GAZA, (PIC)– Islamic Jihad movement leader Khaled al-Batesh said that following intensive Egyptian contacts and efforts, the calm agreement has been restored in Gaza Strip in accordance with understandings reached in 2012 in Cairo.
Batesh said on Thursday afternoon on his Facebook page that after Egyptian strenuous efforts the ceasefire has been reinstated, and that the Islamic Jihad movement would hold its fire as long as Israel did the same.
For his part, the movement spokesman Daoud Shihab stressed that his movement was not concerned with the escalation and that the Israeli occupation forces have violated the calm agreement reached with Egyptian mediation in November 2012 more than 1,400 times.
Hebrew sources said that – until this moment – there was no Israeli official confirmation that the truce agreement with Palestinian factions in the Gaza Strip has been restored.
The Quds Brigades, the armed wing of Islamic Jihad, fired dozens of rockets at Israeli targets on Wednesday after Israeli soldiers killed three of its fighters a day earlier in an air raid.
The armed wing called its retaliation “breaking the silence”, adding that the firing of those rockets was in reprisal to the Israeli crimes against the Palestinian people in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
(Source / 13.03.2014)