Palestinian resistance foils ‘important’ Israeli security operation in Gaza

Members of Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas, take part in a military parade on the third anniversary of Israel's attacks on Gaza in Khan Yunis, Gaza on 20 July 2017 [Mustafa Hassona/Anadolu Agency]

Members of Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas in Gaza on 20 July 2017

The military wing of Hamas foiled an Israeli operation of “utmost importance” for Israeli security in Gaza last night, the movement said on Monday. Al-Qassam Brigades explained that a group of Israeli Special Forces infiltrated the eastern area of the city of Khan Younis to carry out a secret operation.

“The resistance forces discovered them, stopped them and started to deal with them,” said the official statement. When the Israeli forces became sure that they were compromised, it added, an exchange of fire led to the killing of field leader Nour Baraka and another six Palestinian fighters.

This, the Hamas military wing pointed out, was due to the heavy air cover under which the Israeli forces fled. One Israeli officer was also killed in the incident, and another was wounded.

According to Israeli media report, army officials said that the Special Forces penetrated the eastern fence near Khan Younis to carry out a “complicated intelligence operation.” The action, they claimed, was for intelligence purposes, not for an assassination or a kidnapping.

“It was planned despite the efforts to reach a [ceasefire] arrangement,” said army spokesperson Ronen Manelis. “The Israeli Defence Forces that operated last night in the Gaza Strip became trapped in a highly complex situation. The soldiers acted heroically, hit those who threatened them and extracted themselves to Israeli territory.”

The Israeli army did not reveal the identity of its soldier who was killed in the operation, claiming to do so would undermine Israel’s security. However, Maariv revealed that the lieutenant colonel was the most senior Israeli soldier to be killed since 2014.

Read: Hamas denounces ‘Arab normalisation’ with Israel

(Source / 12.11.2018)

Israel kills 7 during Gaza raid, Israeli officer killed

Damaged buildings are seen after Israel carried out air strikes in Gaza on 8 August 2018 [Mohammed Asad/Middle East Monitor]

Damaged buildings are seen after Israel carried out air strikes in Gaza on 8 August 2018

Israeli forces killed seven Palestinians in the Gaza Strip on Sunday in air strikes and an undercover raid that Hamas said targeted one of its commanders and the Israeli military said left one of its officers dead, Reuters reports.

The Israeli incursion and air attacks drew rocket fire from the Hamas-controlled enclave, with sirens sounding in Israeli communities along the border. The military said its defences intercepted two of the launches. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage on the Israeli side of the frontier.

The violence prompted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to cut short a visit to Paris, where he had been gathering with world leaders for a World War One commemoration.

Hamas said the incident began when assailants in a passing car opened fire on a group of its armed men, killing one of its commanders. Hamas gunmen gave chase as the car sped back towards the border with Israel, Hamas said in a statement.

Read: Gaza protester dies of wounds in West Bank hospital

During the pursuit, Israeli aircraft fired more than 40 missiles in the area, according to witnesses.

Medics and Hamas officials said at least seven people were killed, four of them militants, including Hamas commander Nour Baraka. It was unclear if the other fatalities included gunmen.

The Israeli military said in a statement that: “During an IDF (Israel Defense Forces) Special Forces operational activity in the Gaza Strip, an exchange of fire evolved.”

One officer was killed and a second was wounded, it said.

A return by Israel to a policy of targeting individual Hamas commanders – tactics largely abandoned in recent years – could significantly raise tensions along the border.

Violence has flared frequently on the frontier since Palestinians began weekly protests on March 30. Egypt, Qatar and the United Nations have been trying to broker a long-term ceasefire.

#Israel kills witnesses to its crimes and doesn’t want us to know

READ: https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180725-israel-kills-wi…/

MEMO #Infographic by QUAD Business House

(Source / 12.11.2018)

Emadi: We support all efforts to address Gaza humanitarian issues

M al-Emadi Qatar

Qatari ambassador Mohamed al-Emadi said on Saturday that his country supports all the efforts being made to address the humanitarian issues in the Gaza Strip and end the Palestinian division.

In a news conference held at the Gaza power plan, Emadi stated that the provision of electricity for long hours in the past two weeks considerably helped the private sector and met the daily needs of Gazans.

“With the participation of the UN and the director of the station, I am visiting the facility today to follow up the process of supplying it with fuel,” the ambassador said, stressing that providing every Gaza home and street with power is a basic human right.

Replying to a question about creating water corridors for Gaza, the Qatari official affirmed that there were great efforts to address all the issues in Gaza.

“Qatar’s $150 million contribution to the Palestinian people [in Gaza] and their humanitarian needs have positive indicators because injecting the economy with millions of dollars will help refresh it and benefit all segments of the society,” he said.

Answering a Palestinian Information Center (PIC) reporter about the Qatari role in solving the crisis of salaries, he stated that his country provided humanitarian assistance for thousands of Gazan families.

“I am not talking about salaries, but today we are providing humanitarian aid. 50,000 families received humanitarian support from the bank of the post office in Gaza,” the ambassador said.

(Source / 11.11.2018)

Hamas: Us-Israel “deal of century” will not see the day

Sami Abu Zuhri Deal of the Century

The Palestinian people will leave no stone unturned to foil the “Deal of the Century” drafted by the US and backed up by Israel, Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said.

In a Sunday tweet, Abu Zuhri said the Palestinians will keep up the Great March of Return protests until the US-drafted scheme is thwarted.

Abu Zuhri called on the Palestinian Authority to sever all ties with the Israeli occupation and the US administration, boost support for the Palestinian people throughout their anti-occupation struggle, and work on having the Great March of Return protests staged across the occupied West Bank.

(Source / 11.11.2018)

Children among Palestinians kidnapped by Israel army at daybreak

Children kidnapped WB

A number of Palestinians, including children, were kidnapped by the Israeli occupation forces at daybreak Sunday in abduction sweeps rocking the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem.

The abduction sweep targeted Palestinians from Ramallah, Bethlehem, and occupied Jerusalem.

The list of arrestees includes 14-year-old Ouni Ahmad Taqatqa and 16-year-old Samih Salim Sabah, both kidnapped from their family homes in Bethlehem’s southeastern towns of Beit Fajjar and Tekou’a.

Palestinian ex-prisoner Omar Aziyeh was, meanwhile, kidnapped by the occupation soldiers from his home in Ayeda refugee camp, north of Bethlehem.

The arrestees were dragged to unknown destinations pending exhaustive questioning.

At the same time, Israeli patrols sealed off the main entrance to Azzoun town, east of Qalqilya province.

(Source / 11.11.2018)

Suha Jebara tortured by PA interrogators in Jericho jai

Prison of Jericho

Informed sources have reported that female prisoner Suha Jebara are exposed to excruciating torture at the hands of Palestinian Authority interrogators in the notorious prison of Jericho.

According to those sources, there are signs of bruises on Suha’s body as a result of her exposure to severe beating by PA officers in Jericho jail.

Suha Jebara, who holds American and Panamanian citizenship, is a mother of three children, and the PA security authorities have accused her of providing help for the families of Palestinian martyrs and prisoners.

(Source / 11.11.2018)

Israel Orders Halt to Renovations in Hebron

11 NOV
6:25 PM

According to Hebron’s Rehabilitation Committee, Israeli authorities have imposed a ban on renovations of a kindergarten in the southern Occupied West Bank city of Hebron, Ma’an reported on Sunday.

No justification was provided, by Israel, for the stop work order on the school building belonging to Palestinian Red Crescent Society.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society is a humanitarian organization that, according to its website, provides “health and social services to the Palestinian people when and where needed.”

The building is located near the Ibrahimi Mosque (The Cave of the Patriarchs), in H2 section of Al Khalil (Hebron), which is under full Israeli control.

The 1997 Hebron Agreement/Protocol was an agreement between Israel, represented by Benjamin Netanyahu, and the Palestinian Liberation Organization, represented by Yasser Arafat, lifting military control over 80% (H1), with 20% (H2) of Al-Khalil remaining under full Israeli control.

(Source / 11.11.2018)

Updated: Army Injures Many Schoolchildren Near Bethlehem

11 NOV
10:30 AM

Israeli soldiers injured, Sunday, eight Palestinians with rubber-coated steel bullets, and caused dozens to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation, in two villages in Bethlehem governorate in the occupied West Bank.

The Israeli attacks took place in Dar Salah village and Teqoua’ town, during activities marking the 14thanniversary of the death of President Yasser Arafat.

Local nonviolent activist Sabri Jibril, said the soldiers fired dozens of gas bombs and rubber-coated steel bullets at Teqoua’ School for Boys, and its surrounding areas.

The Palestinian Medical Relief has reported that the soldiers shot eight Palestinians with rubber-coated steel bullets, and gas many to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation.

He added that many students suffered the effects of teargas inhalation, and the school had to shut down for the day to prevent any further military escalation.

It is worth mentioning that the soldiers also detained the school principal, and several teachers.

Many Palestinians then protested the attack and hurled stones at the invading soldiers, who fired rubber-coated steel bullets, gas bombs and concussion grenades.

The soldiers also closed the western and northern entrances of the town, and prevented the Palestinians from entering or leaving it.

In addition, the soldiers also attacked a school in Dar Salah village, east of Bethlehem, during a similar activity commemorating Arafat’s death.

A similar attack targeted a school in Hebron, in the southern part of the West Bank, causing many students, and one teacher, to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation.

(Source / 11.11.2018)

Israel bans renovations of Palestinian kindergarten in Hebron

Kindergarten banned

HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli authorities banned Hebron’s Rehabilitation Committee from renovating a Palestinian kindergarten near the Ibrahimi mosque, in the southern occupied West Bank city of Hebron, on Sunday.

The committee said that as their employees were carrying out renovation work in the kindergarten, which belongs to the Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS), Israeli authorities ordered for its halt.
The committee added that Israeli authorities did not provide a reason for the ban.
Hebron’s flash-point Old City has been declared a “closed military zone” by the Israeli army since November 2015, and all non-resident Palestinians have been prevented from entering the area.Palestinians residing in the Old City were required to register under a number system following the declaration in order to pass through the 17 military checkpoints that crisscross the area.Around 800 Israeli settlers are living illegally in the area and area able to move freely unlike Palestinian residents.Despite being located in the center of Hebron city, which is under Palestinian jurisdiction, the Old City is located in an area designated as “H2” and is under full Israeli military control.
(Source / 11.11.2018)

Israeli settlers prevent entry of truckloads into Gaza

Truckloads not in Gaza

GAZA CITY (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers prevented the entry of dozens of truckloads of basic supplies and fuel, on Sunday, into the besieged Gaza Strip through the Kerem Shalom crossing.

According to local sources, dozens of Israeli settlers blocked the main road leading to Kerem Shalom crossing, Gaza’s main commercial crossing, preventing truckloads of merchandise, food, fuel, gas, and construction materials to enter Gaza.
Due to the roadbloack by Israeli settlers, hundreds of trucks still wait on the Palestinian side of the crossing, awaiting discharge of the truckloads coming from the Israeli side.
This is not the first time that Israeli settlers attempted to prevent goods from entering Gaza, during which they blocked a road leading to the Kerem Shalom crossing and demanded that the Israeli government should cancel entry of goods into Gaza, as long as the launching of incendiary kites and balloons continues.
However, Palestinians in Gaza view the incendiary kites as a form of protest against Israel’s nearly 12-year blockade of Gaza and for Palestinian refugees right of return to their homes and lands which are now known as Israel.
There are three crossings into the Gaza Strip; two are controlled by Israel and one by Egypt. The Gaza-Israel crossings are the Erez crossing in the northern Gaza Strip, that is specifically for pedestrians, and Kerem Shalom in the southern Gaza Strip for the entry of goods and fuel. The Gaza-Egypt crossing is the Rafah crossing in the southern Gaza Strip, but is often closed and lacks infrastructure for it to be a main commercial crossing.
(Source / 11.11.2018)