CHILD DIES ELEVEN DAYS AFTER ISRAELI OCCUPATION ANNOUNCED HIS DEATH IN CAPTIVITY

On April 4th Israeli occupation claimed that its occupation forces’ soldiers had shot two youths and arrested them along with a third on the preceding evening after they had crossed the border fence from the besieged Gaza Strip. Israeli occupation also alleged that one of three youths had consecutively died of his wounds in a hospital in the city of Beersheba in ethnically cleansed Palestine 1948.

Two of the youths were released back to the tiny littoral enclave on April 5th, but the identity of the youth Israel said it’s troops had killed was not revealed by either Israeli or Palestinian authorities. The two youths released were both shown to be underage.

Then, on April 15th Israeli occupation announced the death of 16-year-old Ishaq Abdul Muti Suwailm Eshteiwi – and revealed that he was the youth Israel had already once reported to have died on April 4th. (In some reports the original Israeli occupation claim has led to the mistaken claim that there would be two dead victims, Eshteiwi and unknown second one reported on April 4th.)

The teenager had lived week-and-a-half after his death had been announced by Israel’s regime. This has raised some suspicions of what actually happened to him – and a likely futile hope that some of the dozen people whose bodies Israel claims to be hoarding after killing them on the Gaza border during the Great Return March, could in fact be alive as their relatives have not been given more than the Israeli regime’s word as evidence that they are dead.

(Source / 21.04.2019) 

Hamas denies forming new government in Gaza

Hamas's leader in the Gaza Strip Yahya Al-Sinwar meets with leaders of Palestinian factions, in Gaza city on 18 October 2017 [Atia Darwish/Apaimages]

Hamas’s leader in the Gaza Strip Yahya Al-Sinwar meets with leaders of Palestinian factions, in Gaza city on 18 October 2017 

Hamas has denied that it had formed a new government or administrative committee in the Gaza Strip, in response to Fatah’s formation of a new government in Ramallah.

In a statement, Hamas’ chief in Gaza Yahya Al-Sinwar said: “Commenting on the false news reported by different mass media, we stress that there has been no new government or administrative committee.”

However, the statement confirmed some rotation among the officials in Gaza’s ministries, noting that this happened for the sake of facilitating government services offered to Palestinian citizens.

Palestinian media reported that Hamas had formed a new administrative committee in response to the formation of a new government in the occupied West Bank, which is dominated by Fatah members.

READ: Fatah to Hamas, last chance for reconciliation

(Source / 21.04.2019) 

Israeli Colonist Runs Over A Palestinian Child Near Bethlehem

21 APR1:15 AM

A speeding illegal Israeli colonist rammed with his car, on Saturday evening, a Palestinian child in the al-Ferdees Mountain area, east of Bethlehem, in the occupied West Bank.

Media sources said the child, only five years of age, suffered various cuts and bruises, and that his wounds were described as moderate-but-stable.

They added that an Israeli ambulance was called to the scene and provided the needed medical attention to the wounded child, but did not move him to an Israeli hospital.

A Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance was then called to the scene and rushed the child to a hospital in Bethlehem.

(Source / 21.04.2019) 

Israel Denies All Gaza Christians Travel Permits to Jerusalem for Easter

21 APR8:41 PM

For the first time, Israeli authorities decided this year to deny all travel permits to Palestinian Christians from Gaza to celebrate Easter as they do each year, by processing from Bethlehem to Jerusalem to follow the path of Jesus in the Resurrection.

The number of permits issued by the occupying Israeli military authorities have diminished each year, and have included blanket bans on anyone under age 55 – but this is the first year that the Israeli military decided to allow zero Palestinian Christians from Gaza to travel to Jerusalem for Easter.

There are around 1,100 Palestinian Christians in Gaza, many of whom are descended from the earliest Christians in Palestine (where Christianity originated).

While some practice the Latin faith and mark Easter on the 21st of April this year, many others are Eastern Orthodox, and celebrate Easter on the 28th. Their traditional ceremonies involve a commemoration of Palm Sunday in Bethlehem, then a procession from the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, where Christians believe Jesus was resurrected after death.

According to the Israeli human rights organization Gisha, “The Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) published the quotas set by Israel for holiday permits to be granted to for Christian Palestinians living under Israel’s control. The quota allocated by COGAT for holiday permits for Gaza residents this Easter is limited to only 200 people over the age of 55, and only for travel abroad; the quotas for West Bank residents are limited to 400 permits for travel abroad, and visits in Israel. This means that Palestinian families separated between Gaza, Israel and the West Bank will not be able to mark the Easter holiday together. It also means that all Christians in Gaza are being denied access to family and to the holy sites in Jerusalem and the West Bank.

“This is the first time that we know of that Israel is outright denying access of Gaza Christians to the West Bank and Israel (on Christmas or Easter). It is also a far smaller quota than previous holidays, when COGAT set quotas of at least 500 permits, or more. Such a sweeping restriction cannot be justified by security needs.

“Israel’s decision to outright deny movement between Gaza and the West Bank this Easter constitutes a further violation of Palestinians’ fundamental rights to freedom of movement, religious freedom, and family life. The increased restriction on the movement of Palestinian Christians points to further implementation of Israel’s ‘separation policy’: a policy restricting movement between Gaza and the West Bank which deepens the split between the two parts of the occupied Palestinian territory.

“Israel allowed only 200 Christians from Gaza, who are over 55-years-old to travel only to the Jordanian Kingdom through the Allenby border crossing, and did not issue permits for those hoping to visit the Church of Nativity in Bethlehem City and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in East Jerusalem.”

The Israeli rights group Gisha reported complaints against the Israeli authorities regarding the restrictions imposed on Christians who want to travel during the Jewish holiday of Passover, also known as Pesach, which coincides with Easter.

The ban on Gaza Christians comes after Israeli military authorities announced the full closure of the West Bank and Gaza for Palestinian residents during the week of Passover, from April 19th to 27th. Israeli military authorities, which control all aspects of life for the occupied Palestinians living under their rule in Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza, frequently closing all Palestinian areas and preventing Palestinians from moving between Palestinian towns during periods of Jewish holidays.

Gisha said, “This is a flagrant violation of the freedom of movement, freedom of worship and freedom of enjoying family life for the Christians in Gaza,” noting that the Strip is an example of a “wider Israeli racist policy.” Gisha added, “Imposing such sweeping restrictions on movement cannot be justified by security needs.”

The rights group also stressed in a statement last week, “Israel is increasingly restricting movement between Gaza and the West Bank so as to deepen the separation between Palestinians torn between parts of the occupied Palestinian territory, and by doing so, advance and legitimize its annexation of the West Bank.”

(Source / 21.04.2019) 

International Campaign To Boycott Puma Company, The Israeli Union Sponsor

Days Of Palestine [ BDS] – BDS organizes an international campaign aiming to boycott Puma clothing and sports equipment as it supports the Zionist illegal settlements in the Palestinian territories and is considered to be the official sponsor of the Israeli Football Association (IFA).

On Saturday, June 15, the campaign has selected the world’s largest campaign, marking the 52th anniversary of the occupation of 67 territories by the Zionist entity.

It calls on everyone to move towards the shops of the company “Puma” to view the violations of the occupation against Palestinian athletes, and the dissemination of the issue through social networking sites, boycott the products of the company and urge everyone to do so.

The campaign will also deliver the company’s branches around the world a protest message from 200 Palestinian clubs.

(Source / 21.04.2019) 

Lieberman, who wants to cut off Palestinians’ heads, to become defence minister

Regarding last week’s prisoners’ hunger strike, he said: “Leave them starving to death.”

The Russian nightclub bouncer, Avigdor Lieberman, who wanted to cut the heads of the Palestinian with his axe, is likely becoming the new Israeli defence minister.

Israeli MK David Bitan told Israeli radio 103 FM on Sunday morning that Lieberman is to hold the defence portfolio again.

Lieberman resigned form this ministry during the last government because he said he did not have enough power to enable him to assassinate Palestinian leaders and attack civilians.

Commenting in the existence of Palestinians in their homes, which were occupied in 1948, he said: “There is nothing to be done. We need to pick up an axe and cut off their heads.”

Lieberman (1).jpg

(Source / 21.04.2019)