ARIJ: ‘Israel’ announced 50 settlement plans last week

Ramallah (QNN)- The head of the Settlement Monitoring Unit at the Applied Research Institute (ARIJ), Suheil Ikhleliyyeh, said that the Israeli authorities announced 50 settlement plans last week.

Ikhleliyyeh added that the plans vary between plans of land grab, the construction of new settlement units, and granting Palestinian lands to settlers.

He also said that the new settlement units are mostly going to be constructed near Jerusalem.

Ikhleliyyeh warned of the settlers’ continuous attacks on Palestinians, especially that the olive harvesting season is close, noting that Israeli settlers have already damaged thousands of olive trees this year.

(Source / 26.09.2020)

Following Israeli incitement… International campaign in solidarity with Nerdeen Kiswani

New York (QNN)- Several international human rights NGOs declared solidarity with the Palestinian activist Nerdeen Kiswani, who has been threatened by the Zionist lobby to be expelled from CUNY Law School, where she currently studies.

Nerdeen has been targeted by a Zionist smear campaign launched by Michael Rapaport and the Zionist lobby.

Rapaport and the Zionist lobby have circulated a social media protest performance video of Within Our Lifetime’s chairperson Nerdeen Kiswani speaking out against the occupation state and subjected her to a flurry of online attacks, twisting her remarks as antisemitic and threatening to get her expelled from CUNY Law School, where she currently studies.

The protest performance in question features the specific logo of the Israeli military, which is responsible for alleged war crimes against the Palestinian people, according to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

According to Samidoun, “In response to this racist campaign against their student, rather than protect a law student and community leader, the CUNY Law administration chose to make two public posts on their social media profiles, first declaring that “CUNY Law stands against hate and anti-Semitism,” then replacing that with “CUNY Law stands against hate and harassment,” before deleting both of the posts, although leaving another “CUNY Law stands against hate” image up on Facebook.. In both posts, university administration expressed concern for the “pain caused by a social media video,” yet showed no concern at all for their student targeted in a series of vicious social media attacks and threats to “have her expelled” from her university.”

Samidoun slammed the law school administration’s concern “about the feelings of those who were allegedly “hurt” by a protest performance implying that “Israeli Defense Force” sweatshirts and merchandise could be burned, although it is difficult to understand any form of “hurt” caused by a protest against the symbols of an occupying, invading military force.”

(Source / 26.09.2020)

Defying international law, Israeli PM orders building of 5,000 new settlement units in West Bank

Israeli NGO: 648,000 illegal Israeli Jewish settlers live in settlements build in occupied territories in violation of international law

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered construction of 5,000 new settlement units in Israeli Jewish settlement in occupied West Bank, Israeli media reported on Friday.

According to the news website of Israeli TV Channel 7, Netanyahu has called for the Israeli High Council of Planning and Building to be convened in the West Bank after the Jewish holidays.

“Netanyahu instructed the council to approve the construction of 5,000 housing units in dozens of settlements in the West Bank,” the website reported.

The Israeli government has neither confirmed nor denied the development, claiming that Netanyahu made his decision after settler leaders in the occupied West Bank convinced him to take the step.

“The settler leaders expect Netanyahu to abide by his promise and invite the Supreme Council to meet in order to approve construction projects,” according to Israeli media.

Yossi Dagan, head of the Settlements Council in the West Bank, confirmed that the Israeli prime minister is: “Facing the test of approving construction projects.”

Peace Now, a non-governmental Israeli movement, affirmed the government has approved the construction of 3,412 settlement units in eastern Jerusalem.

According to the group, more than 428,000 settlers are living in 132 settlements and 124 random settlement outposts in the occupied West Bank.

The figure does not include the 18 settlements in East Jerusalem that are occupied by more than 220,000 settlers.

(Source / 26.09.2020)

After holding it for one year, Israel turns over body of a Palestinian mother of nine to her family for proper burial

More than a year after shooting and killing her and holding her body, the Israeli occupation authorities yesterday turned over the corpse of Naifa Kaabna, 50, a Palestinian mother of nine from Aqbat Jabr refugee camp in the eastern West Bank city of Jericho, to her family for proper burial, according to the Jerusalem Legal Aid and Human Rights Center (JLAC).

Israeli occupation forces shot and killed Kaabna in what Palestinians have charged was in cold blood at Qalandia military checkpoint between Ramallah and Jerusalem alleging she attempted to stab a soldier.

JLAC attempted since the shooting to get Israel to return the body to her family for burial and to investigate the incident, as well as turn over video recordings at the checkpoint to the center without any avail, it said, and the body was kept in the morgue all this time.

Read More: Human Rights Watch calls on Israel to release body of slain Palestinian held for over 10 weeks

The human right center petitioned the Israeli High Court in February to get the body of Kaabna back, but the court has delayed any action until in August it ordered the army to explain why it was still holding Kaabna’s body.

The army decided yesterday to turn the body over to her family and Kaabna was finally laid to rest at her refugee camp.

Read More: Israel forces Palestinian to raze his family home

Israel decided on October 13, 2015 to withhold bodies of Palestinians its forces kill in the occupied territories and use them as a bargaining chip in future prisoners’ exchange talks with the Palestinian factions.

According to JLAC, Israel is holding bodies of 66 Palestinians its forces have shot and killed in the last years, most of them kept in the morgues, while some were buried in unknown locations. In addition, 254 Palestinians killed by Israel since 1967 are still buried in what is known as “numbered cemeteries” in Israel, while 74 are still unaccounted for.

(Source / 26.09.2020)

Qatar refuses to head Arab League instead of Palestine

The State of Qatar refused to assume the presidency of the 154th regular session of the Arab League at the ministerial level instead of Palestine, which has recently resigned from the position.

Qatar announced in a statement on Thursday evening: “We apologise for completing the aforementioned session, which the State of Palestine abandoned, while adhering to the right of the State of Qatar to the next presidency of the 155th session of March 2021.”

Qatar was selected alphabetically and in accordance with Article VI of the rules of procedure of the league council, which states: “If the president of the council at the ministerial level is unable to assume the position, the temporary presidency is assigned to the delegate of the country that will head the next session.”

Read More: BREAKING: Palestine relinquishes its right to preside over the Arab League Council

The State of Palestine decided last Tuesday to abandon its right to chair the Council of the Arab League for the current session, in response to the wave of normalisation with the Israeli occupation.

Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad Al-Maliki confirmed that this decision came after the league’s general secretariat took a supportive stance of the Emirati and Bahraini normalisation with Israel, in a clear contravention of the Arab Peace Initiative.

Read More: Hamas: Bahrain-Israel deal upshot of the Arab League’s weakness

(Source / 26.09.2020)

Gaza: Three fishermen was missed near sea border with Egypt

Days of Palestine – Gaza – Three Palestinian fishermen and their boat went missing on Thursday night in Gaza waters after they came under gunfire near the sea border with Egypt.

Chief of the fishermen committees Zakariya Bakr said that three brothers from the family of al-Za’zou were aboard their fishing boat when the Egyptian navy opened fire at them in southern Gaza.

Read More: Al-Qassam discovers two British battleships sank on Gaza Sea 100 years ago

Bakr added that the fishermen committees were waiting for information about the fate of the fishermen from the competent authorities in Gaza.

For its part, the Palestinian interior ministry in Gaza said it contacted the Egyptian side to obtain information about the fate of the fishermen and the circumstances of the incident.

Read More: Israeli artillery bombs two locations at Gaza border

(Source / 26.09.2020)

Israel prevents hundred of Palestinians from entering Al-Aqsa

Deze afbeelding heeft een leeg alt-atribuut; de bestandsnaam is l7kUz.jpeg

Days of Palestine – Jerusalem – The Israeli occupation police on Friday prevented scores of Jerusalemite citizens, who live in different areas of the holy city, from entering the Old City and attending the Friday khutba (sermon) and prayer at the Aqsa Mosque.

Local sources described such police measure as an act of escalation against the Aqsa Mosque and the Jerusalemite citizens.

Read More: Israeli forces detain two Palestinians near Al-Aqsa Mosque

They said that the police intensified the presence of their forces around the Aqsa Mosque and only allowed the residents of the Old City to enter the Islamic holy site.

However, hundreds of Muslim worshipers performed the Friday prayer at al-Asbat and Amoud areas that lead to the Aqsa Mosque in protest at the police measure.

Read More: Israeli oaccupation police detain four Palestinians while leaving Al-Aqsa

(Source / 26.09.2020)

Israeli forces confiscate heavy vehicles in Hebron

Days of Palestine – Hebron – The Israeli occupation forces on Friday confiscated a heavy-duty truck and an excavator in Masafer Yatta area, south of Hebron province.

Local official Fuaad al-Amour said that the vehicles were being used to reclaim privately owned lands on the eastern side of Masafer Yatta when the Israeli occupation forces stormed the area and seized them, adding that they belonged to Ismail Bahees and Ibrahim al-Adra.

Read More: Settlers attack Palestinian vehicles on main West Bank road

This arbitrary measure is part of systematic aggressive Israeli practices aimed at making it hard for the Palestinians to live a normal life on their own lands and forcing them to leave their homes.

In a separate incident, the Israeli occupation forces confiscated on the same day construction equipment and material in Khilat Hassan area in western Salfit and delivered a notice informing the local authority of its intent to appropriate a swath of land.

Read More: Israeli forces demolish Palestinian structures in Hebron

Local official Yousef Abu Safiya said that the Israeli occupation forces stormed the construction site where a mosque was supposed to be built and seized all building equipment and material.

He added that the Israeli occupation forces would also seize 300 square meters of land that was earmarked for the construction of the mosque.

The Israeli occupation forces justified the measure by claiming that the site is located in an area classified as Area C.

Under the Oslo accords, control of this area was supposed to be gradually handed over to the Palestinian Authority, but Israel persists in retaining total control over this territory.

(Source / 26.09.2020)

Israel displaces four Palestinian families in Jerusalem

Days of Palestine – Jerusalem– The Israeli occupation authority on Friday displaced several Jerusalemite families after forcing them to finish demolishing a house in Jabel Mukaber neighborhood.

Waleed Abu Ad’heem, the property owner, started demolishing the house last week and had to finish what he started today, September 25, to avoid paying penalties and demolition expenses to the Israeli municipality.

Read More: In two weeks, Israel demolishes 25 Palestinian structures, displaces 32 people

Four Jerusalemite families were living in that house, which consisted of four apartments and a number of retail stores leased by local residents.

In addition to the displacement of those families, the demolition of the house deprived the storekeepers of their source of livelihood.

Read More: Israel to demolish four Palestinian houses in the south of the West Bank

(Source / 26.09.2020)

Israeli police arrest Palestinian father and his son

Days of Palestine – Jerusalem – The Israeli police arrested at dawn Saturday a Jerusalemite citizen and his son after they raided their home in the Old City of Occupied Jerusalem.

Local sources reported that the Israeli policemen arrested Bassem Asila and his son Malik after beating them in Bab al-Silsila in Occupied Jerusalem.

Read More: Israel forces Palestinian to raze his family home

In a related context, the occupation police imposed a curfew on the holy city and issued numerous violation tickets against Jerusalemites for using their cars especially near the main Jerusalem checkpoints.

Occupied Jerusalem is witnessing a comprehensive closure that began several days ago and continues for weeks due to Jewish holidays and the outbreak of the corona pandemic.

Read More: Israel restricts movement of Jerusalem’s Palestinian governor to his hometown

The Israeli occupation targets Jerusalemites with arrests, deportation orders and fines with the aim of dissuading them from frequenting the Al-Aqsa Mosque and leaving it an easy prey for Israeli settlers.

Jerusalemites are sparing no effort to stand in the way of the Israeli occupation’s conspiracies despite all the arrests and harassment they are exposed to, deportation from the Al-Aqsa Mosque and Jerusalem, travel bans, and repeated raids of their homes.

Jerusalem recently witnessed an escalation in Israeli settler groups’ incursions into the Al-Aqsa Mosque under the pretext of celebrating the Hebrew Year while tightening restrictions on Palestinian citizens reaching the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

The so-called Temple Groups issued calls urging all Israeli extremists to storm Al-Aqsa by all possible means during the Jewish holidays.

(Source / 26.09.2020)