Titel Category

This category

Categorie archief Terrorism

Israeli army dogs attack elderly Palestinian


Israeli security forces talk with Jewish settlers from the Esh Kodesh settlement as they stage a sit-in in an attempt to prevent Palestinians from working in their fields in the northern West Bank village of Jalud on January 2, 2013.

Israeli army dogs attacked a 93-year-old Palestinian woman as an undercover unit raided the West Bank city of Jenin on Thursday morning, according to Ma’an news agency.

The agents were dressed as Palestinians and backed up by the army when they staged an incursion into the city’s industrial zone.

The raid is the latest in a string of Israeli attacks on Palestinian towns in the West Bank. On Tuesday, Israeli soldiers disguised as vegetable vendors invaded the northern West Bank town of Tamoun and fired ammunition at residents.

Amneh Hisnawi was alone in her house when soldiers stormed her home and dogs belonging to security personnel attacked her. She was sent to an Israeli hospital for treatment.

An army spokesman said the raid on Jenin was conducted to arrest a Palestinian suspected of ‘terror activity’, but that the suspect was not at home.

Around 500 Palestinians hurled rocks, firebombs, and burned tires, according to the spokesman.

Fadi Ijawi, 23, was wounded in the leg by a a live bullet and taken to a Palestinian hospital, a Ma’an reporter said. Dozens also suffered from tear gas inhalation, the reporter added.

Israeli settlers hit two-year-old Palestinian on the head

Several Palestinians, including one toddler, were injured when dozens of illegal Israeli settlers attacked a northern West Bank village on Wednesday, according to Palestine’s Ma’an news agency..

Two-year-old Farah Nanseem was hit on the head during the assault on Jalud village, south of Nablus. Israelis from the Esh Kodesh settlement had staged a sit-in in Jalud earlier in the day to prevent Palestinians from working in the fields (see photo).

Several villagers were sent to hospitals to treat light to moderate wounds; houses and a car were also damaged, settlement monitoring official Ghassan Daghlas said.

Another Nablus village, Qusra, was attacked by settlers two days ago. More than 150 olive trees were uprooted.

The assailants were only briefly detained by village security guards.

Israeli settlers, who are considered illegal by international law, routinely assault Palestinians in the West Bank, damaging property and livelihoods, and often targeting the elderly and children.

They face little to no punishment from Israeli authorities for their crimes.

(english.al-akhbar.com / 03.01.2013)

#ShiaGenocide: In 2012, total 1450 Shia Muslims killed by Deobandi militants in Pakistan


According to Shia genocide database compiled by LUBP based on various activist groups and websites, 630 Shia Muslims were target killed by Takfiri Deobandi militants of Sipah Sahaba Taliban during 2012.http://criticalppp.com/archives/132675

It may be noted that Shias of all ethnic backgrounds including Pashtun, Muhajir, Sindhi, Hazara, Punjabi, Baloch, Gilgiti etc have been killed by Deobandi militants who are also killing moderate Sunni Muslims, Ahmadis and Christians in Pakistan.

In total, at least 4700 people were killed by Deobandi militants in Pakistan in 2012 (except last week of the year).

If we deduct the figure of 630 Shias killed (already recorded in the LUBP database), remaining = 4070. Based on Shia population in Pakistan, approximately 20% of the 4070 are Shias = 820 (approx).

In other words, total number of Shias killed by Deobandi militants in 2012 are = 630 (direct target killing) + 820 (i.e., 20% of ordinary Pakistanis killed) = 1450

Province wise percentage of Shia genocide is as follows:

Balochistan: 30% (both Hazara & non-Hazara Shia),
Sindh: 26%
FATA 14%
Punjab: 12%
Gilgit Baltistan 11%
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 7%

In the last few decades, total number of Shia Muslims killed in Pakistan now exceed 21,000.

Source: LUBP Research – www.CriticalPPP.com

(criticalppp.com / 03.01.2013)

Israeli military vehicles level land inside Gaza

GAZA (Ma’an) — Israeli military vehicles briefly entered the Gaza Strip borders on Thursday to level land, eyewitnesses told Ma’an.

Four bulldozers traversed the border fence near Juhor al-Dik, central Gaza, and leveled land 100 meters inside the Gaza Strip, they said.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said routine activity was carried out in the area.

(www.maannews.net / 03.01.2012)

Israeli military preparing hospitals for chemical attacks


Israeli rescue teams, doctors, hospital staff and soldiers take part in defence drill simulating response to a chemical attack, at the Hilel Yafe hospital in the coastal city of Hadera, north of Tel Aviv (AFP Photo/Jack Guez)

Israeli rescue teams, doctors, hospital staff and soldiers take part in defence drill simulating response to a chemical attack, at the Hilel Yafe hospital in the coastal city of Hadera, north of Tel Aviv

Israeli military command is running drills to prepare the country’s medical facilities for a variety of security threats, including missile and chemical attacks, the Jerusalem Post reported, quoting a senior IDF source.

The preparations include training for hospital staff to manage what the military called “mega-mass casualty incidents” involving 1,000 or more victims.

“We train a lot for chemical weapons,” a Home Front Command source said. “This is our business, and only ours. There is no room for error.”

Home Front Command is one of the IDF departments tasked with security issues.

All 27 medical facilities in Israel are going through drills to prepare for a chemical weapons attack: Hospital staffers are being trained to deal with sudden influxes of hundreds – from 200 to 700 – of patients being rushed to facilities.

In the drills, actors simulating victims have notes attached to them explaining their particular scenario, the Jerusalem Post reported. Israeli hospitals went through 25 such exercises last year. Underground wards were also established for intensive care and pregnancy wards.

AFP Photo/Jack Guez

The news comes a day after the Free Syrian Army claimed they now have the capacity to use chemical weapons.

Fears of such attacks increased significantly last month after Syrian United Nations Ambassador Bashar Jaafari warned that the Syrian opposition had gained control of a “toxic chlorine factory” east of Aleppo, and might use chemical weapons against civilians and pin the blame on President Bashar Assad’s regime.

Damascus officials have maintained that the Syrian government will not use chemical weapons, except against a foreign attack.

Israeli authorities denied any link between the ongoing Syrian conflict and the hospital drills, claiming the training first began up to three years ago.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in late December that “Israel is monitoring developments in Syria and will do its utmost against this threat and against all threats.” The remarks came after the premier reportedly held a secret meeting with King of Jordan to discuss a preemptive military action against Damascus.

AFP Photo/Jack Guez

AFP Photo/Jack Guez

(rt.com / 03.01.2013)

Israel plans to build separation barrier on Palestinian village

“Concerns are growing for the people of a small village in the Occupied West Bank as Israel pushes ahead with a plan to build a separation barrier in the area. Activists are warning that the move will have a negative impact on the region’s economy.”
The village of Beit Iksa in the northwest of Jerusalem has received orders for the construction of the Israeli separation barrier that will encircle the village, where over 2,000 residents live.

Villagers say the wall will furthermore take over 45 hectares of Palestinian land. The decision to build this wall will isolate more than 12 thousand acres of land that has been planted with olive trees, grapes and almonds. It will further destroy and isolate ancient ruins and Palestinian houses.

The decision was accompanied by an invitation to the people of the village to follow the Israeli authorities on a tour of the proposed track on Sunday morning.

The new wall will further isolate this village with the only entrance being an Israeli checkpoint Ahtlala. The Israelis will close the main street East of the village cutting all communication from Jerusalem-al Quds. Furthermore any Palestinian living in the village who has Jerusalem-al-Quds ID’s will be asked to leave the area or otherwise they risk losing their Identification.

The inhabitants of Beit Iksa are completely imprisoned in their own land. As we experienced first hand, we had to enter an Israeli checkpoint to enter the village. They are furthermore surrounded by illegal Israeli settlements and the new wall will cut directly through their land.

(www.presstv.ir / 02.01.2013)

Israel builds new barrier near Syrian border in Occupied Golan Heights

“Israel is building a new fence in the Occupied Golan Heights along the Syrian border. Tel Aviv says the new barrier is designed to protect Israeli settlers against violence. But Syrians say the move adds to the list of war crimes Israel has committed during the years of occupation.”

The Israeli army has started to build a new wall near Syria in the Occupied Golan Height.

Tel Aviv says the barrier will start from the southern part of the Golan beside the Jordanian border up to the north of the Golan Heights.

Israeli officials claim the wall is aimed at protect the settlers in the Occupied Golan. But Syrians in the Occupied territories see the issue differently.

People in the Occupied Golan say this wall is another war crime by the Israeli army. They say the such crimes have been going on since the occupation in 1967. Syrians are also not surprised over international community’s inaction to condemn the Israeli violations.

Once again the Israeli occupation exploits the international silence and the crisis in Syria to exercise his terrorism. These walls are another witness to the war crimes that they are doing in the occupied territories.

(www.presstv.ir / 02.01.2013)

Rights group: Israel detains Gaza patient at border

GAZA CITY (Ma’an) — Israeli forces detained a Palestinian at a border crossing from the Gaza Strip who was seeking medical treatment in Jerusalem, a human rights group said.

Rafiq Ayesh Abu Harbeed, 38, went to the Erez crossing for an interview with Israeli intelligence on Tuesday morning, in order to seek treatment outside Gaza for a herniated disk, the al-Mezan Center for Human Rights said.

Late Tuesday afternoon, Harbeed’s family in Beit Hanoun were informed that he had been detained by Israeli authorities. Israeli officials could not be reached for comment on Harbeed’s detention.

Harbeed was wounded by a live bullet to the spine during the first intifada, causing back and leg problems, and he was applying for permission to get treatment at the Maqasid Hospital in East Jerusalem.

Rights groups have condemned Israel’s detention of patients seeking treatment outside of Gaza, stressing the right to medical treatment.

(www.maannews.net / 02.01.2013)

Israeli Navy Opens Fire At Palestinian Fishermen In Gaza

The Israeli Navy opened fire, on Wednesday morning, at a number of Palestinian fishing boats at the coasts of Khan Younis and Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.

Local sources reported that the army fired dozens of rounds of live ammunition at the fishing boats, and forced the fishermen to return to their docks.

The sources added that the Navy chased the fishermen despite the fact that they were in the allotted area allowed for Palestinian fishermen.

As part of the ceasefire agreement that ended the Israeli war on Gaza in November 2012, Palestinian fishermen were allowed to fish within 6 nautical miles off the Gaza coast.

191 Palestinians, including children, women and elderly, have been killed by Israeli military fire in Gaza in November, including those killed during the war, while the number of injured Palestinians in the same month reached 1492.

The Information Center of the Palestinian Ministry of Health Information reported that 48 children, including 16 under the age of five, have been killed by Israeli missiles and shells, in addition to 12 women and 20 elderly.

The Center added that 1492 Palestinians, including 533 children (195 under the age of 5), 254 women and 103 elderly have been injured by Israeli fire and shells. Furthermore, four Palestinians have been killed after the ceasefire agreement was reached, and 54 have been injured.

Under the Oslo peace deal signed with Israel in the mid-nineties, Palestinian fishermen are supposed to be allowed to fish in 20 nautical miles off the Gaza coast; after the second Intifada started in late September 2000 Israel prevented the fishermen from fishing, and then reduced their allotted area to only 3 nautical miles.

The Israeli Navy carried out numerous attacks against the fishermen leading to dozens of casualties, and repeatedly boarded the fishing boats and kidnapped dozens of fishermen.

(www.imemc.org / 02.01.2013)

Dozens injured in Jenin clashes after undercover Israeli arrest raid

Israeli soldiers pictured in Hebron during clashes on Dec. 6, 2012.

TUBAS (Ma’an) — At least thirty people were injured during clashes in a Jenin village on Tuesday after an undercover Israeli arrest operation in the area, Ma’an’s correspondent said.

Israeli forces raided the village of Tamoun, south Jenin and arrested Murad Bani Odeh, a member of Islamic Jihad, leading to clashes with residents, a local official told Ma’an.

At least thirty people were wounded in the clashes, with live ammunition, rubber bullets and tear gas fired by Israeli soldiers, head of a local committee against settlements Ahmed Assad said.

One man was hit in the eye with a tear gas canister and taken to hospital for treatment and over 100 people suffered smoke inhalation from tear gas.

Dozens of Israeli military jeeps arrived in the area as reinforcements during the clashes and set up checkpoints at the entrances to the village, preventing people from leaving, Assad added.

Locals said that the Israeli soldiers were disguised as vegetable vendors during the arrest operation, The Associated Press reported.

The soldiers were part of Israel’s Mistaarvim, or Arabized, elite unit, Israeli media reported.

(www.maannews.net / 01.01.2013)

Palestinian report confirms continuation of Israeli violations in Jerusalem



OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Wadi Hilweh Information Center in Silwan revealed the arrest of 350 Palestinians during the last six months until the end of 2012, including dozens of children and women, in a report released on Monday.

The report shed light on the most prominent Israeli violations in Jerusalem, including arrests, house demolitions, attacks on Jerusalemites and their properties, and settlement projects, in addition to the closure of Palestinian institutions operating in the city.

The report considered the arrest and home detention aim to break the will of the Jerusalemite citizen and dissuade him from expressing his refusal to the Israeli racist practices.

The Israeli arrest campaign has targeted Palestinian children less than 16 years, where they were subjected to interrogation, paying fines, and home detention in order to affect his psyche and to restrict his freedom.

During the last six months, more than 350 Jerusalemites were arrested, including children and women, most of them from Silwan and Issawiya, where 60 Jerusalemites were arrested each month.

The report pointed out to the Israeli demolition policy in Jerusalem, where 26 houses were demolished in Jerusalem during the second half of 2012.

The demolition orders were concentrated particularly in Silwan, in addition to other neighborhoods, as settlers took over a number of other buildings, including residential buildings of five floors in Jabal al-Makbar.

Furthermore, the report said the past six months have witnessed several settlers’ attacks on young people and Islamic and Christian religious sites.

The report noted that the village of Issawiya has witnessed difficult circumstances and unprecedented violations during the last two weeks of December, where IOF carried out home raids, arrests and clashes.

Regarding deportation policy, occupation authorities banned 40 Jerusalemites, including women and men, from Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Old City of Jerusalem for varying periods starting from 15 days and up to six months.

The report pointed out that Jerusalem schools have witnessed a number of attacks and intrusion attempts by Israeli soldiers or undercover units, as happened at the Silwan and Tour.

The Umayyad and Abbasid monuments in Silwan were also subjected to Israeli attacks, including the Department of Antiquities and the Jerusalem municipality.

Regarding settlement projects, the report stated that the settlement activity markedly increased in 2012 where tenders were invited for the building of 2386 while tenders were invited for 312 settlement units in 2011.

(www.palestine-info.co.uk / 01.01.2013)