Introducing Palestine Post: Breaking News & Daily Briefings on Zionist Crimes in the OPT
Middle East Rising would like to introduce our new project called Palestine Post. We will be bringing you live, breaking news from the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT) and daily briefings on the crimes of the Tel Aviv regime against the occupied people of Palestine. This is a collaborative effort between several news agencies, Khamakar Press (Holland), Days of Palestine (Occupied Palestine/Gaza), Free Palestine (Italy) and Middle East Rising (USA/global).
PALESTINE POST Briefing: 18 January, 2016
1) Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) rounded up eight Palestinians including a woman in arrest campaigns in the West Bank Saturday night and Sunday morning.
2) A 19-year-old Palestinian teen, Marwan al-Qasrawi, from Jenin, was killed on Sunday by Israeli occupation forces who shot him at Howarah checkpoint to the south of Nablus city. The martyr Qasrawi sustained fatal injuries and was left to bleed to death.
3) Head of Hamas’s political bureau Khaled Mishaal has pledged to intervene urgently with the concerned parties to solve the problem of the medical services which the Palestinian refugees in Lebanon have encountered lately as a result of the UNRWA cuts.
4) The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) on Sunday morning opened machinegun fire at Palestinian farmers working on their plots of land east of Khan Younis, south of the Gaza Strip.
5) The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) at dawn Sunday kidnapped a Palestinian woman from her home in al-Deheisheh refugee camp, south of Bethlehem city, and handed three ex-detainees summonses for interrogation.Local sources said that Israeli soldiers entered the camp from different sides, and broke into and ransacked the house of Hamas- affiliated prisoner Ahmed al-Maghrabi before they kidnapped his wife Hanadi Hammash.
6) The Palestinian Ministry of Health says more than two dozen Palestinians have lost their lives and hundreds of others sustained injuries due to Israeli fire in the blockaded Gaza Strip since the beginning of October last year. The ministry announced on Sunday that 25 Palestinians were killed and 1,400 others injured with live and rubber-coated steel bullets in the Gaza Strip since October 1, 2015.
7) Israeli soldiers shot dead, on Sunday afternoon, a young Palestinian man, allegedly after attempting to stab a soldier, at the Huwwara military roadblock, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus. Palestinian medical sources said the young man has been identified as Wisam Marwan Qasrawi, 21, from Msalya village, southeast of the northern West Bank city of Jenin.
8) Israeli soldiers shot and injured, Sunday, a Palestinian child, while many residents suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation, after several Israeli military vehicles invaded Beit Forik town, east of the northern West Bank city of Nablus.
9) The Israeli military court of Ofer prison rejected an appeal to end the administrative detention of hunger-striking Palestinian prisoner Muhammad al-Qeeq, on Saturday.
10) The Israeli Prison Service has refused to allow a 45-year old Palestinian prisoner to receive a medically-indicated, lifesaving heart surgery. The prisoner is now in an intermittent coma as a result, and is likely to die unless the surgery is performed, according to local sources.