On Thursday morning, Israeli bulldozers demolished five commercial buildings and arrested three people in the village of Husan, west of Bethlehem.
The aftermath of an Israeli home demolition in the Bedouin village of al-Araqib in the Negev desert.
Locals told Palestinian government news wire Wafa that an “enormous force” of Israeli troops accompanied by bulldozers raided the western area of the village nearby the settlement of Beitar Illit, which stands on Palestinian lands belonging to Husan, Nahhalin and Wadi Fukin.
During the operation, Israeli forces demolished an irrigation pond and support wall belonging to Hasan Mohammed Hamamreh, as well as a plant nursery and a store belonging to Sabri Ahmed Shawasheh. A nearby restaurant was also demolished, as well as a car wash owned by Firas Sabri Shawasheh and a grocery belonging to his brother.
Husan village council head Jamal Sabatin told Wafa that Israeli soldiers did not limit demolitions to Husan but also stole six tons of construction iron belonging to Fou’ad Sabatin. He said Israeli procedures against Husan had been increasing lately, with another operation taking place last week in which soldiers burnt a greenhouse.
Sabatin said that the Israeli forces also arrested three brothers, the twins Abdul Hay and Ibrahim Abbdul Aziz Shawasheh, in their forties, and Mahmoud, 30.
(mideastnews-danmike.blogspot.com / 01.12.2011)