40 new COVID-19 cases in Gaza

The Palestinian Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip on Thursday evening announced that 40 COVID-19 (coronavirus) cases have been detected in the enclave in recent hours.

Earlier in the day, the Ministry recorded 14 new cases.

Read More: Declaring lockdown in the uninhabitable besieged Gaza City due to COVID-19

Spokesman for the Ministry of Health, Ashraf al-Qedra, said that the total number of infections since March has increased to 192, 72 have recovered, 117 are active cases, including 80 among the population and 37 among new returnees in quarantine centers, and 3 have died.

Currently 2,269 people, who have recently returned to the Gaza Strip from abroad, are being held in quarantine centers as a preventive measure.

Read More: Six deaths, 622 new coronavirus cases in Palestine in 24 hours, says Health Minister

A total curfew has been declared in the Gaza Strip since Tuesday when new cases among the population were announced for the first time since the crisis started.

(Source / 29.08.2020)

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Vereiste velden zijn gemarkeerd met *