On Friday April 19th Israel’s occupation forces wounded up to 100 people in its attacks against participants of the Great Return March in the besieged Gaza Strip.
Among those wounded were up to 23 children, 5 women, 4-5 paramedics and 4 journalists. 42 people suffered injuries after being hit with tear-gas canisters, 33 people were shot with live ammunition and 13 were shot with rubber-coated steel bullets.
One person, a child, suffered head injuries described as “critical” from being hit by Israeli occupation forces’ tear-gas canister. These are launched at high velocity from batteries mounted on vehicles.
An ambulance was hit and damaged by Israeli occupation troops.
Earlier in the day Israel had attacked three observation posts belonging to Hamas armed wing, the al-Qassam Brigades, without causing injuries. Both artillery and air-strikes were used in the bombing. Israeli occupation claimed that ‘shots were fired’ towards ethnically cleansed Palestine 1948 before IDF / IOF started its own attacks.
On April 4th Israeli occupation claimed that its occupation forces’ soldiers had shot two youths and arrested them along with a third on the preceding evening after they had crossed the border fence from the besieged Gaza Strip. Israeli occupation also alleged that one of three youths had consecutively died of his wounds in a hospital in the city of Beersheba in ethnically cleansed Palestine 1948.
Two of the youths were released back to the tiny littoral enclave on April 5th, but the identity of the youth Israel said it’s troops had killed was not revealed by either Israeli or Palestinian authorities. The two youths released were both shown to be underage.
Then, on April 15th Israeli occupation announced the death of 16-year-old Ishaq Abdul Muti Suwailm Eshteiwi – and revealed that he was the youth Israel had already once reported to have died on April 4th. (In some reports the original Israeli occupation claim has led to the mistaken claim that there would be two dead victims, Eshteiwi and unknown second one reported on April 4th.)
The teenager had lived week-and-a-half after his death had been announced by Israel’s regime. This has raised some suspicions of what actually happened to him – and a likely futile hope that some of the dozen people whose bodies Israel claims to be hoarding after killing them on the Gaza border during the Great Return March, could in fact be alive as their relatives have not been given more than the Israeli regime’s word as evidence that they are dead.
The 53rd main Great Return March in the besieged Gaza Strip on Friday April 5th was attacked by Israel’s occupation forces with its usual arsenal: Mainly live bullets and tear-gas grenades, with limited use of rubber-coated steel bullets.
There was one ‘novelty’ in the form of tear-gas whose fumes were coloured red and yellow. There are reports inhaling this particular form of tear-gas would have led to convulsions in some of those who came into contact with it.
This is not the first time that convulsions and possible long-term neurological damage have been reported as a result of Israeli tear-gas during the Great Return March demonstrations, so the ‘novelty’ may be connected to the colour alone.
Up to 109 people were wounded in the Israeli attacks, with 56 being hit by live bullets or shrapnel, 47 were hit by tear-gas grenades which Israeli occupation forces launch as high-velocity volleys, and 6 people were hit by rubber-coated steel bullets.
Three of the victims suffered serious injuries. There is one source (@paldf) which reports a teenage boy was revived three minutes after his heart had stopped beating as a result of being shot and wounded by an Israeli occupation forces sniper.
Among those wounded are said to be 30 children, 6 women and 2 journalists.
Up to 282 people have been killed by Israel’s regime during protests in the besieged littoral enclave since the beginning of the Great Return March on March 30th 2018.
Israeli occupation claims that it killed one and kidnapped two young men, wounding one of them, late on Wednesday April 3rd after they would have crossed the border from besieged Gaza Strip to ethnically cleansed Palestine 1948. The three young men, whose identities are unknown, would have crossed the border apparently in southern part of the small littoral enclave, after which at least two of them would have been shot by Israel’s occupation soldiers. One of them would have suffered critical injuries, another moderate ones and the third individual was either unharmed or suffered light injuries, depending on the source reporting. The first two persons would have been air-lifted to the Soroka medical center in ethnically cleansed city of Beersheba, south of the occupied West Bank, in Israeli occupation narrative. The critically wounded individual would have been either declared dead on arrival or would have died soon after arrival, succumbing to his wounds. Israeli occupation claims that the youths would have had ‘knives’ and would not have obeyed command to stop by soldiers – the standard Israeli cliché of Palestinians armed with knives slowly walking to their deaths towards Israeli occupation forces like World War I soldiers in the Western Front. Palestinian sources have not confirmed the incident, but there is no reason to suspect that it wouldn’t have taken place; whether the Israeli occupation narrative is correct is suspect until further information is released. (Source / 06.04.2019)
On Thursday April 4th Israel’s regime destroyed the Bedouin village of al-Araqib in the Negev for 142nd time, demolishing structures and tents on the site.
Israel has refused to recognize the village and its inhabitants right to the land, which they have owned since the Ottoman times. The local cemetery on village land was built in 1914. Israel has forbidden the villagers from living officially on the site since 1951, when the population was around 400.
Local leaders have been imprisoned and villagers fined for their steadfastness which sees them rebuild basic residential shelters on the site before they are again destroyed by Israeli forces.
The demolitions take place sometimes each month, sometimes every second month and they have gone on with this regularity since July 27th 2010. Agricultural fields belonging to the villagers started to be destroyed by Israel in 2000. The previous time the village was demolished was on February 7th.
The village of al-Araqib is one of 34-35 unrecognized villages which Israeli regime intends to destroy, forcing the inhabitants to move segregated townships which lack services and jobs – and voting sites in the coming Knesset elections.
Writing in Haaretz on March 24th the Israeli journalist Amira Hass revealed another extrajudicial execution of injured Palestinians by Israel’s occupation forces’ soldiers. On March 4th Israeli occupation soldiers shot and killed two young Palestinian men, Amir Mahmoud Daraj(20) and Yousef Raed Anqawi(24), in the West Bank village of Kufr Nimeh after their car had hit two Israeli occupation forces’ members, causing them moderate injuries, before colliding with an armoured personnel carrier that had suffered a malfunction and was stranded on the road. The incident took place at 03:30 am in a very bad weather, it was still dark, there was heavy fog which limited visibility even more and the road was wet and slippery after rain. The men were on their way to work in a bakery. Israeli occupation claimed that the incident was ‘a car ramming attack’ and paraded ‘a confession’ it was claimed had gotten from the only survivor, Haytham Basel Alqam(20), who suffered injuries from the crash itself and was not shot. Hass reveals that the ‘confession’ was result of him being put in jail in presence of Arab collaborators who pretended to be fellow prisoners and who had apparently manipulated him. More importantly Hass reveals that Israeli occupation had not told that all the shots fired by occupation forces’ members had come after the incident, and except one, minutes after it. One shot came 10 seconds after the car had hit the armoured personnel carrier. The next six shots came 4 minutes and 30 seconds later, then 20 seconds later came two more shots, then 30 seconds after those came one, final shot. This tells a story of extrajudicial executions – a double murder of the victims, who were painted as ‘terrorists’ by Israel’s occupation forces, who claimed that they had thrown previously ‘firebombs’. Instead the real story is one of a war crime which Israel’s occupation forces and regime are trying to hide: A brutal killing of two young men, with the survivor destined to be imprisoned while murderers in occupation uniforms will stay free, their impunity an example for others to follow. (Source / 29.03.2019)
Israel’s occupation forces killed a teenage volunteer paramedic near Bethlehem on the occupied West Bank on the morning of Wednesday March 27th. SHOT WHILE TRYING TO REACH WOUNDED The shooting took place after Israel’s occupation forces’ troops had invaded the al-Deheisha refugee camp and had clashed with local youths, wounding 3-4 of them and abducting three people. Sajed Abed al-Hakim Mezher, aged 17 or 18, was shot in his abdomen with a live bullet by Israeli occupation soldier at 06:00 am while he was running to reach a wounded person. Metzher was wearing his medic’s uniform and a reflective vest when he was hit. A fellow paramedic witnessed Mezher’s shooting: “There were clashes, people were throwing stones, and four had been wounded. He ran to help someone and got shot. I was right behind him. He thought he had been hit in the leg. But there was no blood because it was the abdomen.” Mezher was evacuated to a hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries. He was still conscious near the end and was able to raise his hand and made a victory sign with his fingers. His funeral took place in the afternoon in Bethlehem. MARTYR OF THE INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN MOVEMENT According to his family, he is “martyr of the international humanitarian movement”. The Mezhers lost his 15-year-old cousin Arkan Tha’er Mizhir on July 22nd 2018, when he was shot in chest by Israeli occupation soldier in the al-Deheisha camp. Sajed’s father said that he ‘begged’ his son not to go, but Sajed had answered that he was trained to help in situations like the one they had and that his medical uniform would protect him: “I begged him not to leave, I told him that the soldiers wouldn’t care if he was wearing a medical vest or not, but he insisted on going. He thought they wouldn’t shoot someone wearing a medical vest. He told me that he cannot abandon the wounded at this moment, saying he was trained to provide humanitarian aid at times like this. He told me not to worry and that he was protected under international law wearing his official uniform… but he was still shot and killed.” The local head of WHO in the occupied Palestinian territories, Dr Gerald Rockenschaub lamented Sajed Mezher’s killing: “We are saddened by this tragic loss. Health workers provide critical care and save lives. Their protection must be ensured. Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with Sajed’s family and our colleagues at PMRS.”
10 people, including 2 children, were wounded in Israel’s occupation forces attacks on the besieged Gaza Strip on Monday and early on Tuesday. Israeli occupation fired and dropped over 100 bombs and missiles to the small coastal enclave of two million people in the attacks. Among the targets were nine sites belonging to Hamas, the office of Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh, various office and business sites including a driving school and al-Multazem insurance company; Israeli occupation claimed that the latter would’ve been ‘secret headquarters’ for Hamas operatives, which was denied by Palestinian sources. Civilian residential buildings, including four-story one belonging to the Ghazali family in Gaza City, were also git and in that particular case, completely destroyed. Israeli bombing overall left 70 people, including 44 children and 13 women, homeless. Omar Ibn Abdel Aziz mosque in Beit Hanoun caught fire after being hit by an Israeli bomb and was mostly destroyed. The mosque was built to replace a previous one which Israel destroyed in an air-strike on January 4th 2009. 20 agricultural sites were also hit in the Israeli occupation attacks, while resistance groups launched up to 50 rockets (and possibly mortars), none of which caused injuries or damage to infrastructure. The attacks came after a rocket hit a building in the town of Mishmeret in ethnically cleansed Palestine 1948, injuring 8 persons, including 3 children. Israel’s occupation forces claimed that the rocket would have been launched from a Hamas site in Gaza, which Hamas denied, with an official of the movement commenting: “No one from the resistance movements, including Hamas, has an interest in firing rockets from the Gaza Strip towards the enemy.” Palestinian Authority’s caretaker government released a comment condemning the Israeli occupation forces’ attacks and pleaded for intervention from the world: “The international community cannot remain silent to the Israeli airstrikes on Gaza…” The reaction was expected; for example United Nations’ special envoy Nickolay Mladenov condemned the rocket launch but not Israeli occupation forces’ attacks and after thus neutralizing the weight of his other comments, made the usual warnings about the possibility of a war and that there was no alternative for a two-state solution. Currently a truce negotiated by Egypt seems to be largely holding beyond Israel’s occupation forces shooting 18-year-old teenager at his foot east of al-Bureij refugee camp with a rubber-coated steel bullet. Whether the truce will be continued is unclear. Approaching Knesset elections mean that Israel’s government will be even more prone than usual to military action instead of de-esclation. #Gaza #GazaStrip #Palestine
Israel’s occupation forces have killed a fourth young man in the span of two days in the occupied West Bank.
Ahmad Jamal Mahmoud Manasra, aged 22 or 26, was killed by Israel’s occupation forces at a checkpoint at the entrance to the town of al-Khader – situated near the city of Bethlehem on the occupied West Bank – on the evening of Wednesday March 20th.
Manasra was shot in arm, chest and shoulder in the incident, which started as Israeli occupation soldiers opened fire at a car driving before his own vehicle. The male driver of that car was hit in his abdomen and was seriously wounded; Manasra is claimed to have stopped to help him.
When Manasra was running back to his own car to move it from the road he was shot several times by occupation soldiers and died on the scene according to a Palestinian source. His body was recovered by Palestinian first responders and taken to hospital in near by Beit Jala.
Either Manasra or the man who was seriously wounded had his wife and children in a car with them; exactly which of them it was is unclear in sources.
Before Ahmad Manasra’s death Israel’s occupation troops had killed Omar Abu Leila(19), Raed Hashem Muhammad Hamdan(21) and Zaid Imad Muhammad Nuri(20) on Tuesday. According to PLO’s Hanan Ashrawi, these killings:
“…are illegal under international law and expose criminal intent on the part of Israeli forces, who continue to act with impunity and abject disregard for the Palestinian people’s basic right to live.”
Palestinian government condemns Israeli killing of 3 Palestinians
PLO condemns Israel’s summary execution of Palestinians
Updated: “Army Kills A Palestinian Trying To Provide Aid To Wounded Man In Bethlehem”
Israel’s occupation forces have killed a teenager in the occupied West Bank after an armed stand-off.
19-year-old Omar Abu Laila was killed on Tuesday March 19th in the village of Abwain in the Ramallah district of occupied West Bank by Israel’s occupation forces, which fired two missiles at a house he was in.
Israeli occupation claimed that it’s secret police Shabak had shown that Abu Laila would have carried out an attack in which Israel’s occupation forces’ second lieutenant Gal Keidan(19) had been killed on Sunday March 17th. That incident took place near the illegal colony of Ariel in the Salfit district of West Bank and two other occupiers, at least one of them occupation soldiers, were injured.
Palestinian sources claim that Abu Laila fought with the occupation troops using a gun he had taken from the dead occupation forces’ officer, refusing to surrender.
Israeli occupation is reported to have also blown-up also another, deserted house in the same village and to have wounded locals with live fire; one person was also wounded from shrapnel to neck and legs but is staid to be in ‘a stable’ condition.