Palestine woman jailed for helping Gazans on hunger strike in PA prison

A poster supporting Suha Jubara, a Palestinian woman who would give financial aid to those in the Gaza Strip

A poster supporting Suha Jubara, a Palestinian woman who would give financial aid to those in the Gaza Strip

A Palestinian mother has been on hunger strike for one week in Palestinian Authority jails, Al-Wattan TV reported.

Thirty-year-old Suha Jubara from the occupied West Bank began her strike in protest against the amendment to her detention by a Jericho court last Thursday.

The mother of three suffered physical assault at the hands of Palestinian security forces during her detention, her family said.

READ: PA political detention is ‘free service for Israeli occupation’

Jubara’s lawyer said her arrest was part of the “exchange of political arrests between the two sides of Palestine”. She was arrested earlier this month accusing her of sending funds to help impoverished families living in the besieged Gaza Strip.

Her legal team has requested a court allow for her release on bail until the trial comes to an end as a result of her ill health. The court rejected the request.

Lives of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails - Cartoon [Alarabya]

(Source / 28.11.2018)

Iran sponsors families of Palestinians killed during Gaza protests

Injured Palestinians can be seen after they were wounded by Israeli soldiers during the Great March of Return in Gaza City, Gaza on 24 May 2018

The Islamic Republic of Iran has announced that it will adopt the families of Palestinians killed during the “Great March of Return” protests, the Shehab News Agency reported yesterday.

Member of the Central Committee of the Palestinian Front for the Liberation of Palestine Hussein Mansour said: “Iran will adopt the families of the martyrs and the wounded who fell during the protests of the Great March of Return.”

205 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli occupation forces as they took part in the #GreatMarchOfReturn between 30 March to 4 October 2018

READ: https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20181002-israel-killed-1…/

Infographic by UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs

Other Palestinian sources said that the Islamic Republic would pay a monthly stipend to the families of martyrs and those severely wounded during the protesters for up to one year.

In addition, it would pay for the treatment of the severely wounded patients until they recover, the sources said.

OPINION: Why Hamas needs Iran

Palestinians in Gaza have been holding weekly protests since Land Day, marked on 30 March. Demonstrators have been calling for an end to the 11-year-old Israeli siege on the Strip and their right to return to homes from which their families were forced out as a result of the Nakbaand to make way for the creation of the state of Israel.

More than 24,000 Palestinians have been injured during the protests and over 220 have been killed.

Palestinians along the Gaza-Israel border reaffirm the ‘Right of Return’ and get shot by IOF - Cartoon [Sabaaneh/MiddleEastMonitor]

(Source / 28.11.2018)

Israel subjects Palestinian family to ‘extensive collective punishment campaign’

Israeli occupation forces [Issam Rimawi/Anadolu Agency]

Israeli occupation forces

Prisoners’ rights group Addameer yesterday charged Israeli occupation authorities with subjecting a Palestinian family to “an extensive collective punishment campaign”.

The statement came as an Israeli military court extended for a further nine days the interrogation and detention period of Nasser Shriem, brother-in-law of Ashraf Na’alweh, who is accused by Israeli authorities of having perpetrated a fatal attack on settlers in the northern West Bank.

Nasser’s wife, and Ashraf’s sister, Fayrouz Shriem, “was earlier detained and tortured for 28 days by Israeli intelligence officers seeking to find her brother”, Addameer noted.

Fayrouz suffered from ill-treatment in detention which included harassment, humiliation, long interrogation sessions, sleep deprivation, threats, psychological pressure, medical negligence and she was kept in an unfitting environment for women in detention.

Israeli occupation authorities released Fayrouz on 8 November, and detained Nasser on 19 November. According to Addameer, Nasser – a professor at Al-Najah university in Nablus – “has been held at Petah Tikva interrogation centre and denied access to a lawyer”.

“An extensive collective punishment campaign by Israeli authorities” targeting the family has “so far included the arrest and detention of Ashraf’s mother father and other brother, Fayrouz and her husband Nasser, and the threatened demolition of both Ashraf and his parents’ homes.”

Addameer pointed out that, in addition, “the village they live in as well as neighbouring Palestinian towns have also been subjected to night raids and some of Ashraf’s neighbours and friends have also been arrested and interrogated.”

READ: Israel demolishes 30 Palestinian buildings in Jerusalem this month alone 

(Source / 28.11.2018)

46 Jewish settlers storm al-Aqsa Mosque

AL-QUDS, PALESTINOW.COM — Hordes of Israeli settlers broke into al-Aqsa Mosque on Tuesday morning under the protection of Israeli police forces.

Quds Press reported that 46 Jewish settlers forced their way into al-Aqsa Mosque via al-Maghareba Gate in a tour that lasted for three hours and a half.

The settlers further performed Talmudic rituals at al-Rahma Gate, the eastern side of al-Aqsa Mosque, it added.

Israeli settlers and extremist Jewish groups conduct incursions into al-Aqsa Mosque on a daily basis, except Fridays and Saturdays. The Break-ins are carried out in two rounds: in the morning and afternoon, and usually stepped up during Jewish holidays.

(Source / 28.11.2018)

Palestinian Child Speaks About His Detention By Israeli Occupation Forces

Military Court Watch: More than 220 Palestinian boys illegally detained by Israeli occupation

On 24 October 2018, the family of a 14-year-old boy from Al-Arrub refugee camp is given a summons at 3:00 am.  In accordance with the summons, the boy goes to Etzion settlement for interrogation. 

Our neighbours called my father at around 3:00 a.m. to tell us that Israeli soldiers were in the area looking for our house. Then soldiers came to my uncle’s house downstairs but could not find the entrance to our house and left. Then my father’s cousin phoned to say the soldiers were at his house and had delivered a summons for me to go to the police station in the morning. I was scared and could not go back to sleep.

Later that morning my father’s cousin gave us the summons which was written in Hebrew. We could read the date and the time and we concluded I had to go to the police station in Etzion settlement at 8:00 am on the same day. I did not go to school and instead I went to the police station with my father. We arrived at the station at 7:30 am.

My father and I were allowed into the police station compound where we waited until around 10:00 am. Then we were taken to another part of the police station where a soldier searched me in front of my father. He made me lift my shirt up exposing my back and my belly. Then I was taken inside the building with my father where we both waited. At around 10:30 am an interrogator took me to a room, but he did not allow my father to accompany me.

There were two interrogators in the room and they had a computer and a voice recorder. As soon as I entered, one of the interrogators told me I was a member of a gang made up of 10 boys who throw stones and Molotov cocktails at soldiers. I denied the accusation and told him, “I do not throw stones.” The interrogator laughed sarcastically. Then the two interrogators started to chat to each other in Hebrew. Then they both looked at a photo album and one of them said to me he had a picture of me and the other one agreed the person in the photo looked like me. They did not show me the photo.

Facts
Military Court Watch: 6,713 Palestinians imprisoned by Israeli occupation.
More than 450 Palestinian imprisoned without trials.
Up to 600 prisoners suffer chronic diseases and have no proper medical care inside Israeli prisons.

Then one of the interrogators wanted to know why I lied to him. He told me telling lies was forbidden in his office. He told me if I told the truth he would send me home. I told him I do not throw stones and that I am focused on my school work. This lasted for about 15 minutes and then I was taken outside where I waited in the sun. The interrogator told me to shut up and not to say a word and that if I did, the soldiers would take me to the basement and beat me up.

About 15 minutes later, I was taken to another room. The interrogator told me he wanted to send me to Ofer prison and that I had the right to speak to a lawyer. He called a lawyer for me and the lawyer told me not to worry and not to confess even if they show me photographs. He told me they would try to scare me but that I should not confess.

Then the interrogator told me I was telling lies and that he had photographic evidence of me throwing stones. Then he asked me how many stones I had thrown and I told him I did not throw any stones.

A short time later, the interrogator took me to another room and told me to turn my face to the wall. Then the lights were turned off and I was left by myself in the dark. I could hear the sound of the door lock when the interrogator left the room. Then somebody kept turning the lights on and off. It was a scary atmosphere. Sometime later, not so long, I was taken back to the first room.

The interrogator then showed me a photo of a boy and told me it was me. I denied it. Then he showed me more photos. Then he brought my father in and showed him the photos before telling him to leave.

After my father left the room, the interrogator told me my father had confirmed one of the photos was of me. I agreed that it was me in one of the photos, but before I could finish my sentence to say the photo did not show me throwing stones, he interrupted and told me I had confessed.

Then the interrogator started showing me more photos and wanted me to tell him the names of the boys in the photos. I told him I did not know any of them. Then he focused on two boys and told me he was sure I knew them and wanted me to give him their names. When I told him I did not know them, he raised his voice at me and accused me of lying. I was scared of him when he raised his voice at me. He then pulled out his gun and put it in my face and cocked it. I froze and could not utter a word. He screamed at me asking me why I was not saying anything.

Then he told me my father was going to pay a fine of 500 shekels and I would then be released. He took me outside and made me sit on a seat for about 30 minutes. During this time, I was taken to a room and somebody locked the door. That person stayed in the room and started to type on a computer. Then he took four photos of me and took a DNA sample from my mouth. Then he wanted to take my finger prints, but I refused. He did not ask me to sign any documents.

About 30 minutes later, I was taken outside where I met my father and we both went home. It was around 3:00 pm. My father told me a policeman gave him a summons for me to go to Ofer military court on 11 June 2019 at 10:00 am for a hearing. The summons was written in Hebrew.

(Source / 28.11.2018)

British Support to Palestinian Refugees in Jordan Through UNRWA

Refugee schoolchildren receive their new books on the first day of the new school year at one of the UNRWA schools at a Palestinian refugee camp al Wehdat, in Amman, Jordan, September 1, 2016

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) signed an agreement with the United Kingdom on Monday to support emergency services for Palestinian refugees coming from Syria and residing in Jordan from 2018 to 2021, with a total value of $6.4 million.

This agreement will enable UNRWA to provide emergency relief services to Palestinian refugees driven from Syria over three years, including food, non-food items and accommodation.

“The United Kingdom remains firmly committed to the vital role of UNRWA, which provides daily and necessary support to Palestinian refugees in Jordan and across the region,” British Ambassador to Jordan Edward Oakden said in a speech during the agreement’s launch ceremony held on Tuesday at the Amman New Camp.

“It is most unfortunate for these refugees who have been displaced not once, but twice in their lifetime. We hope this agreement will help ease some of their pain,” he added.

Oakden also noted that the deal would benefit around 18,000 Palestinian refugees in Jordan who were previously residing in Syria before the war.

“As one of UNRWA’s main donors, we have already increased our contribution to support UNRWA several times this year to ensure that vital education and healthcare services are not interrupted,” he said.

UNRWA was established in 1949 and has been mandated to provide basic assistance to Palestine refugees until a just and lasting solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is reached.

(Source / 28.11.2018)

Israeli Military Drills Commence in West Bank and Gaza

27 NOV
7:51 PM

The Israeli occupation army, on Tuesday afternoon, began military training at the Zikim military point, near the Gaza shore north of Beit Lahiya, where Gazans could hear the sound of explosions and the movement of active army forces.

Israeli Channel 7 said that, in the evening, the army will begin another training in the settlements of Ariel and Ma’ale Adumim, and the training will end on Wednesday afternoon.

PNN reports that, according to the army spokesman, training is part of the 2018 plan aimed at “maintaining the readiness of troops in times of emergency.”

Two days ago, Israeli forces started training combatants in a 10 day intensive program that sees soldiers training  under the pretext of readying the soldiers for combat in an imminent “war” against Gaza and Lebanon, at the same time.

The Israeli commando brigade, formed in 2015, has seen several training exercises where soldiers are being prepared to attack under what they call “perceived challenge” or threat.

Working with the air force, the indoctrination training serves as a tool resulting in the army legitimizing the use of military action against “any enemy in any area”.

(Source / 28.11.2018)

WORKER DIES OF HEART ATTACK AT ISRAELI OCCUPATION CHECKPOINT AFTER WAITING HOURS TO CROSS

Israel uses occupied Palestinians as a cheap labour force, with thousands spending hours each day going through to and returning from work in ethnically cleansed Palestine 1948 via Israeli occupation checkpoints. Deaths, as on Sunday, are not rare nor utterly unintended consequence.

The checkpoints operate slowly not because the ‘start-up nation’ with Hewlett-Packard’s computer programs at checkpoints couldn’t operate them quickly and smoothly, but because the long wait spend usually standing out of necessity is how the occupation wants it to be.

The occupation is intended to make life as unbearable for Palestinians as possible, and the checkpoints as part of that. They are not, as Israel’s regime and its apologists abroad claim, about ‘the safety of Israel’, but about making anything approaching normal life impossible for the enslaved Palestinian people.

Israel steals each day hours from the lives of the people it pays a pittance to work in the lands stolen from their people. On Sunday November 25th it stole the entire life of Yousef Aweisa at the ad-Dhahiriya checkpoint from the occupied West Bank’s Hebron district to Negev.

30-year-old Aweisa died of ‘massive heart-attack’ at the checkpoint after waiting for hours to cross. Instead of this leading to any kind of positive reaction from the Israeli occupation, later that day Israel’s occupation forces attacked Palestinian labourers near the checkpoint. People were chased through agricultural fields and dozens were kidnapped and taken to the occupation forces’ detention centres.

Why? Because the Israeli occupation is about making life unbearable to occupied Palestinians, and through the daily bullying and enforced standing in lines for hours, ending it. Like happened to Yousef Aweisa.

(Source / 28.11.2018)

PPS: “Israeli Soldiers Abduct Eighteen Palestinians In The West Bank”

28 NOV
9:10 AM

Israeli soldiers abducted, on Wednesday at dawn, at least eighteen Palestinians from their homes, in several parts of the occupied West Bank, the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society (PPS) has reported.

The soldiers invaded dozens of communities across the occupied West Bank, before storming and ransacking homes, and interrogated scores of Palestinians while inspecting their ID cards.

The army also installed roadblocks on many areas in the occupied territory, before stopping and searching dozens of cars, and interrogated the residents while inspecting their ID cards.

The PPS added that children and former political prisoners, are among the abducted Palestinians.

One of the Palestinians, identified as Zeidan Saleh Hawashin, from Jenin refugee camp, was abducted while crossing Barta’a military roadblock, southwest of the northern West Bank city of Jenin.

The Abducted Palestinians have been identified as:

  1. Rami Shehada Shebani, 22, Arraba, Jenin.
  2. Zeidan Saleh Hawashin, 19, Jenin refugee camp, Jenin.
  3. Adnan Ahmad al-Hosary, (former political prisoner), Tulkarem refugee camp, Tulkarem.
  4. Mosab Adnan al-Hosary, (former political prisoner), Tulkarem refugee camp.
  5. Ahmad Matrouk, Tulkarem refugee camp.
  6. Hussein Howeidi, Tulkarem refugee camp.
  7. Hasan Howeidi, Tulkarem refugee camp.
  8. Ahmad Abu Jamous, Tulkarem refugee camp.
  9. Hatem Fuqaha’, (former political prisoner), Kafr al-Lubbad, Tulkarem.
  10. Issa Sawafta, Tubas.
  11. Mahmoud Sawafta, Tubas.
  12. Anas Fadel, Askar refugee camp, Nablus.
  13. Ahmad Mustafa Abu Leil, 15, Askar refugee camp.
  14. Nidal Safwan Salim, 16, Azzoun, Qalqilia.
  15. Zeid Osama Rajabi, Hebron.
  16. Maan Nayef Badawi, 15, al-‘Arroub refugee camp, Hebron.
  17. Mo’taz Abu Zneid, Doura, Hebron.
  18. Rezeq Rayyan, (former political prisoner), Qarawat Bank Hassan, Salfit.

(Source / 28.11.2018)

Palestinian Dies From Serious Wounds Suffered In 2014

28 NOV
7:58 PM

The Palestinian Health Ministry has reported that a young man died, Wednesday, from serious wounds he suffered during the Israeli war on Gaza, in the summer of 2014.

The Ministry said the young man, Eyad Yousef Suleiman, 25, was injured during the extensive Israeli bombardment and shelling, and died from serious complications.

Suleiman was from Jabalia refugee camp, in the northern part of the Gaza Strip.

On November 3. 2018, a Palestinian child, identified as Mohammad Nasr al-Reefy, 14, died from serious wounds he suffered on August 21, 2014.

Medical sources said the child suffered injuries and shrapnel all over his body, including a piece in his spine, resulting in quadriplegia and various health complications.

The Israeli missile instantly killed the child’s brother Omar Nasr Ziad ar-Reefy, 4, and their father Nasr Ziad ar-Reefy, 35, in addition to his cousin, Abdullah Tareq ar-Reefy, 7, and Abdullah’s brother Ziad, 13, along with their father, Mohammad Ziad Abed-Rabbo ar-Reefy, 28.

The Al-Mezan Center for Human Rights said the soldiers killed at least 2218 Palestinians during the 51-day Israeli offensive on the coastal region, while dozens later died from their serious wounds.

Around 84% of the slain Palestinians were civilians, including hundreds of children.

Al-Mezan stated that the Israeli bombardment and shelling of Palestinian homes, residential buildings and structures, resulted in wiping out entire families, while dozens of families lost multiple members. According to UN OCHA, 142 families lost 3 members or more in the Israeli attacks.

(Source /28.11.2018)