned strategy to “ethnically cleanse” the Palestinians not only from their land, but from the cultural and intellectual Arab map.
The zionist project has failed in this simply because we have the generative womb that all the time brings new leaders to keep the struggle for the freedom of Palestine.
Now, lets ask: Have the zionist spare the leaders from any Palestinian faction from assassination and arresting? Not only the political leaders, but any intellectual that can promote and revive the Palestinian identity … think out of the zionist box please !
Mahmoud Abou Zaid
CAIRO: Egypt’s Journalists’ Syndicate filed Saturday a complaint to the Attorney-General office and the Minister of Interior over alleged “violations” committed against detained journalists in maximum-security prison of al-Aqrab (Scorpion) in Southern Cairo.
The Syndicate received Thursday complaints from the detained journalists’ relatives and friends about “grave violations” to extend some of the detainees began a hunger strike, according to a statement by the Syndicate Saturday.
The violations include leaving the detainees inside solitary confinement without opening any window for natural light, according to the complaint.
The detainees’ wives issued a complaint says that the violation include reducing the period of time during which the detainees can walk outside their cells.
“Mold has spread inside the cells due to lack of ventilation and increasing humidity; there are not enough provided blankets and hot drinks despite cold weather which reached 5 degrees Celsius inside a cell.” the complaint stated.
The wives also complained that the Prison Administration sometime prevents the visits to relatives for months or allows only a few visitors, adding that some relatives stay all night in the street outside the prison to register early.
“We inform you that your colleagues (detained journalists) have declared that they are on hunger strike until meeting their demands and improving their situations to be equal to all other prisons in terms of conditions and visits,” the wives stated in their complaint.
The Syndicate of Journalists called for holding those who responsible for these violations accountable, demanding the Minister of Interior to transport the detained journalists from al-Aqrab Prison to another place where the relatives could visit the detainees.
Egypt has become the second worst jailer of journalists worldwide, second only to China; 23 are now in jail, compared to 12 being held in 2014, according to report released by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) in December 2015.
(Source / 28.02.2016)