Titel Category

This category

Categorie archief Terrorism

Israeli Court Extends the Arrest of Ola Marshoud

Ola Marshoud is one of the Palestinian Students arrested in 2018

Israeli military court extended the arrest of Ola Marshoud (21) for 7 days.

Ola, a freelance journalist and a student at al-Najah University, had been arrested last Monday.

View image on Twitter

🇵🇸 || Israeli military court extended the arrest of Ola Marshoud for 7 days .

Family sources affirmed that Israeli authorities informed them that she was detained 24 hours after being summoned for investigation in Hawara detention center, south of Nablus.

Marshoud’s parents are living in Saudi Arabia, while their two girls and son are studying at al-Najah University in Nablus in the West Bank.

View image on Twitter

340 Palestinian university students were arrested in Israeli jails ,Minister of Education Sabri Sidem said.

340 Palestinian university students are currently held in Israeli jails, while nine schoolchildren were killed and 603 others were injured in 2017 by the Israeli occupation forces, official Palestinian sources said.

(Source / 18.03.2018)

Israel plans collective punishment against village of alleged Palestinian attacker

18 MAR
2:36 AM

The Israeli army announced Saturday that it plans to recommend that the Israeli government split the village of Barta’a in two, after a vehicular collision on Friday that resulted in the deaths of two Israeli soldiers. Palestinian family members of the alleged attacker contend that it was a car accident, not an attack.

But despite the confusion about Friday’s incident, the Israeli army appears ready to use it as an excuse to move the Israeli Annexation Wall into the middle of the village of Barta’a in order to exclude Palestinian residents of the village from Israel.

The driver of the vehicle that struck and killed the Israeli soldiers, Ala’ Rateb Abdul-Latif Qabha, is from the village of Barta’a, which is located on the Israeli side of the Annexation Wall. But after the deaths of the two soldiers, the Israeli military is recommending moving the Wall to split the village in two, with the eastern half inside the West Bank, and the west half inside of Israel.

Qabha was wounded in the vehicular collision, but instead of being taken to the hospital, he was abducted by the Israeli military and taken to a military base for interrogation. He will likely be charged in an Israeli military court for ‘terrorism’ because the two soldiers died in the collision.

The Israeli military has vowed to demolish the family home of Qabha, and has already revoked the work permits of 65 members of the extended family of Qabha, as forms of collective punishment against the family of the alleged attacker. The Israeli government carries out punitive home demolitions against the family homes of nearly 100% of Palestinians suspected of attacking Israelis. These demolitions are carried out before any trial has taken place in these cases.

(Source / 18.03.2018)

Palestinian man injured in Israeli bombing east of Gaza

Bombing east of Gaza

At least one Palestinian was injured after Israeli artillery bombed a location east of Gaza city on Saturday evening, according to local sources.

The PIC reporter said that Israeli artillery bombed, with three missiles, an agricultural area in al-Shujaiya neighborhood east of Gaza, injuring one local citizen and causing damage to the site.

This came two days only after Israel had targeted several sites east of Gaza Strip on Thursday morning.

(Source / 17.03.2018)

Israeli Soldiers Invade Homes In Azzoun

17 MAR
10:29 AM

Dozens of Israeli soldiers invaded, on Saturday at dawn, the town of ‘Azzoun, east of the northern West Bank city of Qalqilia, and isolated a neighborhood before storming and violently searching ten homes.

The soldiers surrounded and isolated al-Mintar neighborhood, and conducted violent searches of ten homes, causing excessive damage.

During the invasions, the soldiers fired many flares, concussion grenades and gas bombs, leading fires in some homes, and causing scores of residents to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation.

Palestinian medics and firefighters rushed to the town, provided the needed treatment to the wounded Palestinians, and extinguished fires, which erupted in some homes.

(Source / 17.03.2018)

Israeli Army and Police Raid Home of Palestinian Man Suspected in Hit and Run Incident

17 MAR
4:46 AM

Israeli forces raided the home of a young Palestinian man suspected of killing two Israeli soldiers and injuring two others, with his car, at an Israeli military checkpoint near Jenin, northern West Bank, on Friday evening, according to local sources.

The incident took place near Mevo Dotan illegal Israeli colony, which was built on private Palestinian lands.

Israeli Ynet News said both Israeli and Palestinian medics provided first aid to the wounded soldiers, before the two soldiers were pronounced dead.

It added that the wounded soldiers were rushed to Rabin Medical center in Petah Tikva.

It also stated that the Palestinian driver, identified as Ala Rateb Kabaha, 26,  suffered light-to-moderate wounds and was treated at the scene, before he was moved to Hillel Yaffe Medical Center in Hadera, after the soldiers refused to allow Palestinian medics to approach him.

Israeli army and police raided the family home the Palestinian driver in the village of Barta’a, to the west of Jenin, searched it and interrogated members of his family, WAFA reports.

It is still unclear whether the incident was a car ramming attack based on nationalistic motives or a mere traffic accident.

Kabaha himself was shot and injured by the soldiers just after the deadly incident. He was interrogated despite of his wounds, before he was moved by the soldiers to a hospital in Israel for medical treatment.

The Israeli military shut down the checkpoint to Palestinian traffic just following the incident.

The Israeli army and various Israeli media outlets have already classified the incident as a “deliberate ramming attack.”

One of Kabaha’s relatives told Haaretz Israeli online daily that Ala is a house painter, and went to Jenin to buy paint before heading back homes.

He added that the Palestinian is not a member of any Palestinian organization, and that what happened is nothing more than an unfortunate traffic accident, and not a deliberate attack as the military is claiming.

So far, Israel has not released the names of the Israeli soldiers who were killed, and injured, in the incident.

Israeli government “coordinator” in the occupied Palestinian territories, Maj. Gen. Yoav Mordechai, revoked 100 work permits which were previously granted to members of the extended Kabaha family.

(Source / 17.03.2018)

Undercover Israeli Soldiers Kidnap A Man In Bethlehem

17 MAR
2:58 AM

Undercover Israeli soldiers infiltrated, Friday, into the Manger Square area, in the center of the West Bank city of Bethlehem, and kidnapped a young Palestinian man, before withdrawing towards military roadblock #300, north of Bethlehem.

Media sources in Bethlehem said the undercover soldiers drove a civilian car with Palestinian license plates, and kidnapped Shadi Ma’ali, in addition invading nearby stores and confiscating their surveillance equipment and recordings.

The soldiers fired many live rounds at Palestinians in the area and sped towards the military roadblock taking the young man with them.

It is worth mentioning that Ma’ali is a former political prisoner, who held a hunger strike for forty days while being held by Israel under Administrative Detention orders, without charges or trial.

The army has been trying to re-abduct and imprison the young man over the last several months.

(Source / 17.03.2018)

Israel threatens to assassinate Hamas leaders in next war

Israeli soldiers keep watch near the Separation Wall in the West Bank

srael has warned Hamas that any future war on the Gaza Strip would lead to the assassination of the movement’s leaders, Channel 2 reported.

Quoting unnamed sources the Israeli channel reported that the warning was conveyed via the senior Egyptian delegation which is currently visiting Gaza.

“The Egyptians have informed the movement that in any future escalation, Israel will strike back harshly and may reach the point of toppling the Hamas regime in Gaza. None of the Hamas leaders will be safe,” the sources said.

“A senior Egyptian delegation conveyed a clear message to the Palestinians about the consequences of any new escalation in Gaza and according to this message, it is better for Hamas not to play with fire. This is the senior Egyptian intelligence delegation currently visiting Gaza which Arab media channels say aims to discuss the Palestinian internal reconciliation.”

Read: EXCLUSIVE: Israel is making a ‘historic mistake,’ warns veteran Palestinian official

(Source / 17.03.2018)

Israeli court extends detention of rights group head

Detention extended Naser Qaws

The Israeli occupation authorities extended the remand of the head of the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) in Occupied Jerusalem, Naser Qaws.

Lawyer Mufeed al-Haj, from the PPS, said in a Friday statement that a hearing is expected to be held at the Israeli Magistrate’s Court to decide on al-Qaws’s case.

The Israeli occupation forces arrested Qaws overnight after they summoned him to questioning at the Mascoubiya detention center.

(Source / 16.03.2018)

Israel bans 2 Irish tourists from entering 1948 Occupied Palestine

2 Irish banned

Israeli authorities on Friday blocked two Irish nationals from entering 1948 Occupied Palestine over “plans to disrupt security forces”.

The Israeli immigration authorities banned the two Irish nationals who headed a group of 27 others from Ireland entering Israel as tourists. The authorities claimed they investigated them but they did not reveal the real reason for their arrival and they allegedly had other plans for their entry.

The rest of the group were allowed to enter 1948 Occupied Palestine after the two leaders were returned to their country.

According to Haaretz Hebrew newspaper, the two were previously denied entry to 1948 Palestine for their participation in solidarity events with the Palestinian people.

(Source / 16.03.2018)

Minister approves railway link between West Bank settlements and Israel cities

Image of Israeli railwayy station [Ynhockey /Wikipedia]

Image of Israeli railway station

The Israeli Transport Minister Yisrael Katz has approved the construction of a light rail service between the illegal settlement of Ariel in the northern occupied West Bank and the cities of Rosh HaAyin and Petah Tikva in central Israel.

The Israeli Ministry of Transport expects the 35.5 kilometre project to cost at least 4 billion shekels ($1.1 billion) upon completion in 2025.

Katz said: “The new light rail train will significantly reduce traffic congestion in the area, and enable [Ariel residents] to reach their workplaces, shopping malls and entertainment venues quickly and safely.”

He explained that the next phase of the project could include linking the light train rail with the train lines in Tel Aviv.

Though Katz backed the plan it is yet to be formally approved.

Read: Israel coalition government saved, Knesset approves 2019 budget

(Source / 16.03.2018)