Grand Imam of Al-Azhar: Muslims Are Actual Terrorism Victims

Al-Azhar’s Grand Imam Dr. Ahmed al-Tayeb gives an interview to Agence France Presse on June 9, 2015 in Florence

Al-Azhar’s Grand Imam Dr. Ahmed al-Tayeb said Monday that despite Muslims being described “by brutality and violence….they are only victims of terrorism,” explaining that the reasons behind terrorism are not Islam or any other religion, but global regimes that trade religions, and morals for power.

During his speech in the opening of the Al-Azhar’s international symposium under the theme “Islam and the West: Diversity and Integration,” Tayeb added that the eastern civilization respects religion and science regardless of their source.

Tayeb continued that the terrible silence on terrorism enabled armed political movements to link Islam to other terrorist crimes.

In his speech before the attendees, Belgian former Prime Minister Yves Leterme said that the West knows that Islam is devoted to democracy and equality, stressing the importance of dialogue to achieve its goals.

Former president of Montenegro Filip Vujanovic stated that the Islamic culture is based on rejecting violence and on respecting others. Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby said that believers will work devotedly to lay a common ground through which risks can be faced and peace attained.

The three-day seminar, held at Al-Azhar Conference Center, will discuss a number of topics related to Islam and Europe, including tension between Muslims and others in Europe.

(Source / 23.10.2018)

IOA closes Ibrahimi Mosque to Muslim worshipers

Ibrahimi Mosque al-Khalil

The Israeli occupation authority (IOA) on Wednesday closed the Ibrahimi Mosque in al-Khalil city before Muslim worshipers in order to allow Jewish settlers to  mark Yom Kippur at the Islamic holy site.

According to director of the Ibrahimi Mosque Sheikh Hafdhi Abu Asnaina, the IOA will also close the Mosque before Muslims next Tuesday and Wednesday to allow settlers to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Sukkot.

The Mosque will be closed for another Jewish occasion on October 27.

The Mosque had already been closed for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur last Sunday.

(Source / 19.09.2018)

Myanmar used weapons made in Israel to slaughter Rohingya Muslims

PALESTINOW.COM — “Israeli weapons are used in the ethnic and religious cleansing carried out by the Myanmar army against the Rohingya minority, resulting in the persecution of 700,000 Muslims who were slaughtered and expelled from their country, ”said Israeli writer and journalist Tsur Shezaf in an article published by the Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth.

Shezaf asserted that “Israel contributed to the grievances of Rohingya Muslims through its refusal to abide by the UN international boycott resolutions to prevent supplying Myanmar with arms.”

He also noted that Israel continues, through its army, security services and military industries, sending various weapons to the Armed Forces of Myanmar, including military technology.

Shezaf added that “Israel and Myanmar have longstanding historical ties, and it is not reasonable that we repeat today the same mistakes that we made in South Africa, during the apartheid regime, with Myanmar which is committing ethnic cleansing crimes. Currently, Israel is contributing to a new tragedy.”

He confirmed that “Israel’s continued support for Myanmar’s actions, through sending arms and military supplies despite the mass killings, property destruction and rapes committed by the Army. This is an unjustifiable imbecility. This will result in the creation of new refugee camps around Myanmar, specifically in Bangladesh, and from there more armed groups will surface.

Shezaf also noted that “the Rohingyas are subjected to systematic deportation and ethnic cleansing by the Myanmarese and Buddhists in the western side of Myanmar. They are forced to stay in refugee camps set up by Bangladesh on small areas, sheltering one million women, toddlers, men, elders and infants.”

He pointed out that some Rohingya women are still having babies as a result of rapes committed by the Myanmar army, police and Buddhist monks.

Shezaf concluded: “Millions live amidst poor environmental circumstances, where they cannot have a minimum of decent living conditions.  Today, after Rohingyas’ lives became almost impossible, the UN woke up and officially declared that Myanmar, including the army, the police as well as the Buddhist establishment and even the Prime Minister and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, are all responsible for killing an entire population.”

(Source / 31.08.2018)

Israel banned call to prayer 298 times at key mosque

Israeli Jews walk outside the Ibrahimi Mosque, also called the Tomb of the Patriarchs, during the Jewish Passover holiday, in the West Bank city of Hebron, April 5, 2015

Israel prohibited the Muslim call to prayer 298 times in the first half of this year at a historical mosque in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron, Anadolu reports.

“Occupying Israeli forces prohibited the Azan, including calls to Friday prayer, at the Ibrahimi Mosque 298 times in the first six months of 2018,” Palestinian Religious Endowments Minister Yousef Adais said Tuesday in a written statement.

He said Israel was strengthening its presence at the mosque and closed it for two consecutive days using Jewish festivals as an excuse.

He also touched on violations committed by Jewish settlers.

“The immorality and violations of Jewish settlers have also crossed the line – so much so that they organized parties with music until midnight inside the Ibrahimi Mosque. They have also set up huge camps in southern courtyards of the mosque,” Adais said.

Read: Rights groups petition Israel to end arms sale to neo-Nazi group

In June, dozens of Jewish settlers backed by Israeli police forced their way into the mosque, where they performed Talmudic rituals and held a music concert attended by senior Jewish rabbis and Israeli Internal Security Minister Gilad Arad.

Adais added that Israel was also interrupting restoration work at the mosque and its courtyard.

“All efforts must be made to strengthen the resistance of the people living in the region to protect the Ibrahimi Mosque and the Old City and to fight against the occupation regime and racist actions,” he stressed.

The Ibrahimi Mosque is located in Hebron’s Old City district, which is home to some 160,000 Palestinian Muslims and about 500 Jewish settlers, with the latter living in a series of Jewish-only enclaves heavily guarded by Israeli troops.

In 1994, Baruch Goldstein, an Israeli-American Jewish settler, gunned down 29 Palestinian Muslims as they prayed at the mosque before being killed himself.

Since then, the mosque – believed to have been built on the tomb of Prophet Ibrahim – has been divided into a Muslim section (45 percent) and a Jewish section (55 percent).

(Source / 11.07.2018)

Top Egypt court orders temporary YouTube ban over Prophet Mohammad video

Youtube screenshot [File photo]

Egypt’s top administrative court ruled on Saturday that regulators must block the video file-sharing site YouTube for one month over a video that denigrates the Prophet Mohammad, a lawyer who filed the case told Reuters.

A lower administrative court had ordered that the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology block YouTube, owned by Google, in 2013 over the video, but the case was appealed and its ruling stayed during the appeal process.

The ministry at the time said it would be impossible to enforce the ruling without also disrupting Google’s Internet search engine, incurring potentially huge costs and job losses in the Arab world’s most populous country.

The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology was not immediately available for comment. YouTube appeared to be working in Egypt on Saturday as of 1250 GMT.

The film “Innocence of Muslims”, a low-budget 13-minute video, was billed as a film trailer and made in California with private funding. It provoked a wave of anti-American unrest in Egypt and other Muslim countries when it appeared in 2012.

Mohamed Hamid Salem, a lawyer who filed the case in 2013, said the ruling also orders that all links that broadcast the film be blocked.

The ruling is considered final and cannot be appealed.

(Source / 27.05.2018)

Charlie Hebdo joins media campaign against Muslim girl in France

Student Union Leader at Paris’ Sorbonne University, Maryam Pougetoux, stirred controversy in France after she appeared on TV wearing a headscarf

Student Union Leader at Paris’ Sorbonne University, Maryam Pougetoux, stirred controversy in France after she appeared on TV wearing a headscarf

atirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo has joined a campaign of hatred waged by politicians and media circles in against Student Union Leader at Paris’ Sorbonne University, Maryam Pougetoux, who appeared on television wearing a headscarf.

The magazine published a provocative cartoon depicting Pougetoux as monkey wearing the Muslim headscarf with the caption “they chose me to head the UNEF” (French National Student Union).

Commentators said the cartoon is the latest in the magazine’s long history of abuse against Islam and Muslims.

French Interior Minister, Gerard Collomb, stirred controversy when he criticised Pougetoux’s attire saying he was shocked to see the 19- year-old girl appear on French television, saying it is clear that young Muslims are planning to fight a cultural battle.

Meanwhile, Pougetoux defended herself in an interview, saying her headscarf has nothing to do with politics and stems from personal faith.

Maryam appeared in a documentary on French television to discuss student protests over education reforms proposed by French President Emmanuel Macron.

France: Jewish deputy mayor complains of ‘too many Arabs’

(Source / 25.05.2018)

Saudi Arabia closes twitter account of Makkah Imam

The Saud Arabian authorities closed the twitter account on Friday morning of Sheikh Saud Al-Shuraim, one of the Imams in the Grand Mosque in Makkah, AlKhaleejonline.com has reported.

Al-Shuraim had posted comments about political and social issues in the Kingdom and criticised what he believes are violations of Islamic teachings.

Sheikh Saud Al-Shuraim, one of the Imams in the Grand Mosque in Makkah

The Imam was born in Riyadh in 1964. He has held several senior academic positions, including the Dean and Specialist Professor at Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah. He is also a judge at the High Court in the Holy City.

His fellow Imam at the Grand Mosque, which houses the Sacred Kaaba, is Sheikh Abdul Rahman As-Sudais, who is loyal to the policies of the Saudi royal family. While Al-Shuraim has been praised by Muslims within and beyond the Kingdom over his courageous stances, Al-Sudais has been criticised for his “blind” support for the ruling House of Saud, which is regarded by many as irreligious.

(Source / 07.04.2018)

Israel banned call to prayer at Ibrahimi Mosque more than fifty times in March

A view of Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, West Bank on 8 July 2017 [Issam Rimawi/ Anadolu Agency]

A view of Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, West Bank on 8 July 2017

Israel’s occupation authorities prevented the call to prayer being made at Hebron’s Ibrahimi Mosque at least 52 times in March, a Palestinian Authority official said on Sunday.

Religious Endowments Minister Yousef Edees pointed out that the Israelis blocked the adhaan on the pretext of reducing noise affecting the illegal Jewish settlers living in the occupied city.

“[Israel] continues to harass Muslims and prevent them from performing prayers at the honoured mosque through tightening military measures at its entrances and frequent raids,” said Edees. “These measures are a violation of the right to freedom of worship guaranteed by international law.”

He accused the Israeli occupation forces of “blackmailing” Palestinians at the gates and military checkpoints leading to Hebron’s Old City and Ibrahimi Mosque. He called upon worshippers to spend as much time as possible in the mosque in order to undermine the Israeli occupation’s nefarious plans.

PA: 96 Israel violations against Al-Aqsa, Al-Ibrahimi Mosques 

(Source / 02.04.2018)

German court bans mosque’s outdoor call to prayer

Mosque in Germany

A rainbow shines above the minaret of the DITIB Mosque in Kehl, southwestern Germany 

BERLIN (REUTERS) – A mosque in northwest Germany may no longer broadcast its Friday midday call to prayer by loudspeaker for now after a local court upheld a challenge by a couple who live nearly 1km away.

The Gelsenkirchen administrative court found that the town of Oer-Erkenschwick had not assessed the local Muslim community’s request properly in 2013, but a court spokesman said on Friday (Feb 2) that this did not prevent the mosque making a new application for a permit for the prayer calls.

The local Christian couple had argued that the call to prayers violated their own religious rights.

Anti-Muslim sentiment and support for anti-immigration policies are growing in many parts of Germany after the influx of well over a million migrants from Iraq, Syria and other mostly Muslim countries, beginning in 2015.

Huseyin Turgut, a senior official with the affected mosque, said the court’s decision was disappointing.

“The call to prayer lasts for two minutes, just around 1pm, but only on Fridays,” he said. “We’ve never had any complaints and we have German neighbours who are much closer – just 10 metres away.”

The town’s administration could not immediately be reached for comment.

(Source / 04.02.2018)

Muslim boy of 14 stabbed outside mosque in Birmingham

This image taken on September 30, 2017 shows outside the  Idaara Maarif-e-Islam mosque in Herbert Road, Small Heath, Birmingham.

This image taken on September 30, 2017 shows outside the Idaara Maarif-e-Islam mosque in Herbert Road, Small Heath, Birmingham

A teenage Muslim boy has been stabbed several times outside a mosque in Birmingham, UK, leaving the 14-year-old victim in critical condition.

Police cordoned off the crime scene in Herbert Road while specialist police teams carried out forensic investigations.

The incident occurred on Friday night when the boy was dropped off at the Idaara Maarif-e-Islam mosque, commonly known as Hussainia, by his father, who went to park the car.

“It happened on the pavement. By the time the dad parked his car his son was on the floor. There was a young man who was brutally beating the boy with a knife,” Azhar Kiana, the president of the mosque, told local media on Saturday.

“There was blood everywhere, he was hitting the boy’s neck and head. Then the attacker ran off and got into a car.”

The attack was one of several violent incidents in four cities that left two people dead and several others injured on Friday night and the early hours of Saturday.

West Midlands police said a 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder on Saturday morning and is in custody.

Police said they were not treating the attack as a terrorist incident but the motivation remained unclear.

It is suspected, however, the incident could have been a racially or religiously motivated hate crime.

“Our investigation is progressing quickly but it is still in the early stages. We do not believe it to be terror-related. The motivation for the attack is not yet known. We are keeping an open mind as to whether it could be racially or religiously motivated,” said DI Jim Colclough from the complex crime investigation team at Bournville Lane police station said.

London’s Metropolitan police recorded more than 1,200 hate crime incidents against Muslim victims from April 2016 to March 2017, pointing to a surge of Islamophobia in the UK.

Last year, a Huffington Post UK poll showed more than half of Britons viewed Islam and Muslims as a threat to the liberal democratic values popular in the United Kingdom.

(Source / 01.10.2017)