Israeli Forces Detain Two Palestinians From Jenin

Photos File

Israeli forces dawn Friday detained two Palestinians from the northern West Bank district of Jenin, said witnesses.

They confirmed that several Israeli military vehicles raided Yaabad town, where soldiers detained two Palestinians, including a 17-year-old high school student, after ransacking their families’ houses.

The town has been a scene of almost daily raids and confrontations since an Israeli soldier was killed by a rock dropped on his head during the predawn raid on May 12.

Israeli forces frequently raid Palestinian houses almost on a daily basis across the West Bank on the pretext of searching for “wanted” Palestinians, triggering clashes with residents.

These raids, which take place also in areas under the full control of the Palestinian Authority, are conducted with no need for a search warrant, whenever and wherever the military chooses in keeping with its sweeping arbitrary powers.

According to Palestinian figures, roughly 5,700 Palestinians — including numerous women and children — are currently languishing in Israeli detention facilities.

Under Israeli military law army commanders have full executive, legislative and judicial authority over 3 million Palestinians living in the West Bank. Palestinians have no say in how this authority is exercised.

(Source / 05.06.2020)

Israeli Police Break Into Martyr Eyad Al-Hallaq’s Family Home

Photos File

Israeli police on Thursday evening broke into the family home and mourning tent of Palestinian martyr Eyad al-Hallaq in Wadi al-Jouz neighborhood in Occupied Jerusalem.

Local sources said that the Israeli police violently searched the home and the mourning tent, which sparked confrontations with Palestinian neighbors.

At least two Palestinian citizens were arrested by the Israeli police during the attack.

Local residents said that moments before the police raid, Israeli extremist rabbi Yehudah Glick attempted to storm al-Hallaq’s mourning tent before he was confronted and driven out of the place by angry youths. Glick was reportedly transferred to the hospital.

Al-Hallaq’s family stressed that they will never accept any condolences over the unjustified murder of their son from any Israeli side.

Eyad al-Hallaq, a 32-year-old Palestinian with autism, was cold-bloodedly murdered by Israeli police forces a few days ago in Jerusalem’s Old City while he was on his way to his special education school.

(Source / 05.06.2020)

Minister Of Health: Four New Cases Of Coronavirus Confirmed In Palestine; Total 640

Photos File

Four new cases of coronavirus were confirmed in Palestine today, raising the total to 640, Minister of Health Mai Alkaila said in a statement.

The four cases include three children aged 2, 5 and 6 years, of a woman from the northern West Bank village of Barta’a who yesterday tested positive for the disease.

The fourth case is of 63-year-old woman in the Gaza Strip.

Out of the 640 cases, 394 are in the West Bank, 67 in the Gaza Strip and 179 in occupied Jerusalem. A total of five corona patients have died, including two in the West Bank, two in Jerusalem and one on Gaza.

Recoveries reached 372 in the West Bank and Gaza and 155 in Jerusalem, which is 85% of the total.

(Source / 05.06.2020)

Israeli Police Arrest 3 Ex-Detainees, Ban Activist From Aqsa Mosque

Photos File

Israeli police on Thursday arrested three Palestinian ex-detainees, including an Islamic Awqaf employee, and banned an activist from entering al-Aqsa Mosque.

Local sources said that the Israeli police arrested Murad Elayyan, 34, Ashraf al-Sharbati, 44, who works as a guard of al-Aqsa Mosque, and Nezam Abu Romouz, 37, in Jerusalem.

All detainees had previously served different prison terms in Israeli jails in which they were brutally tortured and interrogated.

Meanwhile, Israeli police issued an order banning Palestinian activist Mohammed al-Daqqaq from entering al-Aqsa Mosque for five months.

(Source / 05.06.2020)

Israeli Settlers Cut Down Dozens Of Olive Trees In West Bank Village

Photos File

A group of Israeli settlers on Thursday chopped off dozens of Palestinian-owned olive trees in Burin village, south of the West Bank city of Nablus.

Local sources said that a group of Jewish settlers infiltrated into privately-owned Palestinian farmlands in the southern area of Burin and cut down about 36 olive trees owned by Palestinian citizen Naser Qadous.

They added that this is not the first time that settlers have destroyed olive trees owned by Qadous.

The settlers, they said, further torched wheat fields in the same village but the fire was quickly put out by Palestinian citizens. 

(Source / 05.06.2020)

Israel bans Al-Aqsa Mosque imam from entering premises

JERUSALEM, PALESTINOW.COM  – Israeli authorities on Thursday extended an order banning Sheikh Ekrima Sabri, the grand mufti of Jerusalem, from entering Al-Aqsa Mosque for another four months.

“Israeli police raided my home on Thursday and handed me an order banning me from entering the Al-Aqsa mosque for four months,” Sheikh Ekrima Sabri told Anadolu Agency.

READ : Zionist police arrest Al-Aqsa guard, allow extremist settlers to storm the Mosque

“Muzzling and targeting the Al-Aqsa mosque is the nature of the Israeli occupation, which contradicts the freedom of worship and Israel’s of being a democratic state,” he said. “But we will stay with Al-Aqsa, and we will defend the Al-Aqsa.”

Israeli authorities accuse Sheikh Sabri of incitement because of his positions aimed at preserving the “Islamic identity of the Al-Aqsa Mosque.”

This January they handed him deportation order from the mosque, which is one of the holiest sites in Islam.

Israel occupied East Jerusalem, where the mosque is located, during the 1967 Middle East war.

READ : IOF arrests security and five men in Al-Aqsa mosque

In a move never recognized by the international community, it annexed the entire city in 1980, claiming it as the self-proclaimed Jewish state’s “eternal and undivided” capital.

Jews refer to the area as “Temple Mount,” claiming it was the site of two prominent Jewish temples in ancient times. Jerusalem also includes Church of the Holy Sepulchre, one of the most sacred Christian sites in the world.

The compound reopened to worshippers and visitors on May 31 after more than two months of closure due to the coronavirus pandemic.

(Source / 05.06.2020)

Report: Four martyrs, shot dead by the occupation, and 320 detainees, last May

The Abdullah Al-Hourani Center for Studies and Documentation of the Department of Labor and Planning of the Liberation Organization, said that the Israeli occupation authorities escalated their violations against our people during last May, killing four citizens, and arrested 320 others.

In its monthly report released today, Wednesday, on the most prominent violations of the Israeli occupation authorities against our people during the month of May, the Center clarified that the martyrs are: Bahaa Al-Din Muhammad Abdullah Al-Awawdeh (18 years), from the village of Deir Samet, and the child Zaid Fadl Qaysieh (15 years). From the town of Dhahria, Fadi Adnan Samara Qad (33 years), from the village of Abu Qash, near Ramallah, and Iyad Khairy Rouhi Al-Hallaq, 32, who is with disabilities, from Wadi Al-Joz neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem.

He stated that the number of martyrs whose bodies were held by the occupation had risen since October 2015 to 62, in flagrant violation of international humanitarian law.

115 citizens were injured and 320 arrested, including 35 children

During the past May, the occupation authorities arrested some 320 citizens from the West Bank, Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, including 35 children.

The occupation authorities are holding about 5,000 prisoners in its prisons, among them 180 children, 41 women and 430 administrative detainees, held without charge, and among the detainees are about 700 prisoners suffering from various diseases.

The prison administration practices continuous violations against Palestinian prisoners, including torture and medical neglect of patients, denying them the most basic of their legitimate rights, in addition to not providing prisoners with medical supplies to prevent Corona virus, and withdrawing tools and cleaning materials from them.

The occupation army injured and injured 115 citizens throughout the Palestinian territories, as a result of the occupation authorities’ repression of citizens protesting the occupation’s racist policy and land grabbing, demolishing homes, and closing Palestinian towns and villages.

Settlement and land grabbing
The former Israeli occupation minister, Naftali Bennett, decided to seize 1100 dunums of land in the Bethlehem governorate, located on the outskirts of the “Efrat” settlement in the Gush Etzion settlement complex, as a prelude to building thousands of settlement units. Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper reported that Bennett gave the green light to start planning To build a new settlement neighborhood adjacent to the mentioned settlement, which includes 7,000 new settlement units.

The occupation authorities issued a decision to seize areas adjacent to the Ibrahimi Mosque in the city of Hebron, in order to create a special road and elevator for settlers who storm the Ibrahimi Mosque with special needs.

The occupation authorities also approved a settlement plan that includes the seizure of 140 dunums of agricultural land belonging to the town of Azzun-Atma in the Qalqilya governorate, located behind the wall of annexation and racial expansion, with the aim of establishing a large cemetery for settlers, with a capacity of about 30,000 graves for the settlements of “Shomron and Oranit”.

The so-called Council of North West Bank Settlements announced a plan to seize 37 dunums of agricultural agricultural lands southwest of the city of Jenin, in the interest of expanding the “Rayhan” settlement and establishing a resort for settlers.

The occupation authorities seized 100 dunums of forest lands east of the city of Qalqilya, to set up factories belonging to the “Alf Menashe” settlement built on the lands of the city, and the villages of Habla, Nabi Elias and Izbat Al-Tabib.

A further 3.5 dunums of land were seized, owned by a citizen from the town of Ya`bad, located near the military checkpoint, and the “Mofodutan” settlement, south of the town.

The Occupation Court in the city of Jerusalem issued a decision to seize a 1.5-donum area of ​​land in Wadi Rababa in the Silwan neighborhood of Jerusalem, for use as a cemetery for Jews.

Judaization of Jerusalem
The doors of the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque were opened to worshipers who came to Fajr prayer inside its courtyard 70 days after it closed.

During the morning, 70 days after its closure, 233 settlers stormed “Al-Aqsa”, among them the extremist Knesset Yehuda Glick, amid a guard from the Israeli police, who arrested a number of citizens who blocked the settlers’ road.

The Occupation Police issued decisions to deport al-Aqsa against 11 citizens, among them the head of the Supreme Islamic Authority Sheikh Ikrima Sabri, who had earlier arrested and released him, the head of the captive club Nasser Qas, and one of the guards of the Al-Aqsa Mosque for a period ranging from a week to 6 months.

And the house arrest was imposed on 14 citizens, including General Secretary of the Popular Congress of Jerusalem, Major General Bilal Al-Natsheh, who was released after his arrest, on charges of providing assistance and dealing with the National Authority. Old town.

And I issued a decision prohibiting the travel of the Secretary of “Fatah” in Jerusalem Shadi Al-Mutwar, on the pretext of distributing aid within the city and dealing with the National Authority. These arbitrary decisions included payment of fines and guarantees estimated at 30,000 shekels, and the occupation police suppressed Eid prayers at the tribe after preventing hundreds of worshipers from entering Al-Aqsa Mosque.

The occupation police arrested the governor of Jerusalem, Adnan Ghaith, and a number of Jerusalem leaders during a stand in front of the Orient House in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood in commemoration of the death of the martyr Prince of Jerusalem, Faisal Husseini, and also suppressed a protest demonstration organized by dozens of young men in Bab Al-Amoud to condemn the killing of Iyad Al-Hallaq with special needs.

The occupation police extended the decision to close the Palestine Television office in Jerusalem, and prevent its crews from working for the next 6 months, and issued a decision to close the Association for Volunteering for Hope, on the pretext of dealing with Palestinian official agencies.

And approved what is called “the Planning and Building Committee” of the occupation government in the occupied city of Jerusalem, to bring about changes to Judaization, and a structural plan in the neighborhood of Al-Masara and Bab Al-Sahirah in the occupied city of Jerusalem.

The plan includes the establishment of Jewish settlement changes in the Wadi al-Joz area, alleging the rapid payment of a plan to build new areas for work, trade and new hotels in Jerusalem, according to the plan announced by the occupation government in 2000, to convert the city from an Arab-Islamic character to a pure Jewish city.

Accordingly, demolition orders were distributed to about 200 Palestinian establishments in the Wadi al-Joz area. In the same framework, the Prime Minister of Benjamin Netanyahu approved a plan in the hundreds of millions of shekels to Judaize occupied Jerusalem.

Netanyahu said in a tweet on “Twitter”, that he instructed the competent authorities to formulate a plan to enhance the status of occupied Jerusalem among the Jews through a budget of 200 million shekels, and attached his tweet with a drawing of the old city of Jerusalem and above the flag of occupation.

59 structures were demolished, including 15 houses, and a further 105 demolished

During the past May, the Israeli occupation forces demolished 59 structures, including 15 houses, including five houses whose owners self-demolished, to avoid paying huge financial fines in the towns of Silwan and Jabal Al-Mukaber in occupied Jerusalem.

It also included the demolition of the house of the prisoner, Qassam Al-Barghouthi, in the town of Kober, north of Ramallah, and also destroyed 44 agricultural, industrial and animal installations, concentrated in the governorates of Bethlehem, Jericho, Ramallah and Al-Bireh, Hebron, Jerusalem and Nablus, Tubas and the northern Jordan Valley.

During the past May, the occupation authorities notified citizens of the demolition of 105 residential, industrial, agricultural, animal and service facilities, and the cessation of construction and work under the pretext that they are in Area C, which the occupation is currently seeking to announce officially annexing, and the application of “Israeli law” to.

Land leveling
The occupation authorities continued to raze the agricultural lands of the citizens located near the Hawara camp, to construct the road called “Al-Tafafi Hawara” settlement, and its length reaches 7 kilometers, as it will devour in the first stage about 406 dunums, and it will uproot more than 2,800 olive trees from the lands. The towns of Beita, Huwara, Awarta, Burin, Wetma, Al-Sawiya and Yassouf, south of Nablus.

The occupation authorities also bulldozed the agricultural lands of the citizens, targeting the towns of Dura, south of Hebron, for the settlement of “Negohout”, and Barqa, near Nablus, for the “Shafi Shomron” settlement, in addition to razing about 15 dunums planted with olive trees belonging to citizens from the villages of Kafa and Shufa, southeast of Tulkarm.

65 settler attacks resulted in 18 injuries and 854 fruit trees uprooted
During the past month, settlers carried out 65 attacks against Palestinian citizens, resulting in the injury of 18 citizens, including a child, and the uprooting of 854 fruitful trees concentrated in the villages of Al-Khader, Nahhalin in the Bethlehem Governorate, and Amateen in the Qalqilya Governorate, and the Mughair in the Ramallah and Al-Bireh Governorate, and the Orma in Nablus Governorate, and Shufa In Tulkarm, and a guard in Salfit.

A settler ran over 15 heads of sheep with a traveler in Yatta, south of Hebron, another settler attacked a Palestinian farmer and stole 250 sheep near the town of Barqa, north of Nablus. The settlers set up a tent on the lands of Al-Tuwani town of Yatta town, south of Hebron, and burned 30 dunums in the same area planted with wheat. And barley, and also seized 47 dunums of the lands of the villages of Ramon and Deir Dibwan in preparation for the establishment of a new outpost.

The settlers’ mechanisms bulldozed the lands of the citizens west of Dura, in the Hebron Governorate, near the village of Imatin, east of Qalqilya. The attacks also included the implementation of three shootings against unarmed citizens, and the damage of 40 vehicles to Palestinian citizens.

47 shootings against fishermen in Gaza
During the past May, the Israeli occupation forces carried out 47 shootings against fishermen, wounding 4 of them, arresting two others, and damaging three fishing boats.

The attacks included the implementation of 74 ground fire operations, 7 artillery strikes, and 8 ground incursions east of the Gaza Strip borders. The occupation forces also arrested four citizens, including a citizen who was arrested at the Beit Hanoun checkpoint, “Ayers”.

(Source / 04.06.2020)

5 cases of “Corona” among the detainees inside the quarantine in Gaza

The Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip announced, this evening, the registration of 5 new infections with the Corona virus in the Strip, among those who were quarantined.

Dr. said. Ashraf Al-Qedra, a health spokesman in Gaza: This brings the total number of cases registered with the Corona virus in the Gaza Strip since last March to 66, including one death for an elderly woman, 18 cases recovered, and 47 cases are still under treatment in the isolation hospital.

He added: “483 new samples were performed during the past 24 hours, and the total number of samples examined for the suspected cases reached 10565, of which 10504 were negative and 66 were positive.”

(Source / 04.06.2020)

US court rules Iran, Syria liable for Palestinian attacks in Israel

Members of Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas, take part in a military parade on the third anniversary of Israel's attacks on Gaza in Khan Yunis, Gaza on 20 July 2017 [Mustafa Hassona/Anadolu Agency]
Members of Izz ad-Din Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas, in Gaza on 20 July 2017

A US court has ruled that Iran and Syria are liable for compensation to American citizens wounded and killed in a series of attacks attributed to Palestinian resistance factions in Israel.

Judge Randolph D Moss in US District Court for the District of Columbia held Iran and Syria accountable because they provided “material support” to movements such as Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

The court however is yet to determine the amount of damages, with the order posted online on Sunday. The Times of Israel reports that US courts have previously ordered the Iranian government to pay hundreds of millions of dollars in damages to families of Americans killed in attacks by Palestinian factions. Although attempts in collecting the damages have remained elusive due to Iran and the US having no formal diplomatic relations, nor does the Syrian Arab Republic.

Both states have supported Palestinian resistance movements for years, with senior Hamas members living in Syria for decades prior to the current civil war in the country.

READ: The next Palestinian Intifada will involve more support from Iran

(Source / 04.06.2020)