Hunger Striking Detainee Faces Serious Health Conditions

08 SEP 2:44 AM

The Palestinian Prisoners Center for Studies has warned that a hunger striking detainee, held by Israel, is facing very serious health condition in the Ramla Hospital, after 56 days of the hunger strike.

The center stated that the detainee, Ahmad Abdul-Karim Ghannam, 42, from Doura town near the southern West Bank city of Hebron, is held under arbitrary Administrative Detention orders, without charges or trial, including an order which was recently issued, holding him captive for two and a half months.

It added that the detainee was previously treated for Leukemia and serious disorders with his immune system, and that there are immediate concerns those conditions could reemerge.

His brother, Nasser Ghannam, said that the army moved his brother to a hospital after 31 consecutive days of the hunger strike, and added that he was scheduled to undergo a marrow transplant surgery before he was taken prisoner.

He stated that Ahmad was first abducted by the soldiers two years ago, and remained held under repeatedly renewed Administrative Detention orders, and was briefly released before the soldiers abducted him again on June 28th 2019, and was slapped with a four-month Administrative Detention order just two weeks after he was taken prisoner.

The Palestinian Prisoners Center for Studies said that Ghannam cannot walk or even stand, in addition to suffering from Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels), migraine, abdominal pain, repeated nasal bleeding, and cannot move his left arm, in addition to losing at least 20 kilograms (44 pounds) of his body weight.

After he started his current strike, the Israeli Prison Authority decided to take away 40 days of his detention, and he was supposed to be release on September 6th, however, and despite his medical condition, he was slapped with another Administrative Detention order.

It is worth mentioning that Ghannam is a former political prisoner, who was repeatedly abducted by the army, and spent a total of nine years in prison.

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

Israeli Soldiers Confiscate 100 Dunams Of Palestinian Lands Near Nablus And Ramallah

08 SEP 1:23 PM

Israeli soldiers confiscated, Sunday, approximately 100 Dunams (24.7 Acres) of privately-owned Palestinian lands from villages south of Nablus, in northern West Bank, and northeast of Ramallah, in central West Bank.

Ghassan Daghlas, a Palestinian official who monitors Israel’s illegal colonialist activities in northern West Bank, said the soldiers handed the confiscation orders to residents of Qaryout and Jaloud villages, near the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

He added that similar orders were handed to residents of Turmus Ayya village, north of the central West Bank city of Ramallah.

The confiscation of the lands is part of Israeli plans to expand Shilu illegal colony, which was built on private Palestinian lands.

The confiscated lands are in the following areas:

  1. Ras al-‘Ein and Ras Moweis, Basin #1 of the southern area of Qaryout village, southeast of Nablus.
  2. Basin #12 of Jaloud village, south of Nablus.
  3. Basin #10 and Basin #3 of Turmus Ayya village, northeast of Ramallah.

Daghlas stated that Israeli Prime Minster Benjamin Netanyahu is escalating the confiscation of Palestinian lands and the attempts to build and expand the illegal colonies as part of his efforts to appease the colonists ahead of the upcoming general election on September 17th.

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

Palestinian Killed In An Accidental Explosion In Central Gaza

08 SEP 11:44 AM

The Palestinian Health Ministry in the Gaza Strip has reported that one fighter was killed, Sunday, in what was described as an accidental explosion in Central Gaza.

It stated that the Palestinian has been identified as Mo’in Suleiman al-‘Attar, 42, was killed in the explosion in Deir al-Balah, in central Gaza.

The Palestinian, from Deir al-Balah in central Gaza, was first seriously wounded, before he was rushed to the al-Aqsa Hospital where he succumbed to his serious injuries.

The al-Quds Brigades, the armed wing of the Islamic Jihad, said the fighter was one of its members.

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

Illegal Israeli Colonists Attack Palestinian Cars And Homes Near Nablus

08 SEP 9:42 AM

Many fanatic illegal Israeli colonialist settlers attacked, on Sunday at dawn, Palestinian homes and cars in Aseera al-Qibliyya village, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus, causing property damage.

Hafeth Saleh, the mayor of Aseera al-Qibliyya village, said the attack was carried out by at least twenty assailants, who came from the nearby illegal Yitzhar colony, which was built on Palestinian lands near the village.

He added that the Israeli assailants targeted many homes and cars in the eastern area of the village, causing damage to a few homes and three cars, in addition to puncturing car tires.

Owners of some of the attacked homes and cars have been identified as Abdul-Basset Mohammad Abdul-Rahman, Rafiq Abdul-Basset Ahmad and Abdul-Wahab Abdul-Rahman Ahmad.

Saleh also stated that the attacks were carried out approximately at five in the early morning, and added that some of the assailants were masked, and others were armed.

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

THE OCCUPATION STATE CONFISCATES 100 DONUMS OF WEST BANK LANDS

Occupied West Bank (QNN)- Israeli occupation forces confiscated Sunday nearly 100 Donums of Palestinian lands in southern Nablus and Ramallah.

Through land theft, Israeli authorities aims at increasing construction in Shiloh illegal settlement to expand it.

Ghassan Daghlas, a PA official who monitors settlement activities in the northern West Bank, said that Israeli forces delivered confiscation orders to the locals of Turmus Ayya in northern Ramallah, aiming at expanding Shiloh illegal settlement.

The occupation state has been following an arbitrary policy, which aims at forcing Palestinians to leave their lands and homes so that it becomes easier for illegal settlers to steal them.

In the same context, Israeli illegal settlers attacked Sunday locals at Asira al-Qibliya village in southern Nablus, destroyed their vehicles and punctured their tires before running away when locals fought back.

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

PALESTINIAN PRISONER DIES AT THE ISRAELI JAILS DUE TO MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE

Ramallah (QNN) – The Israeli Prison Service has announced today the death of the Palestinian prisoner Bassam al-Sayeh at the Israeli hospital of “Assaf Harofeh”.

Al-Sayeh has long suffered from bone cancer, leukemia, chronic myocardial insufficiency, chronic lung inflammation, and other health problems.

Al-Sayeh was arrested on October 8, 2015 when he was going to attend one of his wife’s trial sessions at the Israeli court.

He was accused of “involving in the killing of an Israeli officer and his wife”, near the village of Beit Furik, east of Nablus, in the northern occupied West Bank, days before his arrest.

Almost 700 Palestinian prisoners are suffering from extremely deteriorated health conditions, nearly 160 of whom need excessive health care.

The Israeli Prison Service closed the medical files of several patient prisoners under the pretext that there’s no medicine for them.

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

ISRAELI AD ON ARABIC RADIO STATION THREATENING TO KICK PALESTINIAN MKS OUT OF ‘ISRAEL’

Occupied Palestine (QNN)- Israeli far right party, Otzma Yehudit, threatened Sunday Palestinian Joint List MKs that they would be thrown out of the occupation state and not be allowed back in the Israeli Knesset, in a campaign ad played on Israeli Kan’s Arabic radio station, Makan.

“Ayman Odeh, Ahmad Tibi, Heba Yazbak and everyone who thinks this is Palestine,” the advertisement states in Arabic, “this is the State of Israel: the state of the Jewish People.”

The ad threatened that MKs “who think it’s Palestine here, support the murder of Jews” and “are in favor of murdering soldiers” cannot be in ‘Israel’.

“Over all these years, the High Court gave you approval, but Otzma Yehudit promises: This is your last term in the Knesset,” the ad said.

The ad contained a recording of Ahmad Tibi remembering Palestinian martyrs, who were killed by the Israelis and whom “the occupier wants to call terrorists, while we say there is nothing greater than those who died for the homeland.”

The Otzma campaign spokesman told Israeli media that the ad’s message is that “whoever recognizes Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish People and is loyal to it is welcome. Whoever thinks Israel is Palestine does not belong here.”

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

Saudi Arabia forcibly hides dozens of Palestinians, rights group says

Saudi authorities arrested some Palestinians during the Haj

The Euro-Med Observer for Human Rights has urged Saudi Arabia to immediately disclose fate of dozens of Palestinians who have been subjected to enforced disappearance.

In a statement, the Geneva-based rights group called for the Kingdom to release the Palestinians or they are immediately charged with an offense.

The Euro-Med said it could not give an exact number for the Palestinian detainees in Saudi prisons, but it had obtained the names of about 60 people, while estimates within the Palestinian community in Saudi Arabia put the number far higher.

Testimonies

According to the rights group, testimonies of 11 Palestinian families, whose children have been arrested or forcibly disappeared in recent months during their stay or visit to Saudi Arabia, were documented.

It explained that they were isolated from the outside world without specific indictments or presented to the competent authority, and were not allowed to contact their relatives or communicate with their lawyers.

“The campaign of arrests targeting the Palestinians is a link in a long series of violations that add to the kingdom’s horrific human rights record,” said Celine Information and Communication Officer at the Euro-Med.

A detainee with Algerian nationality – recently released – revealed to the organisation some of the practices, violations and methods of torture suffered by detainees – especially Palestinians.

The former detainee, who left Saudi Arabia last week, said that “the jailers deprives detainees from sleeping or obtaining any medical treatment, although some of them are elderly and need special care.”

He added that the food inside the prison was degrading and sometimes in bags, and that the jailers kept the detainees handcuffed even inside the prison cells.

Lost engineer

The rights group pointed out that the family of a Palestinian engineer lost contact with its son early last month, while reviewing the Passports Department in the Saudi capital of Riyadh.

According to the family’s statement, the family and friends, who work for a Saudi company, were prevented from asking about his fate or place of detention.

“What hurts me most is that I don’t know anything about my husband; is he alive? Dead? or being tortured?” his wife said. “This has aggravated the pain of my children as well as his parents, brothers and sisters.”

No contacts or information

Another Palestinian family who lost contact with her son spoke in July and has since known nothing about him, despite repeated appeals to the authorities to disclose his fate or whereabouts.

According to the family, her son is a former prisoner in Israeli prisons, forcibly deported to Jordan, where he completed his university education and married there, and then moved to work in a company in Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi authorities arrested a 60-year-old Palestinian businessman, who has been living in Jeddah for decades, in July.

The Euro-Med quoted one of his sons saying that the authorities confiscated his money and threatened family members, and prevented them from leaving Saudi Arabia for fear of exposing the arrest of their father.

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

Israel Warplanes Bomb Different Areas In Gaza Strip

Israeli warplanes attacked this night several targets throughout the Gaza Strip causing damage but no injuries, according to DOP correspondent.

He said the targets included open areas east of Gaza City as well as Resistance posts in the central Gaza Strip.

The Ministry of Health reported that no injuries of the attacks.

Missiles fired by the warplanes caused big holes in the ground and damage to areas.

Israel claims the attack came after a Palestinian drone attacked an Israeli jeep on Gaza borders.

(Source / 08.09.2019) 

Israeli Police Arrest Young Man, Assaults Others In Issawiya

Several Palestinian young men on Saturday evening suffered injuries after Israeli police forces stormed Issawiya district in Occupied Jerusalem and violently attacked local residents.

According to local sources, the  police assaults took place in the vicinity of al-Arba’ein Mosque in Issawiya.

The Red Crescent said its ambulance crews evacuated a young man to a hospital after he suffered a moderate head injury caused by a stun grenade.

Eyewitnesses reported that many young men suffered bruises all over their bodies after police forces physically assaulted them near al-Arba’ein Mosque.

Meanwhile, the police forces rounded up one young man identified as Muhanad Abu Asab during the events in Issawiya and set up a makeshift checkpoint in the central area of Issawiya.

The events broke out in the area after a young man threw a Molotov cocktail at police officers there, causing burns to one of them.

(Source / 08.09.2019)