Saturday, 27 April 2013 / GMJ – The International Central Committee of the Global March to Jerusalem (GMJ-ICC) held a preparatory meeting in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, on April 23, 2013. Members of the Central Committee and representatives of national and international committees representing a large number of countries from different continents attended the meeting.
The Committee discussed the ongoing Zionist crimes and threats against the city of Jerusalem, its people and holy sites. It expressed grave concern about the judaisation and alteration of the city’s sanctities. The Committee also pointed to the racist policies adopted by the occupation toward the Palestinian citizens, which are intended to force them out of Jerusalem in a process of ethnic cleansing. The Israelis aim, it noted, was to evacuate the city’s Arab residents and replace them with Jewish settlers.
The attendants discussed a wide range of issues, which included decisions and measures to guarantee the success of the Global March to Jerusalem. The March is scheduled to commence on Friday, June 7, 2013, which coincides with the 46th anniversary of the occupation of the eastern part of the city.
The March will depart from all the Palestinian cities towards the closest point to Jerusalem. At the same time, people in the neighboring countries will walk toward Jerusalem or the closest cities in their countries to it. The Global March will be popular and peaceful. It will express solidarity with Jerusalem and Palestine and affirm the necessity of popular measures to liberate them from Zionist racism. The March will also denounce all Zionist crimes and violations against the holy city, its inhabitants and its identity.
At the end of the meeting, the Central Committee agreed to:
- Establish the March as an annual occasion of solidarity with the Palestinian people for the defense of Jerusalem and its holy sites.
- Highlight through this March the issue of the holy city and to place it at the top of the agendas of the popular forces in the world.
- Encourage all popular committees, organizations and solidarity groups around the globe to exert their utmost efforts to work for the success of this March and its accompanying activities.
- Call upon all forces and individuals in Palestine and Jerusalem to take part in these national activities under a central slogan which is: “All people of the world demand the liberation of Jerusalem… all the people of the world demand an end to the Zionist occupation of Palestine.”
- Call for official authorities in all the countries involved in the activity to facilitate the March and work to achieve its political aims.
- Affirm the importance of Egyptian involvement and the role of all popular powers in facing the occupation and Judaisation projects targeting the city of Jerusalem and threatening its Islamic and Christian holy sites.
- Hold the occupying power, Israel, responsible for the consequences of its continuous crimes against Jerusalem on the stability and peace of the region and the whole world. It also affirms that the Israeli crimes against Jerusalem, Palestine and their inhabitants constitute a crime not only against the Palestinians, but also against humanity.
International Central Committee of the Global March to Jerusalem
(Source / 29.04.2013)