Israeli Settlers Attack, Injure Palestinian Woman and Minor in Hebron

A Palestinian woman and a minor were injured, Wednesday, when illegal Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian homes in the city of Hebron in the southern occupied West Bank, according to local sources.

Sources told Palestinian WAFA News Agency settlers attacked homes in Wadi al-Hussein area, located near the illegal Israeli settlement of Kiryat Arba, and assaulted the woman and the youth, identified as Mohannad Jabari.

In related news, two Palestinian youths were assaulted by a group of settlers in Huwwara town, south of the northern occupied West Bank city of Nablus.

It is important to note that Palestinian teen, Mohammad Hamayel, 15, died, on Wednesday, due to his critical head wound, after being shot by Israeli forces with live ammunition, at Mount Al-‘Arma, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

UK donates $100,000 to help Palestinians tackle coronavirus outbreak

A Palestinian doctor performs a medical examination to detect Coronavirus Gaza on 10 March 2020 [Ashraf Amra/ApaImages]

A Palestinian doctor performs a medical examination to detect coronavirus in Gaza on 10 March 2020

The United Kingdom has granted Palestine $100,000 to help combat the novel coronavirus as the number of those affected by the disease continues to climb, reported Wafa news agency.

The money would go to the World Health Organisation’s operations in the occupied Palestinian territories “to accelerate its response to coronavirus in the Occupied Palestinian Territories to ensure early detection and case management of suspected Covid19 cases,” said UK Consulate General in Jerusalem.

UKinJerusalem

🇬🇧

@UKinJerusalem  

🇬🇧
🇵🇸
🦠

#UK is pleased to announce the allocation of $100K to support the @WHOoPt to accelerate its response to #coronavirus in the Occupied Palestinian Territories to ensure early detection and case management of suspected #Covid_19 cases.

Together we will overcome #CoronaVirus!

View image on Twitter

2409:54 – 11 Mar 2020Twitter Ads information and privacy

It comes as the Palestinian Health Ministry announced a state of emergency last week in the occupied West Bank cities of Bethlehem and Jericho over suspected coronavirus cases.

The number of confirmed cases had rose to 29 in Palestine on Tuesday, and all of the confirmed cases were reportedly being held in quarantine, except for one who was reportedly being held in a hospital after his health deteriorated, according to Mondoweiss.

Yesterday, the World Health Organisation labelled the outbreak a pandemic, as there are now over 118,000 cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, in 114 countries around the world.

READ: PA arrests 4 for spreading ‘fake news’ on coronavirus

Across the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza, 2,900 Palestinians were being held in self-quarantine – six of them in Jerusalem, and 605 people in Gaza after they returned from performing Umrah in Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, Palestinian and Jordanian authorities have been considering the closure of the King Hussein (Allenby) Bridge, which spans the Jordan River and connects the occupied West Bank with Jordan.

The Times of Israel reported that while the border was still open to Palestinians traveling to and from the West Bank and East Jerusalem, the Jordanian government had decided to close the border to any non-Palestinians.

Schools, universities, cafes, gyms and sports facilities are closed indefinitely with religious and sporting events suspended or postponed in Ramallah.

Coronavirus is affecting the whole world, will it unite us - Cartoon [Sabaaneh/MiddleEastMonitor]

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

Palestine advocate barred from Germany over anti-Semitism claims

Palestinian-Canadian journalist Khaled Barakat, 16 May 2018 [Twitter]

Palestinian-Canadian journalist Khaled Barakat, 16 May 2018 

Palestinian-Canadian journalist Khaled Barakat has been barred from entering Germany for four years over concerns his Palestinian advocacy is anti-Semitic.

Barakat has been denied a renewal of his residency permit, though he has not been living in the country since August 2019.

In a 24-page statement, German police said Barakat “constitutes a security risk” because “his beliefs and continuous talking about liberating Palestine from the river to the sea… working on a strategy to liberate Palestine” and “insisting that ‘Israel’ has no right to exist” is anti-Semitic.

The German authorities have added that the decision was taken because Barakat’s rhetoric influences the beliefs of Arabs within the country and the rest of Europe.

The activist and his lawyer are expected to challenge the order in an appeal.

Barakat has previously faced prosecution over his support of the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions Movement (BDS), which the German authorities have deemed is anti-Semitic.

The Palestinian advocate was also detained in June when he entered the country to participate in an Arab community event in Berlin on 22 June to discuss Palestinian liberation and its implications for other Arab communities.

READ: US’ Pence: By supporting Palestinian rights, Sanders is siding with Israel’s enemies

Barakat was intending to speak on US President Trump’s “deal of the century” and the plan’s implications for Arab and Palestinian populations.

Barakat told the Electronic Intifada in July that he and his wife were “approached by a group of police and one officer spoke to me. He said: ‘You have an event here tonight and you are the speaker… you cannot speak.”

Six weeks after his detention, Barakat received a notice of deportation from Germany and was barred from engaging in political activities and events in Germany until 31 July, whether directly or over video.

The activist was reportedly told that violations of these restrictions were punishable by up to a year in prison.

Under German law, non-citizens can be barred from political activity if their words are considered harmful to the “security and stability” of the country.

In recent years, German music festivals have banned or cancelled international artists who refuse to denounce the BDS campaign.

While, the director of the Jewish Museum Berlin was forced to resign in June 2019 after the organisation tweeted an article about a petition opposing the German parliament’s condemnation of the BDS movement, signed by 240 Israeli and Jewish scholars.

READ: Jewish ‘hero’ in US Hanukkah attack refused $20,000 reward over Zionism

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

PA: Israel’s racism is the main obstacle to peace

Racial slurs on the wall of a mosque sprayed by Jewish settlers in Jerusalem on 24 January 2020 [Mostafa Alkharouf/Anadolu Agency]

Racial slurs on the wall of a mosque sprayed by Jewish settlers in Jerusalem on 24 January 2020

The Palestinian Authority condemned on Wednesday the culture of hate and racism within Israel, mainly among the right-wing parties, Al Sabeel newspaper has reported. Such racism in Israel, said the PA, is the “main obstacle” to peace.

“Racism and hate,” said the Foreign Ministry in Ramallah, “are reflected daily in the stances and remarks of right-wing officials in Israel and the practices of the Jewish settlers against the Palestinians.” The PA believes that this is a “real danger” and “threat” to stability and security in the region and, indeed, the world.

“It is a systematic attempt to undermine peace opportunities and human rights. When will the international community intervene in order to stop the dangerous Israeli hate and racism? Is not it seeing the settlers’ attacks on the Palestinians and their homes and lands?”

The PA also condemned the remarks of Israeli Foreign Minister Yisrael Katz, who described Palestinian members of the Knesset (parliament) as “terrorists in suits”, as well as the stated position of Orly Levy-Abekasis MK, who is adamant that she will not sit in a government that is supported by Palestinian MKs.

Israel minister: Arab MKs ‘terrorists wearing suits’

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

Israeli Colonists Attack Palestinian Homes Near Nablus

Several illegal Israeli colonists attacked, on Thursday at dawn, a few Palestinian homes in Einabus village, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus, causing damage.

Ghassan Daghlas, a Palestinian Authority official who monitors Israel’s illegal colonialist activities in northern West Bank, said the Israeli assailants infiltrated into the village and started hurling stones at two homes, owned by Awwad Amin Hamad and Shokri Shaqqour, causing damage to several windows.

Daghlas added that the colonists also attacked a car, owned by Hani Nabli, causing damage to its windows, and hurled stones at a few surrounding homes.

In addition, the colonists invaded the eastern area of Burin town, south of Nablus, and partially damaged an under-construction Palestinian home, owned by Montaser Mansour.

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

Soldiers Demolish A Palestinian Home In Bethlehem

Israeli soldiers demolished, Thursday, a Palestinian home in al-Ferdis village, in the Eastern Bedouin area, east of Bethlehem, south of occupied Jerusalem in the West Bank.

Hasan Breijiyya, the head of the Colonization & Wall Resistance Commission in Bethlehem, said the soldiers invaded the village, and demolished a one-story, 130 square/meter home, owned by Hazem Hashem Abu Mheimeed.

The army claimed that the home was not licensed by the so-called Civil Administration office, the administrative branch of Israel’s illegal military occupation of the West Bank.

Breijiyya added that the soldiers also invaded and ransacked another home of the village, before withdrawing.

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

PPS: “Israeli Soldiers Abduct Fifteen Palestinians In West Bank”

The Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) has reported that Israeli soldiers abducted, on Thursday at dawn, fifteen Palestinians in several parts of the occupied West Bank, after the army invaded and violently searched many homes.

The PPS stated that the soldiers invaded Sa’ir town, northeast of the southern West Bank city of Hebron, and abducted five Palestinians, identified as Samer Issa Froukh, Bara’ Mohammad Froukh, Fadel ‘Adel Froukh, Mohammad ‘Adel Froukh, and Ziad Abdul-Aziz Jabarin.

It added that the soldiers also invaded the al-Am’ari refugee camp, east of the central West Bank city of Ramallah, before abducting Mohammad Shamali and Diab Mohammad Barrash.

In Tubas, in northeastern West Bank, the soldiers abducted Qussai Majdi Abdul-Razeq, 22.

In occupied Jerusalem, the soldiers abducted Rawhi al-Kolghasi, Mustafa Hashlamoun, and ‘Abada Najeeb.

In Bethlehem, south of occupied Jerusalem, the soldiers abducted Abdul-Rahim Abu Mahameed.

In Jenin, also in northern West Bank, several army jeeps invaded the al-Basateen neighborhood and conducted extensive searches.

In Nablus, in northern West Bank, the soldiers abducted Wa’ad Ghazi al-Mokhtar and Salah Wa’el Khammous, from their homes in Huwwara town, south of the city.

It is worth mentioning that, two days ago, the two Palestinians were assaulted and injured by several fanatic Israeli colonialist settlers.

Another Palestinian, identified as Zeid Seitan Sawafta, 20, from his home in Nablus.

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

Defying Coronavirus Closure, Soldiers Allow Dozens Of Colonists Into Sebastia Archaeological Site

Israeli soldiers accompanied, Thursday, dozens of illegal Israeli colonialist settlers into the archaeological site in Sebastia Palestinian town, northwest of the northern West Bank city of Nablus, defying a closure by Palestinian Ministry of Tourism and Nablus governor in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus disease.

Mohammad Azem, the mayor of Sebastia, said the invasion comes in defiance of the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) to avoid large gatherings, in addition to a decision by the Palestinian governor, and the Tourism Ministry to close the site as a precaution, due to the current Coronavirus outbreak.

He added that the soldiers closed many roads around the site, before invading it along with the illegal colonists.

Azem stated that the Palestinian Authority has been taking various serious measures across the occupied West Bank, to contain and prevent the spread of the disease.

The army frequently invades the site to accompany dozens, and in some cases hundreds, of colonists into the area, after closing it and forcing the Palestinians away.

The number of confirmed “Covid-19” cases in Israel currently stands at 100, while 31 confirmed cases have been recorded in the West Bank.

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

Palestinians Stop Israeli Attempt to Seize Their Land in Jerusalem

Palestinian landowners in the Silwan neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem, Thursday, blocked an intrusion attempt by a team from the Israeli Nature Preservation Authority, according to one of the land owners, Saeed Abbasi.

Abbasi told Palestinian WAFA News Agency that members of the so-called Israeli nature authority stormed his 4-dunam plot of land in Silwan, which is planted with olive trees, in an attempt to seize the land, under the pretext of performing excavations in the area.

He stated that the Israeli occupation seeks to seize the entire 60-dunam area of Silwan, known as Wadi al-Rababa, to turn it into a public park.

Landowners in the Wadi al-Rababa area, are currently waging a legal battle to stop the Israeli municipality of West Jerusalem and nature authority from taking over their land.

Video reposted from WAFA News Agency

(Source / 12.03.2020) 

The Israeli Authorities Halt Construction Work Against The Palestinians In Occupied Jerusalem

Photos File

Palestinian landowners in the occupied Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan today stopped an intrusion on their lands by a team from the Israeli Nature Preservation Authority, according to Saeed Abbasi, one of the land owners.

He told that members of the Israeli nature authority broke into his 4-dunum plot in Silwan, which is planted with olive trees, in an attempt to seize the land under the pretext of doing excavations and other activities in the area.

He said Israel wants to take over the entire 60-dunum area of Silwan, known as Wadi al-Rababa, and turn it into a public park in addition for other reasons.

(Source / 12.03.2020)