Pompeo: Annexation of West Bank is Israeli decision to make

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo meets Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at Prime Ministry Office in Jerusalem on 20 March 2019 [Kobi Gideon/Anadolu Agency]
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (L) meets Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at Prime Ministry Office in Jerusalem on 20 March 2019 

The US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday it was an Israeli decision whether to annex parts of the West Bank and the United States will offer its views on this to the new Israeli government in private, Reuters reports.

“As for the annexation of the West Bank, the Israelis will ultimately make those decisions,” Pompeo told reporters. “That’s an Israeli decision. And we will work closely with them to share with them our views of this in (a) private setting.”

Pompeo also said he was “happy” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and centrist rival Benny Gantz signed a deal on Monday to form a national emergency government, saying he did not think a fourth Israeli election was in Israel’s interest.

READ: Israel’s new government is being lauded despite Apartheid and annexation 

The coalition agreement states that while the new government will strive for peace and regional stability, plans to extend Israeli sovereignty to Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank – land the Palestinians seek for a state – could be promoted.

The move would mean a de-facto annexation of territory that Israel seized in a 1967 war and that is presently under Israeli military control. It would have to be greenlighted by the United States, after which Netanyahu would be permitted to advance plans from July 1, the agreement says.

The Palestinians and many countries consider settlements to be illegal under the Geneva Conventions that bar settling on land captured in war. Israel disputes this, citing security needs and biblical, historical and political connections to the land.

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

Israel holds Palestinian MP under administrative detention

Palestinian MP Mohamed Abu Teir, 21 April 2020 [AlQuds_Times/Twitter]
Palestinian MP Mohamed Abu Teir, 21 April 2020

The Israeli military court in Ofer Prison yesterday issued an administrative detention order against 68-year-old Palestinian MP Mohamed Abu Teir for four months, Safa news agency reported.

Abu Teir is from the occupied city of Jerusalem and was expelled from the holy city by the Israeli Interior Minister in 2010 to the occupied West Bank. Since then, he has been living in Ramallah.

Despite the outbreak of the coronavirus in the region, the occupation forces raided his home on 13 April, searching it and re-arresting him.

The MP was arrested only six months after he was released from Israeli jails after he spent six months under administrative detention – detention without trial or charge.

READ: Israel arrests 8 Palestinians despite coronavirus lockdown

It is worth noting that he spent more than 33 years in Israeli jails, including several years under administrative detention.

The PPS blamed the Israeli occupation for any consequences on his health as he is an old man who has medical issues.

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

Hamas: Israel’s decision to seize prisoners’ money is ‘unethical’

Mahmoud Al-Zahar, a member of the Hamas leadership in Gaza [Mohammed Asad/Middle East Monitor]
Mahmoud Al-Zahar, a member of the Hamas leadership in Gaza on 15 November 2016 

Senior Hamas leader Mahmoud Al-Zahar yesterday described the new Israeli law which stipulates seizing the money of Palestinian prisoners as “racist” and “unethical”.

In a press release, Al-Zahar said the law constitutes a “flagrant violation of human rights and the rules of international law and international humanitarian law.”

“Israel’s extortion of Palestinian prisoners in light of the outbreak of the coronavirus is a new crime which adds to the continuous Israeli violations against Palestinians,” the official said.

The Palestinian parliament, he continued, “will never leave Palestinian prisoners, who fought the Israeli occupation and defended Palestine and the Palestinians, alone.”

READ: EuroPal Forum highlights Israeli racism and medical negligence of Palestinian prisoners

He called on international rights groups and the international community to bear their responsibility towards Palestinian prisoners and urgently put pressure on Israel to stop its harassment of prisoners.

Al-Watan Voice reported yesterday that the Israeli military commander in the occupied West Bank had approved a law that stipulates seizing the salaries of Palestinian prisoners from banks.

This law, the site said, would come into effect on 9 May.

1 million Palestinians have been arrested by Israeli occupation forces since the Nakba in 1948

READ: https://goo.gl/gzv5GH

MEMO #InfographicThe White Canvas

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

Israeli Troops Abduct 6 Palestinians, Assault Family Members in West Bank

Israeli troops reportedly abducted, on Wednesday, a number of Palestinians from several occupied West Bank towns and cities.

In Ramallah city, local sources reported that an Israeli army force broke into several Palestinian-owned homes, before they abducted Abdelrahman Elwi and Mohammad Hassan, who are both students at Birzeit University.

The troops also abducted Diya Alshany, after they broke into and vandalized his father’s home in the Al-Jalazoun refugee camp, north of Ramallah city. Local witnesses said that Israeli soldiers physically assaulted two other family members during the abduction operation.

In another incident, Israeli soldiers invaded the Betunia town, west of Ramallah city and broke into and vandalized the home currently imprisoned, Ibrahim Abu Radaha, witnesses told media outlets.

Meanwhile, local media reports in the West Bank city of Hebron said that Israeli troops abducted two Palestinian youth, Rafat Masalama and Annas Alnajjar, after the army invaded the Beit Ewa and Wadi Abuktaila neighborhoods, where the two youths live.

Witnesses said that the troops broke into the family homes of the two youth, before they abducted them and took them to unknown destinations.

In the meantime, Israeli forces abducted one youth, Marzouq Hishmiya, while he was walking down the street in the old city of the internationally-recognized occupied East Jerusalem.

In other news, according to Wadi Hilweh Information Center (Silwanic) reported that the jury at the Israeli military court postponed the trial of local resident Murad Miskto, until next Sunday.

Earlier, Israeli police in East Jerusalem, imposed fines on a group of Palestinian youth, who were performing some music and singing for other residents who were released from Coronavirus quarantine at the Saint John hotel.

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

One Palestinian young man wounded by Israeli fire in Ramallah

Ramallah (QNN)- Israeli forces on Tuesday opened fire at local Palestinians in the town of Kobar in Ramallah, wounding one young man with live rounds.

The head of the local council, Izzat Badwan, said that the young man is in his thirties. Israeli soldiers shot him during violent confrontations at the Western entrance to the town and he is getting treatment at a local hospital.

He added that several Israeli military patrols, coming from the illegal settlement of Halmish, tried to storm the town before the locals confronted them. The soldiers opened fire at the locals and used tear gas and stun grenades.

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

‘Israel’ asks PSS to leave North Jerusalem

Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- The correspondent of the Israeli Kan channel reported that ‘Isreal’ asked the Palestinian Security Service (PSS) to leave north Jerusalem.

He added that the PSS had deployed in the villages of Kafr ‘Aqab, Semiramis, and Qalandya to control the spread of the novel coronavirus before being asked to leave.

The channel also reported that the PSS still works in some areas of the city, as its members work on preventing the spread of the virus.

The PSS, according to the channel, stated that the Israeli decision, preventing the PSS from working Palestinian towns, where nearly 70,000 Palestinians live, doesn’t make any sense. It added that this is not a good time to talk about areas “A, B, and C” as the priority should be for fighting coronavirus.

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

Zeven zaken die het vasten verbreken!

Vasten verbreken

De gelovige dient kennis te hebben van een aanbidding voordat hij deze uitvoert. Dit om er zeker van te zijn dat de aanbidding op de juiste manier wordt verricht en dat er niet onbewust iets wordt begaan wat de aanbidding nietig verklaart.

Zo ook met deze grote aanbidding en vierde zuil van ons geloof; het vasten van de maand Ramadan. We dienen op de hoogte te zijn van haar regelgevingen en met name wat betreft de zaken die het vasten verbreken en ongeldig maken.

In dit bericht treft u een uiteenzetting van de zaken die het vasten verbreken. Ontleend aan het Fatawaboek van de nobele geleerde Shaych al-‘Uthaimeen – moge Allah hem genadig zijn en met het beste belonen.
 
Er zijn zeven zaken die het vasten verbreken:
 
1. Het hebben van gemeenschap. Wanneer iemand overdag in Ramadan gemeenschap heeft, is hij verplicht de dag verder te vasten, deze in te halen en een boetedoening te doen. Deze houdt in het bevrijden van een slaaf; als dit niet mogelijk is dient hij twee maanden achtereenvolgend te vasten! Als dit niet mogelijk is (vanwege bijvoorbeeld zwakte of ziekte) dient hij zestig armen te voeden.
 
2. Het hebben van een zaadlozing door middel van zelfbevrediging (wat overigens niet toegestaan is) of door omhelzing, zoenen, e.d. met de echtgenote.
 
3. Het eten en drinken; dit geldt voor zowel het nuttige als het schadelijke. Onder het schadelijke valt het roken bijvoorbeeld.
 
4. Vaccinaties/injecties die het eten en drinken vervangen, de vaccinaties die dat niet doen verbreken het vasten dus niet, ongeacht of ze in de spieren of in een ader worden toegediend en ongeacht of de smaak ervan wordt geproefd in de keel.
 
5. Het vloeien van menstruatiebloed of kraambloeding (ook al is het slechts een ogenblik vóór zonsondergang, het vasten is dan ongeldig en er moet een andere dag worden ingehaald).
 
6. Het laten verwijderen van bloed middels al-Hidjaamah of een andere vorm van bloedafname waarbij veel bloed wordt verloren en het lichaam verzwakt raakt. Het bloed dat onopzettelijk ontstaat, zoals een bloedneus of dat gering is, zoals bij het trekken van een tand (en zo ook het beetje bloed dat je afstaat voor onderzoek) verbreekt het vasten niet.
 
7. Het opzettelijk overgeven. Wanneer je onopzettelijk overgeeft, is het vasten geldig.
 
De zeven bovengenoemde zaken verbreken het vasten niet wanneer zij worden begaan uit:

Vergeetachtigheid; zoals degene die eet en vergeet dat hij aan het vasten is.

Onwetendheid; zoals degene die eet en denkt dat de zon al onder is gegaan.

En ook niet als het zonder wil plaatsvindt; zoals degene die een zaadlozing heeft tijdens het slapen (of zijn mond spoelt met water en het onopzettelijk doorslikt).

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

Mr Bennett, don’t teach us lessons about humanity

‘The Israeli defence minister must know that the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip put all their hostilities with the Israeli occupation aside and provided Israel with millions of medical face masks, while it faces an increasing outbreak of the coronavirus’

By Motasem A Dalloul  

Palestinian resistance in Gaza stopped its anti-occupation activities to give time to Israel to deal with coronavirus, but Israel increased its restrictions on Gaza and prevented it from carrying out coronavirus tests.


In response to a humanitarian appeal launched by the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza to obtain $23 million in urgent aid, in addition to medicine and medical equipment including 250 respirators in order to deal with the coronavirus in the besieged enclave, Israeli Defence Minister Naftali Bennett announced that no humanitarian aid will be allowed into Gaza, until the release of Israeli soldiers, or their remains, captured by the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas.

“There is talk of the humanitarian world in Gaza – Israel also has humanitarian needs, which are mainly the recovery of the fallen,” Bennett disclosed. “I think that we need to enter a broad dialogue about Gaza’s and our humanitarian needs. It would not be right to disconnect these things… and certainly, our hearts would be open to many things,” he added.

Linking the issue of the Israeli soldiers, or remains of soldiers, to the issue of the urgent humanitarian needs for the Gaza Strip related to the fight against the coronavirus, is nothing short of deceptive. It is nothing more than an attempt by Bennett to paint a glowing image of himself and his country, and convey that they are concerned with humanity, while the Gazan rulers are portrayed as savages due to withholding two, or the remains of two, Israelis in Gaza.

The two Israeli soldiers were captured or killed while they were in their tanks bombing Palestinian homes and killing civilians in 2014, when the 51-day Israeli offensive killed more than 2,260 Palestinians, including more than 400 children and nearly the same number of women, wounding more than 11,000 others.

If two Israeli soldiers are being held by the Palestinians and the Israeli defence minister wanted them to be released on humanitarian grounds, why did not he release 5,000 Palestinian prisoners living in dire conditions in Israeli jails, including 43 women and girls, 250 boys and over 1,000 patients, with at least 250 suffering from serious conditions?

Several rights groups have warned that the Palestinian prisoners inside Israeli jails are vulnerable to contracting coronavirus, given the overcrowded prisons and bad ventilation, with a severe lack of hygiene. On Thursday, the Israeli Prison Service let out six Palestinian prisoners from Ofer Prison.

They must have contracted the coronavirus because a prisoner from the same prison had been recently released and tested positive for the virus. Rights groups have reiterated several times that Israel is imposing a media blackout regarding the news about the coronavirus among prisoners, in order not to underscore their humanitarian crimes.

Meanwhile, if the Israeli defence minister wanted the release of the Israeli soldiers captured in Gaza on humanitarian grounds, why did he not lift his country’s strict and illegal siege imposed on the Gaza Strip in 2007? Why did he not look at the number of Palestinians who died due to the lack of medical equipment, proper healthcare and medicine as a result of his country’s siege? Why did he not look at the thousands of Palestinians who are still displaced because they could not rebuild their homes which were destroyed by his army in 2014? Why did he not consider the hundreds of children, mothers and fathers who have been waiting to be reunited with their loved ones who have been imprisoned by his country?

Despite all of this, the Israeli defence minister must know that the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip put all their hostilities with the Israeli occupation aside and provided Israel with millions of medical face masks, while it faces an increasing outbreak of the coronavirus.

Hassan Shehata, owner of a sewing factory in Gaza, told AFP that the Israeli companies sent materials to him, and his factory is to make millions of medical masks for Israel. The owner of another factory in Gaza revealed that he has already signed contracts with Israeli business partners to provide one million masks and 50,000 protective suits by the end of April.

Mr Bennett, we do not want people like you, with the blood of innocent people on their hands, to teach us, the Palestinians, lessons about humanity and morals. Please, do not paint an innocent image of you and your unscrupulous country at the expense of our suffering inflicted by you and your violent state. Enough of your merchandising of humanity on the world, while you remain inhumane.

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

Israeli forces shot dead Palestinian at military checkpoint in West Bank

Israeli paramedics acknowledged that they treated an Israeli soldier and left the Palestinian man bleeding to death

Israeli occupation soldiers opened fire and killed Palestinian man at military checkpoint near southern West Bank city of Bethlehem.

Immediately after the incident, Israeli paramedics announced that they treated an Israeli soldier of his wounds at the checkpoint and left a wounded Palestinian man bleeding to death.

The Israeli occupation army claimed that the Palestinian rammed his car into the checkpoint and then got out and stabbed a soldier before he was gunned down.

While the identity of the Palestinian was not immediately known, the Palestinian Ministry of Health later confirmed his death.

(Source / 22.04.2020) 

Palestinian prisoner dies in Israeli jails

Palestinian Prisoner Society (PPS) announced on Tuesday morning death of Palestinian prisoner Nour al Barghouti inside his prison due to lack of medical care.

In a statement, the PPS said that the prisoner suddenly fell in coma inside his cell and when the other prisoners called up the Israeli prison service emergency, they arrived after more than half an hour.

The PPS said that the Israeli emergency did not respond to the prisoners calls until they had started collective screams saying: Allahu Akbar.

It is worth noting that five prisoners died inside the Israeli jails in 2019 and Al Barghouti’s death brings the total number of prisoners died inside Israeli jails to 223.

(Source / 22.04.2020)