For the second night in a row, Israeli strikes continue to shake Gaza

Gaza (QNN)- For the second night in a row, Israeli warplanes and artillery continued to strike several targets in the besieged Gaza strip last night

In Rafah, Israeli artillery targeted an observation post of the resistance. Another observation post in Khan Yunis was also targeted.

Israeli warplanes also targeted an agricultural land in the neighborhood of Shuja’iyyah in eastern Gaza.

The Israeli army targeted Al Farahin area in eastern Khan Yunis with four bombs and targeted another location in eastern Rafah.

The Israeli army had been bombing the besieged enclave for the last two days, targeting several civilian locations including an UNRWA school in western Gaza. The occupation state also continues to close Erez border crossing, prevent fuel entry, and shrinking the fishing zone.

(Source / 14.08.2020)

New agreement to normalize ties between UAE and ‘Israel’

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- A new deal between the occupation state and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been reached to normalize diplomatic ties between the small Arab country and the occupation state.

The deal was announced by US President Donald Trump following a phone call between him, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, crown prince of Abu Dhabi.

“This deal is a significant step towards building a more peaceful, secure and prosperous Middle East,” Mr. Trump told reporters in a hastily arranged event in the Oval Office. “Now that the ice has been broken, I expect more Arab and Muslim countries will follow the United Arab Emirates’ lead.”

The White House said the agreement will see ‘Israel’ suspend its plans to annex Palestinian areas of the occupied West Bank.

Until now Israel has had no diplomatic relations with Gulf Arab countries.

Palestinian leaders were reportedly taken by surprise. A spokesman for President Mahmoud Abbas said the deal amounted to “treason”, and the Palestinian ambassador to the UAE was being recalled.

“This is a black day in the history of Palestine,” Ahmad Majdalani, a member of the Palestine Liberation Organization’s Executive Committee, said in an interview shortly before the Palestinian ambassador to the Emirates was recalled in protest. “This agreement is a total departure from the Arab consensus. The Palestinian people have not authorized anyone to make concessions to Israel in exchange for anything.”

Turkey condemned the UAE for normalising ties with Israel as a “hypocritical” betrayal of the Palestinian cause.

“While betraying the Palestinian cause to serve its narrow interests, the UAE is trying to present this as a kind of act of self-sacrifice for Palestine. History and the conscience of the people living in the region will not forget and never forgive this hypocritical behaviour,” the Turkish foreign ministry said in a statement.

Tirta Parsi, executive vice-president of the Quincy Institute, said the main aim of the UAE-Israel decision to normalise ties was to keep Washington “militarily engaged in the region”.

(Source / 14.08.2020)

Settlers’ violence: More burning of trees, vandalism, thuggery in West Bank

Occupied West Bank (QNN)- Israeli settlers have set fire to olive trees as well as crops fields in the village of Jeet in the south-west of Nablus today.

Meanwhile, another group of Israeli settlers closed the road between Nablus and Qalqilya and attacked and threw stones at Palestinian vehicles.

In the same vein, Israeli settlers from the illegal settlement of Elon Moreh stormed parks and archaeological sites in the village of Bathan in Nablus today.

Illegal settlers have recently increased their attacks against native Palestinians under the protection and support of the Israeli army.

(Source / 13.08.2020)

Watchdogs: ‘Israel’ arrested 429 Palestinians in July only

Including 32 children and ten women

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Human rights organizations and watchdogs revealed on Wednesday that the Israeli army arrested 429 Palestinians last July only.

In its monthly joint report, the organizations (The Committee of Prisoners and Former Prisoners Affairs, The Palestinian Prisoners Association, Wadi Hilweh Information Center) revealed that the arrests included 32 children and ten women.

According to the report, 201 Palestinians were arrested from the Palestinian capital, 46 from Ramallah and Bireh, 35 from Hebron, 34 from Jenin, 22 from Bethlehem, 20 from Nablus, 15 from Tulkarm, 17 from Qalqilya, eight from Jericho, 15 from Tubas, three from Salfit, and 13 from Gaza.

The number of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails has reached nearly 4500 last July. 41 of them are women, nearly 160 are children, and 360 under administrative detention.

The occupation state did not lower the pace of arrests although of WHO guideline to deal with the Covid-19 Pandemic. It also continued its policy of holding large numbers of Palestinian prisoners in small cells that lack ventilation and do not meet minimal requirements of sanitation and hygiene.

(Source / 13.08.2020)

“Israel” closes Kerem Shalom crossing, prevents fuel entry to Gaza

Hamas movement held the Israeli occupation responsible for all the consequences of shutting the “Kerem Shalom” commercial crossing and preventing the entry of goods into the besieged enclave

Gaza (QNN) – The Israeli occupation authorities decided on Thursday it would block fuel intery into the Gaza Strip until further notice.

Two days ago, the occupation authorities decided to close the “Kerem Shalom” crossing, south of Gaza, and prevent the entry of building materials into the besieged Strip.

“Kerem Shalom” is Gaza’s main commercial crossing. Israeli officials stated that it was closed in response to arson balloons launched from Gaza towards the occupied territories.

Hamas movement held the Israeli occupation responsible for all the consequences of shutting the “Kerem Shalom” commercial crossing and preventing the entry of goods into the besieged enclave.

Hamas spokesman, Fawzi Barhoum considered the occupation’s decision to block the entry of goods into Gaza as an act of aggression and a crime against two million Palestinians in living in the Strip.

“It is the right of our people in Gaza to express their of anger and make their voice and demands heard to the world, which is silently watching their suffering and increasingly bad living and humanitarian conditions,” Barhoum said.

“The popular act of struggle to express their anger and to pressure the Israeli occupation to end the siege is a normal reaction to the occupation’s aggressive policies and the tightening of its siege on the Gaza Strip,” he added.

(Source / 13.08.2020)

Photos | Unexploded Israeli missile found in an elementary school in Gaza

The school kids and teachers headed to their classes in the morning, but the school was evacuated immediately once the missile was found, which could have caused a potential massacre. The missile was dismantled by explosive experts

Gaza (QNN) – An unexploded Israeli missile was found in an elementary school in western Gaza city on Thursday morning after an Israeli aggression against Gaza Strip the night before.

An Israeli warplane targeted an UNRWA-run elementary school in al-Shati refugee camp, west of Gaza City, on Wednesday night. The missile didn’t explode in the school where about one thousand children study.

The school kids and teachers headed to their classes in the morning, but the school was evacuated immediately once the missile was found, which could have caused a potential massacre. The missile was dismantled by explosive experts.

The spokesman of the Ministry of Interior, Iyad Bozom said that the bomb that hit the school today was used by the Israeli occupation to kill civilians in Gaza Strip during previous aggression.

“The bomb contains 1500 metal shrapnel, each of which can kill a person; it is laser-guided and rarely misses the target,” Bozom added.

The Palestinian Ministry of Interior described the Israeli attack as a crime, and called on the international human rights bodies to curb the Israeli occupation’s criminal practices and provide protection for the Palestinian children and education facilities.

In a statement, the Palestinian Ministry of Education condemned the Israeli aggression against the elementary school and called on the UN to hold the Israeli occupation accountable for its crimes that go against the international law.

(Source / 13.08.2020)

Israeli forces raze large tracts of land in north of the West Bank

Tulkarm (QNN) – Israeli occupation forces paved today a settlers-only road and razed large tracts of Palestinian–owned land in Kafr al-Labad village, east of the northern West Bank city of Tulkarm, according to the head of the village council, Ihab Ghazaleh.

He told official news agency WAFA that occupation soldiers escorted bulldozers into an area of the village where they leveled large tracts of lands and paved a 10 meter–long road for settlers leading to the illegal colonial settlement of Avni Hefetz.

He added that this land, which amounts to 600 dunums in area, has been a regular target of the settlers and Israeli army and any attempt by Palestinians to reclaim their land and plant it was fiercely attacked by the settlers and soldiers, who often sabotage the work and steal equipment used in the work.

Ghazaleh said the land in question is owned by village residents who have official documents proving ownership, explaining that building a road for settlers there would close main access to the village that connects it to Tulkarm city.

(Source / 13.08.2020)

Putin Announces ‘ World’s First’ Coronavirus Vaccine

Deze afbeelding heeft een leeg alt-atribuut; de bestandsnaam is 800.jpeg

Moscow (QNN)- In a race to discover a vaccine that will immunize people from the novel coronavirus, President Vladimir Putin revealed on Tuesday morning that Russia registered the world’s first Covid-19 vaccine marking a milestone in the fight against the deadly virus after less than two months of human testing.

Addressing a government meeting on state television, the Russian President insisted the vaccine was safe and it had even been administered to one of his daughters. “As far as I know, a vaccine against the coronavirus infection has been registered this morning (in Russia) for the first time in the world,” he said.

A vaccine developed by Moscow’s Gamaleya Institute highlights Russian determination to win the global race for an effective product, and it may be putting national prestige before sound science and safety as proof of its scientific prowess
According to the Health Ministry website, Its registration certificate notes that the vaccine, an injection solution called “Sputnik-V,” will enter civilian circulation on Jan. 1, 2021.

The World Health Organization last week urged Russia to follow established guidelines and go “through all the stages” necessary to develop a safe vaccine.

To gain triumph against covid-19 more than 100 possible vaccines are being developed all over the world trying to put an end to the lethal pandemic, four of which achieve a final Phase III human trials according to WHO data.

(Source / 12.08.2020)

‘Israel’ demolishes more structures in Jerusalem

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Israeli authorities on Wednesday forced Ibrahim Abu Jom’a from At Tour neighborhood in occupied Jerusalem to demolish his under-construction house under the pretext of being built without a permit.

Abu Jom’a told QNN that his brother and he have been building two apartments above the house of their father.

He added that the Israelis ordered them to demolish the apartments four months ago and imposed heavy fines on them, accusing them of illegal construction, although they tried to get a construction permit but the occupation state rejected it.

He also said that his lawyer told him that he will have to demolish the 170-meter apartments himself or he will have to pay a 70,000 NIS penalty.

In the same context, Israeli bulldozers demolished today a wall belonging to Hamzah Mughrabi in Qalandya.

The Israeli army also stormed Atarot and demolished agricultural structures and leveled a land belonging to the families of Abu Rmouz and Shweiki.

The occupation state had demolished over 90 residential, agricultural, and commercial structures in occupied Jerusalem this year.

(Source / 12.08.2020)

Three families left homeless in Israeli new demolition in Jerusalem

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Crews of the Israeli municipality on Tuesday began emptying a building in the town of Silwan in the occupied Palestinian capital, belonging to the Al-Tahan family, in preparation for it demolition.

QNN’s correspondent reported that crews from the Israeli municipality, accompanied by heavily armed police forces and machinery, stormed the building of the Al-Tahan family in Wadi Qaddum neighborhood in Silwan.

She added that the forces surrounded the house and prevented access to it, then forced its residents to immediately evacuate it in preparation for its demolition after an Israeli court decided to demolish it last June.

The building, which consists of three apartments, has been built since the 1990s. The Israeli municipality had previously informed the family that their building will be demolished under the pretext of having no permit. In 1993, the occupation state had also ordered to confiscate the land of the building in favor of what it called the public benefit.

Jawad Siyam, director of the Wadi Hilweh Information Center, pointed out that since the beginning of the year, the Israeli forces have demolished more than 90 buildings, including residential homes, agricultural and commercial installations, fences and barracks.

He added that self-demolitions have doubled in the last two months. The Israeli municipality force Jerusalemites to demolish their homes themselves after threatening to impose fines on them.

The Israeli forces have increased home demolitions in the occupied Jerusalem since the beginning of 2020.

(Source / 11.08.2020)