Israeli forces attacked Palestinian worshippers in Jerusalem’s flashpoint Al-Aqsa mosque complex on Sunday 11 August 2019
Israeli forces attacked Palestinian worshippers in Jerusalem’s flashpoint Al-Aqsa mosque complex on Sunday, injuring at least 65, according to a Palestinian official, Anadolu Agency reports.
“A number of Palestinians were injured during clashes with Israeli forces inside the Al-Aqsa mosque compound,” said Firas al-Dibs, a spokesman for Jerusalem’s Jordan-run Religious Endowments Authority.
“The Palestinians were injured while they were preventing Jewish settlers from storming the holy mosque,” he added.
Palestinian Red Crescent, meanwhile, said that 37 Palestinian were injured after Israeli forces attacked the worshippers with rubber bullets, teargas and truncheons.
“The worshippers were moderately injured and 14 of them were transferred to hospitals for further treatment,” it added.
Earlier on Sunday, Israeli police prevented settlers from storming the Al-Aqsa Mosque, Israeli media reported.
The police cited the presence of tens of thousands of Palestinian worshippers and the high possibility of clashes.
The Islamic Waqfs in Jerusalem decided to delay Eid prayers to 7.30 am instead of 6.30 am, to address settlers’ call to storm the Al-Aqsa in the so-called “memory of the destruction of the Temple.”
Extremist Jewish organisations, known widely as Temple Mount groups, had called for massive raids on the Al-Aqsa during this week.
Israel occupied East Jerusalem during the 1967 Middle East war.
In a move never recognised by the international community, Israel annexed the entire city in 1980, claiming it as the self-proclaimed Jewish state’s “eternal and undivided” capital.
Sacred to Muslims, Christians and Jews, Jerusalem is home to the Al-Aqsa Mosque, which for Muslims represents the world’s third holiest site. Jews refer to the area as the “Temple Mount,” claiming it was the site of two prominent Jewish temples in ancient times. It also includes Church of the Holy Sepulchre, one of the most sacred Christian sites in the world.
AL-QUDS, PALESTINOW.COM — Islamic organizations and bodies in Occupied Jerusalem on Friday announced that all the mosques in the city will be closed during Eid al-Adha except al-Aqsa Mosque.
The Palestinian organizations said in a statement that they will close all mosques across Jerusalem, only allowing Eid prayers to take place at al-Aqsa in a bid to protect the site against planned settler raids.
The statement stressed that the step comes in response to an announcement by the Israeli police that they would conduct an “assessment” of the situation at al-Aqsa in the early hours of Eid al-Adha to decide whether to allow Israeli settlers to enter the mosque.
The statement called on the Palestinians to intensify their presence in al-Aqsa Mosque on the first day of Eid to protect the holy site.
Several extremist settler groups, especially the Temple Mount organization, have called on the Israeli government to allow settler tours inside al-Aqsa Mosque during Eid al-Adha and to prevent the entry of Muslim worshipers during that time.
Netanyahu believes that only Israeli settlers are entitled to build, plant and live in the land of Palestine, whether the parts occupied in 1948 or the parts occupied in 1967, so that, they deserve to live over the heads and bodies of Palestinians
By Motasem A Dalloul
Netanyahu claims that the Palestinians destroy and Israel builds; the Palestinians uproot and Israel plants. The writer here proves the opposite while is the reality on the ground.
During his visit to the site where Israeli settler Dvir Sorek was earlier this week found dead, near the illegal Israeli settlement of Migdal Oz in Gush Etzion, south of Jerusalem, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Israel’s response to the alleged murder will be to build what the “terrorists” destroy and plant what they uproot.
“These vicious terrorists, they come to uproot – we come to plant. They come to destroy – we come to build,” Netanyahu said. “Our hands will reach out and we will deepen our roots in our homeland, in all parts of it.”
Without hesitation, Netanyahu assumed that the Israeli settler was murdered by Palestinians, calling them “vicious terrorists” who come to “uproot” and “destroy”. Is Netanyahu right when he referred to Palestinians as “vicious terrorists” who come to destroy and uproot, while the Israeli occupation has come to build and plant?
Before visiting the site of Sorek’s death, Netanyahu took part in a ceremony to lay a cornerstone for a new project to build 650 settlement units in the Israeli settlement of Beit El, in the occupied West Bank. He vowed to “secure our sovereignty over our historic homeland.”
He also said during the ceremony: “We promised to build hundreds of housing units – today we are doing it, both because we promised and because our mission is to establish the nation of Israel in our country, to secure our sovereignty over our historic homeland.”
Netanyahu is building and is promising to build more and more settlement units in the occupied Palestinian territories. Beyond this, he is promising to annex these territories. Yes, he is building and establishing a nation, but on the ruins of unlimited number of Palestinian homes, mosques, cemeteries and the dreams of the Palestinians – owners of the territories who have been there for thousands of years.
If we go back several decades, we will see that Netanyahu’s predecessors have built their state on the ruins of hundreds of Palestinian cities and village, as well as on the skulls and bones of hundreds of Palestinians who were massacred by Zionist paramilitary groups in 1948, which later became the core of the Israeli army.
Menachem Begin, who at that time headed one of these paramilitary organisations, the Irgun, later became Israeli prime minister and miraculously became a dove of peace by signing a peace treaty with Egypt.
In the past 15 years – during most of which Netanyahu was prime minister – the Israeli occupation has destroyed thousands of Palestinian homes in the occupied Palestinian territories and homes of Palestinian citizens of Israel. It has also destroyed scores of homes during major offensives in the Gaza Strip, as well as complete villages and residential quarters such as Khan Al-Ahmar, Al-Araqeeb and Wadi Al-Hummus.
According to the Israeli human rights group B’Tselem, “from 2006 until 31 July 2019, Israel demolished at least 1,449 Palestinian residential units in the West Bank, causing 6,336 people – including at least 3,189 minors – to lose their homes.” This number did not include East Jerusalem, where over 80 homes have been recently demolished and more than 500 Palestinians made homeless.
In addition, the same Israeli right group said that Israel demolished the homes of at least 1,048 Palestinians living in “unrecognised” villages in Israel between 2006 and 2019. However, these villages were established before the creation of Israel.
B’Tselem also said that the Israeli authorities in the occupied West Bank demolished 733 non-residential structures such as fences, cisterns, roads, storerooms, farming buildings, businesses and public buildings during the same period.
Regarding uprooting and planting, Israel has uprooted over a million Palestinians trees since 1967. According to a report by B’Tselem, Israeli settlers’ vandalism, “fully backed” by the Israeli authorities, led to the uprooting of thousands of trees. “In just over two months, from the beginning of May to 7 July 2018, B’Tselem documented ten instances in which settlers destroyed a total of more than 2,000 trees and grapevines and burned down a barley field and bales of hay.”
B’Tselem argued that under the guise of a “temporary military occupation,” Israel has been “using the land as its own: robbing land, exploiting the area’s natural resources for its own benefit and establishing permanent settlements,” estimating that Israel had dispossessed Palestinians of some 200,000 hectares (494,211 acres) of land in the occupied Palestinian territories over the years.
In light of these facts and figures, Netanyahu is requested to clarify how he builds and plants when Palestinian “terrorists” destroy and uproot. Everything which is being built and planted by Netanyahu is based on racism and racial discrimination.
Netanyahu believes that only Israeli settlers are entitled to build, plant and live in the land of Palestine, whether the parts occupied in 1948 or the parts occupied in 1967. Demolishing homes and uprooting farms belonging to the Palestinians is therefore simply part of the process of building the state of Israel.
Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- Dozens of Muslim worshipers have been reportedly wounded Sunday with rubber-coated metal bullets and tear and stun grenades during Israeli repression of Eid prayer at Al Aqsa mosque.
The Palestinian Red Crescent stated that 14 wounded worshipers were evacuated to Jerusalem hospitals. Most injured worshipers suffer from broken bones and cuts due to the severe beating by Israeli forces. Other cases of wounds by rubber-coated metal bullets and shrapnel of stun grenades in addition to suffocation cases have been also reported.
Israeli forces showered thousands of worshipers with tear and stun grenades during repression at the first day of Eid. The worshipers were at the holy mosque to perform Eid prayer and celebrate the most important holiday in Islam.
Israeli forces closed the Qibali prayer room, which is the major prayer room at the holy mosque, and trapped worshipers inside it. Israeli forces also arrested a worshipers.
100,000 worshipers flocked to the holy mosque in early morning and stayed even after completing Eid prayer to confront settlers calls to break into the holy mosque.
Two days ago, Palestine grand Mufti has declared that Eid prayer will be delayed for one hour after threats by Israelis to break into the holy mosque.
PA President Mahmoud Abbas inspects Jalazone camp on Saturday, August 10, 2019
Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas said Saturday that outsiders will be deported from the Palestinian land to the “dustbin of history” because this land is for the Canaanites.
“We are the Canaanites,” he stressed.
Addressing the crown in Jalazone refugee camp in Ramallah, Abbas said the Palestinians will remain “steadfast, patient and resilient.”
“We will remain in our homeland, and the outsiders on this land has no right in this country. The land is for its inhabitants, this land is for the Canaanites who were here 5,000 years ago, and we are the Canaanites.”
Abbas’s rhetoric was sharp compared to his usual diplomatic speeches. He congratulated the masses on Eid al-Adha, hoping victory to be achieved by next year.
He praised the Palestinian people’s honorable stance and patience, especially as they haven’t received their full salaries for a quiet period of time now.
Abbas was referring to the deduction of half the salaries of civil servants for nearly six months now after Israel deducted money from Palestinian tax revenues as punishment for the PA for continuing to pay the martyrs and wounded.
The PA refused to receive deducted money and rejected any compromises.
“We won’t accept that our martyrs be labeled as terrorists,” Abbas noted, adding that they are martyrs of the homeland and ‘we will not accept the deduction of a penny from their money.”
He reiterated the Palestinian political position rejecting the US “Deal of the Century,” affirming that no meetings are accepted or attended without the Palestinians’ consent.
Abbass added that Jerusalem will remain Palestine’s capital, stressing that all Palestinians and Islamic and Christian Arab nation will visit this capital one day.
He urged Palestinians in Gaza Strip to end the division that only serves the enemy, adding that Hamas and its leaderships are working for the enemy, not for Palestine.
Palestinian unity should include Gaza, Jerusalem and the West Bank for the State of Palestine to have East Jerusalem as its eternal capital, Abbas further noted.
Abbas has earlier arrived in Jalazone camp and was briefed with the refugees’ conditions and needs. He visited the camp’s institutions and met its residents.
The Israeli occupation police on Sunday morning was forced to prevent groups of Jewish settlers from entering the Aqsa Mosque through al-Maghariba Gate after dozens of thousands of Palestinian worshipers flocked to the Islamic holy site and performed the Eid prayers inside and outside it.
Hundreds of Jerusalemites also rallied outside the Mosque and chanted slogans against Jewish settlers, who had already announced intents to desecrate the Mosque during the first day of Eid al-Adha.
A few days ago, extremist Jewish groups had incited their followers and supporters to force their way into the Aqsa Mosque on Sunday, the first day of Eid al-Adha, to mark the anniversary of what they called the destruction of the temple mount.
In response to such incitement, the Higher Islamic Commission in Occupied Jerusalem, the Council for Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, and the Council of Fatwa called on all Mosques around the Old City of Jerusalem to close on Eid al-Adha in order to allow more people to join Eid Al-Adha prayers at the Aqsa Mosque compound as a means “to protect the Mosque” against settlers’ intended break-ins.
According to an unconfirmed claim in social media made by an alleged relative of one of the four men killed by Israel’s occupation forces early on Saturday August 10th in the besieged Gaza Strip, the names of the killed would be:
– Rashad al-Bodeini. – Abdullah Ashraf al-Ghamri. – Abdullah Ismael Hamayda. – Ahmad Ayman Tarabin.
Yet a Twitter post with a photograph of three of the men gives the identities as, giving different names for two of them:
– Ahmed al-Adaini. – Abdullah al-Ghamri. – Abdullah al-Hamaydeh. – Abdullah al-Masri.
All men would be from Wadi al-Salqa in Deir al-Balah according to this same source. Yet another Twitter post gives al-Ghamri’s age as 18. They are described as “best friends” in a few of these Twitter posts.
Israeli occupation has released photograph of a body of one of the men; his face can’t be seen and compared to the alleged photographs of the three of the men posted to social media. A second, blurry photograph showing part of a body makes any attempt to connect it to the photographs of the young men even less likely.
Israeli occupation has also published photographs of what it claims are recovered equipment and weapons carried by the men taken when its occupation forces crossed to besieged Gaza Strip to take their bodies. Although the men are claimed to have been involved in an extended firefight, what seem to be bazookas have not been used and the equipment overall seems to have suffered no apparent damage.
The incident in which they were killed began after 03:00 a.m. and had ended by 04:45 p.m. During it Israeli occupation bombed two observation posts by Hamas’ al-Qassam Brigades nearby beyond killing the men, who so far have not been reported to have had any known affiliation to resistance groups or political movements.